Contracts (Real World)

I know this is a LONG SHOT, but does anyone know where I could find, or know of, a list of contract lengths for Real World workers? As it stands at the moment, I'm having to leave all the workers contract lengths at random (except for the McMahons who have 6years). Thanks for any pointers, Chris

[QUOTE]I know this is a LONG SHOT, but does anyone know where I could find, or know of, a list of contract lengths for Real World workers? As it stands at the moment, I'm having to leave all the workers contract lengths at random (except for the McMahons who have 6years). Thanks for any pointers, Chris[/QUOTE] I honestly doubt you'll be able to find that info but then again.... Stuff ends up on the internet I guess. Most contractual things like that tend to be kept within house so there wouldn't be much room to know the details about it all. With that being said, Good luck!

[QUOTE=Chriswok;428242]Yeah that's what I was thinking, but then I thought, hmm WWE are on the stock market, do they have to declare what their wages structure is on who is contracted to when?[/QUOTE] While that is true, here's an example before I even go further. Best Buy, the store, is a publicly traded stock, right? Well, I am an employee of said company. Am I listed on something for stock holders? Although, given, it may be different as I'm not under contract, but, in ways I think it's similar. The only time I recall ever hearing of contracts, are when they expire, or, once in a while there is a "so and so signed a 3 year extention" but, I haven't seen one of those in ages.

[QUOTE]The only time I recall ever hearing of contracts, are when they expire, or, once in a while there is a "so and so signed a 3 year extention" but, I haven't seen one of those in ages.[/QUOTE] Yea, there isn't much for releasing contract lengths & amounts in Pro Wrestling. I think the last time I really heard something along that line was when Big Show signed a 10 year contract with the WWE. Other than that, It all seems to be very hush hush.

[QUOTE=fatallylost;428243] Best Buy, the store, is a publicly traded stock, right? Well, I am an employee of said company. Am I listed on something for stock holders?[/QUOTE] Fair point, think I'll just leave them as random, and change the ones I can find dates for. Thanks for the help, Chris

LordsofPain.net often says when a worker in WWE is due a contract extention. About this time last year they said Mark Henry had just signed a one year contract, so I'd image that'd be up soon. That is, of course, if it's true and not typical internet lies lol. They said something about Rey contract sometime last month, but I dont remember what it was lol

[QUOTE=Chriswok;428242]Yeah that's what I was thinking, but then I thought, hmm WWE are on the stock market, do they have to declare what their wages structure is on who is contracted to when?[/QUOTE] Absolutely not. The only salaries requiring disclosure for shareholders are directors and other positions with a direct influence on a company's value. Like fatallylost alluded to, his/her job has zero to do with Best Buy's bottom line but I bet Brian Dunn does (and so Brian's total compensation is important to know, not fatallylost's). Most contract news you read about are as a result of leaks. Anyone in the accounting department at WWE HQ can tell you when contracts expire and/or are due for renewal just like anyone in accounting at NFL HQ could send you a copy of the contract language of a "cap friendly" contract (like Terrell Owens' or, believe it or not, Peyton Manning's). It's how "the little guy" flexes his/her muscle. Set all of them to random except folks like Vince, Shane, Steph, Linda, Dixie, Jarrett (either Jeff or Jerry), and let the game play itself out.

TBH i dont know what the maximum length of contract there is in 2008 but when thinking over i tried to figure it out myself just for fun... 6 Years + John Cena Triple H Shawn Michaels Vince, Steph, Shane, Linda McMahon The Undertaker 5 Years Randy Orton Batista Edge CM Punk 4 Years Mr Kennedy Chris Jericho Maria Candice Michelle Mick Foley MVP Rey Mysterio John Morrison 3 Years Jeff Hardy Taz Hardcore Holly Cody Rhodes Umaga Santino Marella Mickie James Lillian Garcia Beth Phoenix Ted DiBiase Jr Jim Ross Jerry Lawler Big Show Matt Hardy Finlay Chavo Guerrero Victoria Nattie Neidhart Gregory Helms Ron Killings Chris Harris Michael Cole Justin Roberts Tommy Dreamer Kofi Kingston Kelly Kelly 2 Years Brian Kendrick Paul London Shad Gaspard JTG Jim Duggan Super Crazy Harry Smith JBL William Regal Carlito Paul Burchill Charlie Hass Ashley Melina Katie Lea Burchill Drew Galloway Kane Jimmy Wang Yang Jesse Festus Jamie Noble Curt Hawkins Zack Ryder Chuck Palumbo Kenny Dykstra Michelle McCool Eve Torres Lena Yada Vickie Guerrero Teddy Long Armando Estrada Stevie Richards Bam Neeley Shelton Benjamin Elijah Burke Layla El 1 Year or Less Trevor Murdoch Val Venis Snitsky Lance Cade Jillian Rory McAllister Robbie McAllister Todd Grisham Mike Adamle Hornswoggle Shannon Moore Funaki Khali Mark Henry Domino Vladimir Kozlov Cherry Maryse Colin Delaney Nunzio Miz Mike Knox Matt Striker Boogeyman Big Daddy V As for TNA guys i doubt anyone had any larger contract then 2 years.

[QUOTE=PunkFan84;429363]As for TNA guys i doubt anyone had any larger contract then 2 years.[/QUOTE] There are some guys, who have / had 3-year-contracts. Anyway, I think, that's mostly not important. You don't know, when a wrestler expires, quits or even gets released. That's why in the most cases it should be enough to let the contracts at "random" and only manipulate the contracts in case of a) top stars, where there's medial interest (like internetfans discussing Samoe Joes contract, or: regarding the WWE top draws) b.) scenarios, where you can use it to - for example - simulate expiring contracts or famous worker leaving (Steve Austin from WCW, Bret Hart from WWF -- despite that might not have been real expirings)

Archived