Strange events so far '08

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bolton
[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;431295]It hasn't happened yet, but I fully intent of building up Ben Force to be the very next TCW Heavyweight champ.. o' yes, it will happen..[/QUOTE] TOMMY CORNELL WILL FEEL THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE!!!

[QUOTE=alden;431304]on the third day sam keith announced his retirement ;) haha to screwing up the tcw stable ;)[/QUOTE] Not really. I know I wasn't the only one who used Tommy, Wolf, and the Machines (using their real names) in a Horsemen stable. Keith is just a bonus. Though on the first test run, Tommy's reign was finally toppled by none other than Genghis Rahn.

[QUOTE=TheJoshRollins;431332]In my game I started with SWF, I drug tested everyone, and guess who had roids? Big Smack Scott. Oh! He's so awesome.[/QUOTE] I will second that. I gave him the Riot Act, and he stormed out. tried again with every other punishment, and he stormed out. Can't wait to see what he does when I fire him tonight... And Ben Force, que?

[QUOTE=wilts;431335]I will second that. I gave him the Riot Act, and he stormed out. tried again with every other punishment, and he stormed out. Can't wait to see what he does when I fire him tonight... And Ben Force, que?[/QUOTE] I read him the riot act too. He also stormed out. I didn't feel like wasting any more money just to have him fail again to see how he reacted to the other treatments. I just buried him in match after match. I like burying him too much to fire him yet.

Just checking if anyone else has this problem.I got a msg that the SWF roster is small and need to hire 4 more wrestlers.So i asked for negotiations with some wrestlers but Richard Eisen will allow me a max of 0$!Knowing the min in TEW08 is 50$ it's difficult to hire anyone...And what is even more strange is that Eisen's Finance are set to "Flashy"!

[QUOTE=paphos;431395]Just checking if anyone else has this problem.I got a msg that the SWF roster is small and need to hire 4 more wrestlers.So i asked for negotiations with some wrestlers but Richard Eisen will allow me a max of 0$!Knowing the min in TEW08 is 50$ it's difficult to hire anyone...And what is even more strange is that Eisen's Finance are set to "Flashy"![/QUOTE] We have a technical support forum further down the page. Please use it to report errors.

[QUOTE=wilts;431335]I will second that. I gave him the Riot Act, and he stormed out. tried again with every other punishment, and he stormed out. Can't wait to see what he does when I fire him tonight... And Ben Force, que?[/QUOTE] I did the Fatherly approach, and he just came back with "Yeah, whatever." In order to soothe the simmering tension that developed (and as a reward for the hilarity), I put him over Enygma in 5 minutes on the first card. Gotta say I love SWF's roster. DAVE will be missed, but that's such a fun roster to be working with.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;431408]I did the Fatherly approach, and he just came back with "Yeah, whatever." In order to soothe the simmering tension that developed (and as a reward for the hilarity), I put him over Enygma in 5 minutes on the first card. Gotta say I love SWF's roster. DAVE will be missed, but that's such a fun roster to be working with.[/QUOTE] I did the same thing to Acid when he was stirring up trouble (pranks) in NOTBPW and he said the same thing to me. I did two separate things to him each time. The 3rd time I gave him the stern warning and he smartened up.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;431419]I did the same thing to Acid when he was stirring up trouble (pranks) in NOTBPW and he said the same thing to me. I did two separate things to him each time. The 3rd time I gave him the stern warning and he smartened up.[/QUOTE] I am going to kill BSS with kindness. The concept of trying to have a heart-to-heart with a notorious jackass is simply hilarious to me!

Guest Bolton
[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;431433]I am going to kill BSS with kindness. The concept of trying to have a heart-to-heart with a notorious jackass is simply hilarious to me![/QUOTE] QFT. I also loved how BS Scott was causing [I]every freakin' backstage arguement[/I]. Gotta love that Scott.

heh and people said worker personalities and the backstage feature were "fluff". Fluff on this, y0!!! :p Also, wait til that bill for all that testing comes in! You're gonna be like, "WTF did all these expenses come from?!?!". And I've heard no one mention what happened to the Stones. :(

[QUOTE=Remianen;431497]heh and people said worker personalities and the backstage feature were "fluff". Fluff on this, y0!!! :p Also, wait til that bill for all that testing comes in! You're gonna be like, "WTF did all these expenses come from?!?!". And I've heard no one mention what happened to the Stones. :([/QUOTE] I've mentioned it, on and off the boards. And as it relates to it, nothing really "happened". Duane went back to Japan, Sr. got fed up with dealing with the bastard son, and fired him. Edd went to TCW, and got a new look now he's a midcarder. Meanwhile the DeColt family is still in tact. McFly's shelved for a few months. NOTBPW got the raw end of the stick. Esp since they have soooo much deadweight. Why they keep guys like Boone, RK Hayes, and the McWade boys around is beyond me. I can see Westybrook, but several, including the aforementioned folks don't fit. They don't have the talent, or the overness at least to put on a decent match. They're better suited for USAPW... aka, the home for the old and talentless. worst part about it is because they're cult, nobody big will sign with them, and because they're in Canada, everyone you sign expects to be paid travel costs. I guess it had to be done to keep NOTBPW from ruling the world lol.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;431548]I've mentioned it, on and off the boards. And as it relates to it, nothing really "happened". Duane went back to Japan, Sr. got fed up with dealing with the bastard son, and fired him. Edd went to TCW, and got a new look now he's a midcarder. Meanwhile the DeColt family is still in tact. McFly's shelved for a few months. NOTBPW got the raw end of the stick. Esp since they have soooo much deadweight. Why they keep guys like Boone, RK Hayes, and the McWade boys around is beyond me. I can see Westybrook, but several, including the aforementioned folks don't fit. They don't have the talent, or the overness at least to put on a decent match. They're better suited for USAPW... aka, the home for the old and talentless. worst part about it is because they're cult, nobody big will sign with them, and because they're in Canada, everyone you sign expects to be paid travel costs. I guess it had to be done to keep NOTBPW from ruling the world lol.[/QUOTE] As always, people ignore the wimmen. SHAME! Especially you, MW! Victoria retiring is huge when coupled with the firing of JMB and Tamara and such. It makes NOTBPW's women's division about as strong as UCR's was (which is to say, not at all). In 07, NOTB's women's division could put on matches that rivaled those of the midcarders of the SWF/TCW types. Pretty good for a division that by design is LOWER than enhancement talent. I can tell you that even with the changes, NOTB still makes it to National and above crazy fast. But it's not as easy for them as it was in 07.

I noticed, Remi - I think you and me are about the only women's wrestling fans going :p But I'm more concerned about Alicia. Two weeks into the demo, and there's been no move to sign anyone else to the new USPW division. Alicia vs. Cherry Bomb vs. Nadia Snow for eternity? I may have booked something similar in 07, but please - Sam's supposed to be a professional :D

Guest .SVA
On the first day of my MAW game, Runaway Train got injured in a freak accident involving.. ..a toad. He received a broken toe. Also Pistol Pete Hall had an eye injury that lasted exactly ONE DAY!

[QUOTE=James Casey;431642]I noticed, Remi - I think you and me are about the only women's wrestling fans going :p But I'm more concerned about Alicia. Two weeks into the demo, and there's been no move to sign anyone else to the new USPW division. Alicia vs. Cherry Bomb vs. Nadia Snow for eternity? I may have booked something similar in 07, but please - Sam's supposed to be a professional :D[/QUOTE] I've played the demo through several times, and none of women's promotions/divisions has much movement of people. the only time any of them went out and hired someone was the one time that Melody Cuthill suffered a herniated disc which was going to put her out of action for a year. NOTB went out and hired Wanda Fish to replace Melody after that. There usually isn't much more movement on the men's side, although usually. SWF looks to hire at some point.

[QUOTE=Remianen;431615]As always, people ignore the wimmen. SHAME! Especially you, MW! Victoria retiring is huge when coupled with the firing of JMB and Tamara and such. It makes NOTBPW's women's division about as strong as UCR's was (which is to say, not at all). In 07, NOTB's women's division could put on matches that rivaled those of the midcarders of the SWF/TCW types. Pretty good for a division that by design is LOWER than enhancement talent. I can tell you that even with the changes, NOTB still makes it to National and above crazy fast. But it's not as easy for them as it was in 07.[/QUOTE] the women's side has kind of backslid back to 2005 levels. You basically have 5SSW at the top, and claiming the best wrestlers. (JoAnne Rodriquez will tell you that 5SSW wrestling is her priority if you talk to her.) then there is AAA with their almost unchanging roster. They have added a few, but overall the roster hasn't changed much. The 3 women's divisions. NOTBPW, EAW, USPW are all 4 wrestler mini-divisons that seem to be mostly for show. They each employ a couple of decent wrestlers, but with the new rules on repetivie booking, it will be hard to really breakout any stars, without expanding the roster. BSC stumbles along. They will always be more about fun and looks that wrestling. they have some good performers though, even if they'd probably do better as managers, than actual wrestlers.

Archived