Strange events so far '08

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;594328]Has the title gone missing or something?[/QUOTE] My gut says evidence came to light that, during the 1970s, Ed Henson was REALLY into young boys. Which explains why the cup no longer is competed for... why they still have the show called that I can't explain.

[QUOTE=Lucied;594265]I'm currently at the first day of July, 1992. ECW opened on the first day of 1992, with Rip Rogers as the owner. Len Denton is the head booker. Currently the ECW Television champion is Mo (from Men on a Mission). The ECW Tag Champs are Paul Levesque (Triple H) and Ace Steel. The ECW World Champion is Bushwacker Butch. Also, Levesque and Steel have a Strong Dislike of each other, despite their tag team success. Over in NWA land, JYD lost the NWA World title to Sting, who then lost it to the current champion, Brad Rheingans. In the WWF, Jake Roberts has been the WWF World Champion for almost an entire year. His reign started in Week 3 of August, 1991. I sure hope that the WWF has his drug issues under control. Also of note, The Ringmaster was the 1992 King of the Ring. I'm sure none of this qualifies as a "strange event," but I think it's interesting.[/QUOTE] I'm at the start of 1994 now. About the only remarkable thing is that, in Week 3 of March 1993, ECW closed. In August, Rip Rogers, the founder of ECW, died. Unfortunately the news archive doesn't record the cause of death. The last ECW TV champion was Paul Levesque. The last ECW Champion was Ace Steel. And the last (and only) ECW Tag champs were Paul Levesque and Ace Steel. They held all the gold as the ship sank. They still have a strong dislike for each other. On a side note, the NWA still boggles my mind with their choices for NWA World Champion. JYD is currently having his second reign with the belt. Sting and Ron Simmons held the belt, so it isn't all bad. But Brad Rheingans? JYD? Even Jerry Lawler? Now, I never saw Lawler back in the glory days of Memphis, so maybe he could have been NWA World Champion in 1993, if the opportunity arose. So I guess I can let that pass. The NWA still has Flair, Sting, and Muta in the Main Event, which is good. They also have Buzz Sawyer, Butch Reed, Brad Rheingans, Cowboy Bob Orton, Larry Zbyszko, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, Ron Simmons, and Sergeant Slaughter in the main event. In 1994. Which I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around.

Orton's a push, but I can see it. Slaughter is fair enough (think what real WCW was doing in the mid 1990s...) But Brad Rheingans? Wasn't he, basically, Kurt Angle without the charisma and aptitude for pro wrestling? I can't ever remember him being worth a cup of coffee in a major fed, let alone main eventing.

Something weird in my TI game: The nephew of PGHW's owner Sadaharu Jimbo, Seiji Jimbo got signed by Hinote Dojo and then moved up to BHOTWG, PGHW rival company.. I wonder what happens when Sadaharu retires and who the owner of BHOTWG will be. The same thing happened in US where RIPW signed Jay Chord into development deal and after just one match Jay was called up to SWF.. When Rip Chord retires he will most likely end up being the owner, I remember that not even Written deals prevent the ownership to change (?).

[QUOTE=FINisher;594784]Something weird in my TI game: The nephew of PGHW's owner Sadaharu Jimbo, Seiji Jimbo got signed by Hinote Dojo and then moved up to BHOTWG, PGHW rival company.. I wonder what happens when Sadaharu retires and who the owner of BHOTWG will be. The same thing happened in US where RIPW signed Jay Chord into development deal and after just one match Jay was called up to SWF.. When Rip Chord retires he will most likely end up being the owner, I remember that not even Written deals prevent the ownership to change (?).[/QUOTE] Same thing happened in my SWF game. When Jimbo retired a couple months in, Eisaku Hoshino became owner, even though he was on a short-term contract with BHOTWG. He joined PGHW on a written deal, obviously, and worked for both for the remainder of his Burning Hammer deal.

[QUOTE=Lucied;594705]I'm at the start of 1994 now. About the only remarkable thing is that, in Week 3 of March 1993, ECW closed. In August, Rip Rogers, the founder of ECW, died. Unfortunately the news archive doesn't record the cause of death. The last ECW TV champion was Paul Levesque. The last ECW Champion was Ace Steel. And the last (and only) ECW Tag champs were Paul Levesque and Ace Steel. They held all the gold as the ship sank. They still have a strong dislike for each other. On a side note, the NWA still boggles my mind with their choices for NWA World Champion. JYD is currently having his second reign with the belt. Sting and Ron Simmons held the belt, so it isn't all bad. But Brad Rheingans? JYD? Even Jerry Lawler? Now, I never saw Lawler back in the glory days of Memphis, so maybe he could have been NWA World Champion in 1993, if the opportunity arose. So I guess I can let that pass. The NWA still has Flair, Sting, and Muta in the Main Event, which is good. They also have Buzz Sawyer, Butch Reed, Brad Rheingans, Cowboy Bob Orton, Larry Zbyszko, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, Ron Simmons, and Sergeant Slaughter in the main event. In 1994. Which I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around.[/QUOTE] Well, 1995 now. In the first week of January, 1994, Jeff Jarrett was convicted of perjury and sent to prison for two years. He still has a year left, at this point. Jake Roberts died, but that seems to happen to everyone at some point. Also, Glen Gilberti, The Disco Inferno, was caught with steroids. That amuses me for some reason. Finally, Jerry Saggs is #2 on the 1994 Power 100. How?

[QUOTE=Lucied;595060]Well, 1995 now. In the first week of January, 1994, Jeff Jarrett was convicted of perjury and sent to prison for two years. He still has a year left, at this point. Jake Roberts died, but that seems to happen to everyone at some point. Also, Glen Gilberti, The Disco Inferno, was caught with steroids. That amuses me for some reason. Finally, Jerry Saggs is #2 on the 1994 Power 100. How?[/QUOTE] 1995 had nothing interesting. Other than Jerry Saggs winning the WWF Championship. I'm at the start of 1997 now. The Great Muta is NWA Champion, finally. Ole Anderson is the WWF Intercontinental Champion, for some reason, and having his second reign, apparently. Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart are reigning five-time WWF Tag Champs, and Ricky Steamboat is WWF Champ. The OVW Heavyweight Champion is...Barry Horowitz. I have noticed that the AI doesn't seem to care if a face wrestler is paired with a heel manager, or vice versa. Nor does it seem to want to change managers much, if ever. Anyway... WWF Referee Tim White was found in possession of steroids. Percy Pringle was caught with soft drugs. Marc and Rena Mero divorced in November '96. Also, I feel bad for CMLL who keep ending up in a National Battle with WWF and NWA in Mexico, because more often than not, they're the ones that lose, which usually results in them dropping to Cult.

Here's something that I've been telling everyone for years: You don't have to have big first segments/matches for the card to succeed. Take a look at this, Cornellverse '97, "SWF Rage" tv-show results: Ethan Phillips def. Rodney Hotbody. E The Masked Mauler def. Colin Kennedy. E ANGLE: Confrontation involving Christian Faith and Bruce The Giant. A* Wrestlebot 9000 def. Reece Clark. E+ ANGLE: Brawl involving Sam Keith, Adonis and Sean McFly. A No Way Jose def. RicK Horn. D+ Sean McFly def. Mr. Supreme. A Christian Faith def. Adonis. A Overall Grade: A

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;599076]Well that was the AI so it is not really the same thing. Could be that the e to D+ matches where under 6 mins and the angles and the A matches real long. Plus the AI managed a hills and valleys kinda which also helps.[/QUOTE] Which in no way disproves what he was saying; a great opener is by no means required. I can back that up from experience myself, by the way, with player booking. Note that neither of us are saying that the great opener doesn't *help*.

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;599087]I kinda ment to imply that in this case the A+ angle could be construed as being the "opener".[/QUOTE] Unless I missed something really big, matches always count toward show grade, and there's two of 'em ahead of that 'opener'. And as I say, I can back this up from my own experience, via player data: Alliteration def. Acid & Joey Minnesota E+ Dos Phoenix def. CB Jr & AdM Jr C+ Greg Gauge def. KC Glenn C- Mario Heroic def. Steve Flash B Matthew Gauge def. Jonathan Faust B Human Arsenal drew with Nigel Svensson A DWN def. Joey Beauchamp A Overall B+

[QUOTE=Lucied;595657]1995 had nothing interesting. Other than Jerry Saggs winning the WWF Championship. I'm at the start of 1997 now. The Great Muta is NWA Champion, finally. Ole Anderson is the WWF Intercontinental Champion, for some reason, and having his second reign, apparently. Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart are reigning five-time WWF Tag Champs, and Ricky Steamboat is WWF Champ. The OVW Heavyweight Champion is...Barry Horowitz. I have noticed that the AI doesn't seem to care if a face wrestler is paired with a heel manager, or vice versa. Nor does it seem to want to change managers much, if ever. Anyway... WWF Referee Tim White was found in possession of steroids. Percy Pringle was caught with soft drugs. Marc and Rena Mero divorced in November '96. Also, I feel bad for CMLL who keep ending up in a National Battle with WWF and NWA in Mexico, because more often than not, they're the ones that lose, which usually results in them dropping to Cult.[/QUOTE] Nothing really good has been happening. I'm disappointed. One thing that did happen was, sometime in 1998 or 1999, Fritz Von Erich retired and left the business, and Kerry inherited WCCW. Then in 2000, Kerry died, forcing Fritz to return and inherit WCCW. It's kind of weird seeing how many wrestlers who died in the 80s and 90s are still alive in 2001 in the No Holds Barred mod. Andre is still alive, for example.

[quote=Hyde Hill;599076][B]Could be that the e to D+ matches where under 6 mins[/B] and the angles and the A matches real long. Plus the AI managed a hills and valleys kinda which also helps.[/quote] [U]Every match counts into the final grade, no matter how long they are[/U]. The 6+ minute thing concers only angles.

Don't know how strange this is, but I found it funny: I'm currently running a NOTBPW game, and I drug test at the end of every month. Craig Green tested positive for soft drugs for the second time. He blew me off when I read him the riot act the first time, and since he's only on a PPA I can't suspend him. So I fine him. His response: "Gotcha, I'll try not to get caught again." Somehow, I think he will get busted during next months tests. Then I'll fire him. On a similar note, Hooded Kudo keeps getting into it with Dan Stone Jr for some reason. I'm going to have to either get rid of him, or send him down to train people in my developmental territory.

[QUOTE=alphadraighon;599387] On a similar note, Hooded Kudo keeps getting into it with Dan Stone Jr for some reason. I'm going to have to either get rid of him, or send him down to train people in my developmental territory.[/QUOTE] WO, hold your horses. NOTBPW has Kudo and you think that some nobody is on drugs is more of a strange event?

[quote=The Masked Orange;599397]WO, hold your horses. NOTBPW has Kudo and you think that some nobody is on drugs is more of a strange event?[/quote] Seconded. How in the blue hell.. BHOTWG must have fallen to Cult or bankrupted. I think that in Cult status even if he would be in a PPA-deal he would still be Loyal to them and not sign with anyone else..

Not really strange, but I just wanted a place to vent. I just turned Randy Savage face to feud with Mr. Perfect over my World title, and the day after he turns, I get a message saying he's retiring at the end of the month. So, instead of having Perfect/Savage carrying the WWF for the next six or so months, I have a month to build up this feud and put Mr. Perfect over and figure something else out. Blah. And for the next 50 months (why does Savage have such a long contract?), I'm gonna have a retired wrestler on my payroll earning $31,000 per month. Blah.

Archived