Strange events so far '08

[QUOTE=Zeel1;648052]Okay, so one day I do a test game, and sim the default data into, like, April of 2009, just to see how everything goes. I like what I see, and my curiosity gets to me, and I end up starting a new promotion at that point. I'm getting everything ready, and scouting for high-level, high-skilled and un-exclusive wrestlers to be my first World Champion, when I come across a certain man named Dan Stone Jr. I couldn't believe it. I don't know how it happened, but somehow Dan Stone Jr. was fired from NOTBPW. I don't what's more surprising - Jr. being released by his dad, or the fact that TCW, SWF or some Japanese promotion hadn't swiped him yet. Total lucky break for me there, even more so that he agreed to sign onto my initial roster.[/QUOTE] He'll have gotten too over to sign on with a Cult promotion in Canada.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;648057]He'll have gotten too over to sign on with a Cult promotion in Canada.[/QUOTE] Aye, that's a pretty common occurance. All the Stones and DeColts tend to be at risk of this, especially if they start off with a short contract, meaning the AI won't have enough time to get there overness in line with what is required. Personally, I'd think the fact it's a family owned company should trump some of that... atleast if they have a loyal personality.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;648066]Aye, that's a pretty common occurance. All the Stones and DeColts tend to be at risk of this, especially if they start off with a short contract, meaning the AI won't have enough time to get there overness in line with what is required. Personally, I'd think the fact it's a family owned company should trump some of that... atleast if they have a loyal personality.[/QUOTE] The relationship does override that to an extent. I've seen Dan Stone Jr's contract come up in a couple of test games. And he will not sign with another promotion. He just also won't resign with NOTBPW. So the relationship is enough to keep him from signing elsewhere during that time, just not enough to make him resign. The DeColt's won't leave in my current game, though. Annoying.

Not a strange event so much as something that amused me. This is Rich Money's overness in my SWF game after his A* match with Sean McFly... [IMG][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Screens/MoneyPopularity.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

[B]January 1st, 1976:[/B] Japanese pro-wrestler Botan Oonishi debuts [B]January 2nd, 1976:[/B] Japanese pro-wrestler Botan Oonishi is arrested and inprisoned for grand theft auto. In his defense, it's highly unlikely he'll ever make enouge money from wrestling to buy his own car, since he's completely and utterly devoid of any redeeming quality (well, in Japan atleast).

Give him the WWE 1997 Bryan Pillman treatment and have Edd Stone with crutches hanging out with Tommy Cornell. During Cornell matches, Edd could distract the referee as Cornell uses one of Edd crutches to knock the opponent out.

[quote=SaySo;652458]Give him the WWE 1997 Bryan Pillman treatment and have Edd Stone with crutches hanging out with Tommy Cornell. During Cornell matches, Edd could distract the referee as Cornell uses one of Edd crutches to knock the opponent out.[/quote] I think that it would get stale within those 10 years he's injured :p

Archived