Strange events so far '08

Started a new game, this time in Sept 2010 (started from Oct. 09) TNA grew from Cult to Global, and Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett both signed up with the Hulkamania Tour ROH is about to go under again, and Scott Damore's BCW closed down again Tyler Black finally won the ROH World title, and ROH even got Ken Kennedy (too bad since theyre about to go under) Scott Hall, Steiner, Balls Mahoney, Hardcore Holly, Mickie James, Sarita, and Nattie Neidhart are some of the names who retired recentely. Ken Shamrock came back into the business,too.Joe Hennig, Kung Fu Naki, Kaval, and Maria were all released by WWE Speaking of WWE, Big Show won the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. Also on that fed, USA took RAW off of their network, and Syfy did the same with ECW. Smackdown moved from Mynetwork to CBS, so it looks like SD and Superstars are WWEs A and B shows right now D'Lo Brown left TNA and ROH for AAA under a written deal. CIMA took complete control of NJPW

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First time I ever got this message when viewing Hot Prospects. Playing as CZCW, I hired Ace Youngblood after the internet reports saying he's 'one to watch'. Then I messed up with the push levels to see which workers appear on the hot prospects. This is the line that about Youngblood, which I have never seen before. [I]"Acy Youngblood is somebody who should be handled carefully, as it's clear that the 22 year old has all the raw materials needed to create a big star in the future; [B]altough he is unlikely to ever amount to much in terms of in-ring performance, he undoubtedly has certain star potential in him.[/B]"[/I] I guess that I just hire the good wrestlers in my games so I have not seen that message before, not even once. Also I noticed the different terms used: In the Youngblood's review there's no term used, however, Jeremiah Moose is predicted to be a "pretty good [B]in-ring performer[/B]" while Flying Jimmy Foxx is said to have potential to become a "very good [B]wrestler[/B]". Also note the different between "[B]Very[/B] good wrestler" and "[B]Very, very[/B] good wrestler". Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.. Or am I? :p :cool:

[QUOTE=The Chosen One;711902]Jacob Jette picked up a injury last night. A Shattered Knee.. pretty bad... looks like he's gonna have to take some time off to heal... How long do doctors say he's gonna have to wait before he recovers? Oh not that long... just around: 133 Months, 2 weeks. AKA: Roughly 11 Years. Here I was worried it'd be serious[/QUOTE] I take it you botched the surgery on him? It should be the only way anyone would miss that much time.

Guest doublec
National Battle results for October 2011 - Japan - WLW, BHOTWG, TCW - kinda not strange USA - NOTBPW, TCW, SWF - wow SWF have just fallen to Cult status for the third time in the last 2 years.

Dan Stone, Jr. left NOTBPW. So what company gets the honor of signing arguably the best wrestler in the world? [b]It was confirmed last night that WEXXV, about to embark on a new tour, have completed the signing of Dan Stone Jr. He will be joining them for the entire span of the tour, as WEXXV hope the fresh faces will help draw more fans.[/b] Just wow. This could be their key to national success.

I have this whiny japanese guy on my developement, and it came time to renew his contract. I thought: "12 months, 1500$ and travel expenses" would be fine, but no, somehow this guy has become a freelancer. "The proposed contract type has been rejected, as Katsuhiko Nakajima is a freelancer and only interested in joining you on a short term contract". Well, no problem, I've been thinking to bring him up anyway, so let's give him a short term contract instead. But what says Katsuhiko? "The proposed contract type has been rejected, as Katsuhiko Nakajima does not want to give up a developmental deal for a short term deal." Screw you then, go back to job in Japan.

Just for giggles, and for a possible future-esque Dynasty, I started a game and picked no promotion. Advanced until [B]August 2015[/B] and I get an email saying a booking position opened in [B]NYCW[/B] and lo and behold the Owner and Booker is [B]Larry Wood[/B]! I don't know why but I kind of snickered at it and then did some digging and noticed the original owner [B]The Stomper[/B] retired and left the wrestling business just a week earlier. [I]Anyone want to see another NYCW Dynasty?[/I] Also, at this time in the game here are the top 5 promotions: 1. TCW at Global 2. GCG at Global 3. PGHW at Global 4. SWF at Cult 5. NOTBW at Cult Also, to note a big blow to SWF was [B]Rich Money[/B] defecting to TCW and rising up the ranks to eventually get an eight month reign with the World Title before dropping it to [B]Tommy Cornell[/B]. Go figure. And SWF Just lost one of their two TV slots.

[QUOTE=MarcK;719277]Tuesday, Week 1, April 2008: PGHW calls up Simon Flemmingway from SAISHO. Wednesday, Week 1, April 2008: PGHW releases Simon Flemmingway.[/QUOTE] That exact same thing has happened at least three times in three different games that I have played. I guess they really do not like him.

[QUOTE=ThriceP86;717161]And SWF Just lost one of their two TV slots.[/QUOTE] In one of my campaigns, both the economy and wrestling business were in the toilet and SWF was in freefall -- having lost all their television coverage (I'm not sure if it was two or three shows at the time) and had three or four their main-eventers defect over to TCW (with others refusing to renew their contracts with them). If I remember correctly, they were putting on terrible shows (D-quality stuff) and I really, [I]really[/I], wanted to see them fall to regional (call it [I]schadenfreude[/I]). But, as is always the case, they turned things around before that happened: firing their booker and cleaning house of a lot of their lower tier talent seemed to right the ship. I've had SWF roller-coaster in other games (as is the norm), but I have never seen them this close to losing it all (or falling to a level below cult, at any rate). It was like six months of downward spiraling where they just couldn't get their act together. It was fascinating to watch. Foxcutter.

[QUOTE=jake;534003]Best Random generated tag team name I've seen yet, Roundhouse Puppy Kickers (Electrico and Spanish Superfly). Is that a fairly common one? Thats the first appearance in any of my games.[/QUOTE] Just got the Roundhouse Puppy Kickers name to pop up in a game. That's funny in of itself, but what makes it better is it's in USPW, and it's Mick Muscles and Geoffrey Windameer (aka Aristocrat). I assume Mick Muscles holds the puppy while Aristocrat does the roundhouse, as I just can't imagine Muscles executing a roundhouse on anything.

Archived