TEW 08: 1991 & 1992 RW Mod (Release = June 20th)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=D16NJD16;442271] So what other type of games is everyone looking forward to starting, just curious?[/QUOTE] I think WCW. Prehaps go a different direction. Why the need to steal all the WWF's talent? Let them have their talent, I'll build my own.

I was introdiced to wrestling in late 92 - early 93 with the WWF being on TV over here in the UK so I will be starting a game with them first. I am looking forward to starting a game with ECW from the very beginning as well. But yeah, WWF first for me.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;442271]The very beginning, yeah, before Heyman even. Gordon/Gilbert rather. So what other type of games is everyone looking forward to starting, just curious?[/QUOTE] I love booking the WWF, but, I don't like booking the top fed, so I will either edit the data to make WCW the top fed with an advantage, or play as WCW. I enjoy playing the #2 fed, trying to catch up.

ECW sounds a lot of fun, but how can one not play with at least either of the big 2 WWF and WCW. I'm not into, or don't know enough, Japan so the big ones over there are probably going to get overlooked agian. I might try some smaller fed, which is still around at that time and it haves some kind of legacy.

Quick question. Will you be adding any graphics for the website and such? I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of playing a real world data game and looking at the top of the screen every day to see the CornellVerse characters up there on the internet banner. Maybe Clarity would let you pack his website mod in with this? Or heck, maybe someone would be nice enough to do a real world website mod? Maybe like some PWTorch graphics or something? :cool: That'd be sweet.

[QUOTE=R0CKSTAR;442901]Quick question. Will you be adding any graphics for the website and such? I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of playing a real world data game and looking at the top of the screen every day to see the CornellVerse characters up there on the internet banner. Maybe Clarity would let you pack his website mod in with this? Or heck, maybe someone would be nice enough to do a real world website mod? Maybe like some PWTorch graphics or something? :cool: That'd be sweet.[/QUOTE] As for the banners it's going to feature about 7-10 promotion specific ones, and then a few website ones. Im not really going to mess with all the screens, thats up to a persons preference, but with that said, everyone can be expecting some graphics posted in the final few days before the release.

[QUOTE=sabataged;443993]Any news on this one? I just came to the site to check into this one, it sounds like it is really well done.[/QUOTE] Only new news that I have is that I should have something new put up on the main page very soon as a final (visual) preview before the release.

Way to go D16NJD16 this era has loads of potential as Vince is trying to recover from having the Warrior flop as World Champ, Turner looking vary red faced after 'The Black Scopion' Fiasco and a vibrent idependent scene with USWA, UWF and the Salvadoris all being big hitters.

Alot of the cuts at the bottom of the 91 screen don't fit in with the time period at all. It's akward seeing King Booker, a current era Undertaker, etc. on the same screen as old school Sting and a young Hogan, Warrior, and Flair. EDIT: But other than that, beautiful title screen, D16. And an awesome backstory. Makes me want to play as WWF in 91. LoL. Can't wait to see the screen and backstory for 92.

1992: Year of the Nature boy. Is what I would call it. He won the rumble and then he could/should have gone on to face Hogan at Wrestlemania, if Hogan hadn't been a **** about it. This mod could allow to make Flair's 1992 dominance as it should/could have been. Incidentally, I would lose the title screen thing. It looks awful and amateurish, a better title screen would be suited to this mod. I'm sure there are plenty of graphic artist on this board who would gladly offer to make you a more suitable one. Having said that I am looking forward to this mod, it shows some promise. Especially as you seem to be taking your time over it, and not rushing it out the door to gain some forum adoration. Unlike some mods that have been released thus far.

[QUOTE=CW Saton;444714]1992: Year of the Nature boy. Is what I would call it. He won the rumble and then he could/should have gone on to face Hogan at Wrestlemania, if Hogan hadn't been a **** about it. This mod could allow to make Flair's 1992 dominance as it should/could have been. [/QUOTE] Wasn't it Sid who caused the Hogan/Flair matchup to never come to fruition by demanding the main event he was promised?

[QUOTE=justtxyank;444730]Wasn't it Sid who caused the Hogan/Flair matchup to never come to fruition by demanding the main event he was promised?[/QUOTE] It was apparently due to Hogan's unwillingness to lose to Ric Flair and his departure for WCW the had them change the main event. That's what they say anyway. I'm not sure that big Sid would have the political clout to be able to change the Wrestlemania main event in any case.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;444700]I'm with the previous poster. The bottom cuts are way out of whack. Everyone of them but Sting is at least 5 years ahead of the mod. Is this intentional for some reason? The Taker and Eddie pics are more than 10 years ahead of the mod.[/QUOTE] the idea is those guys were all getting their starts around this time.... and the pics of them are them in their primes.... 5 to 10 years later... but yeah since it looks so awful and amatuerish, you should definetly not use it....

Archived