[Skin Preview] Noir

The official skin wasn't to my taste, I know a few other people have the problem so I'm making my vision of what TEW should look like. It will be a major contrast from the original, the brightness is what I'm concerned about. I like to play games at night, so colourful screens aren't something that I wanna see. Blacks, greys and whites are ideal. Currently it's a nice mix of black, mid-grey and bright white although once I've made the initial version I may go for a black, mid-grey and dark-white/light-grey version. There's slight things I'm not pleased about with the modding engine, the webpage section for example. The sub-sections of the websites have no clear dividers and are all different lengths, modders will have to guess. It also gets crammed because of this. The font used will be Frutiger Linotype, the easiest font to read. Mainland Europeans will recognise it it as it's used on their road signs alot. Here's some screenshots, I haven't touched the top bar yet as it looks like making my own icons. Control Room Screenshot: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/HHUK2K01/screenshot1.jpg[/IMG] Website Screenshot: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/HHUK2K01/screenshot2.jpg[/IMG] I'm going to try work on it as much as possible but I can't promise it'll be out soon. I'd love to have it done by release date but there's a large amount of screens and buttons to adjust. [U]Progress:[/U] Control Room Screen - 100% Done Website - All done apart from Hall of Immortals

[QUOTE=HHUK;431895]the brightness is what I'm concerned about. I like to play games at night, so colourful screens aren't something that I wanna see. Blacks, greys and whites are ideal[/QUOTE] Finally someone who has the same issue with the bright colors. And man, does that skin look sweet. Thanks a lot, good luck, I'll definitely be grateful when you'll get this done with! :o

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;432218]I totally prefer the game screens. Those are too dull for my tastes, but im sure there will be plenty of people who like them[/QUOTE] Why did you post here then? The only gripe I have is the gradient used on the internet bar. I just really dislike it for some reason.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I agree the gradient for the browser bar looks abit off, I'll probably go for a flatter grey and make it more like tabs. I'll be making my own taskbars and buttons but they'll come last... mostly because buttons are the thing I'm not good at. I might do a recolour if I can't find any good buttons. I seem to be flying through it, completed a ton of screens lastnight but today I've not had chance to work on it, I might do an hour or two before going to bed. Should be wrapping up the skin on Friday I hope, ready for release date. :) Anybody have any suggestions for those morale "smileys" which look abit like killer tomatoes / M&M's? I was thinking more like arrows or something, ranging from red downwards arrows to green upwards arrows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived