MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

[B]Gino Montero[/B] (c) vs. Sean Deeley – MAW All Action title [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Thrash Phoenix vs.[B] Ernest Youngman[/B] (c) – MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [B]Leadfoot[/B] Fumihiro Ota and Lauren Easter vs. [B]Joss Thompson and Tracy Brendon[/B] [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Joe Sexy Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Eric Eisen and Jean Cattley[/B]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Sean Deeley – MAW All Action title [I]Montero holds onto his All Action belt here and in all honesty I was shocked to see Deeley lose to Fire Fly.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Thrash [I]Arachnid isn't losing to someone as low on the Elite totem pole as Thrash.[/I] Phoenix vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [I]The Traditional title stays in Elite Hands, Phoenix has basically sunk to the role of being a gatekeeper over the past few years.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Leadfoot [I]Bad night for the Elite Goons. KC Glenn should be kept reasonably strong as one of the top faces and the Dirty Elite shouldn't be going over in singles matches.[/I] [B]Fumihiro Ota and Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Joss Thompson and Tracy Brendon [I]Could quite easily go either way, which is why I'm going against the general grain so far and tipping Ota and Easter for the win in this one.[/I] [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Joe Sexy [I]Swoop's being built for a World Title match, so I think he'll get a big win over Sexy.[/I] Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Eric Eisen and Jean Cattley[/B] [I]Elite end the night on a high though with the Elite Boss and World Champion traitor being kept strong.[/I]

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;791551][B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Sean Deeley – MAW All Action title [I]Montero holds onto his All Action belt here and in all honesty I was shocked to see Deeley lose to Fire Fly.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Thrash [I]Arachnid isn't losing to someone as low on the Elite totem pole as Thrash.[/I] Phoenix vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [I]The Traditional title stays in Elite Hands, Phoenix has basically sunk to the role of being a gatekeeper over the past few years.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Leadfoot [I]Bad night for the Elite Goons. KC Glenn should be kept reasonably strong as one of the top faces and the Dirty Elite shouldn't be going over in singles matches.[/I] [B]Fumihiro Ota and Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Joss Thompson and Tracy Brendon [I]Could quite easily go either way, which is why I'm going against the general grain so far and tipping Ota and Easter for the win in this one.[/I] [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Joe Sexy [I]Swoop's being built for a World Title match, so I think he'll get a big win over Sexy.[/I] Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Eric Eisen and Jean Cattley[/B] [I]Elite end the night on a high though with the Elite Boss and World Champion traitor being kept strong.[/I][/QUOTE] I second this.

[B]Gino Montero (c)[/B] vs. Sean Deeley – MAW All Action title [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Thrash Phoenix vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Leadfoot Fumihiro Ota and Lauren Easter vs. [B]Joss Thompson and Tracy Brendon[/B] Could go either way but hoping I get this prediction right. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Joe Sexy Luchas De Mascaras vs. Eric Eisen and [B]Jean Cattley[/B]

[QUOTE=FINisher;791524][SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Hurray for 2000 posts![/CENTER][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [I]OOC: And hurray again! Who would have imagined, two years ago when I started work on the intro to this diary without bothering to check my facts, that I'd be here today commemorating 2,000 posts? I'm sure Nevermore will overtake me in due course, but hey: We've got a few more shows to go yet.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 26th August 2014[/CENTER] Phoenix vs. Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] Youngman seemed to feel that he had a point to prove in this opening match. He was aggressive from the bell, using his greater strength to control Phoenix in a non-nonsense display. Phoenix used his experience and speed to limit the impact somewhat, but he was never able to totally take control of the match, and in the end was drilled with The Hit for the Youngman win. Winner: Ernest Youngman (B-) * Youngman stood in the centre of the ring, mic in hand. [COLOR="Blue"]“Something... crazy happened at the last pay-per-view. Somehow Swoop McCarthy was named the number one contender to the World title. And that just a couple of weeks after I took the Traditional title from him.”[/COLOR] Youngman slapped the title belt, which was hanging on his shoulder. [COLOR="Blue"]“I am King Midas, so I deserve to be the number one contender. I am the best young wrestler in the world, so I deserve to be the number one contender. I am Elite, and the title should belong to Elite until this company is dead at our feet. And so I deserve to be the number one contender. “McCarthy, I beat you cleanly in the centre of this ring. That should make me the number one contender, not anyone else.”[/COLOR] Swoop’s music played, and the number one contender stepped out onto the top of the ramp. [COLOR="Teal"]“Ernie, you seem to be having some problems with the nature of time. It’s linear, see. You beat me, yeah, but then I went on and won the shot at Cattley. You won, then I won. Now, if you beat me again, that might prove something. I don’t really have any reason to give you that match, though, do I?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What if I put the Traditional title on the line?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“What about it?”[/COLOR] Swoop shrugged. [COLOR="Teal"]“I’m due a rematch. I can take it at any time. I don’t have to cash in my shot and give you a chance at the World title match.”[/COLOR] Youngman seethed in the ring. [COLOR="Teal"]“You may be Elite, but let’s be honest, you still have to do things the way the rest of us do. If you want a match, you have to convince me, Ernie.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What do you mean?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“Give me a reason. Why should I risk losing my shot?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Because you’re a braggart, McCarthy.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“You’re... not the best at winning people over, are you? That was an [I]insult[/I]. Not an argument.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“You want people to believe you’re the best. I know I am, and that’s enough, but you like to shout the odds. If you beat me, you can wave that in my face.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“True... but I still have a rematch I can book at any time.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What do you want to convince you?”[/COLOR] McCarthy’s face split into a wide grin. [COLOR="Teal"]“There’s a lot of ways you could convince me, Ernie. I mean, I’d love to see you beg, Youngman.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“I said beg. I could make you get down on your knees and grovel. Make you plead with me, renounce all your selfish ways, slaughter Elite... and you’d do it, wouldn’t you Ern?”[/COLOR] Youngman glowered in the ring, but said nothing. [COLOR="Teal"]“Yeah you would. You’re selfish enough that you’d do it, even if it cost you your slot in Elite. I don’t know if your lot’ll win or not. I hope not – this is a nice little company, fits me just right. But Youngman, you’d toss it all away for more gold, wouldn’t you?”[/COLOR] Youngman didn’t move, except for possibly the slightest inclination of his head. [COLOR="Teal"]“Yeah, thought so... No, I’ve had my fun. It just so happens that I heard what you’re in for the next few weeks, Ern. So you can have your match... in two weeks time. Because next week you’re up against Kid Arachnid, aren’t you?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"] “What do you mean, ‘what I’m up against’?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]“He’s on his way, mate. And he’s proper keen to meet you.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Who?”[/COLOR] Swoop grinned. [COLOR="Teal"]“Don’t wanna spoil the surprise, mate. You’ll know him when you see him, believe me.”[/COLOR] McCarthy turned and walked away. For a moment Youngman looked conflicted, but then he charged after the Australian, the camera following him as he plunged through the curtain to the locker room area... ...which was in total darkness. [COLOR="Blue"]“What the...”[/COLOR] Youngman could be heard cautiously making his way along the corridor. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Lost child, blundering in the darkness.”[/COLOR] The voice was barely more than a whisper, but it made Youngman stop in his tracks. [COLOR="Blue"]“Who’s that?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Could reach for the light, prefer to stumble and fall, trusting that eventually you will make your way.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Who are you?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“The one who has been sent to save you, Ernest. He knows what you’re thinking. He is disappointed.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][I]“Who?”[/I][/COLOR] There was no answer. Youngman stumbled to a light switch, but when the lights came on, he was the only one there. * [B]Fumihiro Ota and Lauren Easter vs. Joss Thompson and Tracy Brendon[/B] This was a straightforward tag match, with all four competitors getting a decent amount of ring-time and a chance to show off their skills. In the end, Easter planted Brendon with a Belly To Belly Suplex for the win. Winner: Easter and Ota (C-) * Sean Deeley stood in the centre of the ring, looking troubled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Of late I have been on a surprisingly poor run of form, with too many defeats mixed in with too few victories. I’ve considered this from all angles. In France they might say I was unwell – literally that my talent had become sick. In Japan I would seek the aid of a priest, who would drive the evil spirits away from me, and release me from their curse. Here in America, of course, I’ll just say that my opponents must have cheated!”[/COLOR] The fans didn’t respond well to that, but Deeley smirked. [COLOR="Blue"]“I know what to watch for, and I’m going to break my run with a bang. That’s why I’m calling out Gino Montero, and I’m going to take the All Action title off him in a straight-up wrestling match.”[/COLOR] Montero answered the challenge promptly. [COLOR="Blue"]“Sean, it’s nice to know you’re an optimist. And I guess it’s good that you’ve been out to other countries, and learned all about their excuses for not winning. I can see how that’d be useful. But you forgot what they’d say about you in Mexico.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What’s that?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“That you’ve got a lot of this,”[/COLOR] Montero tapped his mouth. [COLOR="Blue"]“And none of this,”[/COLOR] Montero pointed at his crotch. Deeley seethed as Montero made his way down the ramp, laughing along with the crowd. * [B]Gino Montero (c) vs. Sean Deeley[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] This was a thrilling contest with the two talented stars throwing everything at each other in their bid to come out victorious. Montero is a tremendous all-round talent, while Deeley is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world – and is no slouch at brawling and aerial work, either. The result was a thrilling clash with the two men switching seamlessly between styles as they sought to counter one another. Deeley’s anger grew as the match progressed, and he made the mistake of letting it degenerate into a punching match. There Montero’s greater ability at striking made the difference. He landed a series of punches and elbow strikes that left Deeley too dazed to counter the match-ending Montero Press. Winner: Gino Montero (B-) * Ernest Youngman was picking his way through the backstage area, looking a little jumpy. Indeed, when someone tapped him on the shoulder he nearly jumped out of his skin, letting out a yelp before seeing Jean Cattley standing behind him. [COLOR="Navy"]“Get your ---- together,”[/COLOR] the World champion snarled. [COLOR="Navy"]“McCarthy and the others are screwing with your head, and if you let them, you may as well just hand that over.”[/COLOR] He tapped at the Traditional title belt, which Youngman was holding before him like a shield. [COLOR="Blue"]“I know, I know... but you weren’t there!”[/COLOR] Youngman said. He took a deep breath, and visibly forced himself to calm down. [COLOR="Blue"]“Look, I was worked up over the McCarthy thing, and-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“That’s why I wanted to talk to you,”[/COLOR] Cattley said, moving in closer so he was right in Youngman’s face. [COLOR="Navy"]“What the hell do you think you’re doing?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Pushing for a World title shot? This is because of the Gold Rush match, right? You think I cost you, so you’re going to take my title? Well, forget it!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I never- Look, I deserve a shot, Jean. You can’t deny that.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Try me,” [/COLOR]Cattley snarled. [COLOR="Navy"]“Look, this is my title. I’ve held it more than anyone else – and I’ll keep hold of it by being smart about who I face. McCarthy? He’s good – but he’s beatable.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“And I’m not?”[/COLOR] Youngman replied. [COLOR="Navy"]“I don’t know – and I don’t care. You’re not getting a shot.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Scared?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“You’re hardly one to talk, jumping at shadows,”[/COLOR] Cattley shot back. [COLOR="Navy"]“And no. I’m not scared of you. But do you want to blow this gig for both of us? You know how much Sexy and Roberts are getting paid to be here by Eisen? A lot more than we are. I don’t want you risking my next payday if we go out west or up to Pittsburgh or whatever. Elite has to work, and that means no screwing around fighting each other.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“And that’s all you care about? Your wallet? You know what, Jean, screw you. I’ll do everything I can to take that title off you – and I’ll do so to show I’m the best.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“You can try. If you can get through McCarthy again, I’ll be happy to put you in your place. You’ve got a superiority complex, Ernest – you don’t recognise who’s superior to you. Don’t be surprised if you do come up against me and lose. Everyone else does. I always find a way.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yeah, and then your way stops anyone else finding a way. Like how Arachnid has to go through all of us to get to you. What happens if one of us wins? Do we get the shot?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“No.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“No, of course we won’t. You want me to get my head screwed on, Jean? I think I’ve got it fixed straight, and when I look at how you find a way to keep hold of that belt, well, it makes me...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Sick?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Angry. You know Eisen wants to kill MAW because of how quick the company is growing. Much bigger and it’ll compete for the same money that he’s pulling in. Maybe I should switch sides. Maybe I should go with the place where talent is allowed to thrive, not fall in line and be grateful for whatever handouts it gets.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Is that what you want, Ernest? MAW will be dead in weeks – we’ve taken out half of the roster, and now it’s just The Firm, McCarthy, and a few idiots too dumb to know they’re beaten standing between us and victory. And you want to switch sides now? Be careful, Ernest. You know that Eric will make you pay a special price if you turn on him.”[/COLOR] Youngman scowled, and his opinion of Cattley was clear. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’m taking the match against McCarthy,”[/COLOR] he said, at last. [COLOR="Blue"]“You can’t always get lucky, Cattley.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“I don’t rely on luck, Ernest. You want to take me on? You’ll find out exactly how good I am.”[/COLOR] * [B]KC Glenn vs. Leadfoot[/B] Leadfoot opened strongly here, sandwiching Glenn in the corner before the bell even rang, and battering the dazed youngster from pillar to post in the early going. But Glenn is hardier than may be believed, and weathered the storm. The former RCI champion came back strongly, going toe to toe with Leadfoot in a thrilling slugfest in the middle of the match, but then using his greater speed to unleash a dizzying series of strikes from all angles of the ring, capping it a flying crossbody to set up a Tune Up The Sunshine Band for the win. Winner: KC Glenn (C+) * El Heroe Mexicano and Amazing Fire Fly were on their way to the ring when the arena’s video screen flickered and the faces of Eric Eisen and Jean Cattley appeared. [COLOR="Sienna"]“They’re like little bugs, about to be squashed. How often have I seen that same thing, in the boardroom, or standing across the ring from me?”[/COLOR] Eisen asked. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I must say, I’m pleased with the damage done by Elite in my absence. So many obstacles have been removed from our path. So many obstructions cleared. Elite stand in the way, but I think I have a way around that. Heroe, Fly... I’m giving you a chance here. Walk away now, and I’ll be impressed with your fight up to this point, and even more impressed with your intelligence in knowing when to surrender. Otherwise you’ll just end up like so many other opponents that have tried to face down an Eisen over the years. Defeated, broken, and wishing they’d had the sense to walk way.”[/COLOR] Heroe and Fly didn’t respond verbally, but instead completed their walk down to the ring, where they stood awaiting their opponents. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I applaud your bravery, but soon you will realise the futility of standing against me. I am the Crown Prince of professional wrestling, gentlemen. I always get what I want.”[/COLOR] * [B]Luchas De Mascaras vs. Eric Eisen and Jean Cattley[/B] Eisen and Cattley took the slightly unusual step of singling out Heroe in the early going of this match. Rip suggested that they had identified the reigning RCI champion as the greater threat – and nullifying him would give them the advantage. However, Heroe was able to tag in his partner, and Fly battled like a fury unleashed. He had the Elite duo on the back foot, but a sneaky pull on the top rope by Cattley sent the masked man crashing to the outside. From there, Eisen and Cattley controlled the match as, even when Heroe tagged back in, he was still woozy from the early beating, and shortly after he was blasted with a Mood Swing to give Elite a notable win. Winners: Eisen and Cattley (C+) * Kid Arachnid stood in the ring, awaiting his next opponent. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“So tonight it’s Thrash,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Which means Ah’ve still got Ernest Youngman to take on – if Ah win tonight. You can’t look past Thrash, and not just because he’s got a gut like a small moon. He’s tough as heck, and plenty mean, too. He don’t talk much, but he hits hard. Ah guess Ah could talk about how he’s one-dimensional, but fightin’ him is like fightin’ a championship boxer. They might only punch you, but they punch hard. Ah can’t let him do too much damage to me. It’s pretty clear, watchin’ him and Leadfoot do what they do, that he’ll knock me out given half a chance. So, what’m Ah gonna do? “Simple. Ah’ll do what Ah do best. Davis Wayne Newton, Sean Deeley, Ernest Youngman, heck, even Gino, KC, Heroe and Fly... They all get touted as great young wrestlers. Well, I’m not as young as all of them, maybe, but Ah’m no slouch. There’s a few tricks Ah can use, and Jean, title or no title, Ah am committed to getting’ you in the ring and makin’ you pay for your betrayal. And pay dearly.”[/COLOR] * [B]Kid Arachnid vs. Thrash[/B] This was a thrilling contest as the fans cheered Arachnid on in his quest to earn his match against Jean Cattley. As with his partner, Thrash pounded on Arachnid from the start of the match, but was cautious enough to conserve some energy. That gave him the ability to hold Arachnid at bay when the masked man tried to make a comeback, and on commentary I speculated that Arachnid may have run out of tricks – that Thrash may have studied Arachnid’s previous fights abd be ready to counter anything. Then Arachnid unleashed a thunderous leaping roundhouse kick that caught Thrash on the side of the head and knocked the biker from the ring. Arachnid looked a little shocked at what he’d done, and seemed unsure what to do next. He settled for scaling the top rope and waiting for Thrash to rise. The biker turned in place and looked up, up, up almost fifteen feet in the air at Arachnid poised atop the turnbuckle. The two held their pose for a long second before Arachnid leapt off, hanging in mid-air for what seemed like an age before he slammed into Thrash and pancaked him against the steel crowd barrier. From there, Arachnid groggily rolled the biker into the ring and wrapped him up in the Antidote Web for the win. [COLOR="Green"]“Arachnid wins – but at what cost?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“In two weeks time he’ll face Ernest Youngman. And I don’t think Youngman will be anything but completely prepared for what’s ahead.”[/COLOR] Winner: Kid Arachnid (B-) * Swoop McCarthy was in the centre of the ring and looked set to cut a promo when he was ambushed by Joe Sexy, who’d leapt over the crowd barrier and slid into the ring behind the big Australian. The two men traded blows as McCarthy recovered quickly, and the referee called for the bell to begin the match. * [B]Swoop McCarthy vs. Joe Sexy[/B] From bell to bell this was a wild brawl, with neither men wasting time on subtlety or finesse when they could just batter each other senseless. The fans seemed to enjoy this change of pace, although this being MAW, any hit of a Plan B would have been welcomed. As it is they enjoyed getting behind Swoop as he strived to build momentum ahead of his upcoming World title match. The Australian seemed to be hitting harder and more often than his opponent, and even when Sexy tried his best to break up Swoop’s flow with a cheap shot, Swoop was able to counter with a big boot to the face. Sexy seemed unable to find the key to defeating his opponent, and it seemed that Swoop was on the verge of a big victory over the veteran star. Then Eric Eisen leapt the guard rail and slid into the ring, smoothly blasting Swoop with a flying forearm before Swoop even knew he was there. The referee called for the DQ, but of more concern to the fans was the instant beatdown that kicked in as Eisen and Sexy went to work on Swoop. Winner: No-one (C+) * After the bell, Swoop tried his best to fight off the combined assault of Eisen and Sexy, but he was forced to retreat in the face of their attack. However, he was quickly backed up by Heroe and Fly, who charged down the ramp to engage with the enemies of their enemy. Soon the ring and the surrounding area were flooded as members of The Firm and Elite boiled out of the locker rooms and brawled with one another, chaos reigning as the show came to a close with everyone tearing into each other, sheer hatred on every visible face as the enemies went at it with no quarter given. [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: On Tour, more big news for Chris Caulfield, and a new promotion opens...[/I]

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: On Tour Saturday, 27th August 2014[/CENTER][/B] The show opened with Eric Eisen standing in the centre of the ring, picked out by a solitary spotlight in the otherwise darkened arena. He stated that this was his birthright – to be the centre of attention, the focus of everything that was happening. MAW as a company had tried to muscle in on that, and he was bound and determined to cripple the company by destroying the wrestlers who competed for it. At the upcoming pay-per-view, The Clash, he was issuing a challenge for a 4v4 match: The Firm against Elite. * [B]El Heroe Mexicano vs. Eric Eisen[/B] Here’s a rarity in MAW – a lack of psychology. It’s not the strong point of either man, but I’d assumed they could handle it. They did – just, as they have great chemistry. Eisen found himself in the unusual position of being unable to put his opponent away, and took the easy way out by drawing the DQ with a low blow directly in front of the referee. Winner: El Heroe Mexicano (B-) * Dirty Elite stood in the centre of the ring. Leadfoot announced that as none of the other teams in the company seemed able to earn a title shot, they’d give one away: At The Clash, they’d take on the winning team from each of the next three meatches. And as a bonus they’d give away a title shot right now to the Canadian Blondes. Between Leadfoot’s delivery and Thrash’s chuckling in the background, it was clear that the Dirties didn’t consider the former champions much of a threat. * [B]The Party Animals vs. The Me In Team[/B] A short match, Raphael and Josh won when Raphael nailed Dave Diamond with a set of brass knuckles for the win and the first slot at the pay-per-view. Winners: The Me In Team (E+) * [B]Divine Intervention vs. The West Texas Lawmakers[/B] The bruising cowboys gave their all against the evangelical youngsters, and at times seemed to have the match sewn up, but Quentin Queen and Phil Jerome drew on inner reserves to overcome the Lawmakers, putting Sherriff Blaze away with the Path To Redemption. Winners: Divine Intervention (E+) * [B]The Young Americans vs. Platinum 12”[/B] This was another even contest as the two sides had little to choose between them. The rock stars were probably the more skilled overall, but this was balanced by the greater experience of their opponents. In the end, Joseph Benning was caught with the Shooting Star Gold Record Press by the rockers as the former champs progressed to the title match. Winners: Platinum 12” (E+) * [B]The Canadian Blondes vs. Dirty Elite (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] Unsurprisingly the best match of the night, although it says much about our tag division how weak it was overall that it was still a long way from a good match. Still, it was an entertaining enough scrap, and more even than many matches with the Dirties teaming together as the Blondes were every bit their match for teamwork. In the end, however, brute force won out as Flash Savage was caught with a dirty bomb for the successful defence. Winners: Dirty Elite (D-) * Backstage, and Joe Sexy entered the Elite locker room, closely followed by Alicia Strong. Strong walked up to Eric and demanded a place on the Elite team for The Clash. She was distracted by the laughter of Dirty Elite, which went on for some time. Even after Leadfoot calmed down a little, Thrash kept hooting in the background. Leadfoot told Strong that she was only a woman – no hope of competing against men. Strong turned on Eisen, who shrugged and instead asked Joe if he was ready for his title match. Before he could answer, Alicia demanded his support – wasn’t she the toughest girl in wrestling? Didn’t she sometimes kick his ass in the bedroom? Sexy scowled, and ordered Alicia out of the room as the Dirties cracked up once more, and even Eric stifled a grin. Alicia stormed out of the locker room and nearly ran straight into Lauren Easter, who immediately started tearing strips off Alicia for thinking that she was above the other women in the company. Alicia’d only beaten her the week before thanks to Eric’s interference – if they fought again, it would turn out very differently. Alicia looked as though she was on the verge of screaming. Instead she grabbed Easter and said that a fight was just what she needed, and Easter had just bought herself a ticket for a beating. * [B]Lauren Easter vs. Alicia Strong[/B] As with last week’s match, these two left nothing in reserve, ripping into one another from bell to bell. Strong seemed bound and determined to prove herself the superior athlete she claims to be, while Easter has taken on a role of spoiler of sorts, facing anyone and everyone with ideas above their station – in her opinion. Still, Strong may just be as good as she says, and on several occasions came close to putting Easter down. To her mounting horror, though, her opponent just wouldn’t be beaten, and when the end came it was Easter scoring the win with an almighty Belly to Belly Suplex as she put the Elite femme fatale down for the count. Winner: Lauren Easter (B-) * Gino Montero and Joe Sexy stood in the ring as a steel cage was constructed around them. Sexy said that he wanted ‘his’ All Action title back – but even if he lost, he was okay with that. His main objective tonight was to help Elite, and he’d do that best by battering Montero so badly that he’d have to miss the big tag match at The Clash. Montero responded by saying that the cage didn’t lock him in with Sexy – it locked Sexy in with him. This wasn’t his first cage match, and he could handle himself. As for The Clash, Montero had no intention of missing it short of being in a coma or dead. The chance to beat up on four members of Elite in one match was much too tempting to miss out on. * [B]Gino Montero (c) vs. Joe Sexy[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action[/COLOR] title in a [COLOR="Purple"]cage match[/COLOR] This was a stirring end to the show, the cage environment seemingly giving the veteran Sexy a big advantage. It was clear that Montero was uncomfortable in the environment, which limited his incredible speed and agility. He even came a cropper with an instinctive run into the ropes that saw him clip the steel bars and get thrown off momentum. Sexy did his best to exploit the advantage, and a thunderous superplex off the bars seemed to have the match won at one point. Montero, however, kept fighting and after a late surge was able to hit the Montero Press to retain his title – albeit at the cost of a heinous beating along the way. Winner: Gino Montero (B-) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I](Yes the tag matches were woeful, but well over half the show was very strong. I was hoping for a C+...)[/I] * I was reminded earlier today that it was time to renew the contract of Davis Wayne Newton, which makes it eight months since he joined us. I’m surprised in the meantime that neither NOTBPW or CGC have enquired about him – he’s a popular worker in Canada, and would be a boon for either fed. * Chris Caulfield is having a hell of a month: New booker of NOTBPW, new owner of NYCW, and then first one TV show gets kicked off the air, then Championship Wrestling, their flagship show, loses its slot on America Sports 1. After their drop to Cult, confidence in the Stones’ product has taken a tumble, and viewer interest has likewise fallen. On a channel as big as AS1, that was fatal. * We have new competition, sort of. TJ Bailey, who ‘enjoyed’ a nine month run in MAW as half of the preliminary tag team The Bailey Boys, has opened a new company. Dubbed Queens of American Wrestling, the company intends to present an ultra-competitive take on women’s wrestling. The only thing is, with most of the good women tied up with CWWF, AAA, BSC, UPSW, NOTBPW or MAW already it’s not hard to think that QAW is in for a long, hard slog. * We made a loss of around $28,000 last month. With better show scheduling, we can trim that even further. Turning a profit early in the new year isn’t out of the question. * [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Kid Arachnid vs. Ernest Youngman Lassana Makutsi vs. Sean Deeley Lauren Easter vs. Grace Harper Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. Dirty Elite “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Jean Cattley Jared Johnson vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts El Heroe Mexicano vs. Eric Eisen[/CENTER]

Kid Arachnid is clearly Sean McFly. Right... right...? Okay, I'll try again later... [U]MAW Nationwide[/U] [B]Kid Arachnid [/B]vs. Ernest Youngman Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Grace Harper Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith [/B]vs. Jean Cattley Jared Johnson vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B]

[B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman [I]Arachnid will not lose to the Elite.[/I] [B]Lassana Makutsi[/B] vs. Sean Deeley [I]Calling for the upset here, I think you're going somewhere with this Deeley losing streak.[/I] [B]Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Grace Harper [I]Anybody who can beat Alicia Strong can beat Grace Harper.[/I] Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] [I]Toughest match on the card for me. Going with the experienced team, but I doubt it'll be clean.[/I] “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]Jean Cattley[/B] [I]Bulldozer??? Where's he been? Glad he's back, but it's hard to imagine a guy that hasn't been seen in months beating the World Champion...[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]As much as I'd like to go the other way, I just don't see it. Enforcer's better and more over.[/I] [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Eric Eisen [I]New match, same result: Eisen takes the easy way out again, this time getting intentionally counted out.[/I]

[B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman [I]When all others fail Arachnid shall succeed in bringing Elite to heel.[/I] [B]Lassana Makutsi[/B] vs. Sean Deeley [I]I agree with Candyman's philosophy on this one[/I] [B]Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Grace Harper [I]Yeah Easter isn't going to be losing to Harper, not after just beating Strong.[/I] [B]Gino Montero and KC Glenn[/B] vs. Dirty Elite [I]DQ win, Montero and KC Glenn remain looking strong but the Elite Goons get to do some damage for their boss.[/I] “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]Jean Cattley[/B] [I]No Brainer[/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]Johnson's generally been booked as the weaker half of Team Honor and even if he was the stronger half I'd struggle to see him going over Roberts.[/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [I]Heroe will give it everything he's got, and will actually dominate much of the match but Eisen will pull out the via blatant cheating.[/I]

[U]MAW Nationwide[/U] [B]Kid Arachnid [/B]vs. Ernest Youngman Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Grace Harper Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith [/B]vs. Jean Cattley Jared Johnson vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B]

[B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman -[I]Youngman might even lay down in this match or something with the dissension in Elite.[/I] Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] -[I]Some extre momentum for Shooter Sean and the Internationals.[/I] [B]Lauren Easter[/B] vs. Grace Harper -[I]vs. Who?[/I] Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] -[I]The Dirties have a big title defense coming up and need some momentum.[/I] “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]Jean Cattley[/B] -[I]The champ is here![/I] Jared Johnson vs. [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] -[I]Phil hasn't gotten a win in a while, I bet he's complaining.[/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] -[I]The Elite Boss never loses.[/I]

[B]Kid Arachnid [/B] vs. Ernest Youngman Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Lauren Easter vs. [B]Grace Harper[/B] Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]Jean Cattley[/B] -I don't see Jean Losing to the Bulldozer Jared Johnson vs. “[B]Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] -Eric Eisen will win even though I hate him.

[I]OOC: Downloading '10 now, so let's see if this diary survives the jump...[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 5th September 2014[/CENTER] Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. Dirty Elite [/B]We kicked off with decent tag team action as these Firm and Elite duos crossed swords. Montero and Glenn kept the match as airborne as possible, while Thrash and Leadfoot tried to keep their opponents on the ground so they could pummel them. The contrasting styles resulted in a fun dynamic as Montero and Glenn showed themselves to be reasonable brawlers, while Thrash at one point climbed the turnbuckles and had to be stopped by Leadfoot from launching himself through the air. In the end, speed won out as the Firm pairing managed to zigzag back and forth across the ring, and seemingly leave their foes dizzy. Montero capitalised by launching a Montero Press onto Leadfoot for the win. Winner: Montero and Glenn (C+) * Ernest Youngman came down the ramp looking confident, in spite of his scheduled match against Kid Arachnid later in the show. [COLOR="Blue"]“Tonight I take on Kid Arachnid, and for the greater good of Elite I’ll defeat him. I’m King Midas, he’s a hick in a mask. So far, somehow, he’s defeated each of my colleagues – but tonight he meets the best young wrestler in the world. And nothing that Arachnid has up his sleeves can compare to that. “Next week I take on Swoop McCarthy with a shot at the World title on the line. After beating Arachnid and Swoop, I’ll go on to The Clash in ten days time and become the World champion. To do so I’ll have to beat Jean Cattley, but that’s for the greater good of Elite as well. You see, with Jean holding the belt, there’s a lot of people wondering if Elite are that strong, or if it’s just Jean. I’ll show you all that only someone in Elite can hold that title, and you may as well just give up if you’re not. Another step in destroying this company. “Elite have successfully destroyed almost a dozen wrestlers since being formed. We dominate the title scene in this company – the only title of any consequence that eludes us is the All Action title belt, which speaks volumes for Gino Montero’s luck. We dominate this company, and among the dominant I am the apex, the supreme. I am-“[/COLOR] What Youngman was we never found out as the arena blacked out and his mic cut off. When the lights flickered back on it was only a spotlight at first, illuminating a point at the top of the ramp where a solitary figure stood, his form enveloped in heavy robes with a hood that covered his whole face. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Random_Male235.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] He pointed towards the ring, more specifically at Youngman who for a moment was illuminated in a spotlight of his own, and looked more than a little apprehensive. Then the lights flickered again, only this time to come back in full. The masked man had gone, and Youngman seemed to lose his enthusiasm for gloating as he quickly got out of the ring and disappeared backstage. * [B]Lassana Makutsi vs. Sean Deeley[/B] Deeley played up his much-travelled past in the opening going, claiming that Makutsi would taste the ‘African Knee Drop’ that cost him the Kenyan title five years ago. Makutsi played along for a time, but then a spinning elbow knocked Deeley silly, and put Makutsi in control. Deeley fought hard after that, and pushed Makutsi to the limit, but in the end a Lassana Stunner brought the match to an end with Deeley down and out. Winner: Lassana Makutsi (C-) * After his victory, Lassana Makutsi picked up a mic. [COLOR="Blue"]“So much for Sean Deeley, I suppose. Undoubtedly he is a talented wrestler, but his reliance on theatrics and inability to succeed without cheating is a black mark against him. “However, his colleague Davis Wayne Newton holds more interest to me. I should very much like to face him next week. I believe that he would be a greater challenge to me, and I to him. And I know that he is very much looking for challenges, just as I am. Perhaps we can be a challenge to one another?”[/COLOR] * [B]Jared Johnson vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] These two have decent chemistry, which helped hold the fans’ attention as they are still yet to take much interest in Johnson. It was a solid technical encounter, and provided a neat showcase for Johnson’s progressive technical style, which at times threw Roberts somewhat. However, Roberts did not get his reputation as one of the most respected technical wrestlers in the world easily, and after a few minutes he was able to counter Johnson’s offence, before taking him down with the RCT for the win. Winner: Phil Roberts (C-) * Jean Cattley made his way to the ring and took up the microphone, looking as though he intended to finish the rant that Ernest Youngman had begun earlier in the show. Before he could begin, however, thumping rock music began to play and a familiar figure stepped out onto the ramp: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith. [COLOR="Blue"]“Jean, Jean, Jean... Ah know you’re feelin’ pretty smug right now, but why? Ah have to ask you, ‘cos you and Ah go way back, right? We fought alongside each other, and we fought each other. When you up and turned on all that and joined Elite... Ah got mad, truth be told. Then your boy Joe Sexy went and dislocated mah shoulder and Ah been on the shelf for weeks. Today Ah got my clearance, and Ah can’t think of a better way to kick things back off here in MAW then to break you in half.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“You think I’ll agree to that, Brandon? You’ve taken one too many head-on headshots over the years. But listen, I’ve always liked what I’ve seen, Brandon. There could be a place for you in Elite-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“No sir,”[/COLOR] Smith interrupted. [COLOR="Blue"]“Some of us have integrity, Jean. An’ that means you can’t buy your way out of a beatin’. You don’t have to put that shiny gold on the line, ‘cos Ah reckon there’s at least a coupla people ahead of me in the queue for that, but Ah figure you need a beatin’ to teach you not to screw the people who trusted you.” [/COLOR] “And you think you can give me that beating?” [COLOR="Blue"]“Only one other person came close to beatin’ Westybrook when he was here, and that was me. Ah figure that means Ah can give you a match, if nothing else.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“You fool,”[/COLOR] Cattley shook his head. [COLOR="Navy"]“Do you really think... You know what? Fine. And when you’re back in the hospital, Brandon, you’ll come to realise how badly this company has corrupted you. All the lies you’ve been fed, settling for some nothing tag team when you could have been a star years ago.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Sounds like mind games, Jean. Ah ain’t never had much time for them. Ah always preferred just to hit thing. Hard.”[/COLOR] * [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Jean Cattley[/B] Back from Japan, and back with a bang. This was Brandon Smith’s best ever singles match, and while fighting the World champion may not be a fair test, equally Jean Cattley isn’t quite the most over or most talented wrestler in the company, so... Smith kept up with the action from bell to bell, and at times used his superior strength and speed to knock Cattley silly. One particularly vicious spear nearly broke Cattley in two as it caught him in the chest, and Smith seemed ascendant and a near-certainty for the win. However, Cattley has a long history of overcoming the odds, and when he wouldn’t stay down Smith seemed to grow frustrated. Recognising a weak spot, the savvy veteran attacked relentlessly, doing everything in his power to keep Smith off balance, before eventually nailing a Mood Swing for the win – but one that he certainly had to earn. Winner: Jean Cattley (B-) * Eric Eisen came down to the ring and took a microphone. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I find myself in an unusual situation,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I came here to MAW expecting to find wrestlers who were past their best, or who’d missed their chance to peak in this business. MAW has become popular, it’s true, but how many home-grown stars do they have? Tomorrow’s stars today? Hardly. Yesterday’s cast-offs today, tomorrow and next week is the truth – although I hardly need my expensive ad agencies to tell me that it wouldn’t sell tickets. “Still, even Casey and Chord had to get lucky sometimes, and there’s one man I’ve been impressed with since arriving here. One man who crossed the border from Mexico to test himself against the very best, and if he somehow got lost in the mid Atlantic, he at least had the fortune to do so when I came calling. “El Heroe Mexicano, tonight is your lucky night.”[/COLOR] Heroe cautiously came down to the ring. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I’m impressed. It doesn’t happen often, Heroe. I dine in the finest restaurants. I drink the finest wines. The women, well, Hollywood calls me when it wants to know who to put in next summer’s blockbusters. My house has a bigger floor area then some towns, and my garden is big enough that the Cowboys have hired it for spring training next year. “I’m not often impressed. When it comes to wrestling, it happens least of all. Everyone has to measure up to me, Heroe. And there’s not many who can do that. Maybe Sam Strong in his pomp was a more conniving ----ard. Maybe Optimus could fly higher. Maybe, maybe. We’ll never know for sure. What we do know is that I’m the best there is today. And you, Heroe, you’ve impressed me. It doesn’t happen often, but there it is. Last week you and I had a fight, and damn if I didn’t have to make a tactical retreat. I wasn’t ready for you, Heroe. Last time that happened was... God, I can’t remember. So I want to make you an offer, Heroe. Join Elite. Forget The Firm, and your associates. I’ll make you a rich man, Heroe, and you’ll be fighting the best in the world, not being held back.”[/COLOR] Heroe stared at Eric long enough for him to shift uncomfortably in place. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Join Elite?”[/COLOR] Eric nodded. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Abandon my friends?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Abandon them? Hardly, Heroe. This is a business. Anyone can see that you have the potential to be a star, kid. One day people might say you were nearly as good as me.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Maybe.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Good.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Or they might say I’m the best in the world. The best there’s ever been.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Well, let’s not get carried away-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“No, [I]senór[/I] Eisen, let’s get carried away. Let’s imagine I join you, and be your lackey. Let’s imagine that you use me to get the better of The Firm. What sort of man would that make me?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“A smart one,”[/COLOR] Eric replied earnestly. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Not an honest one?”[/COLOR] Heroe demanded. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Or a loyal one? Thank you, Eric. I actually believe that you think you’re offering me something wonderful. What you don’t understand is that I am a proud Mexican, [I]senór[/I]. I have family back home, and friends. People look up to me – they’re watching now, and they expect me to turn you down. So I will, not because it’s expected of me, but because it’s right.”[/COLOR] Eric shook his head. [COLOR="Sienna"]“You could have been great, Heroe. Now when we put MAW out of business, you’ll sink back into obscurity. I hope your family is recording the show. You can point to this moment as the peak of your career, when you caught the notice of an Eisen. From this point on it’s all downhill, starting with the beating I’m about to give you.”[/COLOR] * [B]El Heroe Mexicano vs. Eric Eisen[/B] This rematch served as confirmation that these two can really work together in the ring, although also that their combined psychology wouldn’t quite make up the first lecture of Pysch 101 from the Hollywood Upstairs Medical School. Still, it was a great action, and proof that our fans can get into the occasional spotfest – if it looks this good. Heroe and Eisen bounced around the ring for a full fifteen minutes, but did so at such a breakneck pace that when the bell rang to signal that the time limit expired the fans were clamouring for more. Heroe looked disappointed not to notch a clean win over Eisen, while in turn Eisen looked a little surprised that he’d not been able to put Heroe away. Winner: No-one (B-) * Grace Harper made her return to MAW next, gaining a surprisingly hostile reception for someone who hasn’t been in the company in several months. * [B]Lauren Easter vs. Grace Harper[/B] Bringing Grace back was a no-brainer. We know what we want from Joanne Rodriguez, and her facing Grace Harper fits nicely. Harper played an out-and-out heel, antagonising the fans, disrespecting Easter and arguing with the referee throughout. She spent more time playing up than fighting, and seemed surprised when Easter fought past the bluster and went on the attack. Harper backed off and covered up, ending up in the corner where she weathered the assault before the referee could back Easter off. With Easter distracted, however, Harper pounced. She grabbed Easter’s hair and slammed her face into the top turnbuckle not once, but several times. She ignored the referee’s count and was disqualified, but that only served to make her drag the former Women’s champion into the centre of the ring and plant her with a piledriver. Winner: Lauren Easter (B-) * Harper went ballistic, nailing Easter with a swinging neckbreaker and a gutwrench powerbomb before sitting her upright and kicking her full in the face. Grabbing the unconscious Easter by the hair she pulled her face up beside hers and stared into the nearest camera. [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s the pup taken out,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now for the bitch. Be a dear, Joanne. Send over the contract for a title match at The Clash. Or next time I’ll do more than knock your friend’s lights out.”[/COLOR] Harper threw Easter roughly to the mat and walked away, laughing to herself about having issued a challenge Joanne Rodriguez can hardly ignore. * Kid Arachnid was backstage, trying to get a bag of sweets from a vending machine. He poked at the keypad irritatedly, and even tried to shake the machine, but winced visibly as it rocked back on him. He turned and caught sight of the camera. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Oh, it’s you. Hey, and all that. Sorry. It’s been a rough few weeks, and Ah’m not at one hundred percent. Wanted a sugar rush before the match. Youngman’s easy to underestimate, and maybe he’s got other things to think about right now... But Ah can’t count him out easy, y’know? He’s a tough fighter, and maybe the last one I would have wanted to fight injured...”[/COLOR] Arachnid tailed off and shook his head. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“But Cattley’s gotta pay for what he did, and Elite have to learn that just because you’re big it don’t make you the best. This is wrestlin’ here,” he pointed around him, wincing again as he raised one arm over shoulder height. “It may not be the flashiest or the most expensive, but here people come and fight to see who’s best, they fight for the sheer love of it. And that’s too rare to let go of easy, like. The big boys think they can run things, but here is where it matters. Here’s the real thing. And that’s what I have to fight for.”[/COLOR] He nodded to the camera and walked off. Behind him his packet of sweets dropped down at last. He dashed back into spot, grabbed them out of the tray, and walked back out of shot nonchalantly. * [B]Kid Arachnid vs. Ernest Youngman[/B] We capped our most consistent show in months with a sterling contest between these two stars. Youngman and Arachnid blasted each other with heavy strikes in the early minutes, before moving to a mat-based contest. It was clear that the two men were evenly matched, and the new Traditional champion even seemed to have a slight edge as the heavy toll of Arachnid’s previous matches against Elite wrestlers seemed to be taking its toll. Youngman focused on Arachnid’s ribs, injured against Thrash, and attempted to keep Arachnid from drawing breath. The masked man struggled as Youngman clamped on a body scissors, and only forced a break when he got a leg under the ropes. Youngman pressed his advantage, keeping Arachnid on the back foot with hard shots to his ribs until Arachnid had no choice but to bail out of the ring, seeking respite. Youngman followed him, but with a few seconds to gather his wits, Arachnid dropkicked him into a ringpost, stunning the Traditional champion. Arachnid rolled back into the ring. As Youngman re-entered, Arachnid tried for an Antidote Web, but a hard elbow to his ribs backed him off and Youngman tried for The Hit, only for Arachnid to block on instinct. Youngman tried to land a clothesline, but Arachnid frantically turned it into a hip toss. Youngman came up swinging, and Arachnid retreated into the corner, taking several heavy shots on the way. Then Youngman made his mistake: He turned away from Arachnid, taunting his opponent and the crowd by giving the signal he was about to finish the masked man. As he turned back, Arachnid was out of the corner and grabbed him around the waist, lifting him up and slamming his head into the steel ringpost. Youngman crumpled to the mat, and Arachnid fell on top of him, one arm draped across his chest, fulfilling the bare minimum requirements for a cover as the referee counted to three. Winner: Kid Arachnid (B-) * Arachnid raised himself onto his knees, one arm clutched protectively across his ribs as the referee gingerly raised the other arm. Arachnid looked triumphant, but clearly utterly beaten. His reaction when Jean Cattley’s music played and the World champion stepped out from backstage, then, was one of exhausted resignation. [COLOR="Navy"]“Oh, relax,”[/COLOR] Cattley said, stopping at the top of the ramp. [COLOR="Navy"]“I’ve already fought tonight. I’m not giving all these people more than their money’s worth. No, if we’re going to fight it’s going to be on pay-per-view. “But that’s a big if. You see, we agreed some time ago that to get to me you had to go through every member of Elite, and you haven’t done that.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“There’s only you and Eisen left, Cattley. Eisen wasn’t part of the deal, or you could just hire someone every week until I lost,”[/COLOR] Arachnid said, pausing after almost every other word to catch his breath. [COLOR="Navy"]“Eric agrees. No, we’ve been keeping someone in reserve, though. Someone I don’t think you can beat... Because I don’t believe you have it in you to harm a woman, do you?”[/COLOR] Joe Sexy and Eric Eisen joined Cattley on the stage, but it was the person they were flanking that drew the crowd’s attention: Alicia Strong. Strong looked equally nervous and excited about finally being given the chance to taken on a male opponent. Kid Arachnid, on the other hand, looked sickened at the thought. [COLOR="Navy"]“And because I want to make sure that everyone can see you fail or fight a woman, that match will take place at The Clash.”[/COLOR] The show ended with Arachnid looking utterly torn in the ring as Cattley, Sexy and Eisen stood behind Strong, clearly delighted with how clever they’d been. [B]Overall: B-[/B] [I]Next: On Tour, and no faulting TJ Bailey's ambition... Oh, and the savvy among you may recognise Ash Campbell underneath the hood. It's not Ash - but the whole masked man thing is a direct tribute to another masked man on the board. My reveal should be a bit quicker, though: You'll find out who it is at the pay-per-view.[/I]

[I]OOC: No point in disguising the fact that Arachnid/Strong is a very good match - just how good we'll have to see.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: On Tour Saturday, 6th September 2014[/CENTER] El Heroe Mexicano and T-Bone Bright vs. Cobra and Sean Deeley[/B] Education time for two of our newcomers, as Bright and Cobra got hugely experienced partners in Heroe and Deeley. Deeley looked good, going toe-to-toe with Bright, but he was unable to save the match as Heroe caught Cobra with a Flying Headbutt for the win. Winners: Heroe and Bright (D+) * The Young Americans (1pt) vs. The West Texas Lawmakers (0pts) This was straightforward tag action as the larger Lawmakers were able to boss their smaller opponents around. Hocking and Benning tried to use their speed to their advantage, but Hocking got trapped in the Lawmakers’ corner and was put away with a Volcanic Repeater. Winners: The West Texas Lawmakers (E+, 1pt) * [B]The Canadian Blondes (0pts) vs. The Me In Team (0pts)[/B] This was a formula tag match, with Josh and Raphael keeping Flash Savage away from his partner for much of the contest. Golden was unable to do much as the referee kept cutting him off, letting the one-named workers double-team Savage with impunity, before putting him away with a Self Centred. Winners: The Me In Team (E+. 1pt) * [B]Divine Intervention vs. Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine[/B] Vessey and Valentine aren’t calling themselves C-V-2 again, but they showed none of their old teamwork was forgotten as their neophyte opponents struggled to make any headway against the former champions. In the end, Vessey pinned Phil Jerome after a Flying V. Winners: Vessey and Valentine (D+) * [B]Ashley Grover, Jared Johnson and Simony Sentinel vs. Nadia Snow, Delirium and Laura Flame[/B] Busy six-person action here, with not much attention paid to tagging in and out, and much more paid to wild brawling, spectacular acrobatics from Grover and Delirium, thunderous kicks from Flame and sneakiness on the part of Snow. In the end, Delirium ended up wrapped up in a Carolina Crossface by Johnson as the women battled between themselves, and in between his incoherent rants, the masked man tapped out. Winners: Grover, Johnson and Sentinel (E+) * Amazing Fire Fly came down to the ring, and said that he might as well get some time on the mic as no-one else seemed to want it. He hyped up his match against Thrash, saying that while it might only be a small part of the Firm/Elite war, a win for either side would give momentum at the expense of the loser. And he didn’t want to walk into the Firm locker room and have to admit that he’d lost to Thrash, even if he was a double-tough fighter. * [B]Amazing Fire Fly vs. Thrash[/B] This was a pairing that just didn’t mesh that well. Arguably the lowest man on each stable’s totem pole, this continuation of the Firm/Elite war didn’t do much to build momentum before Fly scored with the Sky High Fire Fly for the win. Winner: Amazing Fire Fly (D) * Joe Sexy and Gino Montero were arguing backstage. Montero seemed to want nothing to do with the Elite man, even saying that Sexy disgusted him for putting Alicia forward for the match against Arachnid. Sexy had an answer for everything, though, and eventually goaded Montero into giving him another match for the All Action title. * [B]Gino Montero (c) vs. Joe Sexy[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] We try and end our shows with a high On Tour, and we seem to be on track with this strong offering. Montero and Sexy brawled around the ring, up the aisle, and back between the ropes from the bell, with Montero mainly matching Sexy’s strengths, but sometimes busting out some moves Sexy couldn’t hope to keep up with, in the end putting the veteran down with a Montero Press. Winner: Gino Montero (B-) * Swoop McCarthy hit the ring and cut a promo on Phil Roberts. He claimed to respect the veteran star, but every compliment seemed to hinge on a somewhat personal aside about Roberts being boring, socially inept, a poor tipper and no good at meeting women. Eventually Roberts had had enough and he charged down to the ring seeking a little payback. * [B]Swoop McCarthy vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] This was a rematch from a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t quite rise to the heights of that match. It was back and forth fare, with Roberts having some success at keeping McCarthy off his feet in the early going. Swoop came back with his thunderous strikes, but before the match could be decided, Joe Sexy ran in and decked McCarthy behind the referee’s back, drawing ire from the crowd as Roberts clamped on the RCT while Sexy skulked out of view. With McCarthy unresponsive, Roberts was declared the winner. Winner: Phil Roberts (C+) * Swoop was helpless to defend himself as the Elite duo worked him over. He was trapped in a corner, and Sexy unloaded with a weighty low dropkick that snapped Swoop’s head back. It seemed that the Australian was in for still more of a beating, but then Amazing Fire Fly and Gino Montero hit the ring, chasing Elite off after a brief scuffle. The three men looked at one another a little uneasily, knowing that their rivaly with Elite had Swoop and the Firm pair somewhat unlikely bedfellows. [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I](Spoiled by the end of the last match, but that’s okay)[/I] * TJ Bailey is an optimistic kid. As well as adding Nadia Snow, Brooke Tyler, Deborah Young, Thea Davis and Ashley Grover to his roster, he approached Christian Faith. The exact role he had in mind for the retired legend is unknown, although an authority figure/colour commentator spot is considered most likely. As the smallest company in the world, however, Faith responded that they were a bit below what he was prepared to work with... * [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Lassana Makutsi vs. Davis Wayne Newton Swoop McCarthy vs. Ernest Youngman Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter vs. Grace Harper and Alicia Strong Kid Arachnid vs. Sean Deeley El Heroe Mexicano vs. Eric Eisen “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Antonio Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. “Enforcer Phil Roberts and Joe Sexy[/CENTER]

[B]Lassana Makutsi[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter vs. [B]Grace Harper and Alicia Strong[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Sean Deeley El Heroe Mexicano [B]vs.[/B] Eric Eisen [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Antonio Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]“Enforcer Phil Roberts and Joe Sexy[/B]

Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter vs. [B]Grace Harper and Alicia Strong[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Sean Deeley El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith [/B]vs. Antonio Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]“Enforcer Phil Roberts and Joe Sexy[/B]

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;799241]Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter vs. [B]Grace Harper and Alicia Strong[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Sean Deeley El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith [/B]vs. Antonio Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]“Enforcer Phil Roberts and Joe Sexy[/B][/QUOTE] What he said.

Lassana Makutsi vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [I]Returning Lassana's win over Deeley.[/I] Swoop McCarthy vs. Ernest Youngman [I]I'm very torn on this one. I'll take the easy way out and call for a draw, setting up a triple threat for the title.[/I] Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter vs. [B]Grace Harper and Alicia Strong[/B] [I]Keeping Alicia strong for her match with Arachnid and building up Harper for a title shot.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Sean Deeley [I]Arachnid hasn't lost in awhile, Deeley hasn't won in awhile...neither one of those is changing here.[/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [I]By hook or crook, Eisen finally finds a way to beat El Heroe.[/I] [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] vs. Antonio [I]Really? On Nationwide?[/I] Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. [B]“Enforcer Phil Roberts and Joe Sexy[/B] [I]Returning Gino and KC's win over Dirty Elite.[/I]

[I]OOC: The horror - two days without an update. I also haven't done much writing, as we had to take our daughter to the doctors today after she banged her head. She's fine, but you have to be sure - even if it means waiting for two hours on a Sunday afternoon. Still, she got half of Beauty and the Beast read to her, which I think is the one fairy tale we don't have around the house somewhere. I'll have to be on the lookout to make sure she doesn't do it again to get the other half. Anyway...[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 12th September 2014[/CENTER] Kid Arachnid vs. Sean Deeley[/B] Arachnid’s warm-up match for his clash with Alicia Strong was a tough one, as Sean Deeley pushed him to his limit. Exploiting Arachnid’s weariness from his months of conflict with Elite, Deeley used his most punishing moves, revelling in his ability to inflict damage on Arachnid without the masked man being able to fight back to his full ability. However, Deeley grew complacent with his advantage, and that allowed Arachnid back into the game. To Deeley’s horror, he couldn’t put Arachnid down for the count, and he found himself forced onto the back foot, eventually succumbing to a Cradle Piledriver as Arachnid took the win. Winner: Kid Arachnid (B-) * The Firm were backstage after Arachnid’s match, with their masked leader being worked over by a chiropractor. It was clear that Arachnid was still in considerable pain from the sharp exhalations he was letting out – but also that he was trying hard not to show it. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Elite have shown they’re willing to stop at nothing to break this company,”[/COLOR] he managed as his spine was manipulated. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“We have to be on our guard. Watch out for Thrash and Leadfoot in particular. They seem to be the designated hitters. Youngman seems to have enough on his plate right now. Sexy and Roberts probably won’t ambush you in the corridor, but if you’re fighting one, watch out for the other.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Do you know who’s after Youngman?”[/COLOR] Arachnid grimaced as a particularly brutal twist was applied to his left arm. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Ah think Ah can guess. If Ah’m right, then Youngman isn’t a problem. Still, be careful. You don’t want to end up like Bradford or Cannon.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What about Cattley and Eisen?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Cattley will think he’s above all this. He really seems to think he’s got it all worked out, but he won’t want to jeopardise his standing with Eisen. If the boy wonder says jump, Cattley will jump. “As for Eisen himself-“[/COLOR] Arachnid let out a yelp. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“He is that good,” [/COLOR]Heroe replied. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“He’s the best I’ve ever fought.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Leave him to me, then,”[/COLOR] Montero said. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ll teach the ‘Crown Prince’ a few lessons this Monday. I’m getting used to handing a beating to Elite. It’ll be a change from Joe Sexy, at least.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Do what you can, Gino,”[/COLOR] Arachnid said, through gritted teeth as he was contorted unnaturally. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“I’ve got to get through Alicia, but assuming I can do that, I have a month to prepare for Jean. He won’t want the match anytime other than the big pay-per-view.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Okay, we know to watch our backs. Gino’s taking care of Eric,”[/COLOR] Glenn said. [COLOR="Blue"]“We’ll watch each other’s backs, Kid. Now, about the rest of Elite on Monday...”[/COLOR] * [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Antonio[/B] This was just a short match, hampered by bad chemistry, in which Smith crushed the MAW Original, eventually finishing him off with a Backdrop Driver. Winner: Brandon Smith (D-) * After the bell Antonio shrugged off his defeat, although he seemed to be having trouble with his neck. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I said I’d do anything to get on TV. I might have known that’d mean getting put against someone like Smith. “Not everyone in MAW gets invited to the big shows. Not everyone gets on TV every week, or shows up on pay-per-view. Some of us are just getting by on the money we’re paid to fight. We don’t have the time to worry about the bigger picture, or to fight off invaders. We have enough problems. My problem is with Cameron Vessey and Casey Valentine. “I had a good thing going with Casey. We were Tag Team champions as recently as January this year. We were winning matches, we were big news, aligned with the World champion, fighting alongside Ernest Youngman, under the management of Rip Chord...”[/COLOR] His face turned sour. [COLOR="Sienna"]“When the Cult Of Chord was disbanded, Casey and I got the bum’s rush. We lost out on everything we had: Our titles, our allies, everything. And then Cameron Vessey deigned to come back to America, acting like he was king s--- after being in Japan for the last few years. Straight away he tried to resurrect his old team with Casey, never mind that we had a good team of our own. “The last few months have been the icing on the cake, so to hell with Elite, the Firm, the Internationals or any other pack who thinks they matter more. I am one man, fighting for myself. And this Monday night I want a match against Cameron Vessey. When I kick his scrawny ass I want him to f--- off back to Japan, or disappear with his uncle’s, or whatever. I don’t care. I just want you gone, Cameron – then I can have my teammate back, and then I don’t have to worry about if I can make rent next month.”[/COLOR] * [B]Lassana Makutsi vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B] The match started fast and stayed that way throughout as the two of the best all-round talents in America worked a high speed technical encounter in which advantage and momentum shifted almost from second to second. Makutsi made a point of being honourable at every step, breaking in the ropes on one and so on. Newton, on the other hand, used every advantage that came his way – some of which degenerated into outright cheating, which he was sly enough to keep hidden from the referee. Makutsi kept trying, but Newton had the advantage, and in the end put his opponent away with a Fisherman’s Suplex. Winner: Davis Wayne Newton (B-) * A triumphant Newton picked up the mic and stood in the centre of the ring. [COLOR="Blue"]“Another opponent falls to the Triple Threat. I’m all about making an impact, and I don’t really care who or how. Myself and my fellow Internationals have all the talent in the world, and none of the scruples of men like Lassana here. Still, people keep getting in our way. In spite of my recent astonishing performances, the big talk in this company right now is who this masked man is. I don’t care who he is, only that he’s taking away from me. Whoever you are, bring your boots to The Clash. I want to show why I am the man to be respected in this company.”[/COLOR] The lights flickered, and Newton turned to the entranceway expecting the masked man’s appearance. However, the roar of the crowd belied his absence, and Newton spun in place to find his intended opponent stranding atop the announcers’ table. It wasn’t easy to read his expression beneath the hood, but the sign he gave to Newton was unmistakable: Drawing his thumbnail across his throat as a sign of acceptance for their match at The Clash. * [B]Swoop McCarthy vs. Ernest Youngman[/B] to name the[COLOR="Purple"] #1 contender[/COLOR] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW World title[/COLOR] With the masked man loitering at the announcers’ table, Youngman was distracted in the early going – and that only got worse as the masked man left the table and stood at ringside, his eyes locked on the Traditional champion. Despite that distraction, Swoop didn’t fall into the trap of taking Youngman lightly, instead knowing full well that Youngman could – and had – defeat him on his night. Instead, the presence of the masked man was the edge that McCarthy needed as he was able to take the momentum from Youngman and largely control the match, eventually taking the win with Da Swoop and confirm that he would be fighting Jean Cattley for the World title this coming Monday. After the bell, the masked man allowed Swoop to leave the ring unchallenged, but when a weary Youngman rolled out of the ring, his tormentor moved around the ring and blocked his way, staring a rattled Youngman down for several seconds before standing aside. Youngman kept a close eye on him all the way up the ramp before disappearing backstage. Winner: Swoop McCarthy (B-) * Eric Eisen came down to the ring ahead of his third match with El Heroe Mexicano. [COLOR="Sienna"]“I’ve actually had people daring to approach me this last week. Normally they want an autograph, or for me to father a child by their wife so they have something to be proud of. “This last week, however, they’ve been asking about El Heroe Mexicano. How it felt to finally wrestle someone that I couldn’t beat.”[/COLOR] Eisen frowned. “These people know nothing about wrestling. I can defeat Heroe. I won’t deny that he’s good – I don’t offer my friendship to anyone unworthy. He’s not as good as me, however. And tonight Heroe will learn how I have succeeded where so many others have failed. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Tonight, however, there was someone else who had the temerity to insult me. Gino Montero, the so-called McFly Mk II, says he’ll ‘handle’ me in the match on Monday. Montero, the original McFly ran to Canada rather than face me when he heard I was in training. He’s a great wrestler – a genuine legend. You, on the other hand, are not. You’re young – and reckless. You allow your pride to dictate your actions. In these last weeks you’ve been beaten senseless in a cage match and had Joe Sexy batter you to the verge of defeat again and again. This Monday it won’t be a case of you taking care of me, Montero. I’ll be showing the world why I am Eric Eisen – and you are not.”[/COLOR] * [B]El Heroe Mexicano vs. Eric Eisen[/B] I had a sneaking feeling that this might steal the show, and it seems likely that it has. In their third match in quick succession, Eisen and Heroe played to the story of the previous two. The head of Elite couldn’t quite manage to put the masked man down, while Heroe gave the veteran Eisen a fright on a number of occasions with near falls. The fans bought into each false finish – on both sides – and if the pacing of the match was a little off, the two covered it with their crowd manipulations. In the end Heroe went for the Diving Headbutt, a move that would surely have finished the match, but as he hit he jerked sharply, and fell away from his opponent. Eisen quickly covered and scored the three count for the pinfall victory. It was only on the replay that it was possible to see Eisen using brass knuckles to KO his opponent, although as he walked up the ramp Eisen waved them tauntingly at the furious crowd. Winner: Eric Eisen (B) * Alicia Strong was backstage, shadow boxing in the Elite locker room. She was covering the whole floor, anticipating the moves of her ‘opponent’, ducking, weaving bobbing before firing off a thrust kick that nearly caught Eric Eisen as he entered the ring, Joe Sexy in tow. [COLOR="Blue"]“Sorry, Eric. I’m just preparing for Kid Arachnid.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Don’t bother,”[/COLOR] Eisen said, throwing himself down on a chair. [COLOR="Sienna"]“He’s too honourable to do anything to you anyway.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“What if he’s not?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Trust me. Why do you think I wanted you in Elite, anyway?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Err...”[/COLOR] Joe said. [COLOR="Blue"]“What?”[/COLOR] Alicia asked. [COLOR="Blue"]“You wanted me in Elite for this? What about all that stuff about me being the best women’s wrestler in the world?”[/COLOR] Eric looked at Joe, who had turned the colour of beetroot. He grinned. [COLOR="Sienna"]“You are the best, but we brought you in for this reason, Alicia. I plan ahead, and being able to put you in the way of Arachnid, or whoever stood up to challenge us, was always the last resort. We don’t care about the Women’s title – no-one cares about the Women’s title. In case you didn’t notice, half the crowd during your matches is waiting for you to pop out of your top, the other half is waiting in line for the bathroom.”[/COLOR] Alicia now was turning red, even as Joe – a whiter shade of pale – made shushing noises to Eisen behind her back. [COLOR="Sienna"]“You mean you didn’t tell her?”[/COLOR] Eisen said, his smile fading a little. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Alicia, how long have you been around wrestling? Every stable needs a valet.”[/COLOR] Joe put a hand over his eyes as Alicia went from red to white – deathly pale, as Rip noted. [COLOR="BLue"]“Thank you, Eric, it’s all very clear now,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="Blue"]“If you’ll excuse me, I think I need some fresh air. Joe...”[/COLOR] She turned to face Sexy, who took a quick step back. [COLOR="Blue"]“...I think you can get your own room tonight. And every night, in fact.”[/COLOR] She walked out, the door shutting behind her. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Oh well,”[/COLOR] Eric said, bracingly. [COLOR="Sienna"]“What’s the matter?”[/COLOR] Joe was still looking at the door. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’d have been happier if she’da got angry, is all,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Forget her.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Forget her? What about the match on Monday?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“I have a few contacts I can use,”[/COLOR] Eric replied. [COLOR="Sienna"]“We’ll get someone in if she doesn’t show.”[/COLOR] Joe nodded, but still glanced a little apprehensively at the locker room door. * [B]Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter vs. Grace Harper and Alicia Strong[/B] Possibly this match will steal the show – it’s hard to see us following this. Strong, Easter, Harper and the Women’s champion are possibly the four most gifted women in wrestling today. They put forth a great show, although it was noticeable that while most pairings were fairly even in their exchanges, Rodriguez seemed to have a slight but noticeable advantage over Harper. In the end, the champion took the win as she scored with a J-Rocker on Harper ahead of their title match on Monday, leaving Rip to wonder if maybe J-Ro had peaked too soon. Winners: Rodriguez and Easter (B) * Montero and Glenn, representing The Firm, stood across the ring from Roberts and Sexy, representing Elite. On commentary, Rip and I noted that this match would serve as a preview for the match on Monday, when both sides would meet again, together with their allies, in a four versus four match. * [B]Gino Montero and KC Glenn vs. “Enforcer” Phil Roberts and Joe Sexy[/B] It’s not often we’ll consider a match this good to be anti-climactic. The four men gave their all, but after the ultra-athletic exchanges in the last two matches, the veterans Sexy and Roberts slower pace seemed slightly off-key. Their younger foes moved at pace as well, although the guile and experience of the Elite duo meant that they didn’t have too great an edge. However, Sexy and Roberts erred in focusing too much of their attention on Montero, seemingly seeing him as the greater threat. However, this only meant that Glenn was fresh and firing on all cylinders when he was tagged into the match, and he was able to use his speed and skill to take Roberts out of the match with a hefty clothesline that dumped the veteran Enforcer over the top rope, before catching a charging Sexy with a Tune Up The Sunshine Band for the minor upset. Winners: Montero and Glenn (B-) * Roberts and Sexy weren’t finished, however, as they quickly sought revenge on their opponents with a sneak attack as Glenn and Montero tried to leave the ring. That might have been the trigger for an Elite attack, or a Firm rescue, but pretty much everyone hit ringside at the same time, leaving the two squads to brawl wildly in and around the ring as the show went off the air. [B]Overall: B-[/B] [I]Next: On Tour...[/I]

[I]OOC: So I may have spent last night playing '10 rather than writing... :o Once this gets moved to the '10 dynasty forum we should be updating quickly again, though[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: On Tour Saturday, 13th September 2014[/CENTER] Fumihiro Ota vs. Cameron Vessey[/B] Vessey has travelled the world in his time away from MAW, and in this match he showed some of the skills he’s picked up. He fought past the veteran Ota, and picked up the win with a Vessey Driver. Winner: Cameron Vessey (C) * Platinum 12” came to the ring and mocked Divine Intervention’s moralistic, clean living lifestyle. Jefferson Stardust proceeded to make out with Gianna, the band’s groupie/manager, while Ashington C. Odam took out a bottle of whiskey and took several long gulps, before saying that this was life in rock: Hard living, and no time for namby-pamby religion or anything else that got in the way of the fun. * [B]Divine Intervention (0pts) vs. Platinum 12” (1pt)[/B] Despite their proud boasts, the Platinum duo found themselves well matched against Phil Jerome and Quentin Queen, with the evangelical youngsters able to take down the rockers, before Stardust tapped out to Jerome’s Smooth Hold. Winners: Divine Intervention (D-, 1pt) * Amber Allen taunted Kristabel Plum, saying that Plum was once considered to be the next big thing in women’s wrestling, but her record was pretty much the poorest in the company. Plum responded that every match was a good place to start a winning streak, so why not start right now? * [B]Kristabel Plum vs. Amber Allen[/B] Plum seemed fired up to show Allen the error of her ways in this match, and clearly wasn’t thrown by her opponent’s words. It was a back and forth match, but in the end Plum picked up the win with a Plum Tucker. Winner: Kristabel Plum (D) * Kashmir Singh cut a promo on Casey Valentine, telling him to relax about the whole deal with Antonio and Cameron Vessey. It could only be a good thing that people wanted to team with him, after all. * [B]“Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Casey Valentine[/B] Valentine was anything but relaxed, and that left him open to attack from the veteran Singh. The young former Tag Team champion tried to rally, but the lively Indian was able to put him away with a Cal-Cutter for the win. Winner: Kashmir Singh (D) * Cameron Vessey came back out from backstage. He told Antonio that his challenge was accepted. In 48 hours time they’d fight to see who deserved to team with Casey Valentine. * [B]T-Bone Bright vs. Antonio[/B] After agreeing his match with Cameron Vessey, Antonio started this match afire. Drawing on his greater experience, he was able to outmanoeuvre the powerful but raw Bright, and eventually scored the win after a Roman Conquest. Winner: Antonio (E+) * Brooke Tyler and Tracy Brendon took it upon themselves to pick on Maria Guest and Ashley Grover backstage, singling the two youngsters out as the least experienced and supposedly the least talented of the women. Tyler and Brendon said that their upcoming match would be a straightforward win, and that they would continue to dominate the women’s division. * [B]Maria Guest and Ashley Grover vs. Brooke Tyler and Tracy Brendon[/B] All four women wanted to fight from the bell on this one, with Brendon taking control through sheer experience and savvy. She was troubled by Grover’s acrobatics, but when Maria tagged into the match, the youngster posed Brendon less trouble, and she was able to put her away with an Idaho Crunch. Winners: Tyler and Brendon (D) * Brandon Smith was inspecting the craft services table backstage when Sean Deeley confronted him. Deeley said that Smith’s trip to Japan was all very well, but it was one tour. He may have improved, but he still wasn’t as good as Deeley, who had wrestled all around the world. Smith shrugged and accepted Deeley’s ‘challenge’, which shocked the International, who didn’t seem to think he’d made one. * [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Sean Deeley[/B] Deeley quickly realised that while Smith is big, he’s not lumbering. The former footballer is fast on his feet, with an explosive turn of pace that, coupled with his size, makes for a devastating attack. Deeley did his best to counter this, but in the end it was Lisa Bowen who made the difference as she distracted Smith at a crucial moment, allowing Deeley to trap him in the Front Choke Lock in the centre of the ring and force him to submit. Winner: Sean Deeley (C+) * Swoop McCarthy and Gino Montero took turns taunting Eric Eisen and Jean Cattley ahead of the main event. Eisen and Cattley responded by pointing out their glittering careers – Cattley the five-time MAW champion, Eisen the Crown Prince of wrestling. Eisen took a few extra shots at Montero, claiming that the younger man couldn’t hold a candle to his all-round talents. * [B]Swoop McCarthy and Gino Montero vs. Jean Cattley and Eric Eisen[/B] This match built to Monday’s World and eight-man tag matches, with contestants from both on each side. Elite were brutal in their treatment of their foes, who not so long ago would have been on opposite sides of the ring, and weren’t entirely at ease in their new alliance. Eisen and Cattley, both seasoned veterans, exploited that unfamiliarity for all it was worth, Eisen taking great delight in taunting Swoop as the World champion worked over Montero. In the end, Cattley pinned Montero with a Mood Swing, giving him valuable momentum ahead of the World title match, and denting that of The Firm as they prepare for the clash with Elite. Winners: Cattley and Eisen (C) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I](I would make the argument that the main event was a much superior line-up than the tag match that followed Nationwide. No chemistry issues, greater star power... So what gives?)[/I] * KC Glenn and Sean Deeley have signed to tour with WLW from October onwards. Both men are popular workers in the Orient, so this is hardly a surprise – just annoying as WLW tend to run opposite us, which probably means that Glenn will be unavailable in the coming weeks unless we shift the shows around. * In an interesting preview of The Clash, Grace Harper lost her BSC Queen of the Ring title – to Joanne Rodriguez. * Casey Valentine has been allowed to leave PSW. He hasn’t impressed in his nine-month run with the company. That is to say, he hasn’t stood out from the 5 out of 10 performers who make up the PSW roster. Kashmir Singh has been signed on as his replacement – apparently the PSW bookers were watching the last On Tour. [I]Next: The Clash preview...[/I]

KC Glenn and Sean Deeley have signed to tour with WLW from October onwards. Both men are popular workers in the Orient, so this is hardly a surprise – just annoying as WLW tend to run opposite us, which probably means that Glenn will be unavailable in the coming weeks unless we shift the shows around. * In an interesting preview of The Clash, Grace Harper lost her BSC Queen of the Ring title – to Joanne Rodriguez. * Casey Valentine has been allowed to leave PSW. He hasn’t impressed in his nine-month run with the company. That is to say, he hasn’t stood out from the 5 out of 10 performers who make up the PSW roster. Kashmir Singh has been signed on as his replacement – apparently the PSW bookers were watching the last On Tour. * [QUOTE] [B][CENTER]MAW.com The Clash preview[/CENTER][/B] The Masked Man vs. Davis Wayne Newton Whoever the masked man is, he’ll start at the top of the pile if he can score a win over the Triple Threat. Newton has been on quite the tear lately, facing down everyone in his pursuit of the recognition that he feels has eluded him. The masked man has made a splash in his targeting of Ernest Youngman, and Newton thinks that’s detracted from his own achievements – and exposure. Sometimes two paths intersect without intention, but that might not make the collision between these two any less epic. Divine Intervention vs. The Me In Team vs. Platinum 12” vs. Dirty Elite (c) for the MAW Tag Team titles Thrash and Leadfoot are pretty confident about their chances of retaining their gold. Calling out three talented teams for this match, the numbers are against the champions. Still, the Dirties love to fight, and the wild confines of a fatal fourway should play to their strengths as this promises to be a wild contest. The Firm vs. Elite Heroe, Sexy, Fire Fly, Roberts, Montero, Eisen, Glenn, Youngman: The competitors in this match read like a who’s who of talent in MAW right now. The eight men in this match, plus their allies, have dominated the Mid Atlantic Wrestling scene in recent months, putting on a series of fantastic clashes that have thrilled the fans, with the deeper underlying concern that if Elite are victorious, it could be curtains for MAW. This Monday won’t be the last time these men face off, but for the first time we will see this many of the rivals in the same place in what promises to be a classic. Joanne Rodriguez (c) vs. Grace Harper – MAW Women’s title The Women’s champion has been looking for a challenge for some time now. She’s found one. In her return to MAW, Grace Harper destroyed Lauren Easter, knocking the champion’s best friend senseless in a brutal attack. Harper seemed to be holding back in the subsequent tag match, perhaps allowing Rodriguez to burn off her righteous anger ahead of the match, and the wily veteran could well take advantage of the champion’s emotions this coming Monday to end J-Ro’s reign hard. Antonio vs. Cameron Vessey Antonio has been with MAW since day one, and has often claimed to feel hard done by as so many opportunities have bypassed him. One he feels determined to hang on to is his team with Casey Valentine – but Valentine’s original partner has returned to the company, and Cameron Vessey was there first... Valentine has remained silent on which of his two allies he wants to team with long-term, but his already considerable ego must be getting a boost from seeing them fighting over his allegiance. Who will come out on top in this low-key, but highly-strung contest? Kid Arachnid vs. Alicia Strong For the first time in MAW history we will see a man and a woman clash one on one. It’s a contest that’s made some uneasy – none more so than Kid Arachnid himself, who has fretted over how he can fight a woman, even one as talented as Alicia Strong. But fight her he must if he wants to get his hands on Jean Cattley. Strong, meanwhile, has found herself looked down on by her Elite colleagues in recent weeks, and it seems like she was put in this match to give Arachnid a foe that he won’t beat. Alicia, however, is angry, and will want to prove that Arachnid can’t beat her, even if he tries. Swoop McCarthy vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title Elite thought they had MAW’s opposition to their acts under control. Taking out close to a dozen wrestlers, only The Firm seemed to stand against them. Then Swoop McCarthy stood up to Ernest Youngman, and in spite of losing the Traditional title it seems that this most unexpected hero of the Mid Atlantic could be on the verge of World title glory. McCarthy has taken on all comers since aligning himself against Youngman and his allies, and his reward is a chance to beat Jean Cattley for the gold. Not that Cattley will make it easy for him, of course – the veteran champion is among the most resourceful men in the sport, and when Cattley gives his all, he always seems to find a way to win. Something has to give this Monday, but will it be a big blow for Elite, or will the five-time MAW champion find a way to put down another challenger to his supremacy. [/QUOTE] [CENTER][B]MAW The Clash[/B] The Masked Man vs. Davis Wayne Newton The Firm vs. Elite Joanne Rodriguez (c) vs. Grace Harper – MAW Women’s title Antonio vs. Cameron Vessey Kid Arachnid vs. Alicia Strong Swoop McCarthy vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title Divine Intervention vs. The Me In Team vs. Platinum 12” vs. Dirty Elite Tag Team (c) – MAW Tag Team titles[/CENTER]

Archived