THE FALL, Tomlin's 07 mod converted to 08 (inside)

[B]VERSION 1.1 (June 10)[/B] This being one of my favorite mods ever for TEW, I thought I'd give it the conversion it deserves. Includes new worker pics, race changes, personality tweaks, and network tweaks, and all that goes into an overall process of making the game more than a simple vanilla convert. I added default angles/storylines from Cornellverse to make it run smoother. The previous angles and storylines in the original Fall aren't well suited for the new angle engine in 08. Of course if there are any glaring issues, feel free to report. DATA [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FUWCOHKT[/url] GRAPHICS/PEOPLE [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z58E077N[/url]

I don't have the full version of TEW 2008 yet, but you might want to sim the game for six months, a year, maybe go as far as five years and see if anything weird happens. The stats were deliberately inflated in the 2007 version of The Fall, and the 2008 version probably doesn't need that inflation.

Just downloaded it and I'll take a good look at it tomorrow after another cruelling day at work. TEW 2008, new mods and to top it all EURO 2008 and I've got a ****load of work to do in the upcoming month. Well sleeping is for pussies. Back to the topic, thanks for the effort!

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;435531]I don't have the full version of TEW 2008 yet, but you might want to sim the game for six months, a year, maybe go as far as five years and see if anything weird happens. The stats were deliberately inflated in the 2007 version of The Fall, and the 2008 version probably doesn't need that inflation.[/QUOTE] I was thinking about it, but simply simulating a month takes more than 5 minutes for me. When I get the time, I'll try it tonight. Also, Stampede, 4 out of the 6 times I tested, go National after about a week, and sign up all the hot FA's (Angle, Guerrero, RVD etc). I originally had this tweaked to keep them from doing it, but overall decided not to compromise Tomlin's vision too much in such a way.

Great. Will download this and save it for later. To busy with my ROF game at the minute and I have the 1989 real world mod to try as well. [quote=misfit103;435721]Isn't there a quick sim button where you can sim a year? Thought I read that somewhere.[/quote] [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showpost.php?p=434576&postcount=2[/url]

I would love to try this, but I am going to wait for some feedback, first. I have barely played the game, since I have been working on the title belts. I love the real world mods, and I like to mix them up a bit, as well with the C'Verse. I can't wait to hear what people are saying about this, since this may be the first fully available RW mod.

So far this mod looks great. BTW Payne, it isn't a straight ahead real world mod. It is an "alternate history" where the WWF is out of business in 2001, after the WCW purchase, and smaller promotions open up. It is very well done.

Whereabouts do the graphic packs go in TEW08 games? In the data folder i set up for the fall, there's one graphics folder, but there are no folders, only files in there! The download for this Mod uses folders, should i copy out of them or just bung them in as they are? Cheers in anticipation.... Edit: Never mind, i've found the new hiding place for graphics!! :)

It is set in 2001 after the purchase of WCW. The WWF was put out of business for some reason, monopoly I think, not sure. There are smaller, cult sized promotion that have sprung up, owned by people like Hulk Hogan, Brett Hart, Jimmy Hart, Ric Flair, etc. It is really well done, and is a very balanced real world mod. In my game Hulk Hogan died right away and Horace Hogan now runs his promotion.

[QUOTE=alanreao;436283]Hey guys, just a quick point, make sure you check you match ratio for events before you have one. It kinda sucks having a PPV with almost an hour of angles.[/QUOTE] Wish I noticed this earlier, I just booked by first AWF PPV and got a C because i booked too many matches :\ Also, I noticed AWF's location is set to Southeast, not Southwest. Has anyone else run into this problem, though? As I'm playing I've noticed Fusion Pro Wrestling is hiring all these indy guys and putting them into development. Somehow, they are able to sign all these guys to written deals, and I'm not. Both of our companies are Cult and both of us keep fluctuating between the #1 and #2 spot in America. Is this just part of the new "competitive AI" where THEY can sign workers to written deals and I can't yet?

Some other changes I made: Game areas all have 100% importance, this throws things off a lot. PPV Carriers have very low risk levels, making almost anything but a standard match unusable. Hawaii and Australia have no TV coverage. TV networks all have the defaults for finances, stance on wrestling, patience, etc.

[QUOTE=alanreao;437611] Game areas all have 100% importance, this throws things off a lot. PPV Carriers have very low risk levels, making almost anything but a standard match unusable. Hawaii and Australia have no TV coverage. TV networks all have the defaults for finances, stance on wrestling, patience, etc.[/QUOTE] 1. Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed. 2. Fixed 3/4. I altered a few stations, but I thought altering every single one would be a bit useless. I altered the big ones (ie TNT/TBS being "against" wrestling as the new brass who wanted WCW off the air, doubt they'd want any wrestling again). I messed with the Hawaii/Australia for a bit, but it mainly comes down to me not really knowing anyway what networks air where.

Archived