When can we expect Total Pro Football 2***

[QUOTE=jrscherzi]When can we expect to see an update of total pro football? :) If you're planning to release a newer version it should accommodate a different number of teams (within limits) to better simulate historical seasons.[/QUOTE] Arlie has recently updated TPF to 1.43 and after this game, he going back to fix some more bugs and issues thats been reported at .400 software forum.

TPF has a great Simulation Model I like TPF's simulation and stats model and I think the game would be great for historical simulations except that you can only specify exactly 32 teams as I understand it. Trying to run a historical simulation which calls for 30 or 28 teams for example makes it problematical at best. I have all the stats for each player at every position for the period beginning with 1994 thru 2002 (working on adding 2003). I have also read the Artie's excellent email on what each attributes means in the player model. Based on this info I can come up some pretty accurate player models. But I don't know that the excercise would be very useful it if there is constraint on the number of teams one can specify.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=Scott Vibert]Or you could edit the database directly through Microsoft Access.[/QUOTE] If you mean the season.dat/pseason.dat file, I remember that one - it allowed you to edit the team info. If it was possible to edit the schedule, player info, etc. I must have missed it. Until now I hadn't even bothered to tinker with the file.

[QUOTE=Jestor]Did the 1.43 patch fix the ungodly inaccurate and worthless scouting reports for the drafted players?[/QUOTE] No The 1.43 patch also broke contract negotiation with your draft picks. You can no longer change the contract length so you're stuck with the default request. 400ss is also a dead company with no response on their forums. Just look at this thread ( [url]http://www.400softwarestudios.com/invboard/upload/index.php?showtopic=66598[/url] ) TPF is a dead product without a developer. I've been as supportive of TPF as anybody but at this point 400ss and Arlie have lost a ton of credibility. I realize that legal problems led to the mess but that doesn't change the fact that, as a result, we were screwed as consumers of the product.

• 1 month later...
What about Pee Wee Football too! [QUOTE=Miral]And then a high school football sim too, so that we could recruit guys from the highschool game into Bowlbound. Sweet! :D[/QUOTE] Then they could make a game for PeeWee football so we could draft 10-12 year olds and follow their carrer to High School/College and the Pros!! :eek: Umm maybe we are getting a little carried away here!

[QUOTE=Bob Hanson]No The 1.43 patch also broke contract negotiation with your draft picks. You can no longer change the contract length so you're stuck with the default request. 400ss is also a dead company with no response on their forums. Just look at this thread ( [url]http://www.400softwarestudios.com/invboard/upload/index.php?showtopic=66598[/url] ) [/QUOTE] I actually got an e-mail response to a tech support question with Tournament Dreams, but they jerked me around for a couple months, and kept telling me that "a programmer" is looking at my league file. To contrast, here at GDS my e-mail about a Total Pro Basketball problem was responded to almost immediatly, and same with PureSim.

Archived