World Wrestling Federation: A Change In Attitude

[B]Sunday March 29, 1998 Fleet Centre, Boston, MA 3pm[/B] [I]“Now, I can’t stress how important tonight is. This could make or break the company, and dammit no one is taking my company away from me.”[/I] He was right, and we all knew it. Here we were, the four men who were tasked with delivering a show that could help determine the future of the company. This was big... really big. It had to work. Russo had that smirk on his face again. He was always so smug looking. He took most of the credit for what we had accomplished as a team. He sought out the limelight, telling every dirtsheet writer who would listen that he was "The Man" who turned around the WWF. I on the otherhand preferred to remain in the background. Ed was Russo’s buddy, but I liked him. He was even quieter than me. [I]“This has to work tonight. Now, I agree with the outcome of the match, but what do we do with Tyson?”[/I] This had been something we’d all been arguing about for weeks now. Russo was pushing hard for Tyson to lay out Michaels and then have it look like he and Austin were buddies, only for Tyson to lay Austin out too. I on the other hand thought Tyson should knock out Michaels and then drape an Austin t-shirt over his face. [I]“Russo I like your idea, it plays in with him being the baddest man on the planet... but I love that t-shirt thing too. Michaels ripped off a t-shirt to show Tyson was with DX, and now Tyson is laying a t-shirt over Shawn. It’s almost symbolic.”[/I] Well at least me and the boss were on the same page. It was becoming a reccuring theme in recent weeks. Russo and me would throw ideas around, trying to outdo each other. Vince ultimately had the final say, and more and more he was starting to favour me. [I]“You know what, fine. If that’s what you want to go with, OK.”[/I] Russo clearly wasn’t happy, but he never was when he didn’t get his own way. We’d had our share of arguments in the past, especially since Montreal. Poor Ed was always in the middle it seemed. But the stakes were so high that a bit of friction was always going to happen. [I]“Alright, I’m glad that’s settled then. Right, you guys get to work on writing the script and I’ll... excuse, me I have to take this call.”[/I] So that’s what we did. Ed pointed out that one of us would have to tell Shawn about it. I wasn’t looking forward to that conversation. Shawn had a habit of making things awkward for me. I never knew if he was doing it as a rib, or if he really didn't like me. He had melowed out a bit lately though, especially now that nagging back pain he complained of had died down a bit. I happened to glance at Vince, and saw that his face suddenly looked very worried. It was obvious his phone conversation wasn’t going well. [I]“Oh... OK... right. Thank you for letting me know. Uh... Russo... can I talk you you outside for a minute?”[/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/PPV/WM14.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][B]Wrestlemania XIV[/B] Farooq defeated Ahmed Johnson (C-) TAKA Michinoku defeated Mr. Aguila to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight Title (E) Goldust defeated Vader (C-) The New Age Outlaws defeated Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles (D+) Triple H defeated Owen Hart for the WWF European Title (B-) The Rock defeated Ken Shamrock to retain the WWF Intercontinental Title (A) The Undertaker defeated Kane (A) ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin defeated Shawn Michaels for the WWF Heavyweight Title (B+) Overall: B+[/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT]

[B]Monday, March 30, 1998 Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY 2pm[/B] [I]“OK… last night… it was good.” [/I] Good? Well… I guess you could say that. I thought it was pretty great, but then I would say that. I glanced across at Ed and Russo. They seemed slightly upset at the “good” comment. Let’s be honest, the three of us were sitting there waiting for the verbal pat on the back that we felt we deserved after what we managed to produce last night. We created a monster in Steve Austin. We’d created the ultimate rebels in DX. And last night, it all came to a head. The world had seen a new champion crowned... and they wanted more. [I]“But we need better. WCW is still ahead of us in the ratings. They’re still considered number one, and we’re still seen as number two. We need… we need to freshen things up a little bit.” [/I] Freshen things up? What did he think we’d been doing? Ever since he screwed Bret out of the title, we’d been doing nothing but. Russo had a confused look on his face, like he thought this was a good thing but he didn’t know why. Ed just looked worried, but he always looked like that. I was more intrigued. How much fresher could we get? [I]“That’s why I want to make some changes. Now, don’t get me wrong, you three guys have been great these last few months. We’ve came through a lot of hard-knocks together. But now… we need to turn it up. And… Russo… I’m sorry, but you’re not in charge anymore.”[/I] [I]“What?!”[/I] Wow… I mean, I never expected that. Russo had been head booker and writer for… well, to be honest, I don’t know when he was made head booker. I don’t even think it was ever made official. It just kind of happened one day, Russo decided he was in charge. [I]“You can’t do that! I’ve just delivered you one of the best Wrestlemanias in history! Why the hell am I out?”[/I] We delivered it… not you on your own. I was actually pretty angry at that last comment… Ed still looked worried. Poor guy, I often wondered if he got enough love from his Mom. Eh… anyway… moving on. [I]“I don’t like the way you do things. I mean, I don’t even know who’s face and who’s heel anymore.” [/I] He did have a point. It was getting pretty hard to keep up with it all. Russo said it was all about keeping the fan on their toes, but it was getting a bit much at times. [I]“And another thing, I’ve lost count of how many ideas of yours I have to reject because they’re too damn crazy. So Russo… I’m sorry, but you’re not head booker anymore.” [/I] [I]“This is b******t! Is this... is this about what happened last week?” [/I] Hello... what was this? [I]“I already told you Vince, I never did it! Some dirtsheet made it up. I’d never do something like that.” [/I] Do something like what? I looked at Ed and he looked as confused as I felt. What happened that was so big it cost Russo his job? Was that what that phone call was about? [I]“Now Russo, let’s not talk about that right now, OK? We said we’d keep that between us. Nobody else has to find about that.”[/I] Find out about what?! This is killing me! What did he do? He wasn’t dumb enough to push for that angle with the transvestite again was he? [I]“I mean… who’s my replacement then?” [/I] I was still trying to figure what the hell happened between the two of them to even think about that. I guess Ed was the obvious choice, but then again it could be someone from outside. But then… oh wait… did he just glance at me? [I]“Him?! He’s in charge now?! What the f**k is this?”[/I] [I]“Hey! You remember one thing Russo… this is my company! Now… the reason he’s in charge is because I like his ideas better than yours. I mean, I loved that thing with the t-shirt last night.” [/I] I was pretty proud of that as well. But I didn’t think my t-shirt idea meant I was getting promoted. I mean, out of the three of us, I was the new guy. I’d only been on the creative team for nine months. I nearly walked after what happened in Montreal… now part of me wished I had. [I]“I can’t believe this! He sits there in the corner at every meeting and barely opens his mouth! How the hell can he be in charge now?!” [/I] [I]“Now Russo… my mind is made up. If you want to, you are more than welcome to leave. I’d like you to stay. The three of you can still make some magic together, but we just need someone new leading the charge.”[/I] And with that… I was the new head booker. Russo grabbed his laptop and headed for the door. Ed shook my hand and said he was glad it wasn’t him. And then it was just me and Vince. [I]“So… congratulations. You’ve earned it. I’ve been really impressed with your work lately. I need someone to take us to the next level, and I think you’re the guy to do it.”[/I] I still couldn’t believe what was going on. I mean, if I was head booker, did that mean I was in charge of the roster too? Haha… Kurrgan… you’re so fired! [I]“Listen… there’s a couple of things we need to discuss. First… we’ve got some real stars in Austin, Michaels and Undertaker. We’ve got to keep their popularity and momentum high. Those are the guys I want to lead the company right now. Second… I’m sick and tired of these guys who keep getting in trouble with the law. It gives us a bad image, so don’t hire anyone who’s got legal problems, OK? And third, we’ve got Shamrock and Severn right now, but I don’t want anymore MMA Crossover guys. Too many will hurt the roster and give us the wrong image. We’re a wrestling show after all.”[/I] I understood everything he said. It actually made a lot of sense. I still wasn’t sure if hiring me was the best move, but I guess we’d find out. [I]“Now… you’ve got a few hours until Raw begins. I expect big things from you. I want us to crush WCW! I want us to destroy them! And you better be the guy to help me do it…”[/I] And that was it. I was in charge now. It was a job I never wanted or campaigned for. I was more than happy to sit in my corner and hit out with ideas. But now… I was in charge. But why? And would Russo and Ed get behind me?

OOC: Ok a quick post to set things up. I'm using the Montreal Aftermath Mod available in the mod section. It starts in December 1997, so I have simmed about 4 months at this point. My diary starts the night after Wrestlemania. You will notice that some of my Wrestlemania results are different from the real life event, but that was just the way my game has gone so far. I have made certain signings and additions to the roster, but you don't need to know about them just yet. ;) I will post a roster soon enough to show what talent the WWF had in real life at this point. I haven't fired anyone yet, so any roster moves will happen from this point out. [QUOTE=ultimatenoob;444033]Love the back pain comment! Anyway, I'll be reading for sure. =][/QUOTE] Haha! Well the bump he took onto the casket never happened in my game so that means he is still active instead of being on the shelf. That was just a smart comment, but thanks for noticing. [QUOTE=Lexa90;444045]Yey :D a new Imac diary :) I will be reading :)[/QUOTE] Thanks man, hopefully you'll enjoy this as much as my last one. I will just say, this is going to be different in terms of styles from my last [COLOR="DarkRed"][URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=29001"]dynasty[/URL].[/COLOR] There are some very talented wirters out there who have helped inspire me in the way I want to tell this story, and I thank you all up front. Anyway, a Raw preview will be up soon, but is there any feedback at this point? I tried to come up with a realistic backstory that has a few plot twists in it that are still to be revealed. Also, any hopes or espectations? Or amybe is there something you hope happens that you thought should've happened at the time, or anyone you hope gets the push they desevred in real life? Comments and feedback welcome!

[QUOTE=W3LSHY;444154]I liked the backstory, it was simple yet realisitic. Ie. Not a random phone call/lottery win. Its got a good buzz has this diary so far, looking forward to this and expecting good things ;).[/QUOTE] Thanks man, that's what I was going for. But like I said, the backstroy has a few twists left in it that will play out as we go along. ;)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Logos/wwf.jpg[/IMG] [B]WWF Roster[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Blue = Face[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Red = Heel[/COLOR] [B]Main Event[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Cactus Jack[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kane[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Ken Shamrock Owen Hart[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Shawn Michaels[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Stone Cold Steve Austin[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]The Rock[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]The Undertaker[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Triple H[/COLOR] [B]Upper Midcard[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Ahmed Johnson[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Billy Gunn[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Chainsaw Charlie[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Farooq[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Goldust[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jeff Jarrett[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Road Dog[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Vader[/COLOR] [B]Midcard[/B] [COLOR="blue"]8-Ball[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Al Snow[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Bart Gunn[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Blackjack Bradshaw[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Chainz[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Dan Severn[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Flash Funk[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Henry Godwinn[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Kama Mustafa Kurrgan Mabel Marc Mero Miguel Perez Jr[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Mosh[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Phinias Godwinn[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Road Warrior Animal[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Road Warrior Hawk[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Savio Vega[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Skull[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Steve Blackman[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Thrasher[/COLOR] [B]Lower Midcard[/B] [COLOR="red"]Bob Holly Blackjack Windham Brian Christopher D’Lo Brown Mark Henry Recon [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Super Crazy[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]TAKA Michinoku[/COLOR] [B]Opener[/B] [COLOR="red"]Gangrel[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Puke[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Sniper[/COLOR] [B]Enhancement Talent[/B] [COLOR="red"]Scott Taylor[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Mr Aguila[/COLOR] [B]Managers[/B] [COLOR="red"]Chyna Jim Cornette Luna Vachon[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Marlena[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Paul Bearer[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Sunny[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]The Jackal[/COLOR] [B]Teams[/B] [COLOR="red"]New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn)[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Legion of Doom (Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk)[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Los Boricuas (Savio Vega and Miguel Perez Jr) The Godwinns (Phineas Godwinn and Henry Godwinn) The New Blackjacks (Blackjack Bradshaw and Blackjack Windham)[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Headbangers (Thrasher and Mosh)[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Truth Commission (Recon and Kurrgan) Too Much (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor) New Midnight Express (Bob Holly and Bart Gunn)[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Disciples of Apocalypes (8 Ball and Skull)[/COLOR] [B]Stables[/B] [COLOR="red"]D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Chyna) Disciples of Apocalypse (8 Ball, Chainz and Skull) Nation of Domination (Farooq, The Rock, Mark Henry, Kama Mustafa, D'Lo Brown) Truth Commision (The Jackyl, Kurrgan, Sniper, Recon)[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Champions[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Titles/WWFHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/SteveAustin.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Titles/WWFIntercontinental.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TheRock.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Titles/WWFEuropean.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TripleH.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Titles/WWFTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/RoadDogg.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/BillyGunn.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Titles/WWFLightHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TAKAMichinoku.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Raw Preview[/CENTER][/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Logos/Rawiswar.jpg[/IMG] One night after a historic Wrestlemania, the Warzone arrives in Albany, NY with a new Champion and a change in attitude. Vince McMahon has decided that Austin will defend his title tonight, although the opponent at this stage is unclear, but it's bound to be big. Also tonight, Owen Hart looks to get back on track after losing the European Title last night, will the Intercontinental Champion The Rock looks to lead the Nation into battle, but his relationship with Farooq will be futhrer tested against Ken Shamrock and Vader. Join us live in the Warzone! [B]'The Black Hart' Owen Hart v Savio Vega Flash Funk v 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett The Rock and Farooq v Ken Shamrock and Vader Kama Mustafa v Steve Blackman Triple H v Chainsaw Charlie 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin v ?????[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[B]'The Black Hart' Owen Hart [/B]v Savio Vega [I]Hart losing to Savio Vega, would make non sense.[/I] Flash Funk v [B]'Double J' Jeff Jarrett[/B] [I]Well JJ is the obvious choice, however, upset?[/I] The Rock and Farooq v [B]Ken Shamrock and Vader[/B] [I]Shamrock lost at WrestleMania and so not to bury him, I pick him & Vader. Also, it will further the Rock/Farooq angle.[/I] [B]Kama Mustafa [/B]v Steve Blackman [I]Not totally sure but NofD interference?[/I] [B] Triple H[/B] v Chainsaw Charlie [I]I think the new European Champion needs a TV win.[/I] [B]'Stone Cold' Steve Austin [/B]v ????? [I]It has to be, if its for title.[/I]

[B]'The Black Hart' Owen Hart[/B] v Savio Vega Flash Funk v [B]'Double J' Jeff Jarrett[/B] The Rock and Farooq v [B]Ken Shamrock and Vader[/B] Kama Mustafa v [B]Steve Blackman[/B]-He is the Lethal Weapon for a reaosn [B]Triple H[/B] v Chainsaw Charlie 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin v [B]????? [/B]-I expect someone like Cactus Jack

[CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Logos/Rawiswar.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/JimRoss.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/JerryLawler.jpg[/IMG] JR: Hello again ladies and gentlemen and welcome to WWF Raw! I’m Jim Ross alongside Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler, and we are just moments away from being joined by the new WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin. King: JR, forget about all that. What I want to know is what the hell was Mike Tyson doing last night? He double-crossed DX and Shawn Michaels last night. Well Tyson, I got news for you pal, you better not show your face around here ever again! JR: We’ll deal with Tyson later on, we also understand Shawn Michaels and Triple H have a huge announcement regarding the future of DX. Also tonight... well... you can hear the boos ladies and gentlemen, as we are being joined by the owner of the WWF, Mr McMahon. King: These idiots in Albany better start showing Mr McMahon some respect! [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/VinceMcMahon.jpg[/IMG] Vince: At this time, I’d like you to all join me in welcoming to the ring... the new WWF Champion... Stone Cold, Steve Austin! [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/SteveAustin.jpg[/IMG] JR: Well here he comes! The man who beat Shawn Michaels last night... King: Yeah thanks to Mike Tyson! Vince: Now Mr Austin... first, allow me to congratulate you on your victory last night. I feel that between us, we can take the WWF into a new era. However, Austin, in recent months you have been throwing your weight around here... you have delivered the Stone Cole Stunner to employees, to people backstage... to me... and those sort of things have to stop. You have to toe the line the Austin... and we can do things the easy way... or the hard way. Austin: The easy way or the hard way? Why don’t you explain to me the easy way? Vince: Well the easy way is that you stop running around, stunning people, you stop drinking beer in my ring, you maybe dress a little more appropriately... the easy way is my way Austin. The easy way... is the corporate way. Austin: So uh... what’s the hard way? Vince: The hard way is that you continue acting the way you are... and then you’ll lose that WWF Title. You are the champion, you are the face of the company now... and I can’t have my champion drinking beer in the middle of my ring! Austin: The easy way... or the hard way? That’s a pretty big decision. Let me think about that. If you want Stone Cold to keep acting like the beer drinking son of a bitch I am, gimme a hell yeah! [I][B]HELL YEAH![/B][/I] JR: Oh... stunner! Stunner! Stone Cold just stunned the owner of the WWF! King: No! He did it again! Mr McMahon... somebody help him! Mr McMahon! JR: How in the hell is the WWF going to survive with the Rattlesnake as its champion? ------ [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/OwenHart.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/SavioVega.jpg[/IMG] [B]‘The Black Hart’ Owen Hart v Savio Vega[/B][/CENTER] *we join the match near its conclusion* JR: Savio... off the ropes... up and over Owen, here’s a roll up... 1-2... Owen kicks out... Savoir off the second rope... crossbody, hooks the leg, 1... 2... and Owen kicks out. King: JR, how great was it last night when Triple H bet Owen Hart for the European Title? I mean that is exactly what that damn nugget deserved. JR: I didn’t think it was all that great when Triple H stole the title. King: Stole? What are you talking about? JR: Chyna interfered to help Triple H. Owen was all set to put Triple H away until she got involved, as Owen takes Savio down with a suplex. King: Yeah but he can’t get the cover. Savio’s taken too much out of him. JR: Both men have given a lot to this match. Owen... nails Savio with a right hand... Savio off the ropes... spinning heel kick! Owen connects, hooks the leg... 1... 2... 3! And Owen Hart gets the win, and gets right back on track after Wrestlemania. King: I doesn’t matter JR. He’s still not the European Champion anymore, and that’s what counts. [B]Owen Hart beat Savio Vega (B)[/B] ------- JR: Well ladies and gentlemen, great athletes are making their way towards the WWF, including this man... [CENTER][/CENTER] King: JR did you hear that? Val Venis is coming! JR: Yeah I heard it King. And right now... Jeff Jarrett and his manager, Jim Cornette, are making their way down towards the ring. King: And JR, we were both here last week when Double J gave Steve Blackman his first loss in the WWF. JR: Well... Jarrett got a huge assist from Cornette and that tennis racket last week... [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/JimCornette.jpg[/IMG] Cornette: I have a question for y’all. Why was the greatest entertainer in the World not on the Wrestlemania card last night? I mean, Double J is a former Intercontinental Champion, a former NWA Heavyweight Champion. This is the man who last week on Raw gave Steve Blackman his first loss. I mean... ain’t he great? [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/JeffJarrett.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/FlashFunk.jpg[/IMG] [B]‘Double J’ Jeff Jarrett v Flash Funk[/B][/CENTER] *we join the match near its conclusion* JR: Flash Funk... off the top rope... nobody home! Funk went for it all with that splash but Jarrett got himself out of harm’s way. King: You know Jim Cornette is right, Double J should’ve been at Wrestlemania. JR: Well I’m not in charge of those things. Jarrett now... goes to work on Funk’s knee. Jarrett... wait, Funk with a roll-up... 1... 2... and Jarrett kicks out. King: Whew! That was almost an... JR: Funk with a victory roll now, 1... 2... and again Jarrett kicks out. And... oh! Jarrett with a low blow. The ref never saw it. King: That’s it JR. It’s over! JR: Jarrett... looking for the figure four... King: He’s got it on! JR: Jarrett with the figure four... and it’s over. Funk had to give up. Jarrett wins with the figure four... and Jarrett is on a roll now. King: Two straight wins for Double J now and... JR: Wait... it’s Blackman! [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/SteveBlackman.jpg[/IMG] King: What does he want? Jarrett beat him fair and square last week. JR: Blackman is kicking ass here! Blackman... uh oh... Cornette just hit Blackman with that tennis racket again. King: Uh... Jim! Get out of there! JR: Jarrett is heading for the hills... and Cornette is running like a scalded dog! [B]Jeff Jarrett beat Flash Funk (B-)[/B] ------ *we cut backstage to Vince McMahon and the Corporate Stooges* [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/VinceMcMahon.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/GeraldBrisco.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/PatPatterson.jpg[/IMG] Patterson: Are you OK Mr McMahon? Brisco: What are we gonna do Mr Mackman? Vince: Oh don’t worry... I’ll take care of Austin. Infact... I have a Stone Cold surprise for him. JR: What the hell does he mean by that? King: I don’t know but I bet it’s going to be great! [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TheRock.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Farooq.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/KenShamrock.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Vader.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Rock and Farooq v Ken Shamrock and Vader[/B][/CENTER] *we join the match near its conclusion* King: The Rock is a star in the making JR. Farooq has done nothing but hold him back. JR: The Nation has been good for The Rock. He’s the current Intercontinental Champion, but his attitude stinks and Farooq is trying to teach this young man an thing or two about respect. King: He’s jealous, that’s exactly what it is. JR: Well... Vader is teaching Farooq a thing or two in the corner right now with those clubbing punches. Farooq sent to the corner... Vader with a big splash. Farooq goes down, as the tag is made. Here comes Shamrock. King: And look at The Rock. He’s disgusted by this display from Farooq. JR: Shamrock now... sends Farooq off the ropes... Farooq ducks the clothesline... oh! Farooq with a real hard clothesline, takes Shamrock down. King: Now do the right thing Farooq and tag in The Rock. JR: And... Farooq... looking to make the tag but... King: Finally The Rock has had enough of Farooq! JR: The Rock is leaving this match! He’s just bailed on Farooq and... oh, from behind... ankle lock! Shamrock has the ankle lock on! King: Thank goodness The Rock had the sense to walk away before Shamrock could cause him anymore more damage. The Rock is a real smart guy... JR: The Rock is a coward! Farooq is tapping... this thing is over. Shamrock and Vader win, but what is going on within the Nation? [B]Ken Shamrock and Vader beat The Rock and Farooq (C+)[/B] ------- [I][B]ARE YOU READY?[/B][/I] King: Oh man! JR: Well folks... it seems that the big announcement we were expecting from DX is about to happen right now. Here comes Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Chyna. King: And you’ll notice that snake Mike Tyson is nowhere to be seen... [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TripleHDX.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/ShawnMichaelsDX.jpg[/IMG] Shawn: Now... first of all, I just want to say, Mike Tyson... if I ever see you set foot in a WWF ring again, I’ll show you just who the baddest man on the plant is! Second, I got to say to Steve Austin... that last night, I dropped the ball. But at Unforgiven, I drop the hammer! I got a rematch with you Austin, and I am getting back my WWF Title. HHH: But now, we have some other business to take care of. Myself and Shawn have taken the decision that we’re through playing games. DX is getting serious, DX is taking the game to a higher level. And right now, I’d like introduce to you the latest additions to the DX Army... [B][I]OH YOU DIDN’T KNOW[/I][/B] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/RoadDoggDX.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/BillyGunnDX.jpg[/IMG] JR: What? King: The Outlaws? JR: These guys are the newest members of DX? Shawn: We are going to take over the WWF. You want to start a fight with DX? Well you want some... come get some! HHH: And if you’re not down with that, we got two words for ya... [I][B]SUCK IT[/B][/I] --------- [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Kama.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/SteveBlackman.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kama Mustafa v ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman[/B][/CENTER] *we join the match near its conclusion* JR: Kama sent to the corner... and Blackman with those educated feet, taking it to Kama. King: JR... what do you think is going on with The Rock and Farooq backstage? JR: I don’t know. The rest of The Nation is out here supporting Kama, but The Rock and Farooq are conspicuous by their absence. King: I bet The Rock is telling Farooq he’s had enough of him holding The Rock back. JR: I don’t think that true but anyway... Kama back in charge now... hard shot to the back of Blackman. Kama sends Blackman across... and he runs into a shoulder block. King: You know Kama is a really big guy. I mean he can do some damage in there. JR: He’s a bear no doubt. Kama now... sends Blackman off the ropes... Blackman locks on a sleeper! Blackman... taking Kama down. King: C’mon Kama! JR: The big guy is fading here and... hey! What the... what the hell is Jarrett doing out here? [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/JeffJarrett.jpg[/IMG] King: Yes. Good. This is exactly what Blackman deserves. JR: Jarrett assaulting Steve Blackman... and now The Nation getting involved. Wait... Mark Henry... oh! Henry with a splash on Blackman. The Nation and Jeff Jarrett have left Blackman decimated in the ring. King: Good. You can’t put your hands on Double J and get away with it. [B]Steve Blackman beat Kama Mustafa by DQ (C+)[/B] -------- JR: Welcome back folks, and as you can see, we are being joined once again by Mr McMahon. King: I hope his neck is alright after what happened earlier. JR: Are you after a raise or something King? [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/VinceMcMahon.jpg[/IMG] Vince: Austin... I gave you a chance to do things my way, and you chose otherwise. Therefore, tonight, in this very ring, you are going to defend that WWF Title... in a cage match against Kane! JR: What? How the hell can he do that? King: Cos he’s the boss, that’s why! ------- [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TripleHDX.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TerryFunk.jpg[/IMG] [B]Triple H v Chainsaw Charlie[/B][/CENTER] *we join the match near its conclusion* JR: Dammit! Now c’mon! This is getting ridiculous now. Chyna is distracting the referee, and Road Dog and Billy Gunn are attacking Chainsaw behind his back. Somebody get these jerks out of here. King: JR you heard Shawn Michaels and Triple H earlier. Nothing is going to stop the DX Army from taking over around here. JR: Yeah but they’ve got no business being out here. The Outlaws cheated to beat Chainsaw and Cactus last night, and now they’re cheating to help Triple H win tonight. King: Triple H doesn’t need any help to beat that old fool. JR: Well he doesn’t need any help now. Chainsaw is out. He is done in the middle of the ring and he is... well now Triple H going for a cover... 1... 2... and Chainsaw kicks out! Chainsaw kicks out! King: What is wrong with this crazy old moron. Does he like punishment or something? JR: Triple H... throwing Chainsaw back to the floor... and he’s distracting the ref again! He ref! You got to... hey... wait... King: What? [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/CactusJack.jpg[/IMG] JR: It’s Cactus Jack! Cactus is here! And he’s taking it to DX! King: What is that crazy idiot doing out here? It’s two on four, five if you count Chyna. JR: That doesn’t matter to these two. They’ve never met a fight they didn’t like. Cactus and Chainsaw are raising hell out here! King: JR... look! [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/X-Pac.jpg[/IMG] JR: What the hell is he doing back here? Oh! He just nailed Cactus Jack with that chair! Dammit! What the hell is this? What is he doing back here? King: JR... is he part of the DX Army too? JR: Don’t tell me that punk is part of DX now? [B]Triple H and Chainsaw Charlie ended in a no contest (C+)[/B] ---------- JR: Ladies and gentlemen... it has been a wild night to say the least. King: And it’s about to get even worse for Stone Cold! JR: The cage is being.... oh now what? King: Well... here comes Kane! JR: Kane... who ran his brother The Undertaker to the limit last night. And it looks like Paul Bearer has something to say... [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/PaulBearer.jpg[/IMG] Bearer: Undertaker... did you think that after you beat Kane last night, that it was over? Kane is the only man to ever kick out of your tombstone. You may have won the battle Undertaker, but you will lose the war. Undertaker... I challenge you to step into hell with your brother! I challenge you to step into a ring surrounded with flames! I challenge you to an Inferno Match at Unforgiven! To win this match Undertaker... the lose will have to be set on fire! I will see you burn Undertaker... and the world will see you burn in hell! King: Oh my God JR! JR: I’ve... I’ve never heard of such a thing. An inferno match? [CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/SteveAustin.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Kane.jpg[/IMG] [B]WWF Title Cage Match ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin v Kane[/B][/CENTER] JR: Austin... driven head first into that steel structure. Kane has been dominant in this match. Could he become the WWF Champion tonight? King: He better if he wants to stay on the good side of Mr McMahon. JR: Kane now... scoops Austin up... is he going for a tombstone? King: Yes! JR: No! Austin reverses... stun... no.. Kane reverses that... King: He’s got him up! JR: No! Tombstone! Tombstone! King: Yes! He did it! Mr McMahon has taken back the title just one night after Austin won it! JR: I can’t believe it! We’re about to have a... hey... wait... [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/TheUndertaker.jpg[/IMG] King: The Undertaker! JR: The Undertaker through the bottom of the ring! He’s dragging Kane down with him! Undertaker... taking Kane... King: Look at Austin! JR: Austin’s climbing the cage! Austin is over the top.... Austin wins! Austin is still the champion. The Undertaker just cost Kane the title! King: No! But... but... Mr McMahon! JR: Screw McMahon! Austin is the champion! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! [B]‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin beat Kane to retain the WWF Title (B)[/B] ------- [SIZE="1"]Owen Hart beat Savio Vega (B) Jeff Jarrett beat Flash Funk (B-) Ken Shamrock and Vader beat The Rock and Farooq (C+) Steve Blackman beat Kama Mustafa (C+) Triple H and Chainsaw Charlie ended in a no contest (C+) ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin beat Kane to retain the WWF Title (B)[/SIZE] [B]Overall: B[/B]

[QUOTE=ultimatenoob;447504]Awesome, some great storylines coming through. Even if they do involve Steve f'n Blackman[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ColtCabana;447508]Lol, Blackman wasn't bad. Just remember his tag team with Al Snow Head-Cheese! Good start to the diary btw.[/QUOTE] Thanks guys. Blackman has some good stats so I may as well use him. Shame he has less personality than a manequin head, but hey-ho. [QUOTE=The Human Cancer;447599]5/6 Good! :D However, nice start![/QUOTE] Thanks and well done to you!

[B]Tuesday, March 31, 1998 Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY 12am[/B] [I]“Alright. Not bad at all.”[/I] The first Raw under my direction was over. I was pretty pleased with how it went, and judging from what he just said, Mr. McMahon seemed pleased too. I had just ended a post-show meeting with Russo and Ed when Vince entered the room. Russo left with a scowl on his face. He clearly wasn’t happy with how things had gone. I still had some doubts over what exactly was going on. I mean… I felt like I still didn’t have an answer as to why I was in charge now. [I]“Yeah it was good.” [/I] I felt that if I was in charge, sitting in the corner and keeping quiet wasn’t going to be enough anymore. [I]“It was good to set a few things up for the future.”[/I] I was still stuck with some of the things Russo had put in place, but I was looking to put my stamp on things. [I]“Good. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow at the office. We’ve got a few things to talk about.” [/I] We did, and one of them was the roster. I had a few ideas of who to get rid of, but I didn’t have a clue who we could bring in to replace them. We needed wrestlers with better basic skills, but with us being at war with WCW, that was harder than it sounded. [I]“I’ll be there. Hey Vince… I was just wondering… what was the real reason you took Russo off the book?” [/I] Hey gave me a laugh, like he knew I had rumbled him. [I]“Haha. I guessed you wouldn’t buy the whole face or heel thing. Listen, you don’t need to know that right now. I’ll let you know sooner or later. Get back to the hotel, get some rest. I’ll see you tomorrow.”[/I] And with that he was gone. I was left alone in the room we’d been using as the creative room that day. It had certainly been a interesting day. But I knew it could only get more interesting from here on out. I packed up my things and made my way to the door. I walked along the corridor, seeing some of the ring crew finishing packing things up. I said a few goodbyes and headed for the parking lot. I grabbed my keys and opened the back door. I put down my bag and closed the door. Just as I went to get in the drivers seat, my cell phone started ringing. I knew the number straight away. It was the man who I hoped to make my first signing. As soon as I’d submitted my finished script to Vince, I made a few calls. I managed to track down the number of a guy who I thought could give us the edge we were looking for. He was a WCW guy, but he hadn’t been used by them on TV for weeks. I’d heard he’d had a falling out with Bischoff over the way he was being used. His contract was coming due and it looked like he wasn’t going to re-sign. After tracking down his number, I gave him call as soon as Raw started. I knew he wouldn’t be busy wrestling that night. [I]“I was wondering when you’d get back to me. Listen, I’d love to have you here. We’re looking to turn up the heat here, and you could be a big part of that. If we do it properly, you could make a huge impact.”[/I] [I]“That’s the effect I’d be looking to make…” [/I]

[QUOTE=The Human Cancer;447709]Can you post WCW and ECW's results or do a newsletter like Wrestling Observer? [/QUOTE] Sure can dude, although the observer has a role in the backstory part of this, so I'll save that logo for elsewhere. ;)

[QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Logos/wcw2.jpg[/IMG] [B]Monday Night Nitro[/B] came from Minute Maid Park in the Mid South region. The results were: Yuji Nagata beat Norman Smiley Ultimo Dragon beat Alex Wright Van Hammer beat Rocco Rock John Tenta beat Villano V Davey Boy Smith beat The Giant And the main event saw Hollywood Hogan and Scott Hall defeat Harlem Heat The show received a [B]B-[/B] rating[/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r268/i2theain/TEW%2098/Logos/ECW.jpg[/IMG] [B]ECW Hardcore TV[/B] came from Alumni Hall in the Tri State region Tommy Rogers kicked things off with a win over Ian Rotten Mikey Whipwreck won a four way against Tracy Smothers, Justin Credible and Big Dick Dudley The Sandman scored a win over D-Von Dudley and the main event saw Bam Bam Bigelow beat Tommy Dreamer The show scored a [B]C[/B] rating[/CENTER][/QUOTE] So [B]Raw[/B] and it's [B]B[/B] rating won the battle this week.

Archived