More Questions

I believe that I once read that one had the option of using illegal moves and "cheating" within the ring. Could you expand upon this? What sorts of dirty tricks can one pull and are there any disadvantages to them? Basically, is there a strategy behind cheating? Also, can one intentionally injure another wrestler, either directly by attempting a particular move or by driving their physical condition down unnecessarily low before pinning them? If so, would there be any repercussions? (I'm getting the feeling that subconsciously, I want to play a heel...)

Every move has a "cheating" rating. So something like Blatant Low Blow would have a High rating, whereas Clothesline would have a None rating. The advantage is that the cheating moves are generally quite powerful, and so using them helps win matches. The drawback is that the referee has the power to DQ you if you get caught too often. No, you can't purposely injure a wrestler, due to the non-kayfabe nature of the game. A stretcher job after "intentionally injuring" someone in a kayfabe world is a good way to build up a feud, but purposely hurting someone in a shoot environment would be a whole different thing.

Archived