GCG No Fiction Allowed

I was a troublemaker for sure while growing up. My dad was in the military and we were always moving around. Born in Puerto Rico, then moved to Florida and then Georgia. The only thing that kept me from going to juvie was wrestling. At 15, we moved to Japan. The wrestling there was awesome. I was lucky enough to stumble onto a wrestling dojo one day and that is where I learned the language and how to wrestle in the Japanese style. When I hit 18, I applied for my wrestling license and was lucky enough to pass the test(written and physical). So you can imagine how surprised I was when I got contacted by Hanshiro Furusawa and was offered a spot on the roster. Even further, he was offering me the chance to run the book too. I can't tell you how many times I bowed that day. I was confronted the day before the show with an email from the owner. He had given me 3 items of concentration. First of them was that I could not let GCG fall below # 11 in the promotion rankings for 2 years. Presently we are ranked eleventh. That's a bit scary as a little screwup and we can be 12th or worse. Secondly, for 20 months I can't hire any babies. Meaning, only tough guys need apply. Lastly, for 18 months I can only hire people who aren't injury prone. So the only one that scares me is having to maintain our ranking given it's a website ranking that can be pretty fickle. Nonetheless, I'm ready to meet the challenge. Now we join the tour already in progress: GCG Respect Tour Dark Match Dark Match Shingen Miyazaki VS Takayuki 2000 Ikina/Tayama(C) VS Samoan Destruction Inc. Kiminobu Kuroki VS Nathan Coleman Hiroyasu Gakusha VS Jimmy Cox Naonobu Murkami VS Toshiharu Hyobanshi Jack Marlowe VS Pistol Pete Hall(C)

Wednesday Week 1 January 2008 GCG Respect Tour Kinki Doshisha Athletic Center Attendance:[B]1000[/B] SELLOUT!!! Dark Match:[B]D-[/B] Dark Match:[B]D[/B] [B]Shingen Miyazaki VS Takayuki 2000[/B] Very good opener for the DVD. Takayuki 2000 getting the win almost 10 minutes in. [B]C[/B] [B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship[/B] [B]Ikina/Tayama(C) VS Samoan Destruction Inc.[/B] I got so many improvement notes during tis match that I want to pair them up again. Rhino Charge allowed Shotaro Ikina to be pinned and give us new GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. The match could have been better.... [B]D+[/B] [B]Kiminobu Kuroki VS Nathan Coleman[/B] Not a lot to be said about this match except that it ended with Kuroki getting the win. Almost 12 minutes that the fans said was ehh. [B]D+[/B] [B]Hiroyasu Gakusha VS Jimmy Cox[/B] Now these boys really went at it in the ring. The crowd was the loudest of the night so far. Gakusha Golen Bomb almost 13 mintues in gives Hiroyasu the win. [B]C+[/B] [B]Naonobu Murkami VS Toshiharu Hyobanshi[/B] How good would this have been if Murkami wasn't off his game?? 15:22 that saw it end via a Nova Bomb Redux. Hyobanshi with the win. [B]C+[/B] [B]GCG World Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]Jack Marlowe VS Pistol Pete Hall(C)[/B] Match of the night despite PPH being tired at the end of it. He still had enough left to win via the Pistol Whip Lariat. The crowd dug it and so did I. [B]B-[/B] [B]Post-match handshake[/B] Pistol Pete having defended his title, offers his hand to Jack Marlowe. Jack showing good sportsmanship, shakes Pete's hand. [B]C+[/B] Show Rating:[B]C+[/B]

No problems in the locker room. However, I got hit with 1 more hiring restriction Thursday morning. 16 months of people who can go 12 minutes and not be sucking air. I had a couple of workers who wanted to sit out the Friday show, so I went to work on the card down 2 workers. Here is what I came up with. Dark Match Eagle Kawasawa VS Shingen Miyazaki Barry Griffin VS Harumi Okazawaya(C) Jack Marlowe VS Stuart Ferdinand Hiroyasu Gakusha VS Naonobu Murkami Pistol Pete Hall(C) VS Shotaro Ikina Toshiharu Hyobanshi VS Yasuhide Tayama

Archived