Why the secrets?

Indirectly I suppose... [QUOTE=Cooleyvol]If you'll read Arlie's above post, he states that a playable demo (which will come out prior to release) will not be out by Friday. I'd say that answers your question.[/QUOTE] I was hoping for a more direct and informative answer such as, it has been delayed until late October etc. I mean it was Arlie that had the Q3 date up for the date to be completed. Oh well same old same old.... I remember how excited I was for TPF and what a huge let down that was. I am much more guarded this time with my optimism. It doesn't help when the dates keep slipping and we never know until three weeks later, that I will never embrace nor think is ok just because it was the software industry does. Man I should try that excuse on my boss, "The annual report will be complete and out when it is ready and not a day before, I don't care what date I promised it too you"...... :rolleyes:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arlie already said:[quote]no official date has been announced[/quote][quote]Again, a quarter announcement is meant for a ballpark.[/quote] In other words, the release date hasn't changed, because there never was one. ;) They said the game should be released in Q3, but if it's released early in Q4 that's still in the same ballpark, imo. I can respect that you just want to know if the game is delayed and don't care the reasons, but Arlie already gave you an answer. [i]There is no release date.[/i] brad

[QUOTE=Celts-Sonics Fan]Man I should try that excuse on my boss, "The annual report will be complete and out when it is ready and not a day before, I don't care what date I promised it too you"...... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] But Arlie has no deadline other that the one he sets for himself. Q3 was obviously a soft deadline that won't be met. He'll most likely update once he has a better idea of a new soft deadline. And I want this game to come out soon just like everyone else. But in my case it's because I want him to then focus on more important things like a pro football game. :)

Can some of you people not read and understand proper English?? The game will be out when Arlie feels it is ready to be released. How hard is that to understand? Quit frikkin bugging him about it, and learn the meaning of the word patience. No release date was ever mentioned, so get over it already. As Arlie clearly stated, the Q3 was nothing more than a ballpark guess, and a demo will come out a week or so before the actual game. The question has been answered, and answered, and answered again, so READ the answer, and give it up already.

[QUOTE=sportsfanmas]Can some of you people not read and understand proper English?? The game will be out when Arlie feels it is ready to be released. How hard is that to understand? Quit frikkin bugging him about it, and learn the meaning of the word patience. No release date was ever mentioned, so get over it already. As Arlie clearly stated, the Q3 was nothing more than a ballpark guess, and a demo will come out a week or so before the actual game. The question has been answered, and answered, and answered again, so READ the answer, and give it up already.[/QUOTE] Sorry dude, but coming in here to insult people isn't a way to get people to stop wondering if the game will be out when it was originally intended to come out. As a potential customer, it is our right to wonder when a title will be out, and whether it will make it out on time. It's as simple as that. If you don't understand that, that's your problem, not anyone elses. If Q3 was a "ballpark" guess, he might as well have just said Fall 2005, as that gives him a nice window during the football season. Some people have limited funds to spend on their gaming preferences, and I don't think it's unreasonable for people to ask when a game might me moved to guage whether or not they want to spend their money on that game, or move on to another game. If it truly will be not released to at least sometime in October, it would be better served for Arlie to mention that, instead of leaving it vague, or run the risk of potential customers to spend their money on someone else's product.

Greydog started this by establishing a date..... [QUOTE=sportsfanmas]Can some of you people not read and understand proper English?? The game will be out when Arlie feels it is ready to be released. How hard is that to understand? Quit frikkin bugging him about it, and learn the meaning of the word patience. No release date was ever mentioned, so get over it already. As Arlie clearly stated, the Q3 was nothing more than a ballpark guess, and a demo will come out a week or so before the actual game. The question has been answered, and answered, and answered again, so READ the answer, and give it up already.[/QUOTE] Read this quote from this WebSite: Bowl Bound College Football is scheduled for a Q3 release and will be made available for digital download exclusively through Grey Dog Software for U.S. $34.95. For now, you can review the Bowl Bound FAQ, Features List and Screenshots. For all of the latest updates, be sure to check out the Bowl Bound News page. In the dictionary I read, scheduled means a date is established, said date being Q3!! Not maybe or possibly or in the ballpark. I believe that the people that want some clarification about this date, are not angry or upset as you seem to be. We just want some definition to Q3 or not, and if not what would be the new "scheduled" date? The customers have every right to request this, especially since Arlie established the scheduled date in the first place. I for one am not thrilled with the practice of establishing a "soft" date and then having no accountability to keeping it. Especially considering the TPF debacle, just kidding, it wasn't that bad but it also wasn't that good. I would be asking the same question of Markus if OOTPBM did not come out until next summer instead of the spring like he now says it will. However perhaps I would have more "patience" for him especially with his track record (excellent). Arlie, I truly hope that BowlBound is the most incredible and enjoyable college football simulation ever made (to this point). However should there be problems with it ala TPF, please expect the fallout, regardless what your fanboys may say in your defense. We pay our $34.95 and we get to voice our opinions. Nuff Said!

[QUOTE=Celts-Sonics Fan]Read this quote from this WebSite: Arlie, I truly hope that BowlBound is the most incredible and enjoyable college football simulation ever made (to this point). However should there be problems with it ala TPF, please expect the fallout, regardless what your fanboys may say in your defense. We pay our $34.95 and we get to voice our opinions. Nuff Said![/QUOTE] I don't get it; you havent paid your 34.95 for it yet and he's basically told us that it won't be out until after the end of the month for sure. What else do you guys want? Arlie, why not just say it so that everyone can understand-- BB won't be out by Q3. Maybe then, this thread will see some peace and quiet.

For the record, to those fanboys who believe coming on here and ACTING like you don't care that there has been a cut and dry time span in which we were given for this game, but instead are defending Arlie in hopes that you'll get a discount on the price of the game.. it's not going to happen. ;) So return to your regularly scheduled anger. Thank you

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol]MikeD, He DID mention that a demo wouldnt be out by month's end. He also mentioned that a demo would preceed release of the game. I take from those two statements, that release won't be until at least some time in October.[/QUOTE] Problem with that Cooley, is not everyone goes to the messageboard to read that. If you just go to the main page, and look at the Bowl Bound page, you would be under the impresion that the release would be imminent.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol] Arlie, why not just say it so that everyone can understand-- BB won't be out by Q3. Maybe then, this thread will see some peace and quiet.[/QUOTE] That's precisely what this thread is looking for. I'm glad you finally see it. All the poster wanted was to know if the title was going to be out by the end of the month or not. All this going around in circles without a definitive answer from Arlie on way or the other is the reason why this thread is still going.

[QUOTE=Mike D]That's precisely what this thread is looking for. I'm glad you finally see it. All the poster wanted was to know if the title was going to be out by the end of the month or not. All this going around in circles without a definitive answer from Arlie on way or the other is the reason why this thread is still going.[/QUOTE] So what Arlie has said is that it wont be out by the end of Q3. Ok, How far behind his "soft" schedule is he?Are we looking at a couple weeks or a couple months? That is all I would like to know. I was a programmer 15 years ago and as a SQL server dba today I deal with programmers everyday so I know they have some idea of how much more work is envolved in finishing a product. Yes, they can't say it will be exactly 15 more hours of coding. However, they can say if it is going to be a week, a month or 6 months. Especially if they have been working on a project for 6-9 months or longer and the orginal projected release is 10 days away. It is just the fact that Arlie has made a business decision not to release that information. It is his business and he can do as he wishes. I personally don't agree with that business decision but it is his to make. Just like it is my right as a customer to ask about a projected release date. Yes, I have't bought the product yet but I am sure I will the day that it comes out.

This thread is the PERFECT example of why GreyDog DOESN'T set a release date in stone until the game is 99% done. Say Arlie did say the game was going to be released on Oct. 10th. On September 28th, 40 people would be hounding him with the time-old tradition of "Is it done yet???????" Then on Oct. 9th, everyone would be demanding the release RIGHT NOW since it would have to be done by then to be ready for the next day, right? Then, if something happened like, Jackson (the baby)got a cold or something and the game was delayed a day or three, everyone would be clamoring for his head for failing to deliver the game on the specific day he promised reasons be danged. So, if you have to spend your money by Oct. 1st lest it vanish from disuse, go buy some other game. Bowl Bound will still be here when you have money again. Everyone now knows the game isn't coming out by Sept. 30th, so close the thread.

Well said smartman, well said. I'm so glad somebody agrees with me. We know it's not coming out relatively soon, so if you don't have the patience to wait on it, go spend your money on some other game. It's not like this game is going anywhere when it does get released. So let's end this thread before we have even more unnecessary arguments.

Guys, the game will not be out by the end of the month. The next couple weeks of testing will determine how far into October the release will end up being. As Smartman said, I don't want to set an arbitrary date until I am 110% sure the game will be ready at that time. I certainly get this process can be frustrating, but my number one goal is making sure the game is ready. If that means that we go a couple weeks (or more) past the initial time window, then that's what has to be done. As we get closer to the demo, I will try and get your guys more info (and screens). All I can ask from you guys is that you try and be patient. The Beta team is doing a phenominal job of finding issues and we are working to correct them ASAP.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]Guys, the game will not be out by the end of the month. The next couple weeks of testing will determine how far into October the release will end up being. As Smartman said, I don't want to set an arbitrary date until I am 110% sure the game will be ready at that time. I certainly get this process can be frustrating, but my number one goal is making sure the game is ready. If that means that we go a couple weeks (or more) past the initial time window, then that's what has to be done. As we get closer to the demo, I will try and get your guys more info (and screens). All I can ask from you guys is that you try and be patient. The Beta team is doing a phenominal job of finding issues and we are working to correct them ASAP.[/QUOTE] Thank you Arlie!! This is the kind of update I have been after all along. Now I know more of where the game stands. Now what I would like to see from a customer stand point (since you have said "after a couple of weeks of testing") is an update after those couple of weeks as to how the testing progress is going.

Wow! That's pretty much all you do is bitch, isn't it? Everybody knows by now the game isn't coming out until later, why the need to update on the website? If it's that big a deal to you, why don't you ask Arlie how to do it, and do it yourself? Or better yet, you create a game when you've got 50 million people bugging you about "When is it gonna be out? I have no patience, I've got to play it now, whether it is bugged or not." Geez man, get a life.

[QUOTE=sportsfanmas]Wow! That's pretty much all you do is bitch, isn't it? Everybody knows by now the game isn't coming out until later, why the need to update on the website? If it's that big a deal to you, why don't you ask Arlie how to do it, and do it yourself? Or better yet, you create a game when you've got 50 million people bugging you about "When is it gonna be out? I have no patience, I've got to play it now, whether it is bugged or not." Geez man, get a life.[/QUOTE] I already said it once in this thread, but I'll say it again for you, this time in big bold letters. [size=1][b]NOT EVERYONE GOES TO THE MESSAGEBOARDS!!!! SOME PEOPLE ONLY VISIT THE WEBSITE!!!!![/b][/size]

50 Million!!! How much is Arlie paying you? [QUOTE=sportsfanmas]Wow! That's pretty much all you do is bitch, isn't it? Everybody knows by now the game isn't coming out until later, why the need to update on the website? If it's that big a deal to you, why don't you ask Arlie how to do it, and do it yourself? Or better yet, you create a game when you've got 50 million people bugging you about "When is it gonna be out? I have no patience, I've got to play it now, whether it is bugged or not." Geez man, get a life.[/QUOTE] I am truly sorry (not really) but I think it is so cute how the "fanboys" get so upset when someone dares to bring constructive criticism to their hero Arlie. They get so worked up that all logic and reason is lost, sometimes I can imagine their eyes bulging and their mouth frothing as they type out their retort. What other way can you explain the "50 million people" comment! I mean really I could see stretching the number to maybe 50,000 people for affect but 50,000,000!! :eek: Now really don't you see how that loses all credibility for your "pithy" comeback? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=sportsfanmas]TC Dale and Danny, I don't know what the history is with BigDawg, but it seems to me he's perfectly in control. He knows what he's talking about. If you ask me, Mike D and Celts-Sonicsfan need to be banned, because they are doing nothing but making negative comments about the game, of which we don't need. For the sake of the board, I've placed them both on ignore. that way they can't piss me off anymore than they already have, and I don't have to get into a flaming war with them. :)[/QUOTE] Please show me a negative comment on the game that I made. I want the game as badly as the next guy, that's why I wanted to know the release date.

Archived