Why the secrets?

SECRETS ???? I think people have been pretty open with us. They were asked for an "idea when" the game was to be released - that is where Q3 came. They published a few screens and we could see it was going to be an interesting game. They continued to listen to "our" ideas and develop and expand the game. They stated that the game was being tested , Arlie told us his wife was having a baby, now we are told that this isn't his fulltime job (SURPRISE) - it is a new company and we are getting first release games. The game will be out - Scott, Arlie , and others with Greydog have produced in the past and have provided Mods and updates . I can wait for the game if a few weeks or couple of Months means I can not afford the game ; maybe I shouldn't buy it now. I don't understand secrets (??) I think we have been told a lot .... just NOT A FIRM DATE. Sorry about the name - I edited so as not to upset anyone (?).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=GeoWar]SECRETS ???? I think people have been pretty open with us. They were asked for an "idea when" the game was to be released - that is where Q3 came. They published a few screens and we could see it was going to be an interesting game. They continued to listen to "our" ideas and develop and expand the game. They stated that the game was being tested , Artie told us his wife was having a baby, now we are told that this isn't his fulltime job (SURPRISE) - it is a new company and we are getting first release games.[/QUOTE] Who's Artie? Is the multimillionare who wants to get married with Marge Simpson? :D Some of us know long long time ago that this isn't the main job of "Artie", so no surprise. Arlie knews when he started to develop the game that his wife was having a baby and that he has another full time job, so no excuses. He only gaves us some info when the people started to complain. It was only after the complaints when the Q3 release date was removed. IMO Arlie could be more open with us. [QUOTE=Scott Vibert]Adam and Gary have done a tremendous job with their products, they should be applauded for their efforts and some outstanding games[/QUOTE] Amen. TPB 2005 is my favourite sim game of this two last years. Oh, and thanks for the info.

Well Hell, I have never laughed so hard in quite along time before reading this thread. You just gotta love all the "fanboys" sticking up for Arlie's lack of customer skills. I could really care less if this game ever comes out, cause I probably won't do more than download the demo ever. Unless there eventually ends up being a kickass real world mod made. But after being on this board for both Adam Ryland's wrestling games and Gary Gorski's TPB, I can't understand why none of their skills for dealing with potential customers have rubbed off on Arlie? They both do tremendous jobs at updating on the process of making the games, and the updates to the games. Everyone went ballistic in this thread attacking other people because they thought this was about a release date. If Arlie and Greydog truly want to see how they should be keeping their potential customers updated on things, they need look no farther than the forums for Rave X. Phil Parent and Jeff Cartwright did an incredible job keeping the public updated on their progress in putting out a real life mod for Tew 2005. I personally think Greydog should require all game developers to post a weekly column on the progress of the game they are making. It would only take 10+ mins a week and they could greatly improve the quality of interactions between themselves and the customer base. Allowing your customers to be flamed by the members of the board that think they are important because they have no life and are around the forums 24/7 is a huge disadvantage to creating a bigger customer base. and The fact that Arlie can't seem to give any more detailed report on the progress of the game, other than it's in the hands of beta testers is a total disgrace. and I am sure I will be flamed for the post. But really who gives two craps. I have more to life to think about than what some idiots on a message board think of me. But if you lose the "fanboy" mentality and think about what I just said you will see there's some sense behind these thoughts.

Honestly, the lack of patience people have displayed here never ceases to amaze me. Can't call me a FANBOY as I have never purcahsed one of Arlie's games, but I am willing to wait for what I see is potential to be an awesome game. Honestly, not only working full time, running a business, writing code AND DEALING WITH A NEWBORN, is more than enough for any person. It will be done when it's done, and nothing anyone says or does will force or allow the speed up of the game to happen. Untie the panties you all have in a knot, sit back, and relax.

Why does a person that plays wrestling games care about a college football game? Go back to the TEW forums and hoot and holler for your sports entertainment game (Remember the 'wrasslin ain't real), its like a plague with you people, whine, whine, whine, how Arlie decides to deal with his business (BTW-NGW GDS is owned by Arlie) is his business and no amount of stomping your feet and whining will make him change.

Ohh I know you're right. But the difference is, that doesn't make it right! Arlie is crappy at dealing with his potential customers. That seems to be a fact not an opinion. and Comparing GDS to EA is absolutely nuts. EA could p.iss all over their customers and they'd still buy because there's such a built in fan base from all the previous versions of their games. and While GDS is making strides as the biggest maker of Sim Games, that's still nothing more than a niche market. So maybe instead of bashing me for not joining the "fanboys" in their undying support of their favorite developer, if we all gave GDS ideas for making themselves a better company, then GDS could truly become the dominant force in the Sim game market. I can't see how a weekley column that would take less than thirty minutes a week, would really be that much of a big deal to provide the potential customer base with information on the game being created. Hell once the game went to beta testing, some of the testers could even guest write the weekly column? This would allow GDS to seperate themselves from the rest of the gaming making community, not just the Sim game making community. and Would that really be a bad thing? and To the guy asking if EA gives such updates? Is EA really the company that GDS should strive to be? God, I hope not! I would like to see one game making company that truly listens and cares about the wishes of their customer base!

[QUOTE=MacroGuru]Ok....quick question... Does EA Sports provide you information each step of the way for every game they develop?[/QUOTE] No, but can you go on any game website and get a preview of the Madden for the 360 including hundreds of screenshots? Yes. So, what's your point. As a matter of fact, IGN has had 8 updates to the Madden 360 page since Oct. 1. We've had 1 update in the last 5 weeks. Sorry, but don't use EA as an example. And before anyone says, well EA has hundreds of programmers, I wasn't the one who brought them up.

EA Sports deals with video games, GDS deals with computer games. That's a BIG difference. A lot more people are interested in video games than computer games. Not that it's a big deal, but it's a lot easier to get information when you have dozens of sites that have info on video games, as opposed to this single site. So IMO, that argument means.... not a gosh darn thing. Besides, EA Sports sucks anyways. The only games they have worth playing are NCAA Football and MVP Baseball, the rest are crap. If you guys want information that bad, then find out who the beta testers are, and email them. Otherwise there is nothing we can do but sit and wait patiently. Or impatiently and rudely, as many of you choose to do. But crying about not getting information isn't gonna get the game out any quicker. And if you decide you don't want to buy the game, then don't buy it, and stay off the boards. It's really that simple. I think it's sad that some people are worrying so much at this game. They must not have much of a life.

[QUOTE=sportsfanmas]EA Sports deals with video games, GDS deals with computer games. That's a BIG difference. A lot more people are interested in video games than computer games. Not that it's a big deal, but it's a lot easier to get information when you have dozens of sites that have info on video games, as opposed to this single site. So IMO, that argument means.... not a gosh darn thing. Besides, EA Sports sucks anyways. The only games they have worth playing are NCAA Football and MVP Baseball, the rest are crap. If you guys want information that bad, then find out who the beta testers are, and email them. Otherwise there is nothing we can do but sit and wait patiently. Or impatiently and rudely, as many of you choose to do. But crying about not getting information isn't gonna get the game out any quicker. And if you decide you don't want to buy the game, then don't buy it, and stay off the boards. It's really that simple. I think it's sad that some people are worrying so much at this game. They must not have much of a life.[/QUOTE] So then you are saying you disagree with me, when I say it shouldn't kill the game developer, Arlie in this case, to post a quick update each week as to what was accomplished on the game?

No, don't get me wrong, it would be great to see what progess has been made on the game. My point is, crying and complaining about it, isn't going to make it happen any quicker, or even at all. There may be reasons that we aren't getting any new info about the game, we don't know. I just don't see the point in complaining about it. I mean if it's such a turnoff that makes you not want to buy the game, then that is your decision, and you can keep it to yourself. That's my point.

Archived