Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)

Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]vs Phoenix Negra [I]I'm really interested to see what happens here with the whole unveiling thing.[/I] Steel Cage Warfare: [B]FREEDOM-5[/B] vs Devine Right [I]I'm expecting a Freedom 5 win and Darryl says goodbye to the belt to really shake things up[/I] 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre [I]Spirit & Joseph get involved to help the Mainstream Nation retain.[/I] Non Title: Speed Machine vs [B]???[/B] [I]I'll go with the ??? while it's non-title to set up an immediate challenger for the belt.[/I] [B]Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs Dance2Win [I]Dance2Win seem to be Destined2Lose.[/I] Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] [I]Java continues to look dominant. It's good to see someone using him in a diary outside of USPW.[/I] [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli [I]A boost for the lower members of the Mainstream Nation[/I]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batalla Final 2012 Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra [I]If Ultimate Phoenix gets unmasked I'm going to be so pissed off. I already know who he is :D[/I] Steel Cage Warfare: [B]FREEDOM-5[/B] vs Devine Right 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre Non Title: Speed Machine vs [B]???[/B] Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly vs Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] [I]LOL![/I] [B] Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli

[COLOR=Black][B]Predictions Form:[/B] [B][U]Batalla Final 2012[/U][/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Mask vs Mask:[/B] [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Steel Cage Warfare:[/B] FREEDOM-5 vs [B]Devine Right[/B] [B]3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship:[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Non Title:[/B] [B]Speed Machine[/B] vs ??? [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs Dance2Win [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Amo Del Gato[/B] vs Java [/COLOR] [COLOR=Black][B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli[/COLOR]

Predictions Form: Batalla Final 2012 Mask vs Mask: Ultimate Phoenix vs [B]Phoenix Negra[/B] [I]knowing your history of extending these mask stories, i expect this one to continue[/I] Steel Cage Warfare: FREEDOM-5 vs [B]Devine Right[/B] [I]Devine 3d's his mother for the win ;)[/I] 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: Mainstream Nation vs [B]Animal Magic[/B] vs The Sons of Lucha Libre [I]They seem to be the most accomplished team[/I] Non Title: Speed Machine vs [B]???[/B] [I]Big name debut[/I] [B]Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs Dance2Win [I]More quality on this side[/I] [B]Amo Del Gato[/B] vs Java [I]In the beginning it would be the other way around, but the result will show if Amo has developed any.[/I] [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli [I]New gimmick vs bland and worthless[/I]

[B][U]Batalla Final 2012[/U][/B] Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra Steel Cage Warfare: FREEDOM-5 vs [B]Devine Right[/B] 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre Non Title: [B]Speed Machine[/B] vs ??? Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly vs [B]Dance2Win[/B] Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli

Batalla Final 2012 Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra Steel Cage Warfare: [B]FREEDOM-5[/B] vs Devine Right 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation [/B]vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre Non Title: [B]Speed Machine[/B] vs ??? [B]Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs Dance2Win Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli

Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra It's odd, even though I've known who Negra is for absolutely ages (since, like, January) I'd still be really excited to see him unmasked. I can see him joining the Mainstream Nation in a similar sort of storyline to CHIKARA's Vin Gerard... Like I say, really interested to see what happens and how the 'brother' thing is dealt with. Maybe Ultimate really is the bother of Mr. R... Well, I'd better not say... Steel Cage Warfare: [B]FREEDOM-5[/B] vs Devine Right This is the one I've struggled with the most out of the whole event, but I can see this being a bad day for Devine as he loses the belt without losing the match. I also think the deciding factor will be F-5's surprising fifth team member - Puerto Rican Power! 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre THey're working out well for you and I see bigger things on the horizon for the Nation, so why not? Non Title: Speed Machine vs [B]???[/B] This could be the simple 'debut with a non-title win' route to starting a new People's Championship feud. [B]Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs Dance2Win As much as D2W NEED to win more matches, ADM is just way too high on the totem pole to be dropping matches to them. Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] Squish squash! [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli Squash squish!

[B]O.O.C Note:[/B] Just a quick update on when you should expect Batalla Final 2012 to appear. I'm aiming to get the show up on Friday. Been struggling to find the time to do the write-up over the past few days and though there's not many matches on the card, three of them are long matches. Anyway I have started on it, and I am off work Friday so I'll have plenty of time to putting the finishing touches to the show then. And even though this is NOT a bump for predictions, just an update to keep my loyal readers informed as to when the show should be up, feel free to put up predictions if you've not done so already. Though it looks like most of the regulars have given their views already, and most with comments in some capacity which to be honest I'm really appreciative of. I'm appreciative of getting any sort of predictions, comments or not and I know some people probably don't have the time to add comments to their predictions but if people can comment on the matches, then it really adds something to their predictions, because personally I love reading the 'fans' insight into my booking.

Because its you, TK, and because you asked, I'll repost my predictions with explanations. I always mean to and yet usually don't manage to. I'll try to do better from now on, sir... Especially since you always take the time to do sir fo rme. [B][U]Batalla Final 2012[/U][/B] Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra [I]Tough call. Unmasking Negra seems timely and the right move... which leads me to second-guess and go the other way. Still, gonna stick with Negra unmasking. [/I] Steel Cage Warfare: FREEDOM-5 vs [B]Devine Right[/B] [I]Another tough call. I could see this one going either way. I like DD so I'm gonna lean that way just for that reason. [/I] 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre [I]Like MN, basically. [/I] Non Title: [B]Speed Machine[/B] vs ??? [I]Non-title often means a loss, but the ??? makes it questionable. I'll play it safe on this one. [/I] Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly vs [B]Dance2Win[/B] [I]Upset call. [/I] Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] [I]Java stays strong. [/I] [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli [I]Jobbers job. [/I]

Predictions Form: Batalla Final 2012 Mask vs Mask: [b]Ultimate Phoenix[/b] vs Phoenix Negra Phoenix isn't losing his mask. Steel Cage Warfare: FREEDOM-5 vs [b]Devine Right[/b] Wouldn't look good for Devine to lose his title in this type of match. A little bit too Russo-like. 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: Mainstream Nation vs Animal Magic vs [b]The Sons of Lucha Libre[/b] Shock title change. Non Title: Speed Machine vs [b]???[/b] [b]Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly[/b] vs Dance2Win AdM is way too over to drop a match to Dance2Win. Amo Del Gato vs [b]Java[/b] Squash! [b]Spirit & Joseph[/b] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli Win for the newly gimmicked guys.

THE FINAL BATTLE Mask vs Mask (2/3 Falls) [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra 5 vs 5 Steel Cage Warfare: FREEDOM-5 (Captain: Dean Daniels) vs [B]Devine Right[/B] (Captain: Undisputed Champion- Darryl Devine) * If Devine Right lose, Darryl Devine loses Undisputed Championship 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] (Mainstream Hernandez & Soul Krusher) vs Animal Magic (Masked Cougar & Fox Mask) vs 'Representing The Lucha Equity Alliance' The Sons of Lucha Libre (El Mitico Jr & Capitao Brasil Jr) Non Title: People's Champion- 'Speed Machine' Marc Speed vs [B]TBA[/B] 'Representing The Lucha Equity Alliance' [B]Angel De Mexico and Amazing Fire Fly[/B] vs Dance2Win (Bradford Peverall & Mr Electricity) Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] Bonus Pre-Show Match: [B]Spirit & Joseph [/B]vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli Continued excellence, TK, and Braun is a great choice for Commish.

[quote=Bigpapa42;658469]Because its you, TK, and because you asked, I'll repost my predictions with explanations. I always mean to and yet usually don't manage to. I'll try to do better from now on, sir... Especially since you always take the time to do sir fo rme.[/quote] Well I didn't actually tell you to re-post the predictions :p I was just commenting on the fact, that I really appreciate it when people do leave comments with their predictions. But thanks for giving the reasonings anyway :)

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;658781]Well I didn't actually tell you to re-post the predictions :p I was just commenting on the fact, that I really appreciate it when people do leave comments with their predictions. But thanks for giving the reasonings anyway :)[/QUOTE] Oh, I know. I just figured it was easier to repost than edit. And I'll try to remember to add the explanations from now on - its usually just due to laziness that I get out of the habit.

Mask vs Mask: [B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B] vs Phoenix Negra I can't see Ultimate losing his mask. Steel Cage Warfare: [B]FREEDOM-5[/B] vs Devine Right I'm hoping here. 3-Way Ladder War for the Tag Team Championship: [B]Mainstream Nation[/B] vs Animal Magic vs The Sons of Lucha Libre I just don't see them losing right now. Non Title: Speed Machine vs [B]???[/B] I never really vote against ???, even if Speed Machine is getting a push. Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly vs [B]Dance2Win[/B] I see an upset.. Amo Del Gato vs [B]Java[/B] Java stays strong here even though I voted for Gato. [B]Spirit & Joseph[/B] vs Remmy Honeyman & Patrick Cudelli More known jobbers versus lower jobbers...More known with the win.

[CENTER][B][U][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_FCW.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]FCW Batalla Final 2012[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [SIZE=1]Tuesday 18th December 2012[/SIZE] Ricardo Montenez Ballroom, San Juan, Puerto Rico Attendance: 2000 (Sell out !)[/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Commentary Team:[/B] Dane O'Hara and Cueball Lynch /[B] Backstage[/B] [B]Interviewer:[/B] Katie Cameron [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DaneOHara.jpg[/IMG][B][SIZE=2] & [/SIZE][/B][I][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_CueballLynch.jpg[/IMG]/ [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KatieCameron.jpg[/IMG][/I][/LEFT] [B][U]Pre-Show[/U][/B] [B]Match: Spirit & Joseph vs Patrick Cudelli & Remmy Honeyman[/B] A match that is pretty much as contest between two pairs of jobbers and the reaction of the crowd showed as most left their seats to go and buy some merchandise/ Rice & Beans. Even with the constant dirty tactics of the Mainstream Nation duo, Honeyman & Cudelli didn't really have the crowd behind them. In the end it was Joseph who was able to pick up the victory by downing Remmy Honeyman with his new finisher a Wrist Clutch Fisherman Brainbuster he calls 'Misery Be-Shared' [B][COLOR=red]Result: Joseph and Spirit defeated Remmy Honeyman and Patrick Cudelli in 6:24 when Joseph defeated Remmy Honeyman pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: E-[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B][COLOR=black]____________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [I]Katie Cameron is backstage with FREEDOM-5 members Dean Daniels and Charles Rainier.[/I] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] I'm backstage here with Dean Daniels and Charles Rainier of FREEDOM-5 who will step into the ring alongside three other men to go up against Devine Right in the first ever Steel Cage Warfare in FCW. Your thoughts on the match ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Dean Daniels:[/B] Devine it finally comes down to one big battle between my men and your men, locked inside four side of steel nowhere to go, your title in jeopardy and even though I won't win that title tonight it would be so sweet to end your run as champion. No more running Devine, no more relying on your team mates to get you out of trouble, your going to be in a fight champ and if myself and the rest of F-5 have anything to do about it, it'll be the toughest fight you'll ever had.[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue][B]Charles Rainier:[/B] When Alex Braun announced this match it brought a smile to our faces, we knew it was a chance to settle scores, individual scores and the big score between the two factions.[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Dean Daniels:[/B] This match isn't just about competitive pride, it goes beyond that[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] You two certainly sound fired up for this match, but can you shed any light on who will be lining up alongside you, because despite the name of your faction...you've never ever really had five members.[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Dean Daniels:[/B] The intention always was to be myself, Charles, Primus, Steve Flash and one other but un forseen events meant that we never got to do battle as a UNIT but tonight F-5 comes together to do battle as 5.[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] Can you shed any more light on who else will be lining up for you[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Dean Daniels:[/B] Well Primius has always had mine and Charles back from the start, so he'll be stepping into the Cage along side us[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue][B]Charles Rainier[/B]:....And Steve, thought it was only right he would step in to do battle with us, he was a founding member of F-5, I stool alongside him in UNITY and I'm proud to stand along side him with Dean.[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Dean Daniels:[/B] You see Devine Right felt they had taken Steve Flash out for good, but he came back, better than ever and now he's going to help us bring and end to Devine Right.[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] Well that makes four but what about the fifth and final member[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue][B]Charles Rainier:[/B] We're keeping that one firmly under wraps Katie.[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] So it won't be Matt Hocking then ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue][B]Charles Rainier[/B]: It could be Matt, I mean if anyone's out for revenge on DR it's Matt and he's being working pretty good alongside Primus, since they hooked up together. Primus speaks highly of Matt and he's pretty damn close to becoming a fully fledged member of F-5.[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] So it could be Matt Hocking ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue][B]Charles Rainier:[/B] As we said, you'll have to wait and see.[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] Oh Ok, how about K.C Glenn ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Dean Daniels:[/B] As Charles said you'll have to wait and see but I'm pretty sure our fifth member will make a pretty powerful impact.[/COLOR] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][B]_______________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [I]In a different part of the backstage Darryl Devine is making a 'speech' to the rest of Devine Right in an attemp to rile up the troops.[/I] [COLOR=darkred][B]Darryl Devine[/B]: It's pretty obvious that FCW and that puppet they've just employed are trying to screw me out of the Undisputed Championship.....Not only do I have to lead you into Steel Cage Warfare, one of you could lose me these belts if you end up tapping out or not getting your shoulders up in time.....I could lose these belts without being beaten......[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]But we are Devine Right, we are not just good, we are Devine and tonight we overcome those odds....don't let me down, just don't let me down ![/COLOR] [COLOR=sienna][B]Nicky R!ot:[/B] You can count on me Darryl[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkslategray][B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith:[/B] You know you can count on me boss[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkgreen][B]Arthur Dexter Bradley:[/B] I know I've not always delivered[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Darryl Devine:[/B] Too right about that Arthur, and I'm not sure I can trust you going into match like this....[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkgreen][B]Arthur Dexter Bradley[/B]: But tonight you can trust me, I'm willing to do anything, ANYTHING to ensure that Devine Right still remain supreme and that you are still the Undiputed Champion.[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Darryl Devine:[/B] What about you Jared ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=red][B]Jared Johnson[/B]: Come on you know you can count on me , I've been with you from the start Darryl.... Devine Right means everything to me and no way am I going to see us fall to those clowns FREEDOM-5 and whoever they have up their sleeve, I'll be ready....[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Darryl Devine:[/B] YOU better be ready, because tonight failure is not an Option ![/COLOR] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]____________________________________________________[/B] [B][U]Main Show[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]The main show actually starts with Phoenix Negra sitting in the rafters he has a microphone and it appears he has something to say about his mask vs mask match against Ultimate Phoenix.[/I] [COLOR=darkred][B]Phoenix Negra:[/B] The final battle, the battle of no return, my mask, your mask, is this truly what you want brother ? Because I will do anything to prove once and for all I am better than you, I am the one who deserves to carry on the Phoenix legacy. We have pushed each other to the limit, but now we must prepare to go beyond the limit. Are you prepared to leave yourself broken to emerge the one with his identity intact, are you willing to put everything on the line brother, because I am brother, I am. Are you really want to risk your legacy coming to and end ? [/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]It actually saddens me brother that you are prepared to end what you fought so hard to achieve, all I wanted to do was prove I am better than you but now you leave me no choice but to destroy you, for only one Phoenix shall rise from the flames of war. The war ends tonight my brother for his is our Final Battle. [/COLOR] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]_____________________________________________________[/B] [B]Match #1: Angel De Mexico & Amazing Fire Fly vs [/B] [B]Dance2Win (Bradford Peverall & Mr Electricity)[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ngelDeMxico.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmazingFireFly.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BradfordPeverell.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KashmirSingh_alt2.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] This was a fun opening tag with the LEA members happy to play along with the fun loving Dance2Win duo in a 'dance off' at the start of the match, but they soon signalled they weren't just here for fun and games by stunning D2W with stereo drop-kicks and then wiping out Peverall and Electricity with stereo dives. Electricity then found himself isolated in the LEA duo's corner, but was able to use his power (impressive for someone of his size) to fight back and get the tag into Bradford Peverall. Peverall then fired back with his hand heavy offence, taking down Mexico with the Rapid Eye Movement and then driving Amazing Fire Fly into the mat with the Totally Totalled. Mexico somehow had enough to recover and break it up, and after avoiding a rock hard uppercut he took down Peverall with a spinning head-scissor that he immediately transitioned into the Mexican Death. Fire Fly then cut off Mr Electricity from making the save by taking the flamboyant disco dancer from India down with the Infest Hazard. With the stereo submisisons applied it looked to be all over for D2W but Peverall who was the legal man managed to dig down and make it to the ropes. Peverall and Electricity then began to fire back, whipping their opponents into the ropes and then hitting stereo european uppercuts. Peverall then sent Mexico over the top rope with a Rock Hard European Uppercut before officially tagging Mr Electricity in. They then appeared to be setting up for the Electric Dreams but as Peverall was heading to the top-rope Angel De Mexico was back up to cut him off giving Amazing Fire Fly to take Mr Electricity by suprise with the El Cristo (spinning head-scissors into a crucifix pin) and that was enough for the luchadores to win through and leave Dance2Win contemplating yet another loss. Decent enough opening contest. The dance-off near the start of the match established a good rapport with the crowd and got it over as an all babyface contest before transitioned it into what was a pretty good back and forth tag team contest. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Amazing Fire Fly and Ángel De México defeated Dance 2 Win in 10:10 when Amazing Fire Fly defeated Mr. Electricity by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: D+[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B][COLOR=black]_________________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #2: 3 Way Ladder War for the FCW Tag Team Championship: [/B] [B]Mainstream Nation (Mainstream Hernandez & Soul Krusher) vs [/B] [B]Animal Magic (Masked Cougar & Fox Mask) vs[/B] [B] The Sons of Lucha Libre (El Mitico Jr & Capitao Brasil Jr)[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_FCW_Tag.jpg[/IMG] [B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_FCW_Tag.jpg[/IMG][/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MainstreamHernandezEmo1.jpg[/IMG][B] &[/B] [B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BillyJackSheareralt1.jpg[/IMG][/B] [B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_FoxMask.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MaskedCougar.jpg[/IMG][B] /[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_CapitaoBrasil.jpg[/IMG][B] &[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElMtico.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] The match can only be won when one of the Tag Team belts is brought via climbing a ladder, there is no DQ and no count-outs. As expected the action in this match was so fast and chaotic that the O'Hara and Lynch had a a hard job trying to keep up but they did an admirable job of telling the story of the match as it unfolded. Before the match began there were three ladders already set up at ringside, Animal Magic immediately climbed two of the ladders as the bell rung before hitting stereo moonsaults on the champions and The Sons of Lucha Libre. Masked Cougar then looked to bring a ladder into the ring only to be levelled with a clothesline from Soul Krusher. All Six men then brawled into the crowd, highlights during the early going saw Mitico drive Mainstream Hernandez into a pile of chairs with a Mitico Driver ! and Soul Krusher power bombing Fox Mask onto a ladder layed across the guard-rail, breaking the ladder and quite possibly Fox Mask in the process. Capitao then looked to bring a ladder into the ring, only to be clobbered from behind by Soul Krusher, who then planted the 'Brazilian' onto the entrance ramp with a Dead Man Walking. Krusher then began to set up a ladder but was then clobbered from behind by El Mitico Jr who then somewhat foolishly tried to take the big man over with a quicksilver suplex. Mitcio unsurpsingly was unable to take Krusher off his feet and just like Capitao was earlier he was planted into the mat with a Dead Man Walking. Krusher then began to climb the ladder that he had set up, but due to his sheer size he was finding it hard to get up the steps and before he could bring the title belt down he was knocked off balance with a High Rise Cougar Pounce from Masked Cougar that sent both Krusher and the crashing onto the top-rope. Cougar then picked himself up off the mat,seperated the ladder from the fallen Krusher and began to climb himself but El Mitico Jr, then stepped back into the ring and sent Cougar crashing back down to the mat with a Belly to Back superplex. Capitao Brasil then perched himself on the top-rope only for Mainstream Hernandez to re-appear by cracking a chair over the head of the 'Brazilian' luchadore. Mitico Jr then turned right round into a super-kick from the Mainstreamer. Hernandez then began to climb the ladder, but just as it looked like he would succesfully bring down the belts all of a sudden Fox Mask climbed up the opposite side of the ladder before bringing the Mainstreamer crashing down to the mat with a sunset bomb off the top of the ladder ! Fox Mask then staggered back up to his feet only to be levelled with a cloteshline from Soul Krusher who then power bombed Fox Mask against the ladder, causing the ladder to collapse. Krusher then picked up the ladder and began using the collapsed ladder as weapon, taking down both members of the Sons of Lucha Libre only for Masked Cougar to duck under the spinning ladder and nail Krusher by drop-kicking the ladder into the face of the big man. Mainstream Hernandez however was able to sneak up behind the Animal Magic pair un-noticed before nailing both Fox and Cougar with a chair-shot each. Hernandez then nailed Fox Mask with a superkick for good measure before planting Cougar into the collapsed ladder that was laying in the ring with a PONTIAC TO HOME ! Hernandez then went outside to collect another ladder, but as he was about to climb the ladder he was drop-kicked from behind by Capitao Brasil Jr....that left the Mainstreamer hanging from the ladder in the tree of woe position but instead of climbing the ladder himself Capitao appied his 'A Prayer For Mercy' (Inverted Figure Four leglock) on the ladder ! It soon became apparent that the Sons of Lucha Libre had a definite plan in place though as El Mitico Jr began to climb the ladder on the opposite side only for those plans to be scuppered when Fox Mask also climbed up the ladder to bring Mitico crashing back down with a FOX FLIP OFF DDT ! Both Fox Mask and Mitico lay strewn on the mat , but Cougar was ready to the climb and realisng what had just happened to Mitico, Capitao released his hold on Hernandez to start climbing the opposite side . Cougar and Capitao then began to duke it out on the top of the ladder only for Soul Krusher to come along and simple push the ladder over, sending both Fox and Capitao crashing through the Time Keepers table. Both Fox Mask and Mitico then staggered back to their feet and then decided that it was in their best interests to work as a team to bring the monsterous Krusher down as they unloaded a combination of kicks and strikes the brought Krusher down to this knees....Mitico then drilled Krusher with a running basement drop-kick, before Fox Mask followed in with a FOX HUNTER but Mitico was then there to plant Fox Mask into the mat with a QUICKSILVER SUPLEX !! Mitico once again began to set up the ladder, underneath the belt and began to climb but all of a sudden both Joseph and Spirit appeared...the Mainstream Nation pair then battered Mitico with Kendo stick shots...... something newly appointed referee Michael Bull was simply powerless to stop, due to the match being no DQ. As Mitico eventually fell to the mat, Mainstream Hernandez climbed the opposite side of the ladder and with no one from either Animal Magic or the Sons of Lucha Libre able to pick their body up off canvas or floor.....the Mainstreamer was able to bring down the title belt, ensuring that the Mainstream Nation retained the Tag Team Championship heading into a new year, something that was greeted with a chorus of boos from the fans. These three teams certainly put it all on the line in match that could well be the best Tag Team Title match thus far in the history of FCW. If there was any doubt before this match that the Tag Division was heading towards new heights with these three teams currently forming the bed-rock of the division, then those doubts were surely banished with this match. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Mainstream Nation defeated Animal Magic and The Sons of Lucha Libre in 19:55 when Mainstream Hernandez retrieved the item. [/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red][COLOR=indigo][COLOR=purple]Mainstream Nation retain the FCW Tag Team titles[/COLOR].[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C [/COLOR][/B] [I]The four members of the Mainstream Nation then stand tall in the ring, Krusher and Hernandez holding their tag titles aloft as the fans rain down a chorus of boos. The Mainstreamer then picks up a microphone to defiantly deliver another message.[/I] [COLOR=darkred][B]Mainstream Hernandez:[/B] Nothing, I said NOTHING can stop the Mainstream Revolution. We have only just begun.... your false idols shall fail...the Mainstream Nation will become YOUR saving grace......[/COLOR] [I]Hernandez then pauses a little, soaking in the boos of the fans as he keeps a wry smirk on his face[/I] [COLOR=darkred]Your hatred of us, your hatred will only make us stronger.....we shall not become weak, for you are the weak willed, all those are oppose are weak....only the strong survive and the Mainstream Nation are getting stronger. So stand up and be counted in the revolution, the MAINSTREAM REVOUTION !![/COLOR] [B]Rating: D+[/B] [CENTER][B]______________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #3: Non Title: Speed Machine vs Quentin Queen[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarcSpeed-SubZeroFIN.jpg[/IMG][B] vs [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_QuentinQueen.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] The champion's mystery opponent didn't turn out to be anyone special in the end just some 'dude' who looked like a fan who had jumped the guard-rail and decided to get into a wrestling match with one of the most dangerous men in FCW right now. Quentin Queen is a professional wrestler but with his ring attire of retro TWL T-Shirt and jeans, the laid back new-comer couldn't be anymore different to the intense People's Champion. Speed went on the attack right away, peppering Queen with a rapid combination of strikes before planting the new-comer into the mat with a DDT.......the fans were expecting a three count right there but to everyone's surprise Queen kicked out. Machine stayed on Queen, becoming more methodical as he began to work over the arm to set up for the Speedbreaker 2000 but the youngster hung in there and began to fire back and whn Speed did try to synch in his signature hold Queen took the People's champ by surprise with a quick roll up. Speed then began to make mistakes as Queen's pluckyness began to frustrate him and when he went for the Speed Strike Queen was able to move out of the way before stunning Speed with an Atomic Drop, that was followed by a flurry of fore-arms smashed and a Uranage backbreaker for a two count. Queen then showed his inexperience but not staying on Speed and the People's Champion began to fire back , taking back control of the match. Speed then looked set to spike Queen into the mat with the Speed Snap but the new-comer was able to block the attempt and then suddenly took Speed down with a Spinning Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex....... That looked to have won Queen the match but Speed saved himself from being on the end of the upset by getting his foot on the ropes. The plucky youngster then decided to head up top, but that proved to be another mistakes as Speed got back to his feet and then managed to crotch Queen on the top-rope. Speed then pulled Queen down into the tree of woe position and then began to target the arm once again, including a running drop-kick that was pin pointed to perfection, as Speed found his intended target. Queen the fell to the mat, his righ arm barely hanging by his side, with only one good arm and starting to feel like the had thrown all he can at Speed....Queen was then brought crashing to down to the mat with a simple drop toe hold from Speed and when the People's champion synched in the Speedbreaker 2000 the result by that time was academic. Despite absolutely no one in the crowd knowing who Quentin Queen was before the match his heart and determination had them believing that he could pull out an upset win on his debut, in the end inexperience cost Queen but he certainly played his part in a match that turned out to be the sleeper hit of the night. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Speed Machine defeated Quentin Queen in 9:21 by submission.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C-[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B][COLOR=black]______________________________________________________[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [I]Katie Cameron catches up with Ultimate Phoenix backstage, ahead of his mask vs mask match with Phoenix Negra.[/I] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] Tonight Ultimate Phoenix, you face your brother in what well me be the biggest match of both of your careers as you put your Mask's on the line.[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Ultimate Phoenix:[/B] Indeed it has come to this, the battles between me and Negra have gone beyond being about competion, they run personal, they run so personal that neither of us will be able to carry on till the other is broken.[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple][B]Katie Cameron:[/B] You have won many championships across America and in Mexico, how does the pressure of this match compare to competing for a title.[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Ultimate Phoenix:[/B] The pressure I am feeling right now is tenfold to what I have felt when battling for the Undisputed Championship or any other belt...you see this personal, this is my identity I have put on the. The mask you see on my face does not merely hide who I AM, it defines who I AM without it I am no one and without Negra's mask he too is simply no one.[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Tonight one of us become's no one, tonight I must make sure I pass my Ultimate Test.[/COLOR] [B]Result: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]____________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #4: Amo Del Gato vs Java[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmoDelGato.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Java.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was in all intentions the 'come-down' match before the double main event. The story of the match saw Del Gato keep Java off balance with his speed and agility without every really doing much damage to the Indonesian beast during the early going. After a while Java's size and power started to come into play and in the end Del Gato fell to the Greetings From the Islands (Two handed choke slam) after attempting to take Java off his feet with a cross-body block. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Java defeated Amo Del Gato in 6:48 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: D [/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AlexBraun-FIN.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Alex Braun enters the ring to a good reception from the fans and it looks like he has something to say about the Steel Cage Warfare match. Braun talks about the stipulations involving the match and announces that Devine Right won the coin toss to determine who would have the man advantage throughout the match until all ten men had entered the cage (this was met with a chorus of boos, who would rather have seen Devine at a disadvantage). Braun also stated that the Cage door would be left open in the match so the participants could freely go in and out of the cage throughout the match but that the winning pin or submission must take place inside the cage.[/I] [I]Braun then joins Dane O'Hara and Cueball Lynch at the announce table.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [I]A video is shown then to add further hype to the Steel Cage Warfare match, focusing on the historty between the two teams, whilst showing the best moments of various individual team members.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #5: Steel Cage Warfare: [/B] [B]Devine Right vs FREEDOM-5[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Starting Pair: [/B] [B]Darryl Devine (Devine Right) - Dean Daniels (FREEDOM-5)[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DarrylDevine_nfalt3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DeanDanielsF5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The match began with both team captains entering the cage first, as they both looked to lead from the front. When the bell rang to start the match there were not technical exchanges here as they just unloaded on one another, Devine took control with a Pat Deacon Knee Lift and then tried to send Daniels into the cage wall, but the F-5 leader managed to block and then catch Devine with a roaring elbow shot after whipping the Undisputed Champion into the Cage. Daniels then lifted up a dazed Devine into a crucifix before tossing Devine into the Cage wall once more with the Human Roulette and even though Daniels wouldn't be able to follow up with a pin or submission at this stage it was important for the F-5 leader to gain the advantage before the next member of Devine Right came out. [RIGHT][B]Five Minutes: Bulldozer Brandon Smith enters for Devine Right[/B] [/RIGHT] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BulldozerBrandon_alt4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Five minutes gone and we got our next entrant into the mat as Bulldozer Brandon Smith rushed down the entrance ramp and into the cage. Daniels who was continuing to stomp away on Devine then saw BBS rushing in with a shoulder tackle and was able to side-step put of the way, as the momentum of the Bulldozer sent him crashing into the wall of the cage. Daniels then peppered BBS with fore-arms before setting up for the Trapped Knees but the Bulldozer managed to power out and take Daniels over with a back body-drop ..Daniels then staggered to his feet before being low blowed from behind by Devine and then turned inside out with a huge clothesline from BBS. Daniels then staggered into a Pat Deacon Knee Lift from Devine who then planted Daniels face first into the mat with a Devine Dream Drop..... [CENTER][B]Seven Minutes: Primus enters for FREEDOM-5[/B] [B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_PrimusAllenF5.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] The Devine Right duo now looked to be in total control, but a pumped up Primus came down to the ring for F-5. Primus somehow managed to single handily fend off both members of DR single handily until the numbers advantage did start to come into play and that was further higlighted when a further two minutes had now passed and Devine Right saw there next entrant come into the match, as Jared Johnson entered the ring. [CENTER][B]Nine Minutes: Jared Johnson enters for Devine Right[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_JaredJohnson_nachalt1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] With Daniels worn down and Primus starting to quickly run out of puff after his adrenalin pumped initial impact, things were looking grim for F-5 at this stage as Devine Right began to take control of the match and began to methodically beat down the F-5 duo inside the cage. [CENTER][B]Eleven Minutes: Steve Flash enters for FREEDOM-5[/B] [IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SteveFlashF5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Steve Flash then came down the entrance ramp but before he could even step foot inside the cage BBS was there to knock the veteran out of the cage....the enforcer of Devine Right then went outside the cage himself, before dropping Flash chest first onto the guard-rail with a military press and then drilling Flash into the floor with a Atomic Driller. At the same time Devine and Johnson were still int total control agains the worn down Daniels and Primus inside the cage and with Flash now looking like a non factor , things weren't looking good at all for F5. [CENTER][B]Thirteen Minutes: Arthur Dexter Bradley enters for Devine Right[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ADBFin.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It was now effectively a four on two match up, Daniels had now been noticeably busted open and Devine Right began to smugly strut around the ring as if they had already won the match. [CENTER][B]Fifteen Minutes: Charles Rainier enters for FREEDOM-5[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_CharlesRainierF5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It was now my turn to enter the match, I should have been evening things up at four a piece but with Flash still totally out of it on the outside of the cage, I knew we would still be at a disadvantage. So instead of entering the cage through the door I decided to go a different route by climbing up the side of the cage but the members of D-R soon caught onto my plan and rammed the side of the cage, causing me to lose my grip and fall to the floor....... By this time the two minutes had passed and Devine Right were ready to bring out their fifth and final member. [CENTER][B]Seventeen Minutes: Nicky R!ot enters for Devine Right[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NickyChampion_grunge1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] There were no surprises with D-R's final entrant but with all the members of D-R in the cage standing tall, and with all four members of FREEDOM-5 down, the odds couldn't have been any more one sided at this stage and whoever was going to be F-5's final entrant would face a tall order to start turning things round for his team However F-5 did have a major surprise up their sleeve and when their final team member did come down the entrance ramp , there was a huge pop from the crowd as the first few bars of the Puerto Rican National anthem were heard over the PA. And there he was Puerto Rican Power, decked out in his old school patriotic ring attire had returned to FCW. The crowd went wild for his return, knowing they were witnessing the re-birth of their patriotic hero before their very eyes. [CENTER][B]Nineteen Minutes: Puerto Rican Power enters for FREEDOM-5[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_PuertoRicanPower.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] And despite the odds being stacked against him as he enteted the cage Power looked unstoppable as he blocked everything D-R threw at him and even though the numbers began to tell after a little while, as Power began to run out of steam....his heroic efforts allowed for Daniela and Primus to recover and soon enough they were fighting back. I then entered the ring and even though Devine Right still had the man advantage with Flash still laying in a heap on the outside of the cage. D-R were now on the back foot.....soon the cage couldn't contrain nine men, so the brawl began to spill to the outside.....Power was single handily taking on BBS and ADB inside the cage, whilst both myself, Daniels and Primus were all occupied with R!ot, Devine and Johnson on the outside as our brawling began to chaotically spill into the crowd. Soon the understanding BBS and ADB were gaining as a regular tag team began to come into play as they started to wear down Power with some double team manouvres and with both myself and Daniels occupied on the outside Power fell victim to a leg-sweep/clothesline combo that lead to the first pin attempt of the match. Power managed to kick out but it was looking like only a matter of time before either of BBS and ADB would be able to score the winning fall on the returning hero unless another member of FREEDOM-5 would be able to make it back into the ring and come to Power's aid. That help shockingly came from Steve Flash who had climbed up the side of the cage...to take down both BBS and ADB with a huge cross-body off the top of the cage ! Flash then staggered back to his feet......Superkick's for both BBS and ADB.... the veteran then slumped on top of BBS One...... Two.... Thr.... BBS kicked out Meanwhile Devine Right were beginning to win the brawl on the outside of the ring...Primus missed a Rrrruuuuussshhh attempt on Jared Johnson that saw him charge into a wall intead, Nicky R!ot planted me onto a stack of chairs with a Charles Peterson 'Exploder' and Devine had escaped the Raise the Stakes (Cradle Piledriver) to take Daniels over with a Devine plex. Back in the cage....Power and Flash were still looking in control against BBS and ADB, with Power earning a two count with a spinebuster on ADB but things were about to change again as both Devine and R!ot came back into the cage armed with chairs....... R!ot and Devine then creamed Power and Flash with a pair of chair-shots......Devine then went to cover the fallen mass of the returning patriotic hero....... One..... Two..... Thr.... Daniels had now dived back into the cage to make the save....... But the odds were still against F-5 inside the caged, and the odds were further stacked in Devine Right's favour when Jared Johnson came back into the cage...with myself and Primus on the outside lookinhg and both Power and Flash down inside the cage...it was looking like a five on one situation for Daniels. Devine Right then took turns taking shots at Daniels.....and once again they began to celebrate as if though they had won the match but that confidence soon became misplaced......because their failure to actually put Daniels away allowed for the rest of F-5 to recover.... all of a sudden Devine Right found themselves surrounded by by all the other members of F-5 just as Devine was about to plant Daniels into the mat with the Devine Dream Drop...... Power clobbered Devine from behind to save Daniels from falling victim to Devine's finisher. Devine Right were then left shell-shocked as FREEDOM-5 began to battle back and it soon became apparent that the posteuring of Devine's group whilst in total control could well cost his team the match The match then began to settle into a more even brawl, that would prove to be the final lull before the storm, as both teams looked to be wearing down before both everyone begun to unleash their big manouevres a both teams desperately tried to win the match. Primus sent ADB into the cage with the Rrruuusshhh !!! But Primus was then levelled with a SUB POP BOP from Nicky R!ot, Primus stayed on his feet but as second SPB took Primus off his feet and R!ot made the cover..... One..... Two..... The pin was broken up by myself via a moonsault...R!ot powered back to his feet and then looked to send me into the cage, only to be nailed with a Raindrop (Dropsault) but as I landed back on my feet Bulldozer Brandon Smith was stalking behind to dump me with a BACK DROP DRIVER ! One.... Two.... Thr...... Steve Flash broke up the pin with an elbow drop from the top-rope, before turning BBS over into a Boston Crab.........Jared Johnson then came over and forced Flash to break the hold with a series of kicks....... Johnson then took Flash down with a drop-toe hold and then applied the CAROLINA CROSSFACE........ SAN JUAN RUSH from Puerto Rican Power....... Power was then clobbered from behind by Bulldozer Brandon Smith and dumped with a BACK DROP DRIVER !! But Flash then booted BBS in the mid-section and stunned the F-5 enforcer with the FLASH BANG !! But before he could go for the cover Darryl Devine booted Flash in the mid-section and planted the veteran into the mat with the DEVINE DREAM DROP ! Dean Daniels then dived over to the make save....... Devine and Daniels then stared each other down and unleashed on one another and it looked as though Daniels was about to set Devine up for the Raise the Stakes but Devine managed to block and after getting in a Pat Deacon Knee Lift he set up for another Devine Dream Drop....but just as he was about to deliver it Puerto Rican Power drilled Devine with a SAN JUAN RUSH. Power then pointed to Daniels and demanded that he make the cover....... One.... Two...... Thr.... Jared Johnson dived across to make the save, but Daniels was able to block an attempt at an MDK Powerbomb, and the Carolina born youngster soon found himself trapped by Daniels who then began to unleash the knee strikes......the rest of Devine Right desperately tried to get across to make the save but FREEDOM-5 seemed even more determined to hold them off..... Johnson was desperately trying to hang in there to not only save the match for Devine Right but to also save the championship of his leader Darryl Devine but it soon became apparent he was unable to fight back and Dewey Libertine saw no choice but to call for the bell ! FREEDOM-5 had just been throught a war, but they had come out the other side victorious as the Undisputed Title reign of Darryl Devine was brought to a crashing halt and the leader of FREEDOM-5 Dean Daniels guaranteed himself a title shot. Despite the match having some great dramatic moments, it was on the whole disappointing as it felt disjointed at times whilst much of it was filled with admittedly bland brawling, it did pick up in the finishing stretch and the return of Puerto Rican Power (though probably quite predictable) was met with a hugely positive reaction from the FCW fans. The plan was always to end this year with Steel Cage Warfare between FREEDOM-5 and Devine Right, however I was always had a nagging feeling it might not deliver as well as I would hope and is why I went with the Phoenix match (a match I know can deliver) in the main event slot. Despite that fore-sight it was still a little disappointing it didn't work out as well as I hoped. In all honestly I think it's one of those matches that will translate better to the DVD release than live at the arena because the fans were having a hard time keeping up with the action. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Dean Daniels, Charles Rainier, Primus, Puerto Rican Power and Steve Flash defeated Darryl Devine, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Jared Johnson, Arthur Dexter Bradley and Nicky R!ot in a 5 vs 5 Steel Cage Warfare match in 35:19 when Dean Daniels defeated Jared Johnson by submission.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=purple]Darryl Devine loses the Undisputed Championship.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C-[/COLOR][/B] [I]FREEDOM-5 soak in the cheers of the fans as they celebrate their had fought victory with the biggest cheers reserved for the returning Puerto Rican Power , whilst Devine Right and especially the now former Undisputed Champion Darryl Devine look on in frustration.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] If there is one major positive to take away from the match, is that Puerto Rican Power's return to his old patriotic babyface ways went down a storm with the fans in attendance.[/FONT] [CENTER]______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [I]As the cage is being dismantled, a relatively long video going over the storied history between Ultimate Phoenix and Phoenix Negra is played to hype up their 2/3 falls Mask vs Mask match, whilst also giving the ringside crew time to get the ring ready for the main event. [/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #6: Mask vs Mask (2/3 Falls): [/B] [B]Ultimate Phoenix vs Phoenix Negra[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_UltimatePhoenix.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackPhoenix1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] These two had fought each other many times before since Negra's arrival in FCW, they had battled for FCW's biggest prize the Undisputed Championship, they had battled each other in multi man matches, they had taken each other to the limit inside a steel cage and took their feud to new heights with a ladder war but this was to be the final, definining match of their feud, who would emerge victorious ? Both of them knew that an early mistake could prove costly, so the opening exchanges were rather tentative. They then began to pick up the pace about five minutes into the match but both were still able to go hold for hold with their opponent, matching there every move and one stage it looked like Phoenix was going to get Negra trapped in the Elemental Clutch, only for Negra to pop out and nail a basement drop-kick on his bitter rival. But Phoenix shook the drop kick off, popped back up to his feet and began to fire back with a comination of strikes and kicks as they intensity of the match suddenly rose another level.....a kick to the mid-section from Phoenix seemed to be setting Negra up for the Flaming Driver but Negra was able to block and countered into a sunset flip for a two count. They then exchanged pin attemps as both tried to gain the leverage to keep their opponents shoulders down for three count, but neither were able to maintain control long enough and the exchange ended in a stale mate. Back to their feet and Negra took control with a combination of kicks before sending Phoenix hard into the turnbuckle, Negra then charged in with a running drop kick but Phoenix was able to move out of the way and then tag Negra with a leaping Enziguri...Negra then staggered back and Phoenix launched himself back into the ring taking Negra down with a springboard Tornado DDT ! One...... Two..... Thr....... Negra kicked out. Phoenix then lifted Negra up and looked for the Elemental Suplex but Negra was able to block the attempt with as sneaky low blow, before getting the standing switch and dumping Phoenix with an Elemental Suplex of his own ! One..... Two..... Thr...... Phoenix managed to kick out but Negra was lining up for the kick to the head.....Phoenix however had it scouted and swept the leg out from underneath before cradling Negra up for a small package One..... Two.... Three !!! Ultimate Phoenix had made a perfect pin to put himself one fall up.......... [B]Fall #1: Ultimate Phoenix via pinfall @ 8:21[/B] Negra knewing he was now playing catch up charged in aggressively as soon as referee Michael Bull signalled that the brief rest period between falls was now over....but that proved to be a mistake as Phoenix took him down with a drop toe hold, Phoenix applied the Elemental Clutch submission but they were too near the ropes for the hold to have much effect as Negra was able to shift his body weight over to the edge of the ring to force the rope break...... Back to their feet and Phoenix continued to push the pace, sending Negra out of the ring with a springboard roundhouse kick....Phoenix feeling the momentum in his favour then wound up for the no hands plancha but put the brakes on when he saw Negra move out out of the way at the last split second...... Phoenix then came charging through the ropes with a baseball slide that sent Negra back first into the barricade....Phoenix then slid back into the ring and then launched himself over the top with the no hands plancha wiping out Negra in the process but at the same time also putting his own body on the line..... Phoenix then dragged Negra back up onto the ring-apron but just as Phoenix was about to pitch Negra back into the ring, Negra sneaked in a knee shot to the lower regions of his 'brother' that had Phoenix doubled up, all of a sudden Negra had a front facelock applied and Phoenix was drilled onto the unforgivingly hard frame of the ring apron with a BRAINBUSTER ! Negra then pitched the limp form of the former two time Undisputed Champion into the ring and immediately went for the cover...... One....... Two...... Three ! Negra had evened the score and now looked to be the one in control of the match, and with Phoenix still planted to the mat, it looked as though there was only going to be one winner at this stage..... [B]Fall #2: Phoenix Negra vias pinfall @ 14:04[/B] Negra then tried to lift Phoenix back up to a vertical base, but Phoenix wasn't budging so Negra tried to make a quick pin..... One.... Two.... Thr..... Phoenix barely got his shoulder up, but somehow he got it up just enough for Bull not to slap his hand to the mat for a third time.....Negra then went for a second pin attempt...... One..... Two..... Thr...... But just as last time Phoenix managed to get his shoulder up just in time, and added to that Negra was unable to get Phoenix in position for the Last Chancery. Negra seemingly had the match in the bag, but Phoenix was doing just enough to survive and Negra was becoming increasingly frustrated. Negra then dragged Phoenix into position and went up top for the PHOENIX FIREBIRD SPLASH !! But Phoenix was able to roll out of the way at the last split second and Negra ended up hitting nothing but canvas, as they staggered back to their feet....Phoenix was able to avoid another attempt at the head punt from Negra...before suddenly hitting the FLAMING DRIVER but Phoenix was too worn down to immediately follow up and when the fan favourite did finally crawl across to make the cover Negra was able to easily kick out. Both then staggered up to their feet, looking as though they has already been through a war, but this was a war that was from over, with neither man willing to give in, knowing what was at stake...... All the flashy high flying and technical exchanges these two are capable of were quickly going out of the window as the match soon turned into a flat out brawl with neither giving an inch, and soon enough the ring couldn't contain them as their brawl spilt out to the floor and into the crowd...the match demanded that there had to be a winner by pinfall or submission...so neither man had to worry about count-outs.... Out in the crowd Phoenix creamed Negra with a chair shot only for Negra to shake it off and double Phoenix over with a chair into Phoenix mid-section doubling his rival over and setting up for brainbuster on the tiered steps of the inner circle of the Monty...but Phoenix was able to block and took Negra over with a snap suplex....the pain shooting through Negra as his back hit the hard steps. Negra sucked him up however and got back up but Phoenix was re-gaining control as he began to take control of the brawl as they started to head back towards the ring...... Phoenix then threw Negra into the ring-steps , before pitching his increasingly out of sorts rival back into the ring.....Phoenix then waited for Negra to stagger back to his feet before springboarding in, but Negra must have been playing possum as he sent Phoenix crashing out of mid-air with a perfect defensive drop-kick....... Phoenix then staggered back up to his feet......... This time the Kick to the Head connected ! BRAINBUSTER ! Negra then applied the LAST CHANCERY ! It was a sequence of moves that had won him many matches in the past and was it about to earn him victory here ? Michael Bull checked on the condition of Phoenix..... No response...... Bull checked again..... Still no response...... One last look from the FCW newly appointed head referee ! Phoenix still had some life left in him to the delight of the fans and he managed to manouevre his way over to the ropes to force the rope break...... Negra still looked to be in control however and got in a quick shot to the mid-section immediately after the rope break and appeared to be setting Phoenix up for the Certain Death but Phoenix managed to slip out and then stun Negra with a roundhouse kick, before dumping Negra win an Elemental Suplex and transitioning into a bridging pin...... One....... Two....... Negra kicked out, but then found himself on the receiving end of some of his own medicine as Phoenix connected with a kick to the head and then drilled Negra into the mat with brainbuster of his own ! One....... Two...... Thr...... Negra kicked out but remained rooted to the mat and Phoenix was now wondering what he had to do to put Negra away.....just as Negra did earlier Phoenix looked towards the turnbuckle and headed up to deliver the Phoenix Firebird Splash but just as he was steadying himself.....Negra suddenly popped back to his feet raced up the turnbuckle and sent Phoenix back into the ring with a Belly to Back SUPERPLEX ! Incredibly though Phoenix managed to land on his feet and when Negra turned round Phoenix was there to stun him with a leaping roundhouse kick.....Phoenix then swept Negra's legs out from underneath with a leg-sweep before quickly racing up the turnbuckles and launching himself off with the PHOENIX FIREBIRD SPLASH !! One...... Two..... Thr....... Negra managed to get his shoulders up just in time ! Phoenix then waited for Negra to stagger back to his feet, as he looked to plant his nemesis into the canvas with the Flaming Driver but Negra was able to block and all of a sudden Negra had Phoenix in position for the CERTAIN DEATH (vertebreaker) Phoenix tried to fight it off but Negra held firm and drilled Phoenix into the mat, the crowd went silent knowing this was the move that could well see the end of Ultimate Phoenix..... One....... Two..... Thr...... Too everyone's relief and amazement Phoenix kicked out, Negra didn't know what to do knowing he had just hit his top move on Phoenix, a move no one ever kicks out of. The sheer emotional importance of what was at stake keeping Phoenix going..... Negra then dragged Phoenix back up to his feet as he looked to hit a second consecutive Certain Death but this time Phoenix was able to block the attempt and then stun Negra with an Enziguri, before spinning Negra round and dumping him with an Elemental Suplex..... One....... Two..... Phoenix then took Negra over with a second consecutive Elemental Suplex.... One.... Two... Thr..... Still Negra kicked out, Phoenix then headed up top....Negra was soon back to his feet though and raced up the turnbuckle before Phoenix could launch himself off with the Phoenix Firebird Splash and soon the pair were duking it out on the top turnbuckle and then......Negra sent Phoenix crashing back int the ring with a SUPER BRAINBUSTER ! One....... Two........ Thr........ Phoenix kicked out again ! But this time Negra was unfazed by the determination of his arrival and once again applied his LAST CHANCERY submission....... Michael Bull checked on Phoenix but it was soon becoming apprearent that kicking out of the Super Brainbuster was his final bit of resistance and Bull called for the bell leaving the fans in a state of shock knowing that they could well be seeing the last of Ultimate Phoenix. This was another great match from these two, as they put everything on the line and whilst I don't think it topped some of their other matches, it certainly matched up to their best efforts and was a worthy main event. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Phoenix Negra defeated Ultimate Phoenix in 31:38 by two falls to one with the final fall via submission.[/COLOR][/B] [B][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] [I]Phoenix Negra then looked over the fallen almost lifeless body of Ultimate Phoenix, before demanding a microphone......[/I] [COLOR=darkred][B]Phoenix Negra:[/B] It has finally come to an end.......Justification at last, justification that not only can I match you, that I am also better than you Phoenix.......[/COLOR] [I]Negra then paused for a moment......[/I] [COLOR=darkred]But that's all I ever wanted, I just wanted to prove to everyone that I was never weaker than you, that I could prove all those doubters wrong....I never wanted to destroy you but you pushed my to the limit brother, you sent me over the edge. I don't want to be the one who ended Ultimate Phoenix, all I wanted to do was prove I was better than Ultimate Phoenix.....[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]Phoenix was now coming round, but he seemed to have heard every word Negra was saying and he was given a microphone of his own......[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Ultimate Phoenix:[/B] What you getting at Negra, you've had your victory....now just get it over and done with, I am proud of what I have achieved under this mask....now I know my time under this mask has come to an end, so can you at the very least please just give me a dignified ending......[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Phoenix Negra:[/B] A dignified ending ? Did you not hear me, I do NOT want to be the one who ends Ultimate Phoenix.......[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][B]Ultimate Phoenix:[/B] But wasn't that always your wish, or are you going to wear my mask like some kind of sick trophy ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Phoenix Negra:[/B] Wear your mask like a sick trophy ? I don't want to de-mask you at all ! I never wanted to de-mask you, I only agreed to the match so that we can finally put this feud to bed.......You my brother had sent me to places I never wanted to go to, I had damn near kill you to prove that I was better than you but throughout those battles I learned that I could never be better than you, all I learnt was I could only be as good as you.....[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix seems taken a back at what he was hearing coming out of the mouth of Phoenix Negra and so were the fans.......[/I] [COLOR=navy][B]Ultimate Phoenix:[/B] Stop toying with me Negra, you've won just de-mask me.....end this now ![/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred][B]Phoenix Negra:[/B] I can't, I just can't do it , I love you ![/COLOR] [I]Negra then backed out of the ring leaving the defeated Ultimate Phoenix (mask still intact, despite the defeat) and everyone else in a state of confusion by his actions.......[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]____________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]Overall: C+[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Steel Cage Warfare didn't quite deliver as it should have but overall all I was pretty satisfied with this show, even it does look like we have appeared to have currently plateaud out at C+. The Tag Title ladder match helped to further take the Tag Division to a new level, whilst the main event did manage to deliver, whilst the post match had fans guessing as to where the Ultimate Phoenix- Phoenix Negra story would be heading next, following Negra's bizarre refusal to de-mask Ultimate Phoenix.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;660492]Well I missed everything else, but I did call the mask swerve right ;) Although the ending does leave me curious where you are going with it.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Foolinc;660494]I thought it was possible for Negra to win the match and really I wanted him too, but I didn't see someone NOT de-masking. Nice going Tiger. [/QUOTE] They'll probably be a few people reading this disapppointed that Phoenix Negra's identity still hasn't been revealed. There are a few people who know already and to be honest the wrestler behind the mask is so much more interesting with the mask on. It's like when Tyler Morton donned the Acid mask. Anyway in a nutshell the Phoenix storyline still has legs, but will be going off in a different direction. To be honest I was tempted to end this diary with this show, especially as I feel that the past year (gametime) things in FCW had kind of plateaud; but the fact that people continue to read and comment on this diary has kept me motivated enough to carry it on and to see if I can rise to the challenge of getting FCW over that next hurdle.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;660746]To be honest I was tempted to end this diary with this show, especially as I feel that the past year (gametime) things in FCW had kind of plateaud; but the fact that people continue to read and comment on this diary has kept me motivated enough to carry it on and to see if I can rise to the challenge of getting FCW over that next hurdle.[/QUOTE] That's definitely good news. Although the company may be treading water a little in the game world, you're keeping it really interesting for the readers and it'll be interesting to see if you can push on in the future.

[CENTER][B][U]December in Review[/U][/B] [/CENTER] The 2012 edition of our annual Batalla Final show, was a good show but one we felt could have been better, due to the fact that the Steel Cage Warfare match in the semi main event didn't quite deliver, however it was still good enough for the show to be rise in importance just as Rey de Reyes and Anniversario did this year. We go into the new year without an Undisputed Champion, this is due to the fact that Darryl Devine's future with the promotion is very much up in the air, we want to retain him but to be honest he's probably out grown us due to his growing exposure with both USPW and NOTBPW. Our working relationship with NOTBPW however means that if he does go, we could bring him back as a guest performer and it's that relationship that saw us stick with the plan of putting the twin belts on Devine, despite the fact that we are probably aware that he is unlikely to re sign for us when his contract comes up for renewal at the beginning of next year. The vacant title situation will be addressed in the first show(s) of the new year, with an 8 man tournament likely to take place to decide the new champion. As expected we did make the loss this month but a loss at just a bit over $5000 it was considerably less than previous months where we have a two show month, however we will be taking our annual hiatus next month as we have found it to be a valuable cost cutting measure to help put us on more a solid financial grounding going into the year ahead. Steve Flash has also finished up with us again for the time being, after finishing up his latest guest run with us. We will be looking to bring in Flash again whenever we can, feeling that it is best to use the popular veteran as an occasional guest performer. Others on their way out of FCW this month were Brett Graveson (who despite being a very competent referee, arguably the best on the indepent circuit, his backstage attitude left alot to be desired) and manager Carl Batch. Batch had been with FCW since day one but since the W.O.V basically fizzled out, we have struggled to find him something to do. Batch leaves us on good terms though, so he could be brought back if we find the right project for him. Coming in are Alex Braun, Quentin Queen and referee Michael 'No B.S' Bull. Braun will be a prescence on our shows as the FCW Commissioner, we felt his experience in DaVE and the SWF plus the fact he is a good talker would give him gravitas as the voice of FCW management, Quentin Queen showed alot promise in his debut match against arguably our most improved worker of 2012 Marc Speed (Speed Machine) and we felt that despite the fact that we also brought in Dewey Libertine last month, we feel we should now really be operating with two referees as opposed to putting all the refererring work load on one man, which is why we decided to bring in Michael Bull, following the departure of Brett Graveson. Masked Cougar, Jared Johnson, Primus and Billy Jack Shearer (Soul Krusher) all put pen to paper on new deals with us. [CENTER]___________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [CENTER][B][U]Rival Promotion Watch[/U][/B][/CENTER] CZCW all Cage match affair Christmas Cage Chaos bore mixed results resulting in a good but not exceptional show (C+). Ultimate Phoenix teamed up with former FCW talent KC Glenn to defeat the monster pairing of Atlas and Ekuma (B), in what was an excellent Davids vs Goliaths contest but the Coastal Zone championship defence of Ernest Youngman against Donnie J in the main event (C+) had a hard time following that match. The general feeling amongst CZCW fans is that Youngman has been rushed into the main event scene in CZCW far too quickly. MAW's Epidemic of Hate was an average affair (C) that had some good matches amongst some not so good matches. The standout matches saw James 'Mainstream' Hernandez go over Bobby Thomas and J.D Morgan go to to time limit draw with Jay Chord in the semi main event (both B-). The main event however was a major let down as Johnny Martin made a rather uninspired defence of the Mid Atlantic title against Shady K (C-) The mediocrity continues in NYCW with their final show of 2012 Battle Lines another relatively forgettable affair (C-). Andre Jones succesfully defended the Empire Title in the main event against Erik Strong (C), whilst match of the night saw Lee Rivera defeat Casey Valentine (C+). [CENTER]______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [CENTER][B][U]December News and Notes From Around The Wrestling World[/U][/B][/CENTER] [B]General News[/B] CWWF have finally made the step up to being recognised as a Regional promotion. Despite being based out of Calgary, they have mainly concentrated on building a fanbase in the Ontario and Quebec regions of Canada. [B]Worker Signings[/B] AAA bring in Vampella, who only last month was posing nude for notorious mens magazine Rustler. There are times you have to wonder if AAA wants to see itself as the american equal of 5SSW or if it's trying to compete with BSC and concentrate more on T&A as opposed to promoting women as serious athletes, because no offence to Vampella but she's hardly the next coming of Wanda Fish. Veteran Cruiserweight Canadian Dragon last seen in regular employment with the defunct 4C promotion has been picked up by CGC. More than likely he will be used as little more than cannon fodder for the 'star names' to pick up easy wins. Following their rise to Regional size CWWF bring in Rebecca Petty, whilst Gorgon, Tracy Brendon and Missy Masterson all make their returns to the promotion. Justin Sensitive returns to CZCW about a year after his first run with the west coast based promotion came to and end. EWA original Puffy The Sand Iron Player returns to the promotion for the first time since 2009. Big Cat Brandon signs on with INSPIRE, after rejecting a contract extension with SWF, though one has to wonder if this is just a temporary arrangement until one of the big North American promotions (TCW or NOTBPW) decide to come in for him. Also signing on for INSPIRE on a PPA basis are Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Axxis Jr , Hirokumi Saito and Wasichi Inao, whilst Crusher Von Steinberg, Willie York and Insane Machine will all take part in their up-coming New Year tour. SWF prospect Greg Rayne has expanded his work schedule by joining MAW. Pitbull Brown joins MOSC and becomes one of many top UK workers who has worked for all three of the UK's leading promotions. MPWF sign former OLLIE talent Amo Del Gato. The suddenly in demand Evil Spirit adds SAISHO to his growing schedule. The INSPIRE gig for Tom Gilmore was a temporary one, after he was signed up by TCW to an exclusive written contract, to become the latest former SWF star to jump ship to their rivals. Arthur Dexter Bradley will take part in WLW's opening tour of 2013. [B]Worker Extensions[/B] 21CW extend the contracts of Rolling Johnny Stones and Ivan Ivanoff. 5SSW extend the contracts of Yuma Maruya, Yukiko Matsumara, legend/colour commentator Thunder Hike and manager Ryu Sugiyama. AAA extend the contracts of Suzanne Brazzle, color commentator Catherine Quine and manager Grace Harper. APW somehow manage to extend the contracts of Debonair David Peterson, Milton Hitzlespitez and The Void despite the fact they are running out of money to keep them afloat. BHOTWG secure Marhito Masuko, Red Panther (Ed Larkins) and Mohamed El Yaaggoudi to new exclusive written contracts, whilst Optimus (currently working as a road agent) sees his 'legends' contract extended. BSC extend the contracts of Annie Hitchc0ck, Coco de la Soleil, Officer Goodhead, referee Heather Halo and road agent/head booker Marilyn Stardust. A busy month of contract renegotiations for CGC as they extend the contracts of Edd Stone Fate, Hugh De Aske, Lee Rivera, Phillipe La Grenier , Dirty Frank, road agent Ed Monton, manager Roger Rogers and backstage interviewer Jenny Playmate CWWF extend the contracts of Sally Anne Christiansen, Viv Jacobs and road agent Chance. CZCW extend the contract of long time roster mainstay Fox Mask. EWA extend the contracs of Bam Bam Johanssson, Buff Martinez, Notorious F.R.E.A.K and womens wrestler Anna Ki. Exodus 2010 extend the contracts of Edo Phoenix IV and referee Kazuko Hiroyuki. GCG secure former BHOTWG prospect Dynamite Narahashi to a new written contract. INSPIRE extend the contracts of Masaaki Okazaki, Kenichi Komagata, Raul Hughes, SATO and referee Doppu Ibu. MAW extend the contracts of road agent Black Hat Bailey and color commentator Farrah Hesketh. MHW extend the contracts of Gino Montero and announcer Carlos Moreno. MOSC extend the contracts of DJ Reason, Edward Cornell and Hugh De Aske. MPWF were another promotion busy with contract renegoations this month as Blood Raven, Dragon Del Arco Iris Jr, El Bandito, Hypnotiq Jr, El Serpiente,Genio Verde, Hombre De La Energia, Mustang Blanco Jr, valet Gabriela Ortega and referee Ref Ben all put pen to paper on new deals. NOTBPW secured Harrison Hash, Harlem Haynes and womens wrestler Cherry Bomb to new written contracts. NYCW extend the contractsof Riley McManu and valet Fern Hathaway. OLLIE extend the contracts of Luis Montero Jr, road agent Manuel Prieto, valet Secreto and referee Benito Garcia. Washi Heat, Goemon Komiya and refree Yuguro Adachi all sign new written deals with PGHW. PSW extend the contracts of Tank Bradley, Paul Huntingdon, road agent Curt O'Malley and referee R.M Stones. RIPW extend the PPA deal of commentator Duke Hazzard, whilst Lassana Makutsi has his SWF Developmental deal extended. Many now feel that Makutsi is finally ready to make the step up to the SWF, but with RIPW's parent promotion currently struggling it seems unlikely Makutsi will be called up at this in time. ROF extend the contracts of Billy Robinson and refreee Humphrey Woolsey SAISHO extend the PPA deals of Kazuma Narato, Totoya Munakata, Stuart Ferdinand plus commentators Teriuhi Inoue and Danjuro Kommatsu. SOTBPW extend the contracts of Mayan Idol, valet Lucia and referee Ramirez. Erik Strong, James Prudence and manager Playboy Jake Sawyer all sign new PPA deals with SWF. Black Eagle and road agent Archie Judge both re-new their written contracts with TCW. UEW extend the contracts of Jay Heartbreak (EWA owner Byron), Jason Cole, Kalu Owusu and referee Gary Garrett. USPW extend the contracts of Ekuma The Hawaiian Strong Man and announcer Cliff Anderson. The Incredible KOYAMA, Mokuami Maita, recently retired KOKI Ishibashi, plus managers Junnosuke Furusawa, Taka Kajiwara and General Hayashi all sign new written contracts with WLW. They also re-new the 'Touring' contracts of Antonio Maxi Marquez, Nathaniel Ca$ino, Mr Lucha III and Extraordinario Jr. [B]Worker Releases/Departures[/B] BSC decide against renewing the contract of Lindsay Sugar. Brendon Idol and Ekuma both see their time with CZCW come to an end. The general feeling in both cases, that both wrestler and promotion came to a mutual agreement not to extend their current contract, with both wishing to concentrate more on their East Coast commitments. EWA decide against renewing the contract of Frank De Pain. Bulldozer Brandon Smith leaves Hinote Dojo stating that he wishes to concentrate on his commitments with INSPIRE and FCW. Tom Gilmore's run in INSPIRE was a short lived affair, after signing a written deal with the juggernaut that is TCW. MAW were hit with the departures of Bobby Thomas, Marc Speed, The Sensational Singh and 'Mean' Jean Cattley. Many feel though that Cattley who's heart is with the promotion (even when signing to TCW or SWF he only ever signed PPA deals with those promotions, so he could remain with MAW) will return if he can recover from the Broken Neck that has put him on the shelf since August. MOSC let go of Martin Heath. MPWF and Atlantis Jr fail to come to agreement over a new contract. OLLIE fans were shocked when Phoenix II decided against renewing his contract with the promotion. More trouble for SWF as one of their few remaining true main event calibre stars in Jack Bruce, decides against renewing contract with them. Long time roster main stay Joe Sexy also leaves, whilst Knuckles also fails to come to agreement over a new deal with the fallen giants. [B]Injuries[/B] It's the walking wounded in PGHW this month both Mito Miwa and Noriyori Sanda are working through Chronic Knee Pain and Alexander Robinson is suffering from a swollen calf muscle, though with PGHW now off tour until March they should have time to rehab their injuries. GCG's gaijin star Matthew Gauge has contracted Skyclads Bicep Disorder and will be out of action for around 45 Days [B]Backstage Trouble[/B] A story coming out of the Pacific Northwest is that long time Tag Partners and current AAA Tag Team champions Debbie Rose and Kate Lily have fallen out with one another. It is thought that the break down of their personal and probably now professional relationship is thought to be around the fact that both have been going out with the same man (it's not known if this man is someone in the wrestling business or not). [B]Media News[/B] SWF come to agreement with U-Demand to keep showing their supershows across the U.S on PPV. [B]Title Changes[/B] Alicia Strong ended the seven month reign of Raku Makuda to become the 5SSW World Champion for the first time and DEVIL Karube won the All-Asian belt for a fourth time. Amy Galaxy and Jen Neptune ended the 18 month long Girl Power Tag reign of Vampella and Alison Capone in BSC. Namboku Makuda became the GCG Openweight Champion for the first time. Akinori Kwakami defeated his Tag partner Mito Miwa to become the Historical Japan champion in PGHW for a seventh time. Pirata Malvado saw his latest reign as Campeon de Menor in SOTBPW brought to an ende by Hurucan Sandoval, only to win the belt back a few weeks later to win the title for the eleventh time since 2005. Squeeky McClean defeated Runaway Train to become the SWF World Heavyweight Champion for the first time in what was in all honesty a terrible match but probably a fitting end to what was on the whole a hugely disappointing World Title run for Train. Also in the SWF Kirk Jameson scored a relatively shocking win over veteran James Justice to become the North American champion. The TCW International title finds itself in the hands of yet another former World Champion, with Ricky Dale Johnson defeating Joey Minnesota to win the belt for a fourth time (but his first reign with this belt since 2005) [CENTER]______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [U][B]2012 Pro Wresting Hits Awards[/B][/U] [I]Pro Wrestling Hits had their annual awards ceremony, here is a list of this years winners.[/I] [B]Wrestler of the Year: Bryan Vessey (PGHW)[/B] The second time that Vessey has won the award (his first coming in 2008) he has proven to be an excellent singles wrestler in his own right since the retirement of his older brother Larry. Once again Vessey was involved in many great matches this year, nine of them being rated A*. [B]Young Wrestler of the Year: Matthew Keith(GCG)[/B] GCG's Matthew Keith (real name Matthew Gauge) wins the young wrestler of the year award for the third straight year. In truth Keith isn't just one of the best young wrestlers, he's one of the best wrestlers in the world of any age group. Despite losing the GCG World Title early in the year, Keith consistently put on some of the best matches in GCG or any promotion. [B]Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Jeremy Stone[/B] Another hat-trick of titles in the veteran category as NOTBPW's ever-green Jeremy Stone keeps churning out quality matches well into his forties. [B]Female Wrestler of the Year: Fuyuko Higa (5SSW)[/B] Fuyuko Higa wins the Best Female award for the second straight year. Her rivarly with Megumi Nakijima has resulted in some of the best womens wrestling matches not just of this year, but of all time taking place. [B]Promotion of the Year: Total Championship Wrestling[/B] A deserved win for TCW, who have now clearly established themselves as the top promotion in North America, whilst the rival SWF continue to flounder. [B]Most Improved Promotion of the Year: Exodus 2010[/B] The up-start Japanese promotion has come a long way in it's first two years of existence, whilst they wont be competing with any of the Big Four in Japan anytime soon and are still someway behind INSPIRE in terms of popularity, they are clearly separating themselves from the likes of SAISHO and Hinote Dojo to establish themselves as one of the top independents in Japan.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;660746] To be honest I was tempted to end this diary with this show, especially as I feel that the past year (gametime) things in FCW had kind of plateaud; but the fact that people continue to read and comment on this diary has kept me motivated enough to carry it on and to see if I can rise to the challenge of getting FCW over that next hurdle.[/QUOTE] Whilst it must be frustrating not being able to grow FCW as quickly as you'd like, probably due to the low importance of Puerto Rico more than anything, I do hope you keep this going for a while, it's very well put together and an interesting read.

I meant to comment right after you posted the show, but I wanted to give it a proper reread. Another great show, TK. The writing is as solid as always, but I really particularly liked what you did with a couple of the booking choices. The aftermath of the match between the two Phoenix's. The turn of PRP. And heading into the new year with no Undisputed champion. Not to mention that I really like the idea of Alex Braun as commissioner. Now, as for the diary coming to an end, I truly hope not. That's the selfish reader in me, but as I've said before, this will be a diary I will truly miss when its gone. More than just a diary I enjoy (there are quite a few), its one that I have become attached to (there are very few). I really don't think you have to worry about losing your readers... like a few other of the other most respected writers on here - James Casey, Nevermore, J Silver - I think the readers will be here for this one as long as the diary goes. That said, if you feel you've hit that plateau, it can be tough to keep the motivation up. And if you end up continuing just for the readers, you can end up losing the fun out of the project, I think. Tough situation. And while I do hope that FCW continues, the prospect of a new TigerKinney project somewhere down the road is enticing too.

[CENTER][B][U]Wrestling World Overview- Part One[/U] [/B][/CENTER] [B][COLOR=red][U]21st [COLOR=navy]Century[/COLOR] Wrestling[/U][/COLOR][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Jeff Nova / [B][I]Head Booker:[/I][/B] Pitbull Brown [B]Prestige:[/B] E+/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 5,695,011 [B]Size:[/B] Regional D (importance) in South,UK and Central Europe, D- in North UK, Scandinavia and Mediterranean, E+ in Midlands, Scotland, Ireland and Eastern Europe. F- in rest of the world [B]Current Champions[/B]: World- Shane Hannigans (since October 2012), United Kingdom - Pitbull Brown (since September 2012), UK Tag Team- Pitbull Brown & Leo Price (since April 2011). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Hugh De Aske (24), Jonathan Faust (30), Shane Hannigans (36), Stevie Stoat (36) [B]Show Ratings[/B]: 60 Shows (Weekly TV Show + Monthly Supercard) C: 6 (10%), C-: 16 (27 %), D+: 13 (22 %), D : 18 (31 %), D-: 4 (7%), E+: 3 (5 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] E+, E+, D-,D, C-. [B]Television[/B]: 21CW- Best of British Wrestling- One Hour late night Mondays on Euro Cable Sports 4. Coverage in UK and Europe, ratings currently around 0.04. 21 Episodes left on the contract. [B]Summary:[/B] Whilst 21CW are turning a profit and wont be going out of business anytime soon, they have hardly turned out to be the Sports Entertainment revolution that Jeff Nova envisioned when he bought the company. Whilst they have managed to maintain a consistent level of popularity across both the UK and Europe, signs are appearing that UK wrestling fans are beginning to turn their back on 21CW, especially in their home territory with ROF quickly closing the gap in the South region. There is also a sense that their booking needs a major shake up if they are going to catch on again. With Pitbull Brown holding the UK Title (si and the Tag Titles with Leo Price (since April 2011) UK wrestling fans question if he is over-pushing himself, in Pitbull's defence he will say he's not the 21CW World Champion. [CENTER]_____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [COLOR=indigo][B][U][COLOR=olive]5 Star[/COLOR] Supreme Wrestling[/U][/B][/COLOR] [B]Owner:[/B] Sagurako Kagawa/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Kuniyoshi Chishu [B]Prestige[/B]: B / [B]Money:[/B] $19, 991,667 [B]Size:[/B] Cult B- in Kanto, C+ in Kinki & Hokkaido, C in Chubu, Chugoku & Kyushu, C- in Tohoku/Shikoku, E/E- in rest of world. [B]Current Champions[/B]: World- Alicia Strong (since December 2012), All Asian- DEVIL Karube (since December 2012), Tag Team- 'Culture Shock' Joanne Rodriguez & Tsuki Kawamata (since September 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Alicia Strong (26), Amber Allen (25), Fuyuko Higa (22), Joanne Rodriguez (33), Megumi Nakijima (25), Raku Makuda (32). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 78 Shows (Touring Schedule: 6 months on, 6 months off- 3 shows a week + 6 Supercards ) A: 1 (1%), B+: 2 (3 %), B: 21 (27%), B-: 39 (50 %), C+: 14 (18%), C: 1 (1%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C+, B, B-, B-, B. [B]Television:[/B] 5SSW In Action- One Hour 'Tour Highlight's show Early Evening, Thursdays on All Japan TV. Coverage in Japan, rating around 0.65. 17 Episodes left on the contract. [B]Summary:[/B] 5SSW continue to roll on as the top all womens promotion in the World with the next generation (led by future legend in the making Fuyuko Higa) showing that they are capable of filling the void left by the retirements of legends like Sensational Ogiwara. Plus with womens wrestling legend in the making Alicia Strong now on board the future looks very bright for 5SSW. [CENTER]__________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=purple]Angel Athletic Association[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Anne Stardust/ [B]Booker[/B]: Catherine Quine [B]Prestige:[/B] E-/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 2,457,927 [B]Size:[/B] Regional D in North West, D- in Mid West, F+ in South West, British Columbia, Mid West and Prairies. F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champions[/B]: Femme Fatale- Raven Nightfall (since December 2011), Top Contenders- Stephanie Wade (since January 2012), Tag Team - Debbie Rose & Kate Lilly (since March 2011). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Joanne Rodriguez (33), Raven Nightfall (36), Stephanie Wade (32), Vampella (31) [B]Show Ratings[/B]: 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) C: 2 (17 %), C-: 3 (25%), D+: 5 (41%), D: 2 (17%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D+, D+, C-, D+, D [B]Summary:[/B] AAA continue to put themselves on a solid financial grounding, they have stalled in terms of growth, with the general quality of their shows regressing. The loss of Wanda Fish to NOTBPW and the retirements of Grace Harper and Sara Marie York won't have helped but the general booking is also increasingly coming under critcisim for being too 'safe' and uninspired. [CENTER]_____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=darkgreen]Australian Pro Wresting[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] James J McMinster, [B]Head Booker:[/B] Sean Quartermainne [B]Prestige:[/B] C/ [B]Money:[/B] Undisclosed but the promotion is thought to be in major debt and on the brink of going bankrupt [B]Size:[/B] Regional C- in Eastern Australia, D in Western , D- in New Zealand, E in Central. F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Commonwealth- Harry Simonson (since April 2012), Australian- Rick Stantz (since July 2012), Tag Team- 'Darkness Rising' Spiffy Stan Standish & Rick Stantz (since September 2011). [B]Current Main Eventers[/B]: Big Daddy Horne (46), Debonair David Peterson (38), Harry Simonson (34), (Swoop McCarthy (24). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 60 Shows (Weekly TV Show + Monthly Supercard) B: 1 (1%), C+:16 (27 %), C: 19 (31 %), C-: 12 (20 %), D+: 8 (13 %), D: 4 (7 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C-, D+, C+, C+, C. [B]Television:[/B] APW Bring The Pain- One Hour Late Night Saturdays on The Bloke Channel. Ratings currently around 0.03. 24 Episodes left on the contract. [B]Summary:[/B] It all looked so bright for APW earlier in the year, when Australia's biggest, actually only wrestling promotion rose to Cult Size earlier in the year...however the rise to Cult Size looks like it could turn out to be the Death Knell for the promotion, as reports coming out of Australia that they are sadly on the verge of bankruptcy. [CENTER]___________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=magenta]Babes of Sin City[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Honey Golightly/ [B]Head Booker[/B]: Marilyn Stardust [B]Prestige:[/B] E/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 863,941 [B]Size:[/B] Regional E+ in South West, F- everywhere else [B]Current Champions:[/B] Queen of the Ring - Katherine Goodlooks (since Novmeber 2012), Girl Power Tag Team- Amy Galaxy and Jen Neptune (since December 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Michelle Brendon (38), Raven Nightfall (36), Suzanne Brazzle (34), Vampella (31). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) D: 4 (33 %), D-: 7 (58%), E+: 1 (8%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D, D, E+, D-, D-. [B]Summary:[/B] Whilst the emphasis is still very much on T&A, BSC are actually mixing in the odd bit of decent wrestling these days into their shows, and to be fair it's something they started to do last year and whilst they won't be troubling 5SSW any time soon as the best all womens promotion in the World, their rise to Regional size shows they have become increasingly recognised as a valuable alternative form of entertainment in their home city of Las Vegas. [CENTER]______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=sienna]Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Kaneie Komine/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Haruki Kudo [B]Prestige:[/B] B+/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 72,386, 294 [B]Size:[/B] National B in Kanto, B- in Kinki and Hokkaido, C+ in Chubu, Chugoku and Kyushu, C in Shikoku & Tohoku. Mostly E's everywhere peaking at E+ in Tri-State (USA) and lowest in Central Australia (F+). [B]Current Champions:[/B] World Championship- Miyamae (since October 2012), Junior Championship- Elemental III (since September 2012), World Tag Team - Tadakuni Toshusai and Fukusuburu Inao (since November 2012),Openweight Championship- Masked Cougar (since November 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Eisaku Hoshino (38), Heiachiro Sakai (27), Hiroaki Nakasawa (35), Miyamae (41), Samoan Machine (32), Seji Jimbo (24), Shimedzu (42), Yasanobu Masuno (30) [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] Kinnojo Horri is currently out long term injured and would probably be getting the main event push at the expense of Heiachiro Sakai[/FONT] [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 63 Shows (Touring Schedule: 7 months on, 5 months off- 2 shows a week + 7 Supercards ) A: 15 (24%), B+: 17 (27 %), B: 25 (40 %), B-: 2 (3 %), C+: 3 (5%), C: 1 (1.5 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] B+, B+, B, A, B. [B]Television:[/B] BHOTWG Lords of the Ring- 90 Minute Tour Highlights Package Monday Evenings on Japanese Sports Vision. Coverage across Japan. Current show ratings around 2.50. 25 episodes left on contract. [B]PPV:[/B] Currently shown across the whole of Japan via Emperor Choice. Biggest Buy Rate: 2.14 (Night of the Burning Hammer- March), Last Buy Rate: 1.93 [B]Summary:[/B] BHOTWG may not have regained their spot as the top promotion in Japan but they did somewhat steady the ship this year. Encouraging signs came with a notable increase in PPV buy rates, with Night of the Burning Hammer breaking the 2.0 barrier this year. Whilst the Heavyweight division struggles to match the glory days of past years, the Junior Division which has arguably always been BHOTWG's biggest strength continues to flourish, with the likes of Elemental III, Sensational Dragon and Black Cobra often delivering some of the promotions best matches. [CENTER]____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][COLOR=red]Canadian [COLOR=olive]Golden[/COLOR] Combat[/COLOR][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Alex DeColt/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Larry Wood [B]Prestige[/B]: B-/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 11,293,748 [B]Size:[/B] Cult C in Ontario, Quebec, Tri-State and Mid South, C- in British Columbia, New England, North West, Mid West, South East and South West, D+ in Prairies, Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, D in Puerto Rico, D- in Maritimes, F+ in Hawaii and Mexico, F- in Rest of the World. [B]Current Champions[/B]: World- Bobby Thomas (since August 2012), Canadian- Zeus Maximillion (since October 2012), Tag Team- 'Soldiers of Fortune' Destiny & Fate (since December 2011). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Alex DeColt (38), Bobby Thomas (36), Dan DaLay (37), Destiny (42), Trent Shaffer (27), Zeus Maximillion (35). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 60 Shows (Weekly TV Show + Monthly Supercard) B: 7 (12%), B-: 10 (17 %), C+: 11 (18 %), C : 22 (37 %), C-: 2 (3 %), D+: 5 (8 %), D: 3 (5 %). [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D, B-, D+, C, C+ [B]Television:[/B] CGC Title Bout Wrestling- 1 Hour Saturdays Late Evening on the Pop ! Network. Coverage across the whole of Canada, mainland U.S and Puerto Rico. Current show ratings around 1.50. 32 episodes left on contract. [B]PPV:[/B] Currently shown in Canada on Canada 1-Choice. Biggest Buy Rate: 0.39(DeColt Wrestle Festival- Day 1: March), Last Buy Rate: 0.25. [B]Summary:[/B] The arrival of Phil Vibert both on screen as an authority figure and as the new head booker, did create some initial buzz for CGC but they remain a distant second to NOTBPW as the top promotion in Canada, and if anything that initial buzz seems to have died down with TV Ratings falling back to what they were last year and their last PPV Chamber of Horrors actually doing a poorer buy rate than it managed last year. CGC's main problem may be the trying to run before it can walk syndrome that befalls so many promotions, with them trying to crack the U.S market instead of putting most of their efforts into maintaining their popularity in their native Canada. [CENTER]_____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=olive]Canadian [COLOR=darkred]Womens [/COLOR]Wrestling [/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]Federation[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Tamara McFly/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] The Guru [B]Prestige:[/B] D/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 427, 288 [B]Size:[/B] Regional E+ in Quebec, E in Ontario, F- everywhere else [B]Current Champions:[/B] Universal- Tamara McFly (since August 2011), Continental - Katherine Goodlooks (since February 2012), Tag Team- Vacant (since November 2012) [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Alicia Strong (26), Joanne Rodriguez (33), Principessa (34), Tamara McFly (33). Show Ratings: 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) B-: 3 (25 %), C+:5 (42 %), C: 3 (25%), D+: 1 (8%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C+, C+, C, C+, C+ [B]Summary:[/B] CWWF finally got recognised as a Regional promotion at the end of the year, something they deserve after consistently putting on shows that far out-stripped the more established AAA. The fact that Alicia Strong chose to come to CWWF over AAA, when she took the decision to expand her wrestling schedule beyond working for USPW shows that CWWF are perhaps becoming recognised as the top All womens promotion in North America. [CENTER]____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=navy][COLOR=royalblue]Coastal[/COLOR] Zone [COLOR=royalblue]Championship[/COLOR] Wrestling[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner/Head Booker:[/B] Cliff Anderson [B]Prestige:[/B] E/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 3,221,293 [B]Size:[/B] Regional C- in South West, E in North West, Mid South, North/West/Central Mexico, E- in Hawaiii, F- Everywhere else. [B]Current Champions[/B]: Coastal Zone Championship: Ernest Youngman (since November 2012), Xtreme- Fox Mask (since July 2012), Tag Team- Vacant (since November 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Donnie J (35), Ernest Youngman (19), KC Glenn (21), Ultimate Phoenix (36). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) B: 2 (17 %), B-: 4 (33 %), C+:3 (25 %), C: 3 (25%). [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] B-, C+, B, C+, C+. [B]Summary:[/B] Word about how good CZCW is has finally started to filter out of California, with their popularity noticeably starting to grow in their neighbouring regions this year. At their very best they are the best independent promotion in North America, though at times some strange booking decisions have perhaps seen them put on shows that haven't gone over quite as well as they should have. Potential Superstars in the making K.C Glenn and Ernest Youngman appear to be steering CZCW into a new era alongside more established talents like Ultimate Phoenix, Donnie J and Fox Mask but many feel that Youngman, despite his undoubted talent could be being pushed to the top far too soon. [CENTER]_____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=blue]European Wrestling [/COLOR][COLOR=olive]All Stars[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner/Head Booker:[/B] Byron [B]Prestige:[/B] E+ / [B]Money:[/B] $ 1, 735, 462 [B]Size:[/B] Regional D- in Central Europe, F+ in Scandinavia & Mediterranean, F- everywhere else [B]Current Champions:[/B] Universal- Doctor Insane (since August 2012), European - Haiti Voodude (since August 2012), Tag Team- 'Joint Chiefs' Schhemig Behemoth & Jake Panic (since September 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Bam Bam Johansson (28), Byron (36), Doctor Insane (45). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) D+: 3 (25 %), D: 4 (33 %), D-: 4 (33 %), E+: 1 (8%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D-, D-, E+, D-, D-. [B]Summary:[/B] The dominant (that's what EWA wanted you to think, it was actually tedious) Univeral Title run of Bam Bam Johannson was finally brought to an end by Doctor Insane. So they take their top belt off a talentless roid freak and then put it on an ageing novelty act.....progress ! Progress is something EWA failed to make any of this year, the only good things for them this year is that they didn't really go backwards and their bank account became a little healthier. [CENTER]___________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=red]Exodus [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]2010[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Diamond Furusawa, [B]Head Booker:[/B] Tasuku Shinozuka. [B]Prestige:[/B] D+/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 514,159 [B]Size:[/B] Cult D+ in Kanto, D in Kinki and Hokkaido, D- in Tohoku, Chubu, Kyushu and Chugoku, E+ in Shikoku, E- in Tri-State, US, mostly F+ in rest of World. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Golden Crown- Stealth-Z (since November 2012), Silver Crown- Young Boy Sayuki (since September 2012), Double Crown- JOJI & Young Boy Sayuki (since March 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Edo Phoenix IV (21), Mercury (20), Speed D (23), Stealth-Z (21) [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 70 Shows (Touring Schedule: 8 months on, 4 months off- 2 shows a week + 8 Supercards ) C: 3 (4%), C-: 22 (32%), D+ : 26 (37%), D: 17: 24 %, D-: 2 (3%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D+, C-, D, D+, C- [B]Summary:[/B] This time last year Exodus 2010 were still recognised as only a Small promotion, now they are being recognised as a Cult Promotion, it's an incredible rise within only one year that earned them recognition as TEW.com's most improved promotion of the year. However the year ahead will be the most crucial in Exodus 2010 short history, with the likes of 4C who went out of business at the beginning of the year and the soon to be heading that way APW as possible warning signs about rising to Cult level too soon. However if Exodus 2010 do manage to keep themselves a float, then they appear to have a bright future ahead. With a few exceptions most of their roster are under 30 and they appear to be developing a reputation as a promotion who can help develop the stars of the future in Japan, especially when it comes to the development of exciting new-comers to the Super Junior scene.

[CENTER][B][U]Wrestling World Overview- Part Two[/U][/B][/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=olive]Golden [COLOR=black]Canvas[/COLOR] Grappling[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Hanshiro Furusawa/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Yoshifusa Maeda [B]Prestige:[/B] A/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 34,794, 028 [B]Size:[/B] National B+ in Kanto, B in Kinki, B- in Chubu, Chugoku, Hokkaido & Kyushu, C in Shikoku & Tohoku. Mostly E's everywhere peaking at E+ in Hawaii and lowest in Central Australia (F+). [B]Current Champions:[/B] World Heavyweight Championship- Toshiharu Hyobanshi (since October 2012), World Heavyweight Tag Team- Yasuhide Tayama & Barry Griffin(since June 2012), Openweight Championship- Namboku Makuda (since December 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Hiroyasu Gakusha (33), Jack Marlowe (37), Jimmy Cox (40), Marat Khoklov (37), Matthew Keith (23) *, Takayuki 2000 (34), Toshiharu Hyobanshi (35), Yasuhide Tayama (31) * Currently Injured [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 70 Shows (Touring Schedule: 8 months on, 4 months off- 2 shows a week + 8 Supercards ) A*: 1 (1 %), A: 29 (41%), B+: 29 (41 %), B: 8 (11 %), B-: 2 (3 %), C+: 1 (1 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] A, B, B+, A, B+ [B]Television:[/B] GCG Stars of the Golden Canvas - One Hour Tour Higlights Package Thursday Late Evenings on Japanese Sports Vision 2. Coverage across Japan. Current show ratings around 2.15. 41 episodes left on contract. [B]Summary:[/B] 2012 was a year of consolidation for GCG following their rise back to National size. Somewhat surprisingly despite proving that they have been able to stay amongst the top promotions in Japan, they have yet to find themselves back on PPV. [CENTER]______________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=sienna]Hinote Dojo[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Stunner Okazawaya/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Masami Aizawa [B]Prestige:[/B] E+/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 1, 649, 668 [B]Size:[/B] Regional C- in Kinki, F+ in rest of Japan & Hawaii , F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champion:[/B] Triple Crown- Kazuma Narato (since September 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers[/B]: Dean Daniels (37), Kazuma Narato (34), Munemitsu Senmatsu (27) [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) B-:2 (17%), C+: 6 (50 %), C: 4 (33 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C, C+, C+, B-, B- [B]Summary:[/B] You still have to wonder what purpose Hinote Dojo serve as a feeder promotion to BHOTWG, when none of the roster are under a developmental contract, the continued abscence of Tag Team Titles despite featuring Tag Team wrestling on their shows is also bizarre. However they do continue to provide, alongside SAISHO a haven for wrestlers in Japan who aren't quite good enough to make it to the Big leagues, amongst those who have been there and deemed surplus to requirements. On a positive note for this truly Regional promotion (they never seem to venture outside of their homebase of Kinki) their final shows of 2012 were amongst the best they have ever put on. [CENTER]__________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=darkred]INSPIRE [COLOR=black]Diversity[/COLOR] Group [/COLOR][COLOR=black]International[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Tadiyuki Kikkawa/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Tasuku Iesada [B]Prestige:[/B] B-/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 24,383,447 [B]Size:[/B] Cult B- in Kanto, C+ in Kinki, C in Chubu, Chugoku, Hokkaido & Kyushu, C- in Shikoku & Tohoku. Mostly E's everywhere peaking at E+ in Hawaii and lowest in Central Australia (F+). [B]Current Champion:[/B] King of Fighters- Tasuku Iesada (since October 2012) [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Masaaki Okazaki (42), Raul Hughes (47), Tadiyuki Kikkawa (40), Tasuku Iesada (39) [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 40 Shows (Touring Schedule: 8 months on, 4 months off- 1 show a week + 8 Supercards ) B: 5 (12.5 %), B-: 20 (50 %), C+: 14 (35 %), C: 1 (2.5 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C+, B-, C+, B, B [B]Television:[/B] INSPIRE Warfare - One Hour Tour Higlights Package Friday Late Evenings on Japanese Sports Vision 2. Coverage across Japan. Current show ratings around 1.45. 22 episodes left on contract. [B]Summary:[/B] INSPIRE are another promotion that have all in honesty consolidated, rather than built on or fallen back from their position of last year. Despite the fact that they been able to make the odd surprising addition to their roster, the main event scene remains the same and it has remained pretty much the same since the promotions inception. Tom Gilmore comes to mind, amongst those who caused a slight stir by heading to the MMA influenced promotion...though he was only around for a short amount of time and many feel their latest big name gaijin signing in 'Big Cat' Brandon James is also likely to be only a temporary arrangement. [CENTER]__________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=red][COLOR=navy]Men[/COLOR] of Steel [/COLOR][COLOR=navy]Combat[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner/ Head Booker:[/B] Greg 'The Highland Warrior' McPeterson [B]Prestige:[/B] E+/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 1,155,785 [B]Size:[/B] Regional E+ in North & Scotland, F+ in rest of UK, F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champions:[/B] UK Championship: Danny Patterson (since June 2012), Blood & Beer- Harley Neill (since October 2012), UK Tag Team- 'The Suicide Solution' Jeffrey McPeteson & Kevin Jones (since January 2011). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Danny Patterson (37), Hugh De Aske (24), Joss Thompson (31). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) C+: 1 (8 %), C: 6 (50 %), C-: 4 (33 %), D+: 1 (8%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D+, C-, C, C, C+ [B]Summary:[/B] MOSC continued to show improvement in 2012, with not one of their shows dropping into the D Range throughout the year, showing that the promotion had found a level of consistency in terms of the quality of their product they are putting out and whilst the focus is still very much on hardcore brawling, the likes of Hugh De Aske, Joss Thompson and Eddie Cornell amongst others have brought a quality of wrestling skill to the Northern based promotion not seen since Cliff 'Dark Angel' Wilson was making a name for himself. [CENTER]__________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=darkgreen]Mexican [COLOR=red]Hardcore[/COLOR] Wrestling[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Don 'Coyote Dynamite' Richards/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Carlos Moreno [B]Prestige:[/B] C+/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 1,532,988 [B]Size:[/B] Cult C+ in Northern Mexico, D in South Eastern Mexico, D- in West Central Mexico, E in South West U.S, E- in Hawaii, F+ in rest of U.S, F- in rest of the world. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Campeon del Mundo- Marcos Flores (since October 2012), Mayan Idol- (since September 2012), Campeones de Parejas- Gino Montero & Amazing Fire Fly (since August 2012) [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] El Demonio (38), El Leon (30), Marcos Flores (37), Mayan Idol (40), Pablo Rodriguez (34) [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 60 Shows (Weekly TV show + monthly super-show) A: 5 (8 %), B+: 12 (20 %), B: 9 (15 %), B-: 18 (30 %), C+: 9 (15 %), C: 5 8 %), C-: 2 (3 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] B, A, B-, B+, A [B]Television:[/B] MHW Tiro Abajo- 1 Hour Sundays Late Night on El Canal del Hombre Dos. Coverage across Mexico. Current show ratings around 0.05. 20 episodes left on contract. [B][B]Summary[/B][/B]: 2012 saw the up-start MHW promotion rise to Cult Size. The rapidly rising promotion appeared to have been able to cope admirably with the increased pressure of running a promotion of that size and many feel they could push on and forge ahead of the old guard of OLLIE and MPWF to challenge SOTBPW as the top promotion in Mexico. In previous years MHW also seemed to operate a revolving door policy, but this year saw their roster settle down, which resulted in more coherent booking and more fans becoming invested in the promotion. [CENTER]_____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=darkgreen]Mexican [COLOR=red]Premier[/COLOR] [COLOR=olive]Wrestling[/COLOR] Federation[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner/Booker:[/B] Domino [B]Prestige:[/B] B-/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 4,757,404 [B]Size:[/B] Cult C in Northern Mexico, C- in South Eastern, West Central and South West USA, E- in Hawaii, F+ in rest of USA, F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Campeon de Herencia de Mundo- Electrico (since April 2012), Campeon de Lucha- Magnifico (since November 2012), Campeones de Parejas- El Hispado Roja & El Mitico Jr (since November 2012), Campeones de Trios- Inca Jr, Payaso Jr & Ultra Spark (since September 2012) [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Angel De Mexico (30), Blood Raven (31), Electrico (37), Genio Verde (38), Spanish Superfly (43). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 60 Shows (Weekly TV show + monthly super-show) B+: 1 (2 %), B: 1 (2 %), B-: 13 (22 %), C+: 33 (55 %), C:6 (10 %), C-: 3 (5 %), D+: 3 (5 %). [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C+, B-, C+, C+, B- [B]Television:[/B] MPWF Lucha Total- 1 Hour Wednesdays Early Evening on Los Deportes Hoy. Coverage across Mexico and in South West USA. Current show ratings around 0.23. 21 episodes left on contract [B]Summary:[/B] Not alot of change from last year as MPWF still find themselves as the number three promotion in Mexico, often putting on shows that are a step behind either OLLIE or SOTBPW. There position as the number three could be under threat though from the rapidly rising MHW. [CENTER]____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U]Mid [COLOR=blue]Atlantic[/COLOR] Wrestling[/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Jay Chord/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Farrah Hesketh [B]Prestige:[/B] D-/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 1,566,693 [B]Size:[/B] Regional D in Mid Atlantic, F+ in Great Lakes & South East, F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Mid Atlantic Championship- Johnny Martin (since June 2012), Mid Atlantic Tag Team - Henry Lee & Warlord Power (since November 2012) [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Jay Chord (22), JD Morgan (44), Johnny Martin (43), Paul Huntingdon (27) [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) C+: 3 (25 %), C: 6 (50 %), C-: 2 (17 %), D+: 1 (8%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] D+, C, C+, C, C [B]Summary:[/B] 2012 turned out to the most turbulent in MAW's history following the passing of their owner Rip Chord. Jay his son inherited the promotion from his father and shook things up a bit by appointing Farrah Hesketh as the new head booker. In all honesty despite the up-heaval behind the scenes MAW haven't really gone backwards or gone forwards from where they were a year ago. To add to a troubling year for the Virginia based promotion former head booker and MAW 'icon' Jean Cattley suffered a broken neck whilst working for TCW. Cattley has now left MAW, whilst he rehabs with TCW paying for his medical bills and whilst many feel he will return, he does not have the same sense of loyalty to Jay Chord, as he did to Jay's father and that this is different MAW to the one Rip Chord was in charge of. [CENTER]____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=navy]New [COLOR=royalblue]York[/COLOR] City [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Wrestling[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] The Stomper/ [B]Head Booker:[/B] Black Hat Bailey [B]Prestige:[/B] D-/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 2,449,508 [B]Size:[/B] Regional D+ in Tri State, F+ in Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, New England, Quebec & Ontario, F in Maritimes, F- everywhere else. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Empire- Andre Jones (since February 2012), Tag Team- 'Cyber Squad' Snow Fox & The Sensational Singh (since March 2011), Tri State Regional- Bradford Peverall (since April 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Andre Jones (27), Edd Stone (26), Erik Strong (27), Rick Sanders (43) [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 12 Shows (Monthly shows only) C+: 2 (17 %), C: 4 (33 %), C-: 3 (25 %), C-: 2 (17 %), D+: 1 (8%) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] C-, C, C-, D+, C- [B]Summary:[/B] NYCW can no longer be accused of being a semi retirement home for ageining wrestlers any more, because with a few exceptions most of the roster are south of 40 but for the transition is proving to be a difficult one with the current roster failing to catch on with the NYCW crowds the likes of Steve Flash or even Whistler did, that's highlighted none more so in the current Empire champion Andre Jones, who despite holding the belt for almost the entire year has failed to convince the NYCW fans he has what it takes to 'carry' the promotion. [CENTER]____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=darkred]North of the Border Pro Wrestling[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Jeremy Stone / [B]Head Booker[/B]: Eric Tyler [B]Prestige:[/B] A*/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 13,703,781 [B]Size:[/B] Global B in Ontario and Quebec, C+ in Prairies, British Columbia, Tri-State, Mid-South, South West, Northern Mexico, C in Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, Mid West, North West, New England, South East, West/Central Mexico, C- in South/Eastern Mexico, D+ in Maritimes, Puerto Rico, D- in Hawaii, F+ Everywhere else [B]Current Champions:[/B] Canadian- Dallas McWade (since June 2012), Tag Team- Rickt De Colt & Dean McWade (since July 2012), Womens- Cherry Bomb (since October 2012) [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Bruce The Giant (41), Dallas McWade (41), Dan Stone Jr (40), Jack DeColt (35), Jeremy Stone (46), John Maverick (37), Owen Love (38). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 108 Shows (2 Weekly TV Shows + 12 Monthly Supershows) A* : 1 (1%), A: 25 (23 %), B+: 34 (31 %), B: 24 (32 %), B-: 15 (14 %), C+: 5 (5 %), C: 4 (4 %) [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] B, C+, B, B+, B+ [B]Television:[/B] NOTBPW Championship Wrestling- 2 Hours Sunday Primetime on La Red De La Lucha. Coverage in Canada via Maple Leaf, coverage in Mexico & South West USA via La Red De La Lucha. Ratings on La Red De La Lucha around 0.70. Show has competed run and is now up for renewal. NOTBPW Wrestling Tonight- New show, started in December. 2 Hours Thursdays Prime Time on IC-TV. Coverage in Canada/Tuesdays Late Evenings on America-Sports 1, coverage in U.S exept Hawaii. Ratings around 0.45 on IC-TV, around 1.6 on America Sports-1. Show has completed run on IC-TV and is now up for renewal, 21 episodes left on America Sports-1 contract. [B]PPV:[/B] Currently shown in Canada on Canada 1-Choice and in Mexico on Demand- TV Mexico. Biggest Buy Rate: 2.35 (Winter War, December), Last Buy Rate: 2.35 [B]Summary:[/B] NOTBPW are now officially seen as a global force in the world of professional wrestling, after succesfully obtaining a foothold in the neighbouring U.S and Mexico markets, whilst also maintaining their popularity within their home country. Whilst NOTBPW are actually some-way behind TCW in terms of overall popularity despite both promotions being called 'Global', TCW must surely now be seeing the Canadian promotion as a bigger threat than the ailing SWF, this was particularly high-lighted when Jack DeColt decided to return to Canada to join the newly 'global sized' promotion , something that must have been particularly galling to CGC owner George DeColt, who now see's two of his sons working for the rival promotion (Ricky is the other). The decision to put the NOTBPW Canadian Championship on Dallas McWade (a man seen as a perennial Tag Team mid-card brawler by most fans) was a surprising one as the promotion heads into a new era but the gamble seems to have paid off....the fans want to see McWade 'lose the belt', as those they feel represent what NOTBPW should be about (technical expertise over brawling) try their best to wrestle the belt away from the admittedly resillient champion. Those challengers have actually carried McWade to some great matches and whoever beats McWade for the belt will be treated as a hero by the NOTBPW fans, if NOTBPW are really brave they'll have another shock winner defeat McWade for the belt, rather than put it back on one of the Stones. [CENTER]_____________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [B][U][COLOR=olive]Original [COLOR=darkgreen]Lucha [/COLOR][COLOR=red]Libre[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]In[/COLOR] Extreme[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Joaquin Soler/ [B]Head Booker[/B]: Phoenix I [B]Prestige:[/B] B/ [B]Money:[/B] $ 366,841 [B]Size:[/B] Cult C in Mexico, C- in South -West, E in rest of mainland U.S, E- in Puerto Rico and Hawaii, F- Everywhere else. [B]Current Champions:[/B] Campeon de Universal- El Leon (since October 2012), Campeones de Trios- Phoenix I, Gino Montero & El Heroe Mexicano (since April 2012), Campeones de Parejas - SWARM I and Championa Jr (since June 2012), Campeon de Mexico- Hijo Del Relampago (since October 2012). [B]Current Main Eventers:[/B] Championa Jr (36), El Leon (30), Gino Montero (23),Mayan Idol (40), Ultimate Phoenix (37). [B]Show Ratings:[/B] 60 Shows (Weekly TV show + monthly super-show) B+: 4 (7 %), B: 20 (33 %), B-: 23 (38 %), C+: 6 (10 %), C: 4 (7%), C-: 1 (2 %), D+: 1 (2 %), D: 1 (2 %). [B]Current Form (last 5 shows):[/B] B-, C+, B-, B, B [B]Television:[/B] OLLIE Guerreros del Anillo - 1 Hour Saturdays Early Evening on Los Deportes Hoy. Coverage across Mexico and in South West USA. Current show ratings around 0.34. 20 episodes left on contract. [B]Summary:[/B] At the beginning of the year the head book of OLLIE returned to Phoenix I and that decision on the whole seems to have been a good one. Whilst Mexico's oldest promotion haven't regained their spot as Mexico's top promotion they are actually starting to push SOTBPW quite close, with the promotion finding a consistency throughout the year with the quality of the shows they are putting on.

Archived