Angel Athletic Association: The Kate Allison Era

And so it happens.... Kate Allison finally comes home! [B]December 19th, 2007: 1:51am[/B] Kate "Avatar" Allison was heading home from Japan after a short stay with 5 Star Supreme Wrestling. The plane had been in the air for a couple of hours already and she was exhausted, yet she could not find sleep. It was her homecoming. Her nerves where a wreck, her hands tapping the arm rest of the chair in a desperate plea to calm her anxiety. Had it really been 8 years? She could not help it, her thoughts traveled back to early 1998, when she had walked into her aunt's house after yet another failed attempt to find a stable job. She had been a cashier at a super market, she had worked for a video store, she had written for a magazine...she had done it all, but nowhere she found a true home, something that grabbed at her and told her "this is what you are meant to do!". Until that evening at her aunt's house. When she arrived her aunt and uncle where in the living room watching wrestling. She had never been a fan, nor did she knew that her uncle and aunt where fans. There was a third person in the room. Anne Stardust. After being introduced to Anne, her aunt went into detail about how she grew up with Anne and that they where best friends and all that. They had stopped seeing each other when Anne moved away after graduating high school and had recently found each other through myspace (ahem). Anne had come to visit and had brought some tapes of the Angel Athletic Association, the all-women wrestling promotion she ran. Kate politely pretended to be interested in the whole tale and sat down to watch some tapes with them. By the time they where finished Kate had been converted. She had turned into a wrestling fan. Anne left later that night and promised to stay in touch with her aunt. Two weeks later, Kate begged her aunt to call Anne and ask her if she could become a wrestler. For two weeks, the only thing Kate did was talk about wrestling and about how fun it would be to try it. Yet, her aunt was not convinced. "Just another job you will discard once you grow bored". But Kate was insistent and finally she got through to Anne. Anne agreed to train her, as a favor to her old friend, firmly believing that Kate would quit in less than one month. Yet that month turned into three and then six. Six months. Kate had trained for six full months, showing a good grasp of the basics. Anne knew she was a natural. She began working for AAA under a mask as "Mystery Woman" and was usually jobbing to the established talent. But Kate was too good for that. Pretty soon she started rising up the ranks, which caused resentment. She was seen as Anne's girl. The resentment drove her away from AAA. As soon as she got a tour offer from 5 Star Supreme Wrestling, she left AAA. Anne was frustrated with her decision, but let her go, seeing that the free spirit in Kate needed to leave for her own sake. 8 long years. While in Japan she improved dramatically. Yet, she never rose above the lower midcard. It was one call from Anne just as this tour was coming to an end that got her attention. Anne wanted her to come back to AAA and not only wrestle, but book the promotion as well. Kate had argued against it long and hard about her lack of experience in the booking aspect, but Anne argued about how smart and creative Kate was and about how many storylines and ideas they had discussed while she was in training. She was a natural booker as well, yet she didn't even know it. Kate was looking for a way out of this predicament, but one statement from Anne closed the issue. "You owe me". It was true. Anne had trained her and had given her the opportunity to work in wrestling. She gave her the tools that allowed her to go to Japan. More importantly, Anne gave her stability and a sense of direction. She owed her. One deep sight, her chin dropped in the palm of her right hand as her left hand tapped incessantly, Kate blew one deep sigh. The plane ride was long, eternal, yet somehow she wished the plane would never land.

[B]December 22, 2007: 9:00am[/B] Kate Allison sat uncomfortably in a chair at Anne Stardust's office at the official AAA headquarters, which where nothing but a small office that once belonged to a doctor. The previous night she had gotten an email from Anne, an email with all the pertinent information regarding AAA and now she was up to date with everything from the talent to the titles to the stables. Kate was supposed to come up with storyline ideas to discuss with Anne on their first face to face meeting in 8 long years. Storyline ideas? More like storyline IDEA, for Kate only had one. But she knew it was a good one. The only problem pressing Kate's mind was that Anne wanted more than one storyline, so improvisation would be needed. The last three days had been difficult for Kate, trying to adjust herself to the idea that a wrestling company and more than that, a wrestling company belonging to her trainer, mentor and dear friend, was now under her control. She was captain of the ship and if the ship sank, it would be her fault. If her mentor's dream turned to nightmare, Kate would forever be the monster in Anne's closet. The first day was pure desperation, as nerves and fear wrecked her soul. But she had no way out. There was no escape. Her only option was to rise up to the challenge and perform her task. Once she finally admitted that to herself, the nerves faded and she took control. Or so she told herself. The door opened and closed without emitting sound. Kate had no idea that Anne had been staring at her for the last minute or so. So lost in thought was Kate Allison at that very moment. [B][COLOR="Red"]Anne Stardust:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Red"]"So here is my star pupil! "[/COLOR][/I] Kate turned around and stood up in front of her mentor for the first time in eight years. Both women embraced and exchanged smiles. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kate Allison:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]It is good to see you Anne. Has it really been eight years?[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Anne Stardust:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Red"]"Eight years is a long time in the life of a professional wrestler. Look at you! Looking every bit the superstar....and look at me, looking every bit the has been![/COLOR][/I] Kate didn't know if she should laugh at that, but Anne burst into laughter and Kate had to follow suit. [B][COLOR="Red"]Anne Stardust:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Red"]" But don't get the wrong idea, I can still step into that ring and kick your butt![/COLOR][/I] Kate did not doubt that for a second. This was Anne Stardust, perhaps the best women wrestler of all time. The conversation shifted to the promotion and how Kate would handle her responsibilities. [B][COLOR="Red"]Anne Stardust:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Red"]"First things first, your job is double what you expect. I have come to the realization that our finances would allow us to run a second show per month. My plan is to hold a bi-weekly schedule for the first three months of next year and see how that works".[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kate Allison:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]"I guess this would allow my storyline to progress faster than I had planned. I guess I will need to expand it a bit and see how we manage to extend it. I believe that the more we keep the fans guessing, the better the conclusion will be."[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Anne Stardust:[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Red"]"I agree. You told me over the phone that you where not ready for this job Kate, but the more I put thought into your storyline, the more I like it and the more I believe that it will cause major impact. I always knew I could trust you."[/COLOR][/I] Deep down inside, Kate knew that Anne's comment was meant to ease her into her job and let her know that she was satisfied. But that last part, "I always knew I could trust you" would remain engraved in Kate's thoughts for the next few hours. Instead of making it easier, it just added more pressure. After the discussion of some final details, including four women Kate wanted to hire and the fact that Anne wanted Kate involved in some capacity with the major storyline, both women parted ways for the day. Both women had worked on this "major" storyline extensively, detailing names and schedules and both of them fully expected it to carry the promotion for at least six to seven months. As Kate looked down into the folder she was handed down by Anne, where all the details where placed, one word stood out. [B]The Higher Power[/B]

[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]Angel Athletic Association Roster[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] (Faces in [COLOR="Blue"]blue[/COLOR], heels in [COLOR="Red"]red.[/COLOR]) [B]Main Eventers:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Catherine Quine Joane Rodriguez Kate Allison Raven Nightfall[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Suzue Katayama Wanda Fish[/COLOR][/B] [B]Upper Midcard:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Suzanne Brazzle[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Black Widow Devil's Daughter Grace Harper Vixxen [/COLOR][/B] [B]Midcard:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jessica Bunny Katherine Goodlooks Kristabel Plum Michelle Brendon Sarah Marie York [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Gorgon Steph Blake [/COLOR][/B] [B]Lower Midcard:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tracy Brendon Wendy Anderson[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Helen Bach Miss Mexico [/COLOR][/B] [B]Openers:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jamie Quine[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Debbie Rose Kate Lilly[/COLOR][/B] [B]Enhancement Talent:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Missy Masterson[/COLOR][/B] [b]Stables:[/b] The Darkness (Vixxen, Devil's Daughter, Black Widow, Gorgon) [B]Champions:[/B] [B][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]AAA Femme Fatale[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="4"]Wanda Fish[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]AAA Tag Team[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]The Brendon Sisters (Tracy & Michelle)[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]AAA Top Contender:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]Suzanne Brazzle[/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="7"]The Angel Athletic Association Presents: Pretty Amazing![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]Sunday, January Week 2, 2008[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]AAA Femme Fatale Title:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"]Suzanne Brazzle vs Wanda Fish (c)[/SIZE][/B] The top contender gets her shot at the champion! Will Wanda Fish continue her dominant reign, or will we see a new champion? [B][COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]AAA Top Contender's Title:[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [b][SIZE="3"]Catherine Quine vs Grace Harper vs Kate Allison vs Suzue Katayama[/b][/SIZE] It is time to crown a new #1 contender and these four ladies are ready for action. Kate Allison makes her long awaited return to AAA looking towards the gold, but these former champions stand in her way! Who will emerge with the opportunity to challenge the champion? [B][SIZE="4"]Plus:[/SIZE][/B] The debut of Tamara McFly in AAA! The Brendon Sisters in action! The Darkness issue an open challenge!

Archived