SWF by The Grand Avatar

It was a warm, sunny Tuesday afternoon. I was sat in the garden enjoying a lager, listening to Oasis, soaking up the rarity here that is sunshine. My mobile phone began to vibrate on the table infront of me. I glanced at the display which informed me that the number was 'Unknown'. Now, I normally don't answer my phone to 'Unknown' callers but something inside me suggested that I should. "Mr....Avatar?" A voice asked me. The first thing I noticed was that the voice was that of an American lady, which, considering I'm from a shoddy little town in North-East England, was most odd. Secondly, I realised she asked for 'Mr Avatar'. The only time I ever use that name is when entering competions and such things. I thought for a few seconds and couldn't recall entering any competions in recent weeks. "Whose speaking, please?" I asked, cautiously. There was always the chance it could've been somebody trying to sell me new windows, a door, electricity, or heaven knows what else. "I'm a representitive of Mr Richard Eisen, the owner of the SWF". My heart stopped for a second and I had a brief flashback. Some months ago I'd entered a competition on SWF.com. A competition which would give the winner a chance to write and book and episode of SWF Superme TV. Being a keen follower of the Sports Entertainment show, I thought I'd enter, just for a giggle if anything. I remembered that I'd put my name down as "The Grand Avatar" on the entry form, wanting total anonimity, as with any compeition I enter. "This is Mr Avatar", I replied. There was still the possibility this was one big wind-up so I remained cautious. "Fantastic. Mr Avatar, I'm calling to inform you that you are the winner of a competition you entered several months ago and we'd like you to come out here next week to meet Mr Eisen. Sir, you're going to be writing and booking an entire episode of SWF Supreme TV"

I slept for pretty much most of flight having not slept the night before due to sheer excitement. Not even the baby crying infront of me could keep me awake. While asleep I dreamt about the upcomcoming meeting with Richard Eisen. I say dreamt, but it was actually more of a nightmare. Upon arriving at SWF's headquaters, I was led up to Mr Eisen's office by a big, burly security guard who wouldn't look out of place in an SWF ring. My mind began to race and I started thinking that maybe I could persuade Eisen to sign this guy as an Enhancement Talent, then offer TCW's Rick Law a lucrative contract. The Law Enforcers anyone? I sat patiently in reception waiting to be called into Mr Eisen's office. I fully expected to wake up in my bed back in England at any minute but it didn't happen. I passed the time by counting the number of squares in the abstract painting on the wall infront of me. I reached 27 and was still counting when a voice called. "Errm, Mr Avatar?", a lady called out, probably the same lady that called me to tell me I'd won the competition. I stood up, legs like jelly, and walked towards her. "This way, sir", she said politely. I walked down a long passage way, the walls covered in images of past SWF greats. "Maybe I'll end up on that wall at some point in the future". We reached Mr Eisen's door. I took a deep breath as the kind lady knocked on the door. We waited for 20 seconds or so and the door opened slowy.

Richard Eisen opened the door and put our his hand. "Mr Avatar, we've been expecting you. Firstly, congratulations". He shook my hand with the mightiest of grips. "Thank you, and may I say it's a pleasure to meet you, sir", I replied, my hand still throbbing slightly from the handshake. "Now, the reason we called you here, as you very well know, was because you won the competiton I started a few months. Out of the hundreds and thousands of entries, we liked your booking and ideas best and it's clear to us you have a real talent for writing and booking". Disbelief is the best word to some up how I felt. How can they tell this from what I sent in to them? I gave my ideas on the booking of one show and now they seem to think I'm some kind of pro. "We would've been in-touch sooner but we've had to make one or two pretty big decisions. I know you've came here expecting to book and write one show but we have other ideas, Mr Avatar, we'd like to offer you a job on a more permanent basis". I was astounded, overjoyed, shocked, at what I was hearing, but I composed myself. I told Mr Eisen that I'd be honoured to take the position he was offering. And that's how my journey began. The rest, as they say, is history.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="7"][B][CENTER]SWF Supreme TV[/CENTER] [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [I]The show opens with pyro and our resident announcers, Peter Michaels, Duane Fry and Ana Garcia opening the show. They are talking about what's in-store when the music of Brandon James fills the arena. He walks to the ring with Emma Chase by his side, both lucking smug and somewhat ****y. The crowd are pretty vocal and boo the pair all the way to the ring but they soak up the heat and thrive off it. Brandon James climbs up onto the ring apron and holds open the ropes for Emma Chase. She enters the ring, follwed by James. Chase asks for a mic and introduces Brandon James;[/I] [B]Chase:[/B] Ladies and gentlemen, Brandon James (the crowd boo loudly) [I]Brandon James takes the mic from Emma Chase. He looks around as the crowd continue to jeer him. He brings the mic up towards his mouth and begins to speak;[/I] [B]James:[/B] Firstly, thank you! Thank you for such a warm welcome. I didn't know you all cared so much. Now, I can see from all your faces that your desperate to know why I'm giving you the pleasure of my presence. Well, I'll explain. For weeks now, I've been asking myself one question; Why is Jack Bruce (the crowd cheer) DON'T INTERUPT ME! For weeks I've been asking myself why is Jack Bruce still SWF World Heavyweight Champion? My theory is that Jack Bruce is still champ because he's hasn't defended the title against me. You see, I know that if Bruce grew some balls and stepped in the ring with me, I'd wipe the floor with him, take him to the limit and back again, then take his World Heavyweight title and change the face of SWF...forever. [I]Emma Chase applauds James' speech. James goes to speak again but the music of resident monster, Vengeance, rumbles through the arena. He walks to the ring with a purpose, looking as menacing as ever. Brandon James steps forward as if to protect Emma Chase from the big man. Vengeance walks up the ring steps and steps over the ropes. He briefly stares at Brandon James before requesting a mic. Vengeance begins to speak;[/I] [B]Vengeance:[/B] Let me get this right, Brandon. You think that the reason Jack Bruce is champion is because you haven't had the chance to take it from him? Come on, Brandon, get real! The reason you haven't had a shot at the champ is because you haven't earned a shot at the champ. I've no doubt that at some point in the future, you're going to be a big time player around here, but at this moment in time, you're nothing not but a thorn in the side of Vengeance. And you say you're gonna change the face of the SWF forever? Well how about this, how about Vengeance changes the face of Brandon James forever? [I]Brandon James doesn't look intimidated and takes a step forward. Suddenly, the music of four-time World Heavyweight Champion plays. The crowd roar as Christian Faith comes into sight. Faith walks to the ring looking cool and calm. He gets to the ring put stands on the outside for a short while. In the ring, Brandon James and Vengeance are stood side-by-side and glance at each other. Faith gets in the ring and looks Emma Chase up and down, followed be grin. He asks for a mic and beings to speak;[/I] [B]Faith:[/B] Guys, guys, what's with all the hostility? I'm sure both of you would give Jack Bruce a run for his money, but being a four-time World Heavyweight Champion I'm sure you'd both agree that I'm the only one who'd be capable of beating him. So, why don't you deal with settling your differences and I'll take on Jack Bruce and we'll show what wrestling is all about. [I]James and Vengeance look at each other and step forward. Before the situation can escalate any further, Richard Eisen comes out. He stands at the top of the entrance ramp with a mic and speaks;[/I] [B]Eisen:[/B] Whoa there, fellas. Listen, the only fair and honest way to decide who gets a title shot is by proving you're the best so here's what I propose. Tonight, in the main-event, Brandon James vs Vengeance vs Christian Faith. And to the winner goes the spoils; a title match against Jack Bruce at When Hell Freezes Over. That is all. [I] Eisen turns around and heads backstage as all three men stare at each other. Peter Michaels and Duane Fry say this could be the greatest main-event in SWF history. Ana Garcia agrees.[/I] [B]***COMMERCIAL BREAK***[/B] [I]When we return, Michaels, Fry and Garcia continue to hype the main-event with Fry saying we're in for a barnstormer of a match. They are interupted by Shooting Star Champion, Marc DuBois. He heads to the ring looking as ****y and confident as ever. The fans are booing DuBois but he embraces the jeers, smirking at the fans. He gets in the ring and looks around at the crowd before requesting a mic;[/I] [B]DuBois:[/B] Okay, I'm not going beat around the bush and tell you I'm the greatest and all that because you already know I'm the greatest (crowd boo) I'm out here to issue an open challenge to anybody in the locker room. Recently, I've felt like nobody is upto the challenge of knocking me off me throne, and in all honesty, I'm getting bored So, if anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, in the back wants to take a shot at Marc DuBois then I'm here, waiting. [I] Dubois stands in the ring for a while and nobody responds. He gestures to the crowd that nobody is coming out and looks like he's going to leave the ring. As he's doing so Jack Giedroyc's music plays and he comes out with a mic. He stands at the top of the entrance ramp; [/I] [B]Giedroyc:[/B] Two words for you, DuBois. I accept. [I]Giedroyc heads to the ring but is suddenly attacked by known lacky, Andre Jones. He hits Giedroyc across the back with a steel chair. He drags him down to the ring and slams his head off the side of the ring before throwing him into the steel steps. He drags Giedroyc to his feet and smashes his head off the ringpost then rolls Giedroyc into the ring for DuBois...[/I] [B][U] Marc DuBois vs Jack Giedroyc[/U][/B] DuBois picks up a quick win after Andre Jones beat Giedroyc down before the match. After the match, Jones and DuBois continue the beatdown but Valiant runs to the ring, causing Jones and DuBois to scarper. [B]Winner: Marc DuBois [/B] [B]***COMMERCIAL BREAK***[/B] [I] When we return, a video plays showing what just happened. Our announcers say it seems like DuBois has found himself a new lackey to help him hang onto the Shooting Star title.[/I] [I]Backstage, Big Smack Scott bumps into Richard Eisen.[/I] [B]BSS:[/B] Mr Eisen, just the man I was looking for. [B]Eisen:[/B] What can I do for you, Scott? [B]BSS:[/B] I'll get straight to the point. The SWF Tag Team Titles. [B]Eisen:[/B] Yes? [B]BSS:[/B] The Pain Alliance want a shot at them.s [B]Eisen:[/B] So just like that, you want me to grant you and Kurt a title shot? I can't do that but what I can do is book you in a match with High Concept, The Samoan Wildboyz and The Biggz Boyz. Whoever walks out of the match as winners will face The Bumfholes at When Hell Freezes Over for the SWF Tag Team Title. [I]Big Smack Scott thinks for a second then hastily agrees.[/I] [B]Eisen:[/B] Ohh and Scott, that match is next. [B][U]The Pain Alliance vs High Concept vs The Samoan Wildboyz vs The Biggz Boyz[/U][/B] The Biggz Boyz come out first, followed by The Samoan Wildboyz, then The Pain Alliance and lastly High Concept. The match is a fast-paced affair which is slowed down by the power of Big Smack Scott and Akima Brave. Lots of quick tagging from all four teams and a pretty even match. Groucho picks up the win, pinning Kurt Laramee while Laramee's partner, Big Smack Scott was on the outside battling Akima Brave. [B]Winners: High Concept[/B] [I]Backstage, The Bumfholes are shown to have been watching the match, scouting their potential opponents. Michaels, Fry and Garcia talk about the match and hype High Concept as a big threat to The Bumfholes Tag Titles.[/I] [B]***COMMERCIAL BREAK***[/B] [I] When we return a video plays showing High Concept pick up the win. It also pays close attention to the brawl on the outside between Big Smack Scott and Akima Brave. Ana Garcia says that Big Smack Scott will be looking for somebody to blame for his team not winning and that Akima Brave could be the scapegoat.[/I] [I]Backstage, Brandon James and Emma Chase are talking about the triple-threat match; [/I] [B]Chase: [/B]This is your time, Brandon. Only Christian Faith and Vengeance stand between you and your big chance. [B]James:[/B] What we spoke about earlier, is that all sorted? [B]Chase:[/B] It is. [B]James:[/B] Then I have no worries. [I]The camera cuts to Christian Faith warming up for the match when Jack Bruce approaches him;[/I] [B]Bruce:[/B] Christian, I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck for the match tonight. James and Vengeance are both tough but you're a four-time champion, you've got the stuff to come out on top tonight. [B]Faith:[/B] Thanks for the pep talk, Jack, but you know that once tonight is out of the way, me and you, we're sworn enemies. [B]Bruce:[/B] That's cool. You've got your eyes on the prize and a fifth World Title reign and if you win tonight there's only be that stands between you and the goods. [B]Faith:[/B] If? Believe me, Jack, I will win tonight. [I]Faith walks away, leaving Jack Bruce to ponder on his words. When Jack Bruce turns around Vengeance is stood behind him. Vengeance and Bruce stand face-to-face, nose-to-nose. Vengeance gives a menacing smirk then looks at the title over Jack Bruce's shoulder;[/I] [B]Vengeance:[/B] Enjoy it while you can, Jack cos after tonight, I'm coming for you. [I] Vengeance walks away leaving Bruce looking slightly worried. The announcers talk about the main-event saying they're not sure who will come out on top tonight. Peter Michaels says Jack Bruce is a wanted man and that if he was him, he'd be worried.[/I] [B]***FINAL COMMERCIAL BREAK***[/B] [I]When the show returns, Ana Garcia is in the ring. She announces the main-event and the competitors. Brandon James comes out first, accompanied by Emma Chase. Next is Vengeance. Lastly, Christian Faith comes to the ring.[/I] [B][U]Brandon James vs Vengeance vs Christian Faith[/U][/B] James and Vengeance start the match trying to single out Christian Faith. Faith weathers the storm and Vengeance accidentily takes out Brandon James with a steel chair as Emma Chase distracts the ref. Faith and Vengeance continue to battle while James is down. Faith hits a Leap of Faith on Vengeance and goes for the cover. Emma Chase pulls the legs of the referee breaking the three-count. Faith turns his back and shouts at Chase for her interference. Brandon James, back to his feet, tries to clothesline Faith from behind but Faith moves and he knocks Emma Chase off the apron. The referee rushes to the outside to check on Chase. Suddenly, Runaway Train and Enforcer Roberts run out to the ring and attack Vengeance and Faith. Vengeance and Faith manage to fight off the attack which the ref is unaware of. Christian Faith takes down Vengeance and then Brandon James with a DDT. He hits the Leap of Faith on Brandon James and gets the three-count for the win. Faith celebrates his victory but is attacked by Brandon James and Vengeance who are visibly frustrated at the loss. As they beat him down, Jack Bruce runs out and makes the save. Runaway Train and Enforcer Roberts try to stop him getting to the ring but Bruce makes short work of them. Faith and Bruce clear the ring and enter a staredown with Vengeance and Brandon James. [I]Richard Eisen comes out before Vengeance and Brandon James manage to get backstage. He says that next week on Supreme TV, Brandon James and Vengeance will face Christian Faith and Jack Bruce.[/I] [B]***END SHOW***[/B]

Archived