Cornellverse References

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that's what it actually stood for ;) He's the CornellVerse equivalent of CM Punk in that regard, it could stand for anything. Extra Meaty Mighty Moe. Especially Monsterous Maverick Moe. Enviably Mobile Masterful Moe. The possibilities are endless.

Somebodies back peddling ;)

Since I am from Puerto Rico, I found some things that relate to real life WWC in FREEDOM....I dont know if they where intentional or not, but here they go.

Puerto Rican Power, in spite of physical differences and being decently over outside of PR, has a lot of similarities with Carlos Colon, including his patriotic character, the fact that he doesn't want to job and that he has beaten big names while working in PR (Colon has beaten Flair, Harley Race etc)

Shawn Gonzales has some similarities to Jose Huertas Gonzales (Invader #1)....he is head booker of FCW (like Huertas was for WWC), is best friends with PR Power (like Huertas and Colon) his last name is Gonzales and he dragged a younger brother from prison into wrestling (Carlos Gonzales and Invader #4, aka Maelo Huertas Gonzales in real life).

Rico Santana, road agent for FCW......WWC's long time road agent and former wrestler was Cuban born Ricky Santana.....

Maybe they where entirely coincidental, but they do resemble real life.

I really like the reference the o0ther way tough. Taken from the game and surfuced in real life! Rhino Umaga, Big angry Samoan with a spike, and corner spear in his arsenal who can wrestle but no mike skills. The one formaly known as Rosey Big angry samoan who cant wrestle or has mike skills but has similar moves. Someone at the E is playing this game I am sure of it.

I didn't say that's what it actually stood for ;) He's the CornellVerse equivalent of CM Punk in that regard, it could stand for anything. Extra Meaty Mighty Moe. Especially Monsterous Maverick Moe. Enviably Mobile Masterful Moe. The possibilities are endless.

But... it's no mystery what "C.M." stands for. It's "Chick Magnet". What, was E.M.M. Moe in a tag team called "The Extremely Manly Men" or something?

There's a Christian Faith on the indy scene now too, I noticed. Not sure if he pre-dates the SWF figurehead though.

That'd be hilarious if indy workers start stealing their names/gimmicks from the C-verse.

I'm waiting to see a real world Puffy or Dermot O'Logical

But... it's no mystery what "C.M." stands for. It's "Chick Magnet". What, was E.M.M. Moe in a tag team called "The Extremely Manly Men" or something?

But since then CM Punk has developed a shtick where he tends to give different meanings for what the initials stand for each time he is asked, so although it's known what it originally meant, now it could mean anything. It's essentially an "orphan acronym".

But since then CM Punk has developed a shtick where he tends to give different meanings for what the initials stand for each time he is asked, so although it's known what it originally meant, now it could mean anything. It's essentially an "orphan acronym".

But if Moe follows Punk's pattern then there's a rhyme and a reason for the "E.M.M.", even if he evolved beyond it. So, was he at some point Extremely Manly Man Moe? :p

British worker Daniel Black Francis is named after Black Francis, the lead singer of the Pixies. They had an album called Surfer Rosa; there's a valet in Mexico called "Rosa the Surfer". They also had a song called "Wave of Mutilation" -- which is the New Wave's finisher.

Francis later went on to a solo career as Frank Black, and released a song called "Speedy Marie". "Scheming Behemoth" is a lyric from another song of his, "I Could Stay Here Forever".

Some Football references;

To start with Adam your a Birmingham fan? Solihull Wanderers(or maybe a Wolves fan:D).

Joey Beuchamp played for Oxford and West Ham I think.

Ruud van Anger - Van Nistelrooy

Franke De Pain - De Boer

Louis Figo Manico -Luis Figo

Chris Everton - The Club Everton

Davey Celtic - Celtic

not football but Carl Edwards ' repeat offender' from whereelse but Liverpool.

Proberly more.

Just returning to the Thea Gilmore reference, I've got an album of hers 'Rules for Jokers'. Very good, but haven't listened to it in ages. Hadn't noticed at all the number one track on it...

Apparition No. 12

Given that she's also written a song called 'Mainstream' (and one called Apparation #13) I guess she's the number one source for one of the C-verse's most loved characters.

She also wrote the song that named one of the lesser loved C-verse characters - Militia Sister! Oh, and Razor Valentine!

Some Football references;

To start with Adam your a Birmingham fan? Solihull Wanderers(or maybe a Wolves fan:D).

Joey Beuchamp played for Oxford and West Ham I think.

Ruud van Anger - Van Nistelrooy

Franke De Pain - De Boer

Louis Figo Manico -Luis Figo

Chris Everton - The Club Everton

Davey Celtic - Celtic

not football but Carl Edwards ' repeat offender' from whereelse but Liverpool.

Proberly more.

Also Gabriela Ortega, a Mexican valet. A portmanteu (nice word ¬_¬) of Gabriel Batistuta and Ariel Ortega, two famous Argentine footballers.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" ring any bells? :p

Haha! Awesome stuff.

Was I right about Sara Silver = Sarah Silverman and Markus Rush = Marcus Lush? They both have potential to be off but to me they ade sense.

While I'm thinking of NZ personalities, it'd be cool if there were a couple of workers called say, Simon Gunn and Jason Barnett in the next expansion/iteration of the C-Verse... Or Suzanne Parker and her huge imported bodyguard Anthony Ray Paul.

There's a Christian Faith on the indy scene now too, I noticed. Not sure if he pre-dates the SWF figurehead though.

I am pretty sure he doesn't. I I think he first showed up in Cleveland, Ohio working for NEPW in late 04 or 05, off the top of my head. I am good friends with the guy who trained him. Ill check into it. Its too bad they don't share the same look though. Faith wears a pretty sweet mask.