Cornellverse References

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started on 07, what would I know?

EWR is unplayable (to put it kindly) if you started on 07.

we're actually referring to EWD, the game no one could play because it required to much of a type of memory new computers didn't use. The reduced version was still great though

I genuinely never noticed that...

Anyway,

Jack Bruce = Jack Bruce... of Cream.

and

A long time ago Adam said this was derived from a random generated name, Bruce Jackson. Since Bruce The Giant was already a big name, he just flipped it in a way.

I thought for sure he was name after Jack Bruce from Cream as well!:

Guess we were both wrong!

Actually Mat Dickie has made games after Booking MPire (Wrestling MPire 2008 (Management and Wrestling Edition or something like that being the latest)). But yeah, you really can't play those games longer than... 15 minutes. Which is kind of sad. He never really took his games to the next level, instead he focused on really minimal things he thought were important, like some finger animations :D Oh well. He's quitting now, as you could expect.

Just found out that Barry Kingman has two alter egos:

Dork the Clown

Snarf the Clown....

besides the obvious reference to Dusty Wolfe/Doink the Clown (solid worker with no charisma that plays an outrageous gimmick to add some spice to his character) I figured out that "Dork" and "Snarf" are two things that Pinky from Pinky & The Brain says a lot.....so I guess that's a reference to the cartoon.

Just found out that Barry Kingman has two alter egos:

Dork the Clown

Snarf the Clown....

besides the obvious reference to Dusty Wolfe/Doink the Clown (solid worker with no charisma that plays an outrageous gimmick to add some spice to his character) I figured out that "Dork" and "Snarf" are two things that Pinky from Pinky & The Brain says a lot.....so I guess that's a reference to the cartoon.

Say whaaaaaaaat? Where did you find this information? Pinky's 'catchphrases' were "narf" and "poit" and "egad," but never "dork" or "snarf." The best connection I can make other than an obvious Doink reference is the fact that Snarf was a character from Thundercats, but that's a huge reach.

Say whaaaaaaaat? Where did you find this information? Pinky's 'catchphrases' were "narf" and "poit" and "egad," but never "dork" or "snarf." The best connection I can make other than an obvious Doink reference is the fact that Snarf was a character from Thundercats, but that's a huge reach.

What I wanted to respond with:

"I loved Pinky and the Brain. My favorite episode was the one where they tried to take over the world through professional wrestling when Brain formed World Domination Wrestling and Pinky formed Narf Poit Wrestling :p"

But, I know somebody wouldn't get what I was referring to and respond:

"I've seen every episode of Pinky and the Brain and I never saw that one"

So instead, I'm going to go watch WWE 24/7.

Why hasn't anybody mentioned Leper Messiah as being a reference to a lyric in Bowie's Ziggy Stardust? I thought that one was painfully obvious.

Please tell me that's a piss take and you have actually heard of the song... wait for it... Leper Messiah?

"I loved Pinky and the Brain. My favorite episode was the one where they tried to take over the world through professional wrestling when Brain formed World Domination Wrestling and Pinky formed Narf Poit Wrestling "

Ah, old EWR memories!

Please tell me that's a piss take and you have actually heard of the song... wait for it... Leper Messiah?

So what... it means it has to taken from the Metallica song, not Bowie?

In fact, Ziggy Stardust was made more than a decade before Leper Messiah. Its always very, very possible that Metallica took the name of the song from David Bowie. Not like its an uncommon practice. If that's the case, then ultimately it means Leper Messiah draws his name from Bowie, even if that wasn't the original plan.

Oh...

And David Bowie>Metallica :-p

"I loved Pinky and the Brain. My favorite episode was the one where they tried to take over the world through professional wrestling when Brain formed World Domination Wrestling and Pinky formed Narf Poit Wrestling :p"

Yeah, that's hilarious. Do you always make references to wrestling simulators, that only you know about, in normal conversation? You must be a real hit with the ladies, bro. Got any other tips?

Actually Mat Dickie has made games after Booking MPire (Wrestling MPire 2008 (Management and Wrestling Edition or something like that being the latest)). But yeah, you really can't play those games longer than... 15 minutes. Which is kind of sad. He never really took his games to the next level, instead he focused on really minimal things he thought were important, like some finger animations :D Oh well. He's quitting now, as you could expect.

So, I take it you don't know how hard it is to make a game by yourself?