Game question: The coaching carousel?

Just curious about the hiring/firing/movement of coaches... I assume that coaches will be fired and/or retire over time as well as look to take more prestigious jobs. Will assistant coaches (off/def coordinators) ever get promoted to head coaches within their programs or get hired to be head coaches at other schools. Is it possible that head coaches at top tier schools will leave (even in their prime) to pursue greener pastures of their own (ie. Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Jimmy Johnson, etc going to the NFL) Similarly will hiring of new coaches sometimes come from outside the college ranks (ie Charlie Weis, Al Groh, Dave Wannstedt coming from the NFL). If something like this isn't included, maybe for a future update... I think it could add an interesting twist to dynasties, by allowing solid teams (potentially marred in mediocrity) to vault to a higher level by bringing in a "star" coach from the outside rather than plucking someone from a worse team. Likewise, losing a star coach could potentially relegate a top tier team to a more mediocre status (look at Florida). On a somewhat related note, are coaching histories/records/performances tracked year-by-year and over a career. Things like W/L record, conf championships, bowl appearances, national titles, all-americans...

[QUOTE=Hoos]Just curious about the hiring/firing/movement of coaches... I assume that coaches will be fired and/or retire over time as well as look to take more prestigious jobs. Will assistant coaches (off/def coordinators) ever get promoted to head coaches within their programs or get hired to be head coaches at other schools.[/quote] yes, both may occur. [quote]Is it possible that head coaches at top tier schools will leave (even in their prime) to pursue greener pastures of their own (ie. Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Jimmy Johnson, etc going to the NFL)[/quote] They will retire, but there is no "leaving for the pros" in this version for coaches. [quote]Similarly will hiring of new coaches sometimes come from outside the college ranks (ie Charlie Weis, Al Groh, Dave Wannstedt coming from the NFL).[/quote] You will see new coaches brought in that may not be current assistants, but there is nothing in the game stating they were with a pro team. [quote]f something like this isn't included, maybe for a future update... I think it could add an interesting twist to dynasties, by allowing solid teams (potentially marred in mediocrity) to vault to a higher level by bringing in a "star" coach from the outside rather than plucking someone from a worse team. Likewise, losing a star coach could potentially relegate a top tier team to a more mediocre status (look at Florida).[/quote] These are interesting ideas and something to look at down the road. [quote]On a somewhat related note, are coaching histories/records/performances tracked year-by-year and over a career.[/QUOTE] Yeah, you will see a year-by-year breakdown for coaches with records, postseason history, stats and other items.

Quote: f something like this isn't included, maybe for a future update... I think it could add an interesting twist to dynasties, by allowing solid teams (potentially marred in mediocrity) to vault to a higher level by bringing in a "star" coach from the outside rather than plucking someone from a worse team. Likewise, losing a star coach could potentially relegate a top tier team to a more mediocre status (look at Florida). These are interesting ideas and something to look at down the road. *** Help with recruiting since coach better known *** but talents maybe better or worse than other available coaches --- Loyality should also be a factor with some coaches ...

Archived