Contract negotiations

I'm having a major problem negotiating contracts. No matter how good a wrestler is, it always says "x is expecting (mx) 750 per appearance" - while they always reject my offers, even at 30k pr. appearance! I don't understand this at all. It makes it completely impossible for me to get new workers. The issue wasn't there at the beginning of the game, but came after about a month's play or so. Granted, I'm playing a mod, so that *might* be the issue. Though if it is so, I would like to understand why, so I can myself tweak it so this won't happen. Basically, the probmel is that: 1) The "estimated wage demands" doesn't even remotely work once the demands exceeds $750 per month/appearance. 2) The workers, no matter how (un)popular they are, always demand INSANE wages. After a few months, no matter which worker I approach, even 30k pr. appearance won't get them to sign! Anyone else had this?

[QUOTE=mad5226;464747]Couple questions...one how much is everyone else making? If someone else their caliber is making 100K then he wont sign for less since he feels they are the same quality.[/QUOTE] My highest earner gets ~33k per month in a written contract, and that's my top name. That shouldn't make average referees with "virtually unknown" status demand in excess of 25k per [I]appearance[/I]. :eek: And I find it extremely weird as well that the estimate for what a worker demands apparantly never goes above 800, meaning that I don't have a clue what he'll actually demand. Does this not happen in the vanilla game? I must admit that I have only played this mod (91), since the fantasy settings aren't for my taste.

Have you checked that you're not offering them a pay-per-appearence contract whilst they want a written deal or vice-versa? It might not be the amount you're offering, but the type of contract. Other than that I've no idea what it could be.

[QUOTE=LFC_chris;464936]Have you checked that you're not offering them a pay-per-appearence contract whilst they want a written deal or vice-versa? It might not be the amount you're offering, but the type of contract. Other than that I've no idea what it could be.[/QUOTE] Yeah. I started by offering them a written contract, but as I'm a cult promotion I quickly learned that noone wants such a contract. So that's not it. Also, I've seen workers reject 25k per apperance from me just to accept 730 per appearance from some small promotion with even lower status than me. That really puzzles me.

[QUOTE=Hive;464933]My highest earner gets ~33k per month in a written contract, and that's my top name. That shouldn't make average referees with "virtually unknown" status demand in excess of 25k per [I]appearance[/I]. :eek: And I find it extremely weird as well that the estimate for what a worker demands apparantly never goes above 800, meaning that I don't have a clue what he'll actually demand. Does this not happen in the vanilla game? I must admit that I have only played this mod (91), since the fantasy settings aren't for my taste.[/QUOTE] Sounds like you might be getting a version of the bug that is caused by foreign language settings - you should probably check the FAQ in the Tech Support Section - and if that doesn't cure it - then post the problem in there for Adam to look at.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;464947]Sounds like you might be getting a version of the bug that is caused by foreign language settings - you should probably check the FAQ in the Tech Support Section - and if that doesn't cure it - then post the problem in there for Adam to look at.[/QUOTE] Great, this fix solved the problem. Thanks a bunch! :) Just too bad I lost both my refs prior to this, hehe.

Archived