Wrestling things everyone loved but YOU HATED!

Superkevd

Ya so as the title says what things in wrestling have you hated that everyone else seems to love! I'm interested just as i really want someone to agree with me that Austins WHAT promos are the devil and ruined some great interview segments and such! Another thing of wrestling past that annoyed me was people chanting you suck through Kurt Angles theme tune again wrestling at its cheesiest and crap. Just now i also find it terrible that TNA have turned Christopher Daniels an excellent wrestler into Curryman. Anyone remember MOTY candidate Daniels vs AJ styles vs Samoa Joe. He had many great matches with a variety of opponents and was truely one of my main reasons for watching TNA, to me its really sad on 2 counts that this has happened: 1. Anyone would think this is a good idea. 2. Fans get behind the idea. Granted fans have got behind it which is why i mention it in this thread! This threads a chance for everyone to moan and bitch about anything they dont like in wrestling that generally got over.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=arwink;465416]King Booker.[/QUOTE] Seconded. That was right at the time I was turning away from wrestling. Then BAM! The E makes Regal, one of my favourite wrestlers ever, into some lame sidekick bitch. Worst angle ever... I'm also tempted to talk about the whole issue surrounding Raven's crucifixion angle but I think I might let that one lie :p. Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Nevermore;465440]I'm also tempted to talk about the whole issue surrounding Raven's crucifixion angle but I think I might let that one lie :p.[/QUOTE] I gotta ask ... is it the angle itself, the forced apology that followed, or the varied stories that have stemmed from that night? As for the original post, I have to say Goldberg. I was never big into WCW, but watched enough to know the whole concept of this guy being undefeated for a whole year drove me nuts. Or maybe it's just that Raven had to drop his deserved US title to him 1 night after he won it.

[QUOTE=Prophet;465461]I gotta ask ... is it the angle itself, the forced apology that followed, or the varied stories that have stemmed from that night? As for the original post, I have to say Goldberg. I was never big into WCW, but watched enough to know the whole concept of this guy being undefeated for a whole year drove me nuts. Or maybe it's just that Raven had to drop his deserved US title to him 1 night after he won it.[/QUOTE] I think it was because he didn't tell Paul(Heyman)It also sucks because ECW could have possibly had Kurt Angle on the roster.

For the 7 fans WCW had at the time, I was the one who hated both the David Arquette title reign and ANY involvement from either the Demon, Kwee Wee and Tank Abbott. The other 6 WCW fans liked them, but to me they were all utter shyte and nearly made me hate WCW.

Oh and Ralphus. People thought that was funny, but personally I found it fugly. Just like Big Titty V in WWE, it's so disgusting when I see an ugly blimp like those mofos it's turn the channel time... even if Norman Smiley or Chris Jericho are involved with a dude like Ralphus or Big Titty V, it's Drawn Together time.

[QUOTE=tristram;465580]For the 7 fans WCW had at the time, I was the one who hated both the David Arquette title reign and ANY involvement from either the Demon, Kwee Wee and Tank Abbott. The other 6 WCW fans liked them, but to me they were all utter shyte and nearly made me hate WCW.[/QUOTE] As one of the other 6 WCW fans, I can assure you that I did not enjoy any of those things. Ok I admit to a chuckle every now and then when Tank was dancing around with 3 Count, but that's it, I swear. I still won't watch any David Arquette movies because of his title reign (well, and because he sucks as an actor).

I liked everything mentioned in this thread thus far, except for the David Arquette thing, but I don't think anyone liked that. I liked the "What" promo's. I liked "You Suck" during Kurt's entrance. I liked King Booker. I liked Goldberg and Brock's monster pushes. I like Big Daddy V and his man-boobs. I never watched Evolution, so watching it may have annoyed me, but reading up on what happened suring the era, it was a vital part of Batista and Orton's overall arcs, so sounds like a good thing to me. As for things people like, yet I don't... I dunno. Everything I dislike is normally hated by internet fans. I don't get Batista. Not because he 'can't wrestle' but because that kind of dominant "I can beat anyone" character isn't something I can naturally support. That being said, I do think it's a valid character, who deserves a place at the top of WWE. Kids like him, he sells merchandise. Rock on. Damn. Really hoped I could think of something. Maybe later.

ok let the flaming begin, I do not now nor have I all the way back to the rockers, liked shawn Micheals. they guy just grates on the my nerves. before Tivo i would turn off the the tv, or flip the channel. Since DVR, i see Mikey and hit the fast fast forward to skip even looking at the guy. Ric flair falls into the same category.

Ultimate Warrior. While in hindsight this might seem like a no brainer, at the time when I was just wee little kiddie the Warrior was very popular but even at that young age I could tell he sucked. Goldberg, Warrior without the paint or the weird as hell promos. Just a big useless boring squash machine .... plus, the name Goldberg doesn't instill fear or awe in me. I wasn't a huge fan of early RoH when the rohbots were making a huge deal about it and they pretty much only had a couple of good workers and a lot of flippy dangerous kids or overweight untalented Puerto Ricans not doing much on the undercards. They've improved, but by the time they actually got good all the smarks moved on to liking Chikara which I am still uncertain on.

Matt Hardy. Everyone loves him, and I cannot stand him. His matches are slow-paced and boring and he has now aerial abilities whatsoever yet he gets wickedly over for being a crazy risk-taker because of his brother. Granted he is a decent ring psychologist and his matches actually turn out decent most of the time, but I just think he gets way more credit than he deserves.

I have always hated The Radicalz and Rey Misterio(with the exception of Dean Malenko who was and always will be one of my favorite wrestlers). I have always found them dull and boring beyond belief. I also couldn't stand Goldberg and though the only good thing about the streak was who ended it. I can't stand Nigel McGuinness now (though he was gold in his pure title reign) and the jawbreaker lariat is the dumbest movie I have ever seen (yet the ROHbots bitch about the Canadian Destroyer). [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnBluS-mM_o[/url]

[QUOTE=Prophet;465461]I gotta ask ... is it the angle itself, the forced apology that followed, or the varied stories that have stemmed from that night?[/QUOTE] 'Kay, please don't flame me... It was the forced apology. It offended people? Good... that was the whole point in the Raven character! It went too far? Then disassociate the other wrestlers from the incident and make Raven even more hated! Surely, surely, surely the one thing not to do is to send your [I]top [/I]maniacal, evil bastard heel out to apologise for his actions :confused:. He'd stolen Sandman's wife, brainwashed his son, attacked countless women over the few months prior (and most importantly, that feud had been building for ages) and they practically emasculated the Raven character in one moment of bad judgement. But the worst bit for me is all the suff Kurt Angle has said about it; it's why he has never been one of my favourite guys despite his enormous talent. He called Raven "a disgusting human being" and Paul E "an idiot" for not keeping closer tabs on the talent. Plus, he refused to sign with ECW or have his image used on that broadcast. Sandman has since pointed out that Kurt didn't say a word to Vince when the Undertaker crucified Stone Cold two months later. Talk about a double standard... It just annoyed me that the specific shape of a cross (and that's all it was) was enough to nullify so much work in building up a great storyline. By all means disagree; I'm fine for having the conversation. If we do, though, let's not get incensed (or alternatively do it via pm ;)). Quote The Raven Nevermore

I've never liked Edge, ever. Not back when he teamed with Christian, not when he was giving blood baths, and especially not now that he's 'marrying' Eddie's widow. And while I'm on that subject, anybody else feel that gimmick is just sickening? Why not just go take a piss on Eddie's grave?

[QUOTE=Nevermore;465692]'Kay, please don't flame me... It was the forced apology. It offended people? Good... that was the whole point in the Raven character! It went too far? Then disassociate the other wrestlers from the incident and make Raven even more hated! Surely, surely, surely the one thing not to do is to send your [I]top [/I]maniacal, evil bastard heel out to apologise for his actions :confused:. He'd stolen Sandman's wife, brainwashed his son, attacked countless women over the few months prior (and most importantly, that feud had been building for ages) and they practically emasculated the Raven character in one moment of bad judgement. But the worst bit for me is all the suff Kurt Angle has said about it; it's why he has never been one of my favourite guys despite his enormous talent. He called Raven "a disgusting human being" and Paul E "an idiot" for not keeping closer tabs on the talent. Plus, he refused to sign with ECW or have his image used on that broadcast. Sandman has since pointed out that Kurt didn't say a word to Vince when the Undertaker crucified Stone Cold two months later. Talk about a double standard... It just annoyed me that the specific shape of a cross (and that's all it was) was enough to nullify so much work in building up a great storyline. By all means disagree; I'm fine for having the conversation. If we do, though, let's not get incensed (or alternatively do it via pm ;)). Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] I would absolutely disagree with everything you stated here ... except I agree with all of it. I went on a youtube hunt a few months back, trying to find all different aspects of this, after a conversation I was having at the time brought it back up to me. I think the part about it all, in hindsight, that amazes me, is listening to people talk about Angle. In the Rise and Fall dvd, Angle all but spat when talking about that night, how unbelievably disgusted he was. However, Raven has said in more than one interview that when the two were in TNA together, he asked Angle about it, and Angle said he had no real problem with it. Raven also said that Heyman knew the whole time, which Paul disagrees on. Considering all Raven had done prior, as you said with the year long storyline with the Sandman, as well as the story with Dreamer, with the chairshot heard round the world, the fact that he had to walk down to the ring and apologize, an idea that came up after Sandman said no to fighting back out the curtain, just seems silly. Always has. I'm also a little bias, because I'm a huge Raven fan, since he was one of those wrestlers who didn't just walk to the ring, waved his arms, said "I want the belt" and went home. He built real stories.

[QUOTE=I Am Jack Avatar;465753] Why not just go take a piss on Eddie's grave?[/QUOTE] So she isn't allowed to be with anyone else because Eddie died? I get it's a storyline and its not real or anything and they don't have to do it. But I really don't get that logic. it's not as if Edge is cutting promos each week insulting Eddie. If Vicky agrees to it, more power to her. She can always say no.

Hulk Hogan. Could never stand the guy. Could never see why he was so popular. And generally I went to bed just before the main event of a PPV because I had zero interest in watching him. His interviews with Mean Gene were awful. Just standing up and hulking up after being hit with someone's finisher - hated it. There, I've said it.

[QUOTE=Prophet;465894]I'm also a little bias, because I'm a huge Raven fan, since he was one of those wrestlers who didn't just walk to the ring, waved his arms, said "I want the belt" and went home. He built real stories.[/QUOTE] I love it when people understand [I]why [/I]he's so good! I've never tried to claim that he's the most athletically gifted workerr but, my god, does he have a claim to being one of the best ever. ...and, yeah, you've nailed it. Raven seems to be the only one who was straight up about it and hasn't done a U-turn at any point. Everyone else (as I was discussing with Ded earlier) seemed to have a somewhat two-faced agenda. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Archived