WFRC (World Fighting Road Championships)

No fancy back story, just a new company featuring 16 new fighters, and some favorites from the default universe. [SIZE="3"][i]Main event at the top[/i][/SIZE] [u][b]WFRC 1: Caged Aggression.[/b][/u] WFRC Heavyweight Title Fight: Trevor Schultz vs. Mauricio Werdun [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/SchultzvsWerdun-1.jpg[/img] WFRC Lightweight Title Fight: Gregor Popov vs. Hirooki Abe [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/PopovvsAbe.jpg[/img] WFRC Middleweight Title Fight: Viriato Belo vs. Yuichi Fujita [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/BelovsFujita.jpg[/img] Alfons Janssen vs. Tayron Willis [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/JanssenvsWillis.jpg[/img] Mark Morris vs. Takao Orihara [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/MorrisvsOrihara.jpg[/img] Doug Martin vs. Chad Saffron [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/MartinvsSaffron.jpg[/img] Brandon Sugar vs. Antoni Mora [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/SugarvsMora.jpg[/img] Kensh*to Yamata vs. Salvatore Greco [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/YamatavsGreco.jpg[/img]

[b]MMA Fighter Magazine Interviews Trevor Schultz[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/TrevorSchultz.gif[/img] [b]MMAFMag:[/b] We're here with Trevor Schultz, who in a few weeks time, will be facing Mauricio Werdun for the WFRC Heavyweight Title. Thanks for joining us Trevor. [b]TS:[/b] Not a problem, I'm happy to be here. It's nice to get a break from training once in a while. [b]MMAFMag:[/b] Speaking of training are you working on anything specifically for your upcoming fight with Werdun? [b]TS:[/b] Well, from what I've seen of Werdun, he has a bit of trouble with mounted strikes, so I've been focusing a lot of effort into my ground and pound. He's also got great cardio, so my trainers and I are trying to keep that in our heads as well. I wouldn't want to run out of gas in the middle of the fight. [b] MMAFMag:[/b] We recently ranked Werdun as the #3 heavyweight fighter in the entire world, and noted that the only flaw in his game is when he gets pounded on the ground. We also noted his amazing gaurd though, do you think it'll be tough to get into a mounted position against such an accomplished Jiu-Jitsu practitioner? [b]TS:[/b] Hard? Yes. Impossible? No. I've got some great training partners, and I think that when the bell sounds I'll be able to get into a great position and put the fight away. I'm fairly confident that I'm not going to leave anything open for him to work with when we go to the ground, so I'm not as worried about his ground game as some of his other opponents were. [b]MMAFMag:[/b] Werdun says he's been working on his stand up skills, is there any chance we'll see a stand up war between the two of you? [b]TS:[/b] I don't think my stand-up is bad at all, but I'm looking to take him down and pound him...that's where I've got the best chance, and that's my gameplan. Will we stand and strike? I'm sure it'll happen sometime in the fight...will it be a stand up war? Nah, probably not. [b]MMAFMag:[/b] Thanks for your time, and good luck on fight night Trevor. [b]TS:[/b] Thanks.

[b]New fight added to WFRC 1: Caged Aggression![/b] Jadyn Chase vs. Derek South [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/ChasevsSouth.jpg[/img] Both of these fighters are new to the fight scene and trying to make a name for themselves. Jaydn Chase has been training at Camp Attraction, and is set to make a big debut. While Derek South, who is coming off a big win in his first fight looks to prove that it was more than just beginners luck.

[b][u]MMAOnline Talks with Derek South.[/u][/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/DerekSouth.gif[/img] [b]MMAO:[/b] We got Derek South to sit down with us for a brief interview about his upcoming fight with Jadyn Chase. Thanks for talking with us Derek. [b]DS:[/b] Yeah, no problem. Any publicity is good publicity right? [b]MMAO:[/b] Your first official fight was at the beginning of the year, and you absolutely destroyed your opponent, James Nethfield. How long did you train for that fight? It's gotten around that it was a last minute thing for you and that you weren't even supposed to be on the card. [b]DS:[/b] That's pretty much the truth. I just like to fight. I don't care if I look like **** because I've taken a few. ****in' fightin' is what I do. It's my ****in' job ya know? I don't have to go to the office and look respectable. I just go to the gym and kick the **** out of people. So I'm always ready. I hear a lot of fighters train for ****in' months for a gawddamn fight. **** that. I barely even think about it. I just get in there and fight, that **** comes naturally to me. So yeah, I took that fight against Nethfield on like 2 hours notice. I ****ed him up too. I love what I do. [b]MMMAO:[/b] Some fans and experts are saying that after watching your first fight that you could be a real contender for WFRC, but there are some that are saying that you've got a one dimensional fight game, that you're all big punches, but if the fight went to the ground you'd be over. Do you feel there's any truth to those statements. [b]DS:[/b] I beat Nethfield in about 55 seconds, and the fight never went to the ground. I don't see where these ****in' experts are getting their opinions from, but I'd be happy to shove 'em up their ****in' asses. Bottom line, they haven't seen enough of my "fight game" to make a well rounded ****in' opinion. They ought to keep their mouths ****in' shut and their eyes ****in' open. [b]MMAO:[/b] So it's safe to say that you disagree with that? [b]DS:[/b] Damn staight I disagree. I'm a MMA instructor at a well known martial arts school in New York City. Do you think I could have gotten that position if I had no ****in' ground game? Am I a ****in' Gracie Jiu-Jitsu black belt? **** no. Do I have decent skills on the ground? You bet your ****in' ass I do. I couldn't give two ****s and a **** what the fans think of my fightin' ability as long as they come to see me fight and leave entertained. They can think I'm one dimensional, they can think I'm all punches, they can think I'm fat and ****in' ugly for all I care...just so long as they come watch me. The experts, well, **** 'em. They don't mean to **** to this business, besides, the first time one of my fights go to the ground and I can hold my own, they'll be eatin' their ****in' foot. [b]MMAO:[/b] So do you have a plan for your upcoming fight with Jadyn Chase? [b]DS:[/b] Yeah, to ****in' win. He's new, I'm new, we're both lookin' to make a ****in' name for ourselves. I guess I should say I'm goin' to take him down and silence my critics, but **** that. I'm just goin' to win. It doesn't matter how. [b]MMAO:[/b] Thanks for talking with us Derek, good luck. [b]DS:[/b] No problem. I'm sure you'll be talkin' to me a lot more in the future.

[b][u]Final fight added to the WFRC 1: Caged Aggression card.[/u][/b] Gunnar Nilsson vs. Shane Gilchrist [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/NilssonvsGilchrist.jpg[/img] WFRC President, Carlzilla, dropped a bomb today when he announced the final fight for the WFRC 1: Caged Aggression show. Gunner Nilsson and Shane Gilchrist are two highly popular and very talented fighters. This puts the event at 10 fights, 3 of them being title bouts. This should be a huge show.

MMAOnline's predictions: [b]Trevor Schultz[/b] (5-1) - Mauricio Werdun (12-3) via TKO Gregor Popov (3-1) - [b]Hirooki Abe[/b] (0-0) via submission Yuichi Fujita (15-3) - [b]Viriato Belo[/b] (1-0) via KO Gunnar Nilsson (18-3) - [b]Shane Gilchrist[/b] (11-2) via KO [b]Tayron Willis[/b] (2-1-1) - Alfons Janssen (4-0) via KO [b]Mark Morris[/b] (2-0) - Takao Orihara (40-6-2) via KO Doug Martin (3-0) - [b]Chad Saffron[/b] (2-0) via split decision [b]Antoni Mora[/b] (12-4) - Brandon Sugar (7-2) via TKO [b]Salvatore Greco [/b](1-0) - Kensh*to Yamata (5-3) via TKO Derek South (1-0) - [b]Jadyn Chase[/b] (0-0) via TKO Event will be posted at 9pm MST. Feel free to make predictions until then.

[B]Trevor Schultz[/B] (5-1) - Mauricio Werdun (12-3) via TKO Gregor Popov (3-1) - [B]Hirooki Abe[/B] (0-0) via submission [B]Yuichi Fujita[/B] (15-3) - Viriato Belo (1-0) via KO [B]Gunnar Nilsson[/B] (18-3) - Shane Gilchrist (11-2) via KO [B]Tayron Willis[/B] (2-1-1) - Alfons Janssen (4-0) via KO Mark Morris (2-0) - [B]Takao Orihara[/B] (40-6-2) via KO [B]Doug Martin[/B] (3-0) - Chad Saffron (2-0) via split decision [B]Antoni Mora[/B] (12-4) - Brandon Sugar (7-2) via TKO [B]Salvatore Greco [/B](1-0) - Kenshiito Yamata (5-3) via TKO Derek South (1-0) - [B]Jadyn Chase[/B] (0-0) via TKO

[b][u][center]WFRC 1: Caged Aggression[/b][/u][/center] [b]Jadyn Chase vs. Derek South[/b] [quote]Round 1 South starts fast, unleashing a bomb of a right hand, but J. Chase avoids it without too much trouble. South isn't disheartened though, swinging two more huge punches, with J. Chase getting out the way each time, but being forced all over the place. South finally backs off a little, breathing hard. That was quite a frantic start. J. Chase opts to use that, and comes in to throw some jabs. South is backed up against the cage, covering up. J. Chase clinches. They struggle, and the fight enters a lull. South hits a knee strike to the hip. J. Chase slips one leg behind South and uses that as leverage for a big trip. South landed hard, with J. Chase on top. They're in half guard. It's to South's advantage that they're right next to the cage, that is blocking J. Chase from attacking the left hand side of the body. South is forced into action to defend a kimura attempt. J. Chase tries to step over to mount, but South keeps his legs in position and ends up almost rolled into a ball. J. Chase fires some stiff punches to the back, then one to the face. He reaches through and tries to secure an armbar, but has to be careful as he is in danger of getting picked off with a counter armbar too. South doesn't appear to be trying that though, instead trying to shift his weight so that he can get back up. J. Chase isn't allowing it though, and gets a couple more punches in before settling back into half guard. South ties him up in a snug clinch. The action halts, and time expires before J. Chase can get free. The first round is over. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 J. Chase. Round 2 South throws a stinging jab, landing just above the left eye. J. Chase steps in and fires off one of his own, but South bobs out of the way and scores with a pair of solid shots to the body. J. Chase turns and swings, just as South also unloads...and it's South who connects first! J. Chase's hands drop and he is on rubbery legs. South follows up with a beauty of a right hand, and that drops J. Chase. The referee doesn't even wait for South to dive in to finish, he's seen enough, J. Chase is clearly on Dream Street. This bout is over! South wins via 2nd round TKO with the official time being 1:27. [b]Derek South (2-0)[/b] - Jadyn Chase (0-1)[/quote] [b] Kensh*to Yamata vs. Salvatore Greco[/b] [quote]Round 1 K. Yamata hits a nice left hook. Sal Greco felt it, and throws a ragged punch in response, missing by a mile. K. Yamata comes in close and hits a couple of big body shots, bobbing out of the way of the jabs that were aimed for his jaw. Sal Greco clinches up, but gets pushed all the way back to the cage, where K. Yamata uses a trip to send them both down to the ground. K. Yamata tries to move quickly into side control, but Sal Greco isn't letting that happen. Sal Greco reaches up and tries to grab an arm, but takes a right hand to the cheek in response. K. Yamata tries to power him way through, raining down four or five hammer fists, but Sal Greco covered up well. K. Yamata pushes a leg down and moves to the side, but Sal Greco spins out. K. Yamata moves with him though and gets his back! No, Sal Greco scrambled like crazy and manages to turn right back over and pull guard again. That was an exciting sequence though, and the fans enjoyed it. K. Yamata won't be pleased that he had both side control and the back, but didn't hold onto either for more than a few seconds. The fight unfortunately enters a lull, as K. Yamata punctuates unsuccessful attempts to pass guard with easily defended jabs. The referee eventually gets them back up to their feet due to inactivity. Not much time left in the round though. Sal Greco will need to do something a bit special to avoid losing the round on points. He tries just that, throwing a big right hand and a high kick, but K. Yamata backs off, safe in the knowledge that he has won this round. The time expires. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to K. Yamata. Round 2 A couple of straight lefts from Sal Greco start the round, but neither got past the gloves of K. Yamata. They clinch, with K. Yamata looking like he initiated it. They struggle for supremacy. Sal Greco gets taken down, but traps K. Yamata in guard. K. Yamata almost gets caught in a surprise armbar, leaving his arm in for far too long after a punch. Sal Greco tries to twist it while wrapping his legs around it, but K. Yamata pulls free, and it allows him an opportunity to get side control due to Sal Greco's legs being out of position. He lies across Sal Greco's chest. Sal Greco has locked up K. Yamata's right shoulder well, it's preventing him from doing much. K. Yamata drives a knee into the ribs, but can't generate much force. K. Yamata tries to spin around and get into north and south position, but Sal Greco blocks it by tenaciously holding onto the right arm. K. Yamata uses his legs to break Sal Greco's arms apart and trap the right one. It's a semi-crucifix position, Sal Greco is quite exposed. Fortunately for him then time expires before K. Yamata can turn it into a better attacking opportunity. The second round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to K. Yamata. All three judges give a score of 20-18 to Kensh*to Yamata. Salvatore Greco (1-1) - [b]Kensh*to Yamata (6-3)[/b][/quote] [b]Antoni Mora vs. Brandon Sugar[/b] [quote]Round 1 They meet in the center. Sugar hits a nice jab, a second misses. A. Mora steps in close and hits a brutal body shot, causing Sugar to back up quickly. That was a really powerful shot. A. Mora stalks Sugar, flicking occasional jabs. It looks like A. Mora wants to stand and trade punches with Sugar. A. Mora gets within striking distance and throws a bomb of a right hand, narrowly missing. Sugar fires off a raking left hook in response, but that is off target too. They meet and exchange punches. Sugar goes for the body, but gets tagged with a left hand to the side of the head. Sugar is rattled by it, but doesn't step off, instead throwing a couple of crisp jabs. A. Mora throws another big punch, this time thundering it into Sugar's shoulder. They clinch. So far it looks like Sugar simply can't live with the power that A. Mora has in his hands, you get the sense that if this continues, Sugar is going to wind up knocked out sooner or later. The clinch is broken, but within thirty seconds they are right back in it, this time leaning against the cage. By the time that is broken, the round only has a few seconds left. The round is over. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 A. Mora. Round 2 As the round begins, it's noticeable that Sugar still looks pretty wobbly, some of the shots he has taken so far seem to have taken their toll. Can A. Mora capitalise? A. Mora advances and throws a solid right, hitting gloves. A left hook gets parried. A crisp jab finds its way through and tags Sugar above the right eye. That won't help. Sugar puts together a nice sequence, following a one-two combination with a meaty right hook. A. Mora dealt with it well, parrying or avoiding each one. A. Mora sneaks a right hand in under the guard, landing just below the throat. The referee tells him to avoid hitting there. Sugar finds an energy spurt and forces A. Mora back with a flurry of jabs. His head may be beginning to clear. A. Mora hits a right cross, then gets pulled into a clinch. That wastes a whole heap of time, and by the time they are broken apart by the referee, the time for the round is almost over. A. Mora will win this round on points, but he will be disappointed that he couldn't finish a rocked Sugar off. The round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to A. Mora by 10-9. The official scores are in; two judges give 20-18, the other 21-17, all for Antoni Mora. [b]Antoni Mora (13-4)[/b] - Brandon Sugar (7-3)[/quote] [b]Doug Martin vs. Chad Saffron[/b] [quote]Round 1 A couple of straight lefts from C. Saffron start the round, but neither got past the gloves of D. Martin. They clinch, with D. Martin looking like he initiated it. They struggle for supremacy. C. Saffron gets taken down, but traps D. Martin in guard. D. Martin almost gets caught in a surprise armbar, leaving his arm in for far too long after a punch. C. Saffron tries to twist it while wrapping his legs around it, but D. Martin pulls free, and it allows him an opportunity to get side control due to C. Saffron's legs being out of position. He lies across C. Saffron's chest. C. Saffron has locked up D. Martin's right shoulder well, it's preventing him from doing much. D. Martin drives a knee into the ribs, but can't generate much force. D. Martin tries to spin around and get into north and south position, but C. Saffron blocks it by tenaciously holding onto the right arm. D. Martin uses his legs to break C. Saffron's arms apart and trap the right one. It's a semi-crucifix position, C. Saffron is quite exposed. Fortunately for him then time expires before D. Martin can turn it into a better attacking opportunity. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to D. Martin by 10-9. Round 2 They come together into a clich almost right away. D. Martin gets a knee in, but that's about the total sum of the action, and the referee separates them. C. Saffron moves in, but gets caught with a big kick to the legs that causes him to stumble to the mat. D. Martin came in fast to try and capitalise, but C. Saffron uses the guard well. D. Martin tries to move quickly into side control, but C. Saffron isn't letting that happen. C. Saffron reaches up and tries to grab an arm, but takes a right hand to the cheek in response. D. Martin tries to power him way through, raining down four or five hammer fists, but C. Saffron covered up well. D. Martin pushes a leg down and moves to the side, but C. Saffron spins out. D. Martin moves with him though and gets his back! No, C. Saffron scrambled like crazy and manages to turn right back over and pull guard again. That was an exciting sequence though, and the fans enjoyed it. D. Martin won't be pleased that he had both side control and the back, but didn't hold onto either for more than a few seconds. The fight unfortunately enters a lull, as D. Martin punctuates unsuccessful attempts to pass guard with easily defended jabs. The referee eventually gets them back up to their feet due to inactivity. Not much time left in the round though. C. Saffron will need to do something a bit special to avoid losing the round on points. He tries just that, throwing a big right hand and a high kick, but D. Martin backs off, safe in the knowledge that he has won this round. The time expires. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for D. Martin. The judges scores are unanimous, and give a score of 20-18 to Doug Martin. [b]Doug Martin (4-0)[/b] - Chad Saffron (2-1)[/quote] [b]Mark Morris vs. Takao Orihara[/b] [quote]Round 1 The round begins with T. Orihara taking the iniative, coming in quickly with a straight right and a leg kick. M. Morris replies with a snap jab and a wild left that misses by a long way. T. Orihara goes for the takedown, but M. Morris sprawls. T. Orihara tries to power through, but M. Morris uses that against him and turns it into a takedown of his own. They're quite close to the cage, which may help T. Orihara defend this. M. Morris is in guard. He throws a couple of half-hearted jabs, then tries to pass, but T. Orihara isn't allowing it. T. Orihara pulls M. Morris in tight, locking up both his arms. M. Morris pulls free and again tries to pass guard. This has turned into a bit of a stalemate, the referee may be thinking of standing them up if nothing happens soon. M. Morris tries a big right hand, which T. Orihara defends well. He has quite a high guard, M. Morris has to be wary not to fall into a triangle when leaning in like that. T. Orihara once again drags M. Morris down into a clinch, and this time even tries to work a guillotine, but M. Morris easily deals with it and hands out two solid right hands to the ribs along the way. We're back to M. Morris trying to pass guard. T. Orihara tries to throw a big punch and almost hands an armbar to M. Morris, but he realises the danger in time and manages to recover. The referee finally gets them back to their feet due to the lack of progress that has been made. M. Morris scores with a jab, then a second. T. Orihara goes for a sweeping kick to the right knee, but it isn't fast enough and gives M. Morris enough time to take him down again. M. Morris quickly goes to pass guard, looking for side control, but T. Orihara once again defends it. It looks like a frustrating round will end with them on the ground, and almost certainly has to go to M. Morris on points due to him being the aggressor and getting two takedowns in. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 M. Morris. Round 2 The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from T. Orihara forces M. Morris back up against the cage, and he has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but T. Orihara is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and M. Morris clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, M. Morris gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. T. Orihara seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's M. Morris who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that T. Orihara had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. M. Morris misses a right hand and gives T. Orihara an angle, allowing him to come in from the side. He tries to take M. Morris over with a type of suplex, which is partially blocked. T. Orihara tries a second time, this time completing the move by slamming M. Morris down onto the mat stomach-first. T. Orihara briefly has his back, but M. Morris scrambles and manages to turn and get into guard. T. Orihara is looking dangerous. He fires off a couple of punches, and one gets through. A third is attempted, but that gives M. Morris the opportunity he needed, and T. Orihara gets swept, ending up underneath in side control. M. Morris fires off three punches of his own, two connecting solidly above the eye. M. Morris moves up into a dominant position, totally controlling the head and left arm of T. Orihara, and looking for a kimura. T. Orihara is trying to stop it, but he is in a really poor position and cannot get any sort of leverage. M. Morris sinks it in, and T. Orihara has to tap out. The official time is 7:49. [b]Mark Morris (3-0)[/b] - Takao Orihara (40-7-2)[/quote] [b]Alfons Jenssen vs. Tayron Willis[/b] [quote]Round 1 T. Willis scores the first meaningful blow of the round, hitting a powerful overhand right that thumped past the gloves. A. Janssen shakes it off though, and scores with a nice low kick to the outside of the thigh. He steps in to throw some strikes, but T. Willis moves to a new angle and scores with a series of jabs. A. Janssen turns and swings a heavy right hand, but T. Willis goes underneath it and hits a wicked kick to the gut. That exchange really showed the difference between the two fighters; T. Willis looks light on his feet and very agile, A. Janssen looks slow and sluggish by comparison. A. Janssen will need to find a way to nullify T. Willis's footwork, perhaps by getting in close, as he has been picked apart for the first half of this round. T. Willis darts in again, and gets in a nice flurry. A. Janssen manages to hit a crisp jab in return, but one of T. Willis's punches caught him above the eye, leaving a mark, so he came off the worse from that exchange. The round ends without any further big strikes happening, T. Willis controlling the round with his superior movement. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to T. Willis by 10-9. Round 2 Bright start from T. Willis, he bounds over and starts unloading with a flurry of jabs and straight rights, bobbing and weaving the entire time to avoid A. Janssen's counter punches. A. Janssen tries to score with a lunging overhand right, but T. Willis side-steps it and catches him with a crunching punch to the jaw. A. Janssen backs off quickly, dazed, it's a surprise that he didn't go down from that. T. Willis follows up, hoping to capitalise on the situation, and bombards A. Janssen with punches. A. Janssen covers up at first, then grabs T. Willis and uses a clinch to prevent the attack from getting worse. They get stuck like that for a while, which works in A. Janssen's favour as it gives him plenty of time to recover properly. They are finally parted. A. Janssen goes looking for revenge, firing off several enormous punches, trying to take T. Willis's head off, but T. Willis is far too quick at the moment, and almost dances his way out of the way of each strike, tagging A. Janssen with flicked jabs as counters. T. Willis's movement is noticeably better than A. Janssen, who is really struggling to generate any sort of meaningful attack simply because he is struggling to hit the constantly moving target that is T. Willis. They exchange strikes in the center, and for the first time A. Janssen gets a few blows in, as T. Willis looks to be tiring a little. It won't be enough to get A. Janssen the round though, T. Willis has clearly won this on points and there's only a few seconds left. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 T. Willis. The official scores are in; two judges give 20-18, the other 21-17, all for Tayron Willis. [b]Tayron Willis (3-1-1)[/b] - Alfons Janssen (4-1)[/quote] [b]Gunnar Nilsson vs. Shane Gilchrist[/b] [quote]Round 1 Gilchrist comes out fast and quickly backs Nilsson up, all the way up against the cage. Gilchrist throws a series of rights and lefts; none of the strikes to the head got through, but two nice body shots did. He doesn't follow up though, instead keeping a few steps back, clearly not wanting to get tied up in a clinch. Nilsson throws a low kick, then advances with some jabs, forcing Gilchrist to back off a little. They meet in the center and exchange strikes, with Gilchrist looking the crisper striker of the two, although without doing any real damage. Nilsson shoots in for the takedown, but Gilchrist sprawls and eventually pushes free. Right hand from Gilchrist, then two jabs which both find their mark. Nilsson bats away a third, then comes in hard and fast for a second takedown attempt. Gilchrist sprawls again, but gets pushed all the way up against the cage. Nilsson has a leg, but is low down to the ground and doesn't have the leverage to complete the takedown. He works to a better standing position, but has to lose the leg and grab a clinch instead. They both fire off some small punches from there. Nilsson tries for a trip, but Gilchrist avoids it and works free from the clinch. He returns to the center, clearly wanting a striking battle rather than a grappling match. Nilsson follows, hands held high, and throws a couple of jabs. Gilchrist connects with one instead though, and then with a looping right hand that catches Nilsson above the eye. He felt that, but doesn't go down. Best strike of the round so far. Nilsson throws a low kick. Gilchrist comes in to strike again, but this time cannot sprawl quickly enough and gets taken down. Gilchrist pulls guard. Unfortunately for Nilsson, now that he has finally gotten the takedown, there's less than thirty seconds left. He tries to pass guard to get to side control, but Gilchrist comfortably defends it until the round is over. The first round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Gilchrist by 10-9. Round 2 The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from Nilsson forces Gilchrist back up against the cage, and he has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but Nilsson is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and Gilchrist clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, Gilchrist gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. Nilsson seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's Gilchrist who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that Nilsson had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. Gilchrist pushes Nilsson up against the cage in a clinch. Gilchrist throws a knee, then a couple of short punches to the side of the head. Nilsson pushes him away and steps in to score with an uppercut. Gilchrist took it flush on the chin and is rocked! Another right hand drops Gilchrist against the cage, and Nilsson follows up by unloading with a barrage of punches. The referee gets in and pulls Nilsson away, he wins the match by TKO. The official time of the TKO is 8:58 of round 2. [b]Gunnar Nilsson (19-3)[/b] - Shane Gilchrist (11-3)[/quote] [b]Yuichi Fujita vs. Viriato Belo[/b] [quote]Round 1 Y. Fujita throws a straight right, batted away by V. Belo. Y. Fujita goes for a second, but gets beaten to the punch as V. Belo scores with a kick that catches Y. Fujita across the outside of the knee. V. Belo throws another one, and this time it lands just above the same knee. Y. Fujita backs off slightly. V. Belo throws a high jab, then head-fakes and comes in with a left hook from low down. Y. Fujita fires back with a crisp right hand that connects to the shoulder rather than the face. V. Belo throws another fizzing low kick, again connecting with the knee. Y. Fujita tried to check it, but couldn't in time. Those strikes are going to add up soon and start reducing his mobility. V. Belo throws another kick, this time at chest-height, but it's merely a set-up to allow him to come in fast and start throwing a series of jabs. Y. Fujita covers up, throwing occasional straight rights in return. V. Belo backs off, but not before cracking another kick into the thigh region. Time is running down, Y. Fujita has failed to deal with those kicks, and it has definitely cost him this round, and possibly done some damage to his knee. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for V. Belo. Round 2 V. Belo starts fast, immediately going on the attack with jabs and straight rights. Y. Fujita covers up from the initial burst, then starts throwing some raking rights and lefts. V. Belo bobs and weaves out of harm's way, countering by flicking off jabs whenever possible, peppering Y. Fujita with strikes. None of them are likely to knock Y. Fujita down, but they will add up over time. Y. Fujita moves in and tries to back V. Belo up against the cage, but he is too quick, and won't allow himself to get caught. Y. Fujita is having a real problem with V. Belo's movement, which is allowing him to dart in and out almost at will, hitting quick jabs and avoiding any counters. There's another example, as V. Belo scores with a sharp left hand to the chest, and is gone before the big right hand of Y. Fujita hits. Y. Fujita looks frustrated, and switches tactics, no longer looking for the big punches but trying to stop V. Belo getting in close by using low kicks and long, raking punches. V. Belo is kept from doing any further damage, but Y. Fujita isn't generating any offence either. V. Belo comes in from an angle, takes a right hand, but scores with a flurry of his own. Y. Fujita tries to hit a low kick, but misses. Time is running down, V. Belo is going to take this round on points, he has been able to dominate it thanks to his superior movement. The round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to V. Belo by 10-9. Round 3 Flat start to the round, thirty seconds of circling without any actual contact. The fans begin to get a bit restless. Y. Fujita is the first to try something, stringing together a couple of jabs and a low kick, but V. Belo blocked the first two and avoided the latter. A lunge from Y. Fujita is meant to set up a punch, but it's clumsy and just leaves him off balance. V. Belo is quick to react, and gets a great shot to the side of the face in before Y. Fujita can cover up. That landed above the left eye and has left an ugly red mark. No cut, but that will start to swell and could give Y. Fujita some problems later on. Y. Fujita moves in for a right hook, but takes a hard kick to the knee, then is forced to retreat so as not to get caught with the two right hands that follow. V. Belo is staying on it though, and glances three shots off the gloves of Y. Fujita before they wind up in a clinch. That punch above the eye, or maybe the mistake that led to it, seems to have completely thrown Y. Fujita off, since that moment he has been comprehensively out-struck and is now in danger of losing this round. They struggle in the clinch, neither fighter managing a great deal more than minor blows. Y. Fujita goes for a trip, but V. Belo cleverly spins out of it and the two fighters are back to circling. Not a great round for purists, it has all been a bit disjointed, but that one shot from V. Belo may prove decisive. As the round comes to an end, they wind up back in another clinch, with nothing coming of it. The round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 V. Belo. The official scores are: 30-27 from all three judges for Viriato Belo. Viriato Belo is the new WFRC Middleweight Title champion. Yuichi Fujita (15-4) - [b]Viriato Belo (2-0)[/b][/quote] [b]Gregor Popov vs. Hirooki Abe[/b] [quote]Round 1 H. Abe starts the round by throwing some low kicks. G. Popov checks them, then comes in and clearly wants to trade punches. H. Abe doesn't seem too bothered by that, and they enter into the first exchange of punches of the round. Difficult to say who came out on top, neither of them did a great deal of damage, most of the shots hit the opponent's gloves. H. Abe cleverly head-fakes, allowing him the time and angle that he needed to catch G. Popov with a beauty of a right hook. G. Popov stumbles backward, but doesn't go down. H. Abe presses the advantage by following in with a kick, then a right hand. G. Popov clinches. They remain clinched for a while. G. Popov scores with a nice knee, it appeared to catch H. Abe in the gut. H. Abe uses a single leg trip and takes the fight to the ground. H. Abe gets to side control upon impact, and immediately goes for an armbar. G. Popov reacts quickly, but is in real danger. H. Abe has his left arm straightened out, fortunately G. Popov has managed to roll and get a good position that is stopping H. Abe from getting the leverage needed to apply an armlock. H. Abe tries to step over and fully apply it, but G. Popov breaks free and gets him to back off with a couple of up-kicks. H. Abe steps back and motions for him to stand up. They go back to circling in the center. G. Popov hits a nice right hand, but takes one back too. The time runs down; H. Abe will probably get that round on points, he hit the best punch of the round, and got the only takedown, plus was the one who was working toward a submission. The round ends. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for H. Abe. Round 2 G. Popov starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by H. Abe. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. H. Abe goes for a single leg and puts G. Popov on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing H. Abe from getting on top. G. Popov definitely seems to want to keep this standing. H. Abe hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down G. Popov again. This time G. Popov isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, H. Abe will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but G. Popov defends. H. Abe tries to slip past to get side control, but G. Popov just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and H. Abe has the side. Two big elbows land, and G. Popov seems in trouble. H. Abe goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. The 2nd round ends. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 H. Abe. Round 3 G. Popov leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, H. Abe deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. H. Abe uses a knee to the ribs before backing G. Popov up against the cage. Right hand from G. Popov connects though, that was well timed. H. Abe breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, G. Popov was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from H. Abe sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. G. Popov fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. They come together, both throwing punches. G. Popov gets a nice clean shot in, and H. Abe stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. G. Popov is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. The official time is 8:34. Gregor Popov is the new WFRC Lightweight Title champion. [b]Gregor Popov (4-1)[/b] - Hirooki Abe (0-1)[/quote] [b]Trevor Schultz vs. Mauricio Werdun[/b] [quote]Round 1 Exchange of punches to start, nothing really hit though. They go into a clinch, and the pace disappears as both fighters try and get the advantage. Eventually the referee separates them. Jab from Werdun, who then has to react quickly to avoid a right hook that was aimed right at the chin. Werdun puts on a burst of energy and fires off a big sequence of punches, maybe twelve or thirteen in a row, although not many actually connected. T. Schultz covered up well, and gets in a couple of shots of his own before moving out of range again. A looping left from Werdun, but it's wide of the mark. Low kick from T. Schultz, almost to the groin, although it didn't look intentional. They come together in a clinch again, and it returns to a stalemate. Not a great round by anyone's standard, but that flurry should mean that Werdun will take the round on points. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Werdun. Round 2 The round begins with Werdun taking the iniative, coming in quickly with a straight right and a leg kick. T. Schultz replies with a snap jab and a wild left that misses by a long way. Werdun goes for the takedown, but T. Schultz sprawls. Werdun tries to power through, but T. Schultz uses that against him and turns it into a takedown of his own. They're quite close to the cage, which may help Werdun defend this. T. Schultz is in guard. He throws a couple of half-hearted jabs, then tries to pass, but Werdun isn't allowing it. Werdun pulls T. Schultz in tight, locking up both his arms. T. Schultz pulls free and again tries to pass guard. This has turned into a bit of a stalemate, the referee may be thinking of standing them up if nothing happens soon. T. Schultz tries a big right hand, which Werdun defends well. He has quite a high guard, T. Schultz has to be wary not to fall into a triangle when leaning in like that. Werdun once again drags T. Schultz down into a clinch, and this time even tries to work a guillotine, but T. Schultz easily deals with it and hands out two solid right hands to the ribs along the way. We're back to T. Schultz trying to pass guard. Werdun tries to throw a big punch and almost hands an armbar to T. Schultz, but he realises the danger in time and manages to recover. The referee finally gets them back to their feet due to the lack of progress that has been made. T. Schultz scores with a jab, then a second. Werdun goes for a sweeping kick to the right knee, but it isn't fast enough and gives T. Schultz enough time to take him down again. T. Schultz quickly goes to pass guard, looking for side control, but Werdun once again defends it. It looks like a frustrating round will end with them on the ground, and almost certainly has to go to T. Schultz on points due to him being the aggressor and getting two takedowns in. The round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to T. Schultz by 10-9. Round 3 There's a few minor exchanges of punches to start the round, and Werdun gets the better of them. Neither fighter is throwing any bombs, but Werdun is showing the better technique, and has hit a few nice body shots. They come together again, and Werdun shows quick hands to get in three nice shots. T. Schultz definitely felt them. Neither fighter seems interested in taking this to the ground, they're just circling, throwing a few punches, then regrouping. T. Schultz is struggling to inflict much damage. He may need to switch tactics, as so far Werdun is looking very comfortable. T. Schultz comes in with left, but Werdun saw it coming and slipped in a great right hand counter punch. T. Schultz is getting frustrated. The remainder of the round is no different, as the occasional exchanges of strikes are clearly go the way of Werdun's superior technique. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Werdun. The official scores are in; two judges give 29-28, the other 30-27, all for Mauricio Werdun. Mauricio Werdun is the new WFRC Heavyweight Title champion. Trevor Schultz (5-2) - [b]Mauricio Werdun (13-3)[/b][/quote] [b]Quick Results:[/b] [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%201/Results.jpg[/img][/quote]

[QUOTE=UFC-KING;468600][B]Trevor Schultz[/B] (5-1) - Mauricio Werdun (12-3) via TKO Gregor Popov (3-1) - [B]Hirooki Abe[/B] (0-0) via submission [B]Yuichi Fujita[/B] (15-3) - Viriato Belo (1-0) via KO [B]Gunnar Nilsson[/B] (18-3) - Shane Gilchrist (11-2) via KO [B]Tayron Willis[/B] (2-1-1) - Alfons Janssen (4-0) via KO Mark Morris (2-0) - [B]Takao Orihara[/B] (40-6-2) via KO [B]Doug Martin[/B] (3-0) - Chad Saffron (2-0) via split decision [B]Antoni Mora[/B] (12-4) - Brandon Sugar (7-2) via TKO [B]Salvatore Greco [/B](1-0) - Kenshiito Yamata (5-3) via TKO Derek South (1-0) - [B]Jadyn Chase[/B] (0-0) via TKO[/QUOTE] 4/10...but considering that all but two of these guys are totally unknown to everyone at this point, that's not bad. Thanks for reading.

[b][u]Tayron Willis suffers abdomen injury in last nights fight.[/u][/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/TayronWillis.gif[/img] Young WFRC star, Tayron Willis, suffered an injury in last nights fight. It was reported that he had "terrible abdominal pains" after his fight with Alfons Jenssen. Willis reportedly tore an abdominal muscle and is looking at somewhere from 1-2 months of recovery time.

[b][u]WFRC 2: Desert Destruction[/u][/b] WFRC just announced the matches for the upcoming Desert Destruction event. The even will be held in New Mexico later this month, and it was announced that it will include 10 fights. [b]Petey Mack vs. Doug Martin[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/MackvsMartin.jpg[/img] [b]Stratos Papaioannou vs. Mugur Boc[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/PapaioannouvsBoc.jpg[/img] [b]Lukas Mellberg vs. Will Kane[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/MellbergvsKane.jpg[/img] [b]Marcelo Oberto vs. Darin Blood[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/ObertovsBlood.jpg[/img] [b]Russell McPhee vs. Alfons Janssen[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/McPheevsJanssen.jpg[/img] [b]Gustavo Bautista vs. Truck Gleeson [/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/BautistavsGleeson.jpg[/img] [b]Dave Lennon vs. Jadyn Chase[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/LennonvsChase.jpg[/img] [b]Salvatore Greco vs. Chad Saffron[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/GrecovsSaffron.jpg[/img] [b]Kendall Tracey vs. Vadik Krupin[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/TraceyvsKrupin.jpg[/img] [b]Xie Ming vs. Pat Troy[/b] [img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%202/MingvsTroy.jpg[/img]

MMAOnline's predictions for WFRC 2: Desert Destruction [b]Petey Mack[/b] (6-1) - Doug Martin (4-0) via TKO Mack and Martin are evenly match in the stand up game, however, Petey Mack has a rather substantial advantage on the ground. If Mack can take the fight to the ground, he should come out with a win. [b]Stratos Papaioannou[/b] (20-4) - Mugur Boc (2-0) via TKO Boc can hang with Papaioannou in just about any situation, but he lacks the experience that Papaioannou possesses. This would be a huge win for Boc, but we just don't see it happening. [b]Lukas Mellberg[/b] (10-0) - Will Kane (7-0) via submission Both Mellberg and Kane come into tonight undefeated, but only one of them can leave that way. Mellberg seriously outclasses Kane on the ground, and Kane has a huge advantage standing up. Kane will have trouble keeping Mellberg from taking the fight to the ground though, and that will be his downfall, we see Lukas Mellberg submitting Will Kane in this one. Marcelo Oberto (8-3) - [b]Darin Blood[/b] (2-0) via KO The only advantage here is Blood's got moderately better stand up. If this fight goes down, it could be a stalemate, so look for Blood to avoid have the fight end up on the ground at all costs. We see Blood using his striking advantage to pick up a win over Oberto. Russell McPhee (3-0) - [b]Alfons Janssen[/b] (4-1) via KO Janssen has one punch/kick knock out power, and McPhee's chin is not the best in the business by his own admission. McPhee has a small advantage on the ground, so I think he's going to try to take the fight down, but Janssen is going to hit him hard and put him out. We see Janseen picking up a win here. Gustavo Bautista (12-3) - [b]Truck Gleeson[/b] (3-0) via decision Bautista has an experience advantage over Gleeson, but otherwise these fighters are pretty evenly matched. We see Bautista's lack of killer instinct to be the factor in this one, Gleeson is going to take more risks and thus score better with the judges. Bautista might be able to stay in this one if the fight goes to the ground, but even then it's a gamble for him, as Gleeson's only real weakness on the ground is his reckless abandon while throwing heavy punches. If Bautista get's hit he's done, if he's able to avoid the barrage he may be able to eek out a submission win. We still think it's going to the judges, and that Gleeson will win. Dave Lennon (6-1) - [b]Jadyn Chase[/b] (0-1) via KO Lennon and Chase are evenly matched when standing, but Chase is going to take him down and pound him out. Chase has some excellent ground and pound skills, and Lennon's got poor defense on his back. Salvatore Greco (1-1) - [b]Chad Saffron[/b] (2-1) via split decision Saffron has a 5 in. height advantage in this one, which means he's also got a hefty reach advantage. Saffron also has some killer stand up skills, so Greco may have a lot of trouble in this one. If Greco can get on the inside and take Saffron down where he has an undeniable advantage, he may have a chance. But, Saffron's world class kickboxing ability is going to make that a very tough thing to do. We see Saffron taking this fight. Kendall Tracey (4-0) - [b]Vadik Krupin[/b] (3-0-1) via KO Another huge height difference as Krupin is short and stocky, he's giving up 7" to Tracey. Krupin however has better hands, and a vastly superior ground game. We see Krupin overcoming the height advantage by taking Tracey down and pounding him to sleep. [b]Xie Ming[/b] (3-0) - Pat Troy (0-0) via TKO Xie Ming and Pay Troy are going to look to battle it out standing up, as neither of them possess enough of a ground game to finish a fight there. Ming has a clear cut advantage in the stand up game, so we're picking him to take the fight. QUICK PICKS: [QUOTE] [b]Petey Mack[/b] (6-1) - Doug Martin (4-0) via TKO [b]Stratos Papaioannou[/b] (20-4) - Mugur Boc (2-0) via TKO [b]Lukas Mellberg[/b] (10-0) - Will Kane (7-0) via submission Marcelo Oberto (8-3) - [b]Darin Blood[/b] (2-0) via KO Russell McPhee (3-0) - [b]Alfons Janssen[/b] (4-1) via KO Gustavo Bautista (12-3) - [b]Truck Gleeson[/b] (3-0) via decision Dave Lennon (6-1) - [b]Jadyn Chase[/b] (0-1) via KO Salvatore Greco (1-1) - [b]Chad Saffron[/b] (2-1) via split decision Kendall Tracey (4-0) - [b]Vadik Krupin[/b] (3-0-1) via KO [b]Xie Ming[/b] (3-0) - Pat Troy (0-0) via TKO [/QUOTE] Show will be posted around 9pm MST. Feel free to make your own predictions.

[b][u][center]WFRC 2: Desert Destruction[/b][/u][/center] [b]Xie Ming vs. Pat Troy[/b] [quote]Round 1 Troy tries to work an angle from the start, but is kept back by some sharp kicks, one landing painfully across the outside of the calf. Ming steps in and throws some punches, landing a crisp jab to the shoulder. Troy lands a jab of his own, but gets hit with a vicious waist-high kick when stepping in to follow up. Good tactics so far from Ming, he is basically controlling the tempo and positioning of this fight through intelligent use of sharp, accurate kicks. Troy comes in fast, faking left then going right, and gets close enough to throw some body blows. Ming gets in a right hand of his own, then a beauty of a high kick. It lands right on the ear, causing Troy to back off quickly. If that had had more power, it might well have scored a knock out. The round is almost over. Ming has controlled this one, Troy is finding it very difficult to find a way around those kicks. The 1st round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Ming. Round 2 Tentative circling to begin with. They meet in the center, but quickly fall into a clinch. Ming gets a nice shot in to the ribs. Troy gets a pair of punches to the side of the head, but they lacked power. The referee breaks them up eventually. Ming presses forward, flicking out straight rights. Troy leans in to throw a looping left hand. Ming avoids it, and it allows him to throw a powerful counter punch that catches Troy right above the ear. Great punch. Ming moves in and throws a devastating right hand. Troy just about manages to parry it, but it still caught him on the shoulder. Troy throws a right hand counter, but Ming swats it aside and lands a big left to the chest. Troy clinches up again. So far, Ming's power is allowing him to control this round, Troy is simply being out-gunned thus far. They end up next to the cage. Troy gets in a couple of nasty right hands to the chest. That's the first time this round that he looks to have actually hurt Ming. Ming pushes Troy up against the cage and unloads with three big right hands. One got through and caught Troy above the left eye, the other two hit home across the chest. Troy clinches up again to avoid getting obliterated, and the round ends before they are broken up. End of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Ming. All three judges give a score of 20-18 in favour of Xie Ming. [/quote] [b]Kendall Tracey vs. Vadik Krupin[/b] [quote]Round 1 V. Krupin and Tracey circle to start. Tracey throws a couple of looping punches, neither hitting, while V. Krupin sits back, waiting for an opportunity to attack. Tracey comes in closer, looking to unload with a right hand; that misses, and it allows V. Krupin to slip a nice jab in, catching Tracey just underneath the right eye. V. Krupin comes in and scores with a straight left, then bounces a right hand off the body. Tracey misses with a right cross, then backs off. V. Krupin stalks him, forcing Tracey back up against the cage. V. Krupin doesn't rush in, instead standing back and throwing the occasional punch. Tracey throws a big left hand in response, but it misses by quite a margin. V. Krupin pounces, hitting lefts and rights. Tracey covers up from the first two punches, then clinches up to prevent any more coming in. They're up against the cage, V. Krupin in the dominant position. They remain that way as the time ticks down. V. Krupin throws the occasional knee, but can't really do much with his arms tied up like that. The referee finally tells them to break, and they return to the center. That clinch ate up a lot of time though. Tracey comes in hard and fast, bobbing and weaving, and throws a couple of big shots. V. Krupin parries them with his gloves and scores with a well-executed counter punch, hitting just above the eye. They come in close again, throwing punches, but wind up clinched again. The time expires with them like that, and that round will definitely go down in V. Krupin's favour. The round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to V. Krupin by 10-9. Round 2 Tracey hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces V. Krupin to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Tracey hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. V. Krupin tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Tracey having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from V. Krupin. Tracey is bobbing and weaving, trying to find an angle of attack. Jabs and an occasional low kick from V. Krupin are making that hard though. A crisp right hand from Tracey stings the gloves of V. Krupin, and he follows up with a kick that crashed into the ribs. That really connected, great strike. Tracey looks to be growing in confidence, and comes in again, using the right hand lead once more. V. Krupin was ready though, and fires off a high kick. It connects with the side of the jaw, Tracey did not see that one coming! He staggers and falls to the floor, totally unbalanced. V. Krupin is right in there; hammer fist to the side of the head, and another! There's a third. Tracey is in big trouble. Vicious punch. The referee leaps in, that is all she wrote! That kick caught Tracey out, and from there onwards there was only going to be one outcome. V. Krupin wins via TKO at 7:35 of the second round. [/quote] [b] Salvatore Greco vs. Chad Saffron[/b] [quote]Round 1 C. Saffron isn't hanging around, right from the start Sal Greco is forced onto the back foot by four hard shots, although none of them get through the gloves. Sal Greco circles, steps in, then unloads a combination of punches, but C. Saffron weaves out of the way and scores with a beauty of a right hand, glancing above the right eye. That was some lovely counter punching from C. Saffron, the timing had to be perfect and it was. Sal Greco is looking a bit frustrated, and uncorks a ragged-looking uppercut that missed by several inches. C. Saffron really should have taken advantage of that mistake, Sal Greco was wide open for a moment there. C. Saffron hits a high kick, catching Sal Greco on the shoulder. Jab from Sal Greco finds the mark, but it didn't have much power behind it as he was leaning backward too much. C. Saffron fires off a couple of straight punches in response, but only finds gloves. They clinch, and the fight enters a lull. Sal Greco scores with a knee from the clinch, it landed around the hip area of C. Saffron, who responds with a couple of shots to the ribs. The time runs out with them still clinched though. End of round 1. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 C. Saffron. Round 2 Sal Greco hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces C. Saffron to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Sal Greco hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. C. Saffron tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Sal Greco having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from C. Saffron. C. Saffron gets caught with a solid right hand out of nowhere, and is rocked. Sal Greco follows up with another one, and C. Saffron looks in trouble all of a sudden. He is backed up against the cage and Sal Greco is unloading. The punches are raining down, C. Saffron is covering up. The referee has seen enough and stops the fight, clearly feeling that C. Saffron was unable to defend himself intelligently. Sal Greco wins. Official time of the TKO is 3:28 of the second round. [/quote] [b] Dave Lennon vs. Jadyn Chase[/b] [quote]Round 1 J. Chase starts with a high kick, but Lennon was well out of range. J. Chase glances at the referee, not sure why. J. Chase steps in and exchanges strikes with Lennon, neither fighter gets a particular advantage from it. Lennon parries away a nice right hand and gets in a crisp counter punch that catches J. Chase on the shoulder. The round has been a little flat so far, neither of them is really forcing the issue. They enter into a clinch, which doesn't help matters, and that seems to last for an eternity before the referee separates them and tells them to get on with it. J. Chase finally shows some fire, putting together a combination of two jabs, a cross, and an uppercut. Lennon did well to defend it, bobbing and weaving out of the way and using his gloves to parry away anything that was too close. He uses a low kick to the thigh as a response, then steps in and unloads with two fine punches, although J. Chase blocked them. J. Chase scores the best punch of the round so far, coming in fast, ducking under a dangerous right hand, and catching Lennon square in the face with a lunging overhand right. Lennon backs off and covers up, clearly having felt that one, and unfortunately J. Chase's attempts to follow up and thwarted as he gets tied up in a clinch near the cage. The time expires, with J. Chase probably having stolen that round thanks to that one big punch. The round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to J. Chase by 10-9. Round 2 The two fighters touch gloves as the round begins. Lennon starts brightly, throwing out a series of jabs and raking punches, but J. Chase is too light on his feet and avoids all of them. J. Chase steps in and hits a lovely overhand right, then a low kick to the outside of the thigh. Lennon throws a vicious right cross, but J. Chase goes under it and catches Lennon with a scathing left hand to the gut. The next few minutes follow a very similar pattern; J. Chase using his excellent movement to 'hit and run', coming in from a variety of angles to score with crisp punches, dodging out of the way of Lennon's counters. Lennon is being made to look sluggish by comparison, and the amount of punches that J. Chase has landed in comparison to him is becoming huge. None of them have been particularly big punches, certainly nothing likely to end a fight, but the sheer number of them must be hurting Lennon. Lennon finally hits a meaningful blow, catching J. Chase coming in with a low kick. J. Chase still gets a crisp jab in though, and is back out of range before Lennon can apply a second strike. The round comes to an end with J. Chase having dominated. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 J. Chase. The official scores are: 20-18 from all three judges for Jadyn Chase. [/quote] [b]Gustavo Bautista vs. Truck Gleeson[/b] [quote]Round 1 Bautista starts the round like a house on fire, hitting three quick jabs and a vicious right hook. Gleeson covered up well, but at least one of the jabs got through and landed above the left eye. Gleeson backs up to buy some time, but Bautista keeps coming and lands a right hand to the body. Gleeson scores with a jab in return, then goes with a kick to the waist. Bautista catches the leg though and quickly rushes forward with a takedown. Gleeson pulls guard. Gleeson is forced into defending an attempted armbar straight away, although in truth Bautista was leaning into it and really didn't have the leverage to apply it, he would need to get past the guard to really make that a dangerous tactic. Speaking of which, Bautista does try to pass guard, but Gleeson keeps him tightly caught up in the guard. Bautista shuffles them all the way over to the cage, so that he can get instructions from the corner. A couple of punches come raining down, but Gleeson covers up nicely. Gleeson tries to generate some attacking threat of his own, reaching up and trying to secure a guillotine, but Bautista pops his head out quite easily. Gleeson drags him down into a clinch, and they remain that way for a while, with Bautista throwing the occasional punch to the ribs, Gleeson throwing them to the back. Bautista breaks free and quickly tries to pass guard, getting as far as half guard. He tries to secure an armbar, but Gleeson brings his legs in to defend it. Bautista stands, still holding the arm, and ends up almost sitting on top of a balled-up Gleeson. He can't do a great deal from that position, although Gleeson will have found it hard to breathe, and the time expires without any more noteworthy strikes hitting. End of round 1. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Bautista. Round 2 Bautista hits the first punch of the round, scoring with a jab to the cheek. Gleeson throws a left hook in response, but it's well wide of the mark. Bautista steps in and hits a low kick. Gleeson ignores it and shoots in for a takedown. Bautista saw it coming though, and defends it brilliantly, sprawling at first, then pushing Gleeson face-down to the ground so that he can take his back. Gleeson turtles up. Bautista hits a couple of hard shots to the body, but can't stop Gleeson working his way up and turning over, pulling guard. Bautista rains down three big punches, Gleeson covers up and doesn't take too much damage. Bautista works one leg free, but Gleeson has the other tightly wrapped up between his own. Bautista fires off three rapid-fire elbows to the ribs to try and soften Gleeson up, but can't get the leg free. This is not a good position for Gleeson though, and Bautista is looking dangerous. Bautista pushes down, then brings his free leg forward to drive a knee into the lower back. Gleeson can't do a lot to stop that strike. Bautista hits a further knee, and that is enough to allow him to move into side control. Gleeson is in huge trouble here. Elbow to the face, only partially blocked. Bautista briefly gets a forearm across the throat of Gleeson, but it is knocked away before it can develop into a choke. Gleeson tries to scramble out of it, and almost manages to pull guard again, but Bautista maintains side control. Knee to the ribs again. Gleeson is taking a lot of punishment from those knee strikes. Bautista switches tactic and tries to grab an arm lock of some kind, Gleeson almost got caught by surprise but not quite. The round is almost over, and there is no question that this round has gone to Bautista, it has been utter dominance. Gleeson tries to get a knee strike of his own in, but it misses and Bautista responds with a hard elbow to the chest. That'll be the last action of the round. The 2nd round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to Bautista by 10-9. The official scores are: 20-18 (twice), 21-17 for Gustavo Bautista. [/quote] [b]Russell McPhee vs. Alfons Janssen[/b] [quote]Round 1 A. Janssen gets caught with a solid right hand out of nowhere, and is rocked. McPhee follows up with another one, and A. Janssen looks in trouble all of a sudden. He is backed up against the cage and McPhee is unloading. The punches are raining down, A. Janssen is covering up. The referee has seen enough and stops the fight, clearly feeling that A. Janssen was unable to defend himself intelligently. McPhee wins. The official time of the TKO is 0:36 of round 1. [/quote] [b]Marcelo Oberto vs. Darin Blood[/b] [quote]Round 1 The two fighters touch gloves as the round begins. Oberto starts brightly, throwing out a series of jabs and raking punches, but Blood is too light on his feet and avoids all of them. Blood steps in and hits a lovely overhand right, then a low kick to the outside of the thigh. Oberto throws a vicious right cross, but Blood goes under it and catches Oberto with a scathing left hand to the gut. The next few minutes follow a very similar pattern; Blood using his excellent movement to 'hit and run', coming in from a variety of angles to score with crisp punches, dodging out of the way of Oberto's counters. Oberto is being made to look sluggish by comparison, and the amount of punches that Blood has landed in comparison to him is becoming huge. None of them have been particularly big punches, certainly nothing likely to end a fight, but the sheer number of them must be hurting Oberto. Oberto finally hits a meaningful blow, catching Blood coming in with a low kick. Blood still gets a crisp jab in though, and is back out of range before Oberto can apply a second strike. The round comes to an end with Blood having dominated. End of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Blood. Round 2 Exchange of punches to start, nothing really hit though. They go into a clinch, and the pace disappears as both fighters try and get the advantage. Eventually the referee separates them. Jab from Blood, who then has to react quickly to avoid a right hook that was aimed right at the chin. Blood puts on a burst of energy and fires off a big sequence of punches, maybe twelve or thirteen in a row, although not many actually connected. Oberto covered up well, and gets in a couple of shots of his own before moving out of range again. Other than a few half-hearted jabs, there's been a definite lull over the past minute. Low kick from Oberto, almost to the groin, although it didn't look intentional. They come together in a clinch again, and it returns to a stalemate. Not a great round by anyone's standard, but that flurry should mean that Blood will take the round on points. End of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Blood. Darin Blood wins the match, getting a score of 20-18 from all three judges. [/quote] [b]Lukas Mellberg vs. Will Kane[/b] [quote]Round 1 Slow start to the round, they're both circling, looking for an opening. Kane tries a looping punch from way back, but Mellberg side steps with ease. Jab from Mellberg, gets one back in response. Kane comes in, looking for the right hand lead, but Mellberg shoots in and uses a double-leg takedown. He winds up in a closed guard. Mellberg tries to pass guard, but Kane doesn't allow it. Kane throws a couple of punches, but they're parried away. He breaks his guard to bring a leg across and try to kick Mellberg in the face, but it's a mistake as Mellberg pushes the leg aside and gets side control. Mellberg pushes them closer to the cage, near his own corner so that they can give him instructions. Following what they say, Mellberg throws some heavy blows to the unprotected stomach of Kane, then tries to isolate the closest arm. Kane frantically tries to stop that happening, but does indeed give it up. He does manage to roll to the side, giving himself some good leverage and preventing Mellberg from extending the arm. Mellberg continues trying to apply an armbar, but Kane is not allowing it. Eventually Mellberg turns and tries to get a crucifix position instead. Kane fights that off too. The round ends with Mellberg still doggedly trying to get an armbar submission, and Kane tenaciously stopping it. The round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Mellberg. Round 2 Tentative start, neither fighter is willing to commit yet. Mellberg fires off a jab, but it was easily blocked. Kane fakes a kick, then comes in hard and fast with a takedown, sending Mellberg to the floor. The momentum causes Kane to almost go completely over the top though, and Mellberg is able to flip him to the side and end up on top, in the guard position. Kane tries to push free, but Mellberg forces him to go back to guard by raining down some jabs. Mellberg reaches over and tries to apply some sort of neck vice, but Kane breaks it by bringing his arms up. Mellberg steps through in an effort to mount Kane, but can only get to half guard as one of his legs gets trapped. Mellberg throws some strikes, then tries to work an armbar on the closest arm. Kane rolls over and uses his free arm to keep that from happening. That goes on for quite a long time, with Mellberg determined to try and work the arm free and get an armbar, while Kane uses everything at his disposal to block it. The round ends without Mellberg having made the breakthrough, although he clearly ran away with the round in terms of points. The second round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Mellberg. The official scores are: 20-18 (twice), 21-17 for Lukas Mellberg. [/quote] [b]Stratos Papaioannou vs. Mugur Boc[/b] [quote]Round 1 Boc isn't hanging around, right from the start Papaioannou is forced onto the back foot by four hard shots, although none of them get through the gloves. Papaioannou circles, steps in, then unloads a combination of punches, but Boc weaves out of the way and scores with a beauty of a right hand, glancing above the right eye. That was some lovely counter punching from Boc, the timing had to be perfect and it was. Papaioannou is looking a bit frustrated, and uncorks a ragged-looking uppercut that missed by several inches. Boc really should have taken advantage of that mistake, Papaioannou was wide open for a moment there. Boc hits a high kick, catching Papaioannou on the shoulder. Jab from Papaioannou finds the mark, but it didn't have much power behind it as he was leaning backward too much. Boc fires off a couple of straight punches in response, but only finds gloves. They clinch, and the fight enters a lull. Papaioannou scores with a knee from the clinch, it landed around the hip area of Boc, who responds with a couple of shots to the ribs. The time runs out with them still clinched though. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Boc. Round 2 The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from Papaioannou forces Boc back up against the cage, and he has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but Papaioannou is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and Boc clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, Boc gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. Papaioannou seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's Boc who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that Papaioannou had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. Boc fires off three straight jabs, none of which connect. Papaioannou is forced up with his back against the cage though. He clearly doesn't like the thought of being trapped there for any length of time though, as he quickly comes forward with a barrage of wild punches. Boc bobs and weaves to avoid them, but is literally bundled over in the process. There wasn't really any punch that put him down, it was simply the fact that Papaioannou was advancing at a faster rate than he could back-pedal! Papaioannou follows up with Boc down on his back. Boc covers up, but Papaioannou is raining down punches from the half mount position. At least two hard shots get through. Papaioannou moves up into side control, briefly looks like he is considering trying to take an arm, then goes back to teeing off on Boc's head with fists. Boc tries to wriggle free, but isn't really getting anywhere because Papaioannou is lying right across his upper body. Papaioannou uses his legs to ensnare Boc's right arm, and then starts firing off more and more punches. With only his left hand to try and block them, Boc is taking more punches than he is blocking. The referee is looking very closely at this, unless Boc does something dramatic pretty soon, I doubt this will go much longer. Papaioannou stops to take a deep breath, then starts firing off another barrage. Boc takes at least three hard shots to the face during the attack, and that's enough for the referee, he calls an end to the match. Papaioannou wins via second round TKO at 4:24. [/quote] [b]Petey Mack vs. Doug Martin[/b] [quote]Round 1 Mack is the first to score a meaningful blow, tagging D. Martin with a jab to the cheek. D. Martin uses a nice straight left to return fire. Mack comes in to work the body, but D. Martin saw it coming and uses a quick takedown to put Mack onto the floor, falling into guard. D. Martin almost gets caught in a surprise armbar, leaving his arm in for far too long after a punch. Mack tries to twist it while wrapping his legs around it, but D. Martin pulls free, and it allows him an opportunity to get side control due to Mack's legs being out of position. He lies across Mack's chest. Mack has locked up D. Martin's right shoulder well, it's preventing him from doing much. D. Martin drives a knee into the ribs, but can't generate much force. D. Martin tries to spin around and get into north and south position, but Mack blocks it by tenaciously holding onto the right arm. D. Martin uses his legs to break Mack's arms apart and trap the right one. It's a semi-crucifix position, Mack is quite exposed. Fortunately for him then time expires before D. Martin can turn it into a better attacking opportunity. End of round 1. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for D. Martin. Round 2 D. Martin throws a low kick early on, although it missed. Mack flicks out a couple of jabs, trying to work an angle. He steps in to throw a body shot but gets caught with a left hook. Mack stumbles backwards, falling on his ass, stunned. D. Martin charges in and throws a knock out powered right hand, but Mack parries it and brings his legs around D. Martin's waist to pull guard. D. Martin tries to move quickly into side control, but Mack isn't letting that happen. Mack reaches up and tries to grab an arm, but takes a right hand to the cheek in response. D. Martin tries to power him way through, raining down four or five hammer fists, but Mack covered up well. D. Martin pushes a leg down and moves to the side, but Mack spins out. D. Martin moves with him though and gets his back! No, Mack scrambled like crazy and manages to turn right back over and pull guard again. That was an exciting sequence though, and the fans enjoyed it. D. Martin won't be pleased that he had both side control and the back, but didn't hold onto either for more than a few seconds. The fight unfortunately enters a lull, as D. Martin punctuates unsuccessful attempts to pass guard with easily defended jabs. The referee eventually gets them back up to their feet due to inactivity. Not much time left in the round though. Mack will need to do something a bit special to avoid losing the round on points. He tries just that, throwing a big right hand and a high kick, but D. Martin backs off, safe in the knowledge that he has won this round. The time expires. The round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to D. Martin. All three judges give a score of 20-18 to Doug Martin. [/quote]

[b]Matches announced for WFRC 3. Plus special TV episode "Fighting Road TV"[/b] WFRC has announced a prime time TV special, "Fighting Road TV" to air Friday night at 8pm. The event will be free and will feature 6 fights. [b]WFRC Fighting Road TV:[/b] Brandon Sugar vs. Pat Troy Arjen Van Den Lyene vs. Mohammad El Yaaggoudi Yuichi Fujita vs. Ken****o Yamata Xie Ming vs. Hirooki Abe Shane Gilchrist vs. Derek South Tayron Willis vs. Claudio Burdisso Several of these fights are seen as warmup fights for the fighers as they are also set to compete in WFRC 3: Fallout, later in the month. Fallout will feature 10 fights and will be seen live on PPV. [b]WFRC 3: Fallout[/b] Doug Martin vs. Virato Belo for the WFRC Middleweight Title: [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/MartinvsBelo.jpg[/img][/quote] Lukas Mellberg vs. Xie Ming [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/MellbergvsMing.jpg[/img][/quote] Derek South vs. Tayron Willis [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/SouthvsWillis.jpg[/img][/quote] Gustavo Bautista vs. Darin Blood [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/BautistavsBlood.jpg[/img][/quote] Katherine Williams vs. Layla Holmes [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/WilliamsvsHolmes.jpg[/img][/quote] Luke Hilton vs. Antoni Mora [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/HiltonvsMora.jpg[/img][/quote] Shane Gilchrist vs. Russell McPhee [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/GilchristvsMcPhee.jpg[/img][/quote] Petey Mack vs. Ken****o Yamata [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/MackvsYamata.jpg[/img][/quote] Will Kane vs. Augustin Gonzalez [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/KanevsGonzalez.jpg[/img][/quote] Jennie Gill vs. Thea Higgins [quote][img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/Event%20Slides/WFRC%203/GillvsHiggins.jpg[/img][/quote]

[B][U]WFRC Fighting Road TV[/U][/B] [B]Brandon Sugar vs. Pat Troy[/B] [QUOTE]Round 1 Troy hits the first punch of the round, scoring with a jab to the cheek. Sugar throws a left hook in response, but it's well wide of the mark. Troy steps in and hits a low kick. Sugar ignores it and shoots in for a takedown. Troy saw it coming though, and defends it brilliantly, sprawling at first, then pushing Sugar face-down to the ground so that he can take his back. Sugar turtles up. Troy hits a couple of hard shots to the body, but can't stop Sugar working his way up and turning over, pulling guard. Troy tries to grab an arm to work a submission, but Sugar is defending it well by using short, sharp strikes to keep him back. Troy tries to pass the guard, but has no luck. A punch from Troy connects, but there was no real power behind it. Troy fakes Sugar out cleverly, and slips to a half mount. Sugar manages to hit a firm elbow, then is forced to defend the full mount attempt. Troy switches tactics and tries to work a kimura on the other arm, but Sugar blocks it, squirms his leg free, and secures the guard again. Troy looks frustrated at losing the half mount after having worked so hard to get it in the first place. Sugar is liable to lose the round on points, but he has done a fine job of defending the submissions attempts so far. Troy tries to secure a leglock, but the guard is tight and Sugar is safe. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Troy by 10-9. Round 2 Sugar doesn't hold back, starting by immediately shooting in for a takedown. Troy sprawls and keeps him at bay. Sugar pushes harder, but Troy has the much better position and manages to flip him over, putting Sugar on his back. Troy gets sucked into his guard though. Troy stands into a half-crouching position, dragging Sugar's guard with him. Sugar reaches up, parries away a couple of strikes, and tries to grab an arm to apply an armbar to. Troy knocks the attempt away and nails a hard shot to the ribs before reaching over and trying to nail a downward punch to the chin. Sugar blocks it. Troy floats over and gets into side control. Sugar scrambles to try and get back up, but is too close to the cage, which works against him. Troy lays in a couple of punches to the chest to soften Sugar up, then tries to move up and isolate one of the arms. Sugar makes sure to bring his body around to give him as much protection as possible. It works, as Troy can't get either arm isolated properly. Troy changes tactics and tries to get into crucifix position. Sugar fights it for as long as he possibly can, but eventually gets caught. The length of struggle is, in itself, a good defence though, as the round ends before Troy can do anything with the position he has achieved, which will frustrate him enormously. End of round 2. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Troy. All three judges give a score of 20-18 to Pat Troy. [/QUOTE] [B]Arjen Van Den Lyene vs. Mohammad El Yaaggoudi[/B] [QUOTE]Round 1 The two fighters circle. El Yaaggoudi flicks out a couple of jabs, then an unconventinal looping right hand. Van Den Leyne easily side-steps it, but trips and falls to the ground! He is up quickly, before El Yaaggoudi could get in. Replays confirm that it was purely a stumble, the punch was well wide of the mark. Van Den Leyne moves in, ducks under a big right hand, and gets two crisp jabs in before getting smothered into a clinch. One of those jabs landed hard, El Yaaggoudi is a little rattled. They struggle in the clinch, both throwing small punches to the back and ribs. The referee separates them. El Yaaggoudi forces Van Den Leyne back up against the cage, and starts throwing jabs. He looks to be keeping Van Den Leyne in position, waiting to unload a big punch. El Yaaggoudi does, lunging in with a huge right cross, but Van Den Leyne saw it coming and goes underneath it, scoring with a right hand to the gut on the way past. El Yaaggoudi turns and tries to follow up immediately, but gets tagged with a wicked left hook that drops him to one knee. El Yaaggoudi is up quickly, causing Van Den Leyne, who was about to dive in, to back off. Replays show that the punch connected, but El Yaaggoudi was already going downward to duck the punch, so it wasn't as powerful as first thought. El Yaaggoudi throws a high kick, but it doesn't do anything but cause Van Den Leyne to step back. The time expires without anything further of note happening. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Van Den Leyne. Round 2 The round starts slowly, with both fighters circling, tentatively throwing out the occasional jab. El Yaaggoudi is the first to make a positive move, stepping in to throw a right hand, although he probably wishes that he hadn't, as Van Den Leyne picks him off with a crisp jab to the cheek. El Yaaggoudi throws a wild punch as a counter, but Van Den Leyne ducks and backs off out of range. They meet again in the center for an exchange of punches. El Yaaggoudi gets a clubbing blow to the side of the head in, but takes a hard shot to the stomach in return. The early pattern seems to be that El Yaaggoudi is looking for big punches, Van Den Leyne is happy to avoid them and use quick counter punches instead. They clinch up, and El Yaaggoudi manages to back Van Den Leyne up against the cage. El Yaaggoudi takes a half step backward and throws a big right hand to the head, but Van Den Leyne ducks under at the last second, scores with a pair of punches to the gut, then darts out of trouble before El Yaaggoudi can unload. El Yaaggoudi may need to think about changing tactics, Van Den Leyne is looking far sharper in these striking battles, and is beginning to control the pace and tempo of the round. El Yaaggoudi fakes a right hand, then shoots out a low kick, catching Van Den Leyne on the thigh. Van Den Leyne presses forward for the first time, getting in close and using a couple of jabs to the body. El Yaaggoudi gets a nice left hook in, glancing off the gloves, and then clinches up. Time ticks away and the round ends just a few seconds after the referee separates them. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Van Den Leyne. All three judges give a score of 20-18 in favour of Arjen Van Den Leyne. [/QUOTE] [B]Yuichi Fujita vs. Ken****o Yamata[/B] [QUOTE]Round 1 Y. Fujita starts the round by throwing some low kicks. K. Yamata checks them, then comes in and clearly wants to trade punches. Y. Fujita doesn't seem too bothered by that, and they enter into the first exchange of punches of the round. Difficult to say who came out on top, neither of them did a great deal of damage, most of the shots hit the opponent's gloves. Y. Fujita cleverly head-fakes, allowing him the time and angle that he needed to catch K. Yamata with a beauty of a right hook. K. Yamata stumbles backward, but doesn't go down. Y. Fujita presses the advantage by following in with a kick, then a right hand. K. Yamata clinches. They remain clinched for a while. K. Yamata scores with a nice knee, it appeared to catch Y. Fujita in the gut. Y. Fujita uses a single leg trip and takes the fight to the ground. Y. Fujita gets to side control upon impact, and immediately goes for an armbar. K. Yamata reacts quickly, but is in real danger. Y. Fujita has his left arm straightened out, fortunately K. Yamata has managed to roll and get a good position that is stopping Y. Fujita from getting the leverage needed to apply an armlock. Y. Fujita tries to step over and fully apply it, but K. Yamata breaks free and gets him to back off with a couple of up-kicks. Y. Fujita steps back and motions for him to stand up. They go back to circling in the center. K. Yamata hits a nice right hand, but takes one back too. The time runs down; Y. Fujita will probably get that round on points, he hit the best punch of the round, and got the only takedown, plus was the one who was working toward a submission. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Y. Fujita. Round 2 Y. Fujita hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces K. Yamata to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Y. Fujita hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. K. Yamata tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Y. Fujita having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from K. Yamata. K. Yamata hits a right hand above Y. Fujita's right eye, but gets clinched up before he can do anything further. Y. Fujita forces him back against the cage. They struggle, with K. Yamata keeping the takedown from happening by pulling away from every trip attempt. Y. Fujita pushes K. Yamata into the cage, then sweeps the legs quickly. K. Yamata couldn't get out of the way that time, and goes down. He pulls guard. Y. Fujita drops a bomb of a right hand, smashing into the hands of K. Yamata and forcing them back into his face. Another right hand finds its way through, landing right above the eye, stunning K. Yamata. With his opponent's wits scrambled, Y. Fujita moves from the guard into a mount with ease, and starts unloading with rights and lefts. K. Yamata tries to cover up, but is getting decimated, and the referee is forced to come in and pull Y. Fujita off, signalling the win. Official time of the TKO is 4:32 of the second. [/QUOTE] [B]Xie Ming vs. Hirooki Abe[/B] [QUOTE]Round 1 Ming starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by H. Abe. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. H. Abe goes for a single leg and puts Ming on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing H. Abe from getting on top. Ming definitely seems to want to keep this standing. H. Abe hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down Ming again. This time Ming isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, H. Abe will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but Ming defends. H. Abe tries to slip past to get side control, but Ming just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and H. Abe has the side. Two big elbows land, and Ming seems in trouble. H. Abe goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to H. Abe by 10-9. Round 2 H. Abe throws two high punches, then steps in for a hook to the body. Nice combination, but Ming defended with ease. They clinch up next to the cage, but a short struggle only ends with them separating and coming back in. Ming throws a stinging jab, landing just above the left eye. H. Abe steps in and fires off one of his own, but Ming bobs out of the way and scores with a pair of solid shots to the body. H. Abe turns and swings, just as Ming also unloads...and it's Ming who connects first! H. Abe's hands drop and he is on rubbery legs. Ming follows up with a beauty of a right hand, and that drops H. Abe. The referee doesn't even wait for Ming to dive in to finish, he's seen enough, H. Abe is clearly on Dream Street. This bout is over! Ming wins via TKO at 1:23 of the second round. [/QUOTE] [B]Hype for WFRC 3: Fallout, which includes the following fights;[/B] Doug Martin (5-0) vs. Viriato Belo (2-0) for the WFRC Middleweight Title Lukas Mellberg (11-0) vs. Xie Ming (5-0) Derek South (2-1) vs. Tayron Willis (3-2-1) Gustavo Bautista (13-3) vs. Darin Blood (3-0) Katherine Williams (13-4) vs. Layla Holmes (10-4) Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. Antoni Mora (13-4) Shane Gilchrist (12-3) vs. Russell McPhee (4-0) Petey Mack (6-2) vs. Ken****o Yamata (6-4) Will Kane (7-1) vs. Augustin Gonzalez (3-0) Jennie Gill (4-0-1) vs. Thea Higgins (2-0) [B]Shane Gilchrist vs. Derek South[/B] [QUOTE]Round 1 South comes out quick and immediately starts pressing Gilchrist back toward the cage. South tries to use the position to his advantage, pinning Gilchrist in to prevent him from moving freely, but the exchange of punches that follows is clearly won by Gilchrist, who catches South with a wicked right cross during the flurry of blows. South tries again, but Gilchrist is looking sharp and parries away any dangerous shot, getting in a few crisp jabs of his own along the way. South finally backs off, realising that this isn't working. Gilchrist is showing superior ability with his hands, they're fast and accurate, South isn't able to cope with them at close quarters, being made to look slow and ragged in comparison. South switches to using raking right hands and looping punches, keeping Gilchrist back, but its effectiveness is limited as South's punches are easily parried away, and Gilchrist can still hit the occasional right hand. The round ends with that being the pattern. Gilchrist has used his better punching technique and hand speed to confound South, and has controlled this round almost entirely. The round is over. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Gilchrist. Round 2 The round starts slowly, with both fighters circling, tentatively throwing out the occasional jab. South is the first to make a positive move, stepping in to throw a right hand, although he probably wishes that he hadn't, as Gilchrist picks him off with a crisp jab to the cheek. South throws a wild punch as a counter, but Gilchrist ducks and backs off out of range. They meet again in the center for an exchange of punches. South gets a clubbing blow to the side of the head in, but takes a hard shot to the stomach in return. The early pattern seems to be that South is looking for big punches, Gilchrist is happy to avoid them and use quick counter punches instead. They clinch up, and South manages to back Gilchrist up against the cage. South takes a half step backward and throws a big right hand to the head, but Gilchrist ducks under at the last second, scores with a pair of punches to the gut, then darts out of trouble before South can unload. South may need to think about changing tactics, Gilchrist is looking far sharper in these striking battles, and is beginning to control the pace and tempo of the round. South fakes a right hand, then shoots out a low kick, catching Gilchrist on the thigh. Gilchrist presses forward for the first time, getting in close and using a couple of jabs to the body. South gets a nice left hook in, glancing off the gloves, and then clinches up. Time ticks away and the round ends just a few seconds after the referee separates them. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Gilchrist. The official scores are in; two judges give 20-18, the other 21-17, all for Shane Gilchrist. [/QUOTE] [B]Tayron Willis vs. Claudio Burdisso[/B] [QUOTE]Round 1 Slow start to the round, T. Willis is circling while Burdisso seems content to just throw the occasional looping punch to cause him to back up. T. Willis steps in and fires off two jabs, neither connecting, then has to almost throw himself to one side to avoid a devastating looking punch! Burdisso was clearly looking for the highlight reel K.O. punch, had that connected there is no way that T. Willis was getting back up. There's a warning to T. Willis, he must now know, if he didn't already, that Burdisso has knock out intentions tonight. T. Willis throws a right hand, then backs up sharply, clearly not loving the idea of getting too close. Burdisso still looks calm, throwing the occasional jab or two to keep T. Willis off balance. T. Willis makes Burdisso back up against the cage by throwing some looping punches. He comes in closer and hits a right hook to the body, getting a jab to the cheek in return. T. Willis throws another two punches, both to the body, then steps back to avoid an uppercut. Burdisso lets fly with a scorching punch though, and it catches T. Willis by surprise, putting him down! Burdisso follows up and starts raining down right hands. T. Willis covers up as best he can, but it's not enough as the referee pulls Burdisso off, the match is over. The official time of the TKO is 6:16 of round 1.[/QUOTE]

[b]MMAOnline Predictions for WFRC 3: Fallout[/b] Doug Martin (5-0) vs. [b]Viriato Belo (2-0)[/b] for the WFRC Middleweight Title Belo is better all around, he's got excellent striking and his ground game is second to none. Martin has been on a very successful roll lately, but we don't think it's going to be enough to get him past Belo's considerable skill advantage. Belo wins this one by TKO. [b] Lukas Mellberg (11-0)[/b] vs. Xie Ming (5-0) Mellberg is the key to this one. He's on par with Xie Ming if they decide to stand and strike, and he could come out with a victory that way. However, Xie Ming could just as easily get the win. Mellberg however is better on the ground, so look for Mellberg to try to ground Ming, and finish him with a submission. Mellberg shouldn't have too much trouble if he executes that game plan, Mellberg takes the fight with a submission. Derek South (2-1) vs. [b]Tayron Willis (3-2-1[/b]) South and Willis are pretty even in terms of experience and talent. However, if either fighter had to be given a nod, Willis has slightly better stand up. This fight is going to be a stand up war, and we see it going the distance. Willis will have the better night, and pick up a judge's decision. Gustavo Bautista (13-3) vs. [b]Darin Blood (3-0)[/b] Both fighters come into this fight on winning streaks, and Blood is undefeated in his MMA career. Both fighters have a lot at stake here, as either of these guys could be next in line for a lightweight title match against Gregor Popov. Blood has an advantage on the ground, so I think Bautista's going to try to stay on his feet and try to brawl with Blood. Blood will eventually get the fight on the ground and pick up a TKO win. [b] Katherine Williams (13-4)[/b] vs. Layla Holmes (10-4) Williams and Holmes are so evenly matched, that it's impossible to really pick a winner. Williams' slight experience advantage is going to pick her up a victory tonight, but this fight really could go either way. Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. [b]Antoni Mora (13-4)[/b] Another evenly matched fight, but Mora has a huge experience advantage this time. The fight could end either on the ground or standing as both fighters have the ability to end it either place. Mora will come out with a win due to his superior fight experience via TKO. [b] Shane Gilchrist (12-3) [/b]vs. Russell McPhee (4-0) Gilchrist is better all around in this fight, and McPhee is really going to struggle here. He's simply outclassed in every way. Gilchrist is going to win the fight, unless McPhee gets real lucky. [b]Petey Mack (6-2)[/b] vs. Ken****o Yamata (6-4) Yamata is giving up 7” to Mack and is also at a disadvantage both on his feet and on the ground. Mack is going to come out on top in a pretty one sided fight here. [b]Will Kane (7-1)[/b] vs. Augustin Gonzalez (3-0) Another evenly matched fight. Gonzalez has slightly better conditioning, but Kane has a bit more experience, and a slight advantage in hand speed and power. Kane should take this fight if it stays standing, but Gonzalez has top notch wrestling skills, and will win if it goes to the ground. Kane should manage to pull off a victory if he can avoid the takedown. [b] Jennie Gill (4-0-1)[/b] vs. Thea Higgins (2-0) Higgins is a bit shorter, and really only has an advantage when it comes to taking the fight to the ground. However, once the fight gets there, Gill has a slight advantage. Gill should be the future of the WFRC Women's division and Higgins isn't going to offer enough resistance to slow Gill down. Jennie Gill will win this fight via TKO.

[CENTER][B][U]WFRC 3: Fallout[/U][/B][/CENTER] [b]Jennie Gill vs. Thea Higgins[/b] [quote]Round 1 The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from Gill forces Higgins back up against the cage, and she has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but Gill is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and Higgins clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, Higgins gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. Gill seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's Higgins who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that Gill had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. Gill leads with a right hand, then delivers a brutal uppercut, Higgins had to step back quickly to avoid getting caught. She winds up back against the cage, and Gill doesn't relent, moving in fast to unload with a series of jabs. Higgins got some of her own in, but the upper hand is definitely with Gill. Vicious right hand! Out of nowhere, it caught Higgins flush in the face, and she slumps down against the cage. Gill follows up with more punches, and the referee dives in to break it up. It's all over. Higgins wasn't knocked out, but that one punch was a beauty, and it stopped her getting any sort of defence together to stop the following punches. The official time is 5:21.[/quote] [b]Will Kane vs. Augustin Gonzalez[/b] [quote]Round 1 Kane leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Gonzalez deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Gonzalez uses a knee to the ribs before backing Kane up against the cage. Right hand from Kane connects though, that was well timed. Gonzalez breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Kane was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Gonzalez sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Kane fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. They both seem to be looking for an opening, and it's creating a stalemate at the moment. Gonzalez tries to work an angle, then steps in...and gets creamed with a high head kick! Kane landed it right to the ear of all places, and Gonzalez's legs give way, sending him crashing to the floor. The referee immediately covers him up, he is clearly out cold. Kane gets the win via K.O. Official time of the knock out is 8:37 of the first.[/quote] [b]Petey Mack vs. Ken****o Yamata[/b] [quote]Round 1 Mack starts tentatively, and scores with a few sharp leg kicks. A straight left connects, and K. Yamata is forced backward to avoid an uppercut. Good start from Mack. K. Yamata tries to come inside, but eats a kick to the thigh. They clinch briefly, but it goes nowhere. Looping right hand from K. Yamata, but it only caught Mack on the shoulder. Another kick connects from Mack, and that sets up a nice combination to the body. The accuracy of his kicks has been excellent so far, and is keeping K. Yamata from doing very much. K. Yamata looks to be working an angle. Right hand from K. Yamata, that one definitely registered, but I don't think it had much power behind it. The time ticks away without anything further of interest happening. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Mack by 10-9. Round 2 Mack doesn't waste any time, scoring with a big right hook almost immediately. K. Yamata was caught sleeping, and that really landed hard, if it had been more accurate it might have been a knock out blow. K. Yamata hits two sharp body shots in return, but it's clear that he is rattled. K. Yamata looks to be working an angle. They get in close and exchange punches, it's not clear who got the better of that. Mack hits a good looping punch to the side of the head, that's another one that's rattled K. Yamata. Mack is getting more force behind his punches at the moment, and that's the key difference. Both fighters circle. Time ticks away, and K. Yamata offers nothing that would make you think that he has any chance of winning this round on points. The 2nd round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Mack. The official scores are: 20-18 (twice), 21-17 for Petey Mack.[/quote] [b]Shane Gilchrist vs. Russell McPhee[/b] [quote]Round 1 The two competitors start slowly, circling and looking for an opening. McPhee fakes shooting in for a takedown, but Gilchrist didn't buy it for a second. In comes McPhee from an angle to the right, but Gilchrist had it covered all the way, and not only easily steps out of the way of the attempted right hand, but manages to score with a solid right hand to the side of the head. McPhee felt that, and is forced to cover up quickly as Gilchrist steps in quickly and unloads with a flurry of powerful blows, looking to capitalise on the earlier strike. McPhee is forced back against the cage, but to his credit, he did a good job defending those strikes and didn't seem to take any significant damage. Gilchrist doesn't get in too close, realising that it would likely mean getting caught in a clinch, so he stands slightly back instead and throws some low kicks and looping punches. McPhee responds by throwing out some straight jabs, but neither fighter is really doing any damage to their opponent. Gilchrist clearly grows tired of the wait, and moves in to hit a body blow. It connects, but McPhee is quick to tie him up in a clinch. That lasts quite a while, until the referee gets in there and breaks them up, telling them to fight. Both fighters circle. Gilchrist scores with a stiff jab, and bobs and weaves to avoid all three of the rapid-fire punches that come back from McPhee. Nicely done. McPhee, realising that he is losing this round, comes forward with a sense of urgency, throwing right hands to put Gilchrist on the back foot. Gilchrist handles it well though, refusing to let McPhee get an angle, and using some nice counter punches to the body to further cement the fact that this round is going to him on points. Time expires with McPhee throwing increasingly desperate punches. The round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Gilchrist. Round 2 The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from McPhee forces Gilchrist back up against the cage, and he has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but McPhee is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and Gilchrist clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, Gilchrist gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. McPhee seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's Gilchrist who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that McPhee had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. Gilchrist stalks McPhee, backing him up against the cage. McPhee ducks a left hand and clinches up. Knee from Gilchrist. McPhee hits an elbow to the ribs. They separate...and Gilchrist nearly takes McPhee's head off with a sensational uppercut! McPhee went down like a ton of bricks, he has been knocked out cold. Awesome punch from Gilchrist, that was close to the perfect punch. Official time of the knock out is 4:37 of the second.[/quote] [b]Luke Hilton vs. Antoni Mora[/b] [quote]Round 1 The round begins, and it is A. Mora who starts better, energetically bounding straight into action by throwing a three-punch combination and a scything leg kick. Hilton defended all four blows well, but is forced to be on the backfoot right from the word go. A. Mora works for an angle, coming in from the left hand side with a high right hand. Hilton ducks under it and nestles a stiff jab in the solar plexus. It doesn't seem to slow A. Mora down much though, as he swiftly turns and hits a crisp left to the side of the head, followed almost instantly by a mid-level kick that smacks above the hip of Hilton. Interesting first minute of action, A. Mora is looking particularly sharp. Hilton tries to turn the momentum by advancing quickly and driving A. Mora back against the cage with a series of jabs and hooks, and they end up clinched. Hilton tries a knee from that position, but it is blocked. A. Mora scores with two sharp blows to the ribs, and then they break away from each other. A. Mora narrowly misses a right cross. They square up to each other in the center. A. Mora throws a head fake and comes in from low down to hit a rising shot that catches Hilton on the side of the head. Hilton got a shot in too though, although it hit the shoulder rather than the head. Time is running down; A. Mora has probably done enough to win the round, but it has turned quite scrappy since the clinch against the cage, both will probably be slightly unhappy with that. Hilton tries a late surge, coming in hard and fast with a leading left, but A. Mora defends it well and scores the only meaningful shot of the exchange with a crisp left hand. The first round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to A. Mora. Round 2 Hilton hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces A. Mora to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Hilton hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. A. Mora tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Hilton having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from A. Mora. A. Mora gets caught with a solid right hand out of nowhere, and is rocked. Hilton follows up with another one, and A. Mora looks in trouble all of a sudden. He is backed up against the cage and Hilton is unloading. The punches are raining down, A. Mora is covering up. The referee has seen enough and stops the fight, clearly feeling that A. Mora was unable to defend himself intelligently. Hilton wins. The official time of the TKO is 8:29 of round 2.[/quote] [b]Katherine Williams vs. Layla Holmes[/b] [quote]Round 1 Williams starts the round like a house on fire, hitting three quick jabs and a vicious right hook. Holmes covered up well, but at least one of the jabs got through and landed above the left eye. Holmes backs up to buy some time, but Williams keeps coming and lands a right hand to the body. Holmes scores with a jab in return, then goes with a kick to the waist. Williams catches the leg though and quickly rushes forward with a takedown. Holmes pulls guard. Williams tries to grab an arm to work a submission, but Holmes is defending it well by using short, sharp strikes to keep her back. Williams tries to pass the guard, but has no luck. A punch from Williams connects, but there was no real power behind it. Williams fakes Holmes out cleverly, and slips to a half mount. Holmes manages to hit a firm elbow, then is forced to defend the full mount attempt. Williams switches tactics and tries to work a kimura on the other arm, but Holmes blocks it, squirms her leg free, and secures the guard again. Williams looks frustrated at losing the half mount after having worked so hard to get it in the first place. Holmes is liable to lose the round on points, but she has done a fine job of defending the submissions attempts so far. Williams tries to secure a leglock, but the guard is tight and Holmes is safe. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Williams by 10-9. Round 2 Quick start to the round from Holmes, she comes storming in with a flurry of jabs. Williams defends it well, parrying them away. Nice straight right from Williams connects. Holmes gets in close and hits a pair of nice body shots, then they clinch up. Holmes pushes Williams back against the cage and goes for a trip, but Williams blocks it. Williams suddenly pushes forward off the cage and uses the momentum to take Holmes down to the ground, into guard. Holmes tries to push free, but Williams forces her to go back to guard by raining down some jabs. Williams reaches over and tries to apply some sort of neck vice, but Holmes breaks it by bringing her arms up. Williams steps through in an effort to mount Holmes, but can only get to half guard as one of her legs gets trapped. Williams throws some strikes, then tries to work an armbar on the closest arm. Holmes rolls over and uses her free arm to keep that from happening. That goes on for quite a long time, with Williams determined to try and work the arm free and get an armbar, while Holmes uses everything at her disposal to block it. The round ends without Williams having made the breakthrough, although she clearly ran away with the round in terms of points. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Williams. The official scores are: 20-18 (twice), 21-17 for Katherine Williams.[/quote] [b]Gustavo Bautista vs. Darin Blood[/b] [quote]Round 1 Tentative start to the round, the fighters are circling. Bautista throws out a couple of range-finding jabs, but they aren't anything that will trouble Blood. Kick to the thigh from Blood, but it lacked power. Bautista throws out a few jabs, nothing too dangerous though, Blood easily avoided them. They come together, both throwing punches. Bautista gets a nice clean shot in, and Blood stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Bautista is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. The official time of the TKO is 1:33 of round 1.[/quote] [b] Derek South vs. Tayron Willis[/b] [quote]Round 1 South hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces T. Willis to back up against the cage, where they clinch. South hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. T. Willis tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with South having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from T. Willis. South makes T. Willis back up against the cage by throwing some looping punches. He comes in closer and hits a right hook to the body, getting a jab to the cheek in return. South throws another two punches, both to the body, then steps back to avoid an uppercut. T. Willis lets fly with a scorching punch though, and it catches South by surprise, putting him down! T. Willis follows up and starts raining down right hands. South covers up as best he can, but it's not enough as the referee pulls T. Willis off, the match is over. T. Willis wins via 1st round TKO with the official time being 7:18.[/quote] [b]Lukas Mellberg vs. Xie Ming[/b] [quote]Round 1 Very, very slow start to the round. Over a minute has gone before the first meaningful strike connects. It's Ming who hits it, scoring with a shot to the chest. Mellberg fires back with a couple of jabs, both of which connect with the shoulder rather than the face where they were aimed. The two fighters come together in the center and exchange punches, neither getting the clear advantage. Mellberg suddenly shoots in and goes for a takedown, but Ming manages to sprawl long enough to get them all the way back to the cage, which keeps him upright. Mellberg tries to complete the takedown, but realises that the leverage isn't there and instead stands and clinches. Ming hits a couple of shots to the back. Mellberg hits a stomp. Ming lifts his leg to go for a knee, but that gives Mellberg the opportunity to lift him and slam him down to the ground. That was a hard slam! Mellberg is on top, almost sitting on top of a balled-up Ming. He throws some hard downward punches, Ming defends most of them, although one hits hard above the eye. Mellberg leaves his arm in for a second too long and Ming reaches up and almost gets an armbar. Mellberg gets free though, although the effort puts him off-balance enough for him to stumble, giving Ming the opportunity to scramble back up. There's a nasty mark above the eye where the earlier punch connected though. They go back to circling each other. There's not much time left. Ming tries one last big attack, swinging for the fences with two bombs, but Mellberg avoids both, adding a nice shot to the stomach after the second dodge. The round ends there. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Mellberg. Round 2 Mellberg leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Ming deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Ming uses a knee to the ribs before backing Mellberg up against the cage. Right hand from Mellberg connects though, that was well timed. Ming breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Mellberg was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Ming sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Mellberg fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. Ming gets Mellberg backed up against the cage and throws a flurry of jabs, but doesn't do any real damage. Mellberg tries to get back to the center, but almost invites the takedown attempt, which promptly comes. Ming drives him down with a waist-high tackle...but gets caught! The takedown left his head exposed and Mellberg applied a guillotine on the way down. Ming is caught, that is on really tight. There's the tap out, Ming was clearly unable to breathe with a forearm crushing his wind-pipe. The official time is 6:47.[/quote] [b]WFRC Middleweight Title Match: Doug Martin vs. Viriato Belo[/b] [quote]Round 1 V. Belo meets D. Martin in the center. They exchange tentative long-range punches. D. Martin steps in to press the action, but gets caught with a right hand. V. Belo scores with a left too, then a crisp jab. D. Martin backs off, that exchange did not go in his favour by any means. V. Belo presses the advantage and gets in a couple more jabs, forcing D. Martin onto the back-foot, all the way until he is up against the cage. V. Belo stands just in range and starts throwing occasional straight rights, forcing D. Martin to try and react in time. D. Martin parries a few shots away, but also gets caught with a couple. He steps forward and tries to get a clinch, but V. Belo keeps away from it and continues to flick quick jabs out. D. Martin is really getting schooled so far, V. Belo's hand speed and technique have allowed him to completely control everything about this round, D. Martin hasn't been able to generate anything of note. D. Martin tries to change that by coming after V. Belo, but V. Belo meets him in the center and exchanges punches, again winning the encounter comfortably. The final minute of the round sees D. Martin try two more times, and in neither can he manage to break V. Belo's control. The round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to V. Belo. Round 2 D. Martin comes out swinging, using some looping punches to try and catch V. Belo. They're easy to avoid though. The first real exchange of punches happens right in the center, and V. Belo gets the better of it, flashing two quick jabs into the cheek, and a right cross that landed above the eye. D. Martin tries to hit an uppercut, but V. Belo parries it away with ease. D. Martin backs off, then comes in again. V. Belo ducks a wild right hand and gets two shots in to the stomach. D. Martin parries away a third, then tries a left hand to the nose, but V. Belo side-steps it and hits a snap jab to the side of the head. V. Belo forces D. Martin to back up again. So far V. Belo is looking the far more accomplished striker, he has dictated how each exchange has gone, D. Martin is being controlled and contained with relative ease. A further exchange of strikes does nothing to change that, as once again V. Belo's hands are superior to D. Martin's, and he gets in one or two nice punches. D. Martin clinches up, perhaps buying himself time to rethink, because it doesn't look like he can win a battle of technical striking. They are parted by the referee. V. Belo stalks D. Martin, who begins using long-range punches to keep the distance between them. That goes on for the remainder of the round, which V. Belo has won on points by a mile. The second round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to V. Belo. Round 3 D. Martin starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and V. Belo manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. V. Belo uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and D. Martin is forced back against the cage. V. Belo picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. D. Martin uses a couple of looping punches to make V. Belo keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as V. Belo bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. D. Martin scores with a low kick. A looping left from V. Belo, but it's wide of the mark. V. Belo unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for V. Belo. Viriato Belo wins the match, getting a score of 30-27 from all three judges. Viriato Belo retains the WFRC Middleweight Title title.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
WFRC is proud to announce that we have signed a video game deal with Spike, the developers of the legendary Fire Pro Wrestling series. The game will appear on the ps2 in the very near future, but to wet your appetite, here's a scan of the box art and a link to an online version of the instructions manual. [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/Carlzilla/WFRC/WFRCGameBox.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://wfrcmma.1stfreehosting.com/WFRC%20Game%20Manual.pdf"]Online version of the manual, be patient, it's a big file (1.33megs)[/URL] [QUOTE][b]OOC:[/b]So I've been tooling around in Fire Pro Wrestling returns for the ps2 and have converted 30 of WFRC best into fire pro versions of themselves. This includes some from the default data as well as my originals.[/QUOTE]

Archived