[Cornellverse] Ego Trip

Ego Trip is a mod for the Cornellverse, and is intended to make greater use of the Alter Ego feature while leaving your game for the most part unchanged. This allows the player a greater sense of continuity and realism within the game, as characters change and evolve throughout the game world. Jim Force might take off the face paint and have a go at being a legitimate threat. Ben Williams might use a different gimmick for each of his short stops on the independent circuit. Alex Braun could make a triumphant return to SWF as Commissioner Ace Freeze. Maybe Emma Chase drops the seductress act and instead becomes more of an executive consultant. None of these things are [i]guaranteed[/i] to happen, of course, but the mere possibility helps when you the player are trying to immerse yourself in the game world. Community members J Silver, Self, Marshall, i effin rule, scorpion, Trypio, Marcel Fromage, jtlants, jesterx7769, and Midian have all contributed their work in the Alternate Pictures thread to this project. The mod should be compatible with the default Cornellverse database or any Cornellverse mod that doesn't add extra listings to the alter ego file. A revised version of this mod will also be included with my alternate Cornellverse mod, C2.

[QUOTE=Rathen4;475384]oh this is absolutely awesome It sounds to me like you've taken all of the best characters from the diaries, and made them so that everyone can have them and use them. ****ing awesome.[/QUOTE] To give you an idea, here's what I've managed to add so far, sorted by source: CLAYTON WICK ==== Alan Parent as American Kudo Alex Braun as Alex Braun (with suit) and Commissioner Ace Freeze American Buffalo as Warlord Nightmare Antonio (with suit) and Antonio as Italian Elemental Angel Takudome as Devil Takudome Greg Rayne as "Perfect Ten" Greg Rayne Greg Rayne as Greg Rayne, Esq. Lion Heart as Vigilante Keith Vegas as "Fallout Boy" Keith Vegas Valiant as Prince Valiant White Wasp (with suit) MARCEL FROMAGE ==== American Buffalo as Morpheus Billy Robinson as Parasite I Nemesis (with black t-shirt) Wade Orson as Parasite II SELF ==== Dallas McWade (with suit) and Dallas McWade (no shirt) Dean McWade (with suit) and Dean McWade (biker) Harry Allen (alternate haircut) Harry Wilson Generic as Prince Harry and as Sergeant Goodhead Jack Giedroyc as "The Wrath of God" Jack Giedroyc Michelle Brendon (as rocker) Shooter Sean Deeley as "The Wrestling Demon" Sean Deeley Sean McFly as Cowboy Sean McFly Tommy Cornell (new Syndicate suit to match his stablemates) TRYPIO ==== American Buffalo as VIKING Buffalo American Machine as American Viking Derek Frost (with scar), (with moustache and scar) and as "The Ice Cold Cowboy" Derek Frost Harry Allen as Party Boy Harry Allen Paul Steadyfast as Paul Starman Thomas Morgan with a Pretentious Artist gimmick Keep in mind that I have about a hundred fifty more pictures to add, each of those being one or more alter egos. jtlants has also granted me permission to use his alts, which means this mod just got a whole lot bigger.

[quote=Comradebot;475414]What the world needs... Is a Jim Force alter ego that's more like.... JIM FOOOOOOORCE!! He doesn't need to have a different picture, just have the bio changed to read as if spoken by the name of all names. And some reference to Snuggleforce, of course.[/quote] I think we just need JIM FOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE on Bullshark Testosterone.

[QUOTE=Midnightnick;475420]I think we just need JIM FOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE on Bullshark Testosterone.[/QUOTE] Wait for it... JIM FOOOOOOOOOOOORCE teaming with "The Alpha Norwegian" Bam Bam Johansson? I think its time EWA gets a working agreement with USPW for my diary.

The number of contributors has once again grown. They're credited in the first post. A few cool alter egos that have been added: Ash Campbell as luchadore "El Enemigo." Roderick Remus as generic babyface "Hot" Rod Remus and as luchadore "The Magnificent Rod." Hell's Bouncer as the enigmatic Tabula Rasa. And "Extreme" Barry Kingman.

As of this post, over one hundred alter egos have been added to the game. I'm not even half done. While I am adding popular Alternate Pictures Thread stables like Wave of Violence and the cWo, these alter egos have been set to a 0% chance of appearing. This makes them available to the player without having to worry about workers in all corners of the world turning up as members of a nonexistent stable.

I'm not sure if you're planning on doing this, but a lot of Alternate Pictures were included in the default data, but didn't have an Alter-Ego beyond Ryan Powell (Generic 1). It would be cool if some of that work got more gimmicky names. I was a little disappointed that some of my work wasn't given the full "[I]this is an alternate gimmick[/I]" treatment... Which of course is nothing compared to the total thrill in seeing something I did included in a game people spend money for. I haven't checked out the 1.1 release, so if Adam already did something like this, my bad. You've probably got a lot on your plate already, but I can see this project being a must for anyone who plays the C-Verse, and feel it should rock extremely hard.

Forty Marshall picks later, and I've now got only two and a half contributors' pictures to do: half of a Self folder, and then a folder each for jtlant and i effin rule. I can now say with the utmost of confidence that I [i]hate all of my contributors[/i]. Were it not for them, I wouldn't have ever thought to embark on what has turned out to be one of the most boring, tedious mods I've worked on since that attempt at modding Knights of the Old Republic. A pox on all of you and your outstanding work. EDIT: On the other hand, I'm very much convinced that this mod will improve a lot of people's enjoyment of the game. In fact, I'm not starting a new game until I get done with this thing so I can try it out myself.

Archived