Elite Wrestling Association: Be A Witness

[CENTER][B]Toledo Blade[/B] [B]August 1st, 2008[/B][/CENTER] [B]New Local Wrestling Promotion Opens[/B] by Daniel R. Hallenbeck, Associated Press Writer TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - With only $2,500 in his bank account, 32 year old Eric Luther, from Toledo, Ohio, has decided to move from an avid fan of wrestling who constantly tells his friends what he would do if he were in control of some of the top companies, into the owner of his very own wrestling promotion, the Elite Wrestling Association. He currently has an empty roster, no upcoming shows, no venue, and no sponsors, however, he is expected to make these important decisions in the next few days. When asked as to what he expects out of his promotion, Luther said, "Well, I want to create a wrestling promotion that promotes both aspects of what makes wrestling so popular - entertainment and wrestling. I don't want to make a promotion based on purely entertainment, nor on purely wrestling, but a modern hybrid of the two. My goal is to create a loyal fan base here in Toledo and the Great Lakes Area, then hopefully carry the promotion to more regional levels and then national levels." The very optimistic Eric Luther has quite a challenge ahead of him, as we have seen many promotions that have gone bankrupt within less than a year of their openings. He hopes the same doesn't happen for the EWA.

Archived