Mod Ideas

I have a couple of ideas I'm proactively working on, but I don't really wanna announce them until I've got a fair idea that I can complete them and not give up halfway through :) However, I do have a couple other ideas. Always thought a political mod would be perfect for TEW.. coz aside from having to fudge the ages of everyone, the whole arena of partisan politics can be just as over the top and insane as wrestling. The idea of a music artist mod always appealed to me too.. basing the promotions around Record Labels, with the correct artists signed to it, and all. Free free to use em if anyone wants coz I doubt I ever will ^_^

[QUOTE=crayon;481395]I have a couple of ideas I'm proactively working on, but I don't really wanna announce them until I've got a fair idea that I can complete them and not give up halfway through :) However, I do have a couple other ideas. Always thought a political mod would be perfect for TEW.. coz aside from having to fudge the ages of everyone, the whole arena of partisan politics can be just as over the top and insane as wrestling. The idea of a music artist mod always appealed to me too.. basing the promotions around Record Labels, with the correct artists signed to it, and all. Free free to use em if anyone wants coz I doubt I ever will ^_^[/QUOTE] The music one is a good idea only if it is done right with individuals instead of actually bands. Like the band Slipknot would be a stable with the members in it.

And it's hardly my idea, since everyone and his dog has mentioned it at some stage, but a mod has all of the GDS forum people in it as workers would be awesome. I'm actually thinking, that at this stage, since we still haven't seen one completed, it might be better to just release it as an add-on mod with 30 or 50 workers and a couple of promotions (GDS, Bob Inc Combat.. EWR Battlegrounds? for instance), and people could import it into a c-verse or RW mod.

I have two sets of data that I have been working on since TEW2007 in my free time (read: mostly ideas). I have a fictional universe a la the Cornellverse that I have been working on and have nearly 150 characters done. But one I had is for an alternate timeline of professional wrestling, with the plan being to post a 'complete' history of professional wrestling in a nice amount of detail. Each notworthy fed chronicled, noteworthy wrestlers mentioned, shocking incidents, etc. Then when it was all done, it would be posted and I'd let the people vote on what era of the alternate reality they would like the first mod to be based. I haven't had much time to work on it lately (recently been promoted to management at my job) but I have several days off right now and coming up (vacation!!) so I have time to work on it again. Anyone interested in contributing in anyway, PM me and we'll collaborate on some thing and see if there is any interest, then get the ball rolling. The idea was inspired by The Fall mod (personal favorite of mine), but I wanted to rewrite all of wrestling not just one part. Here is what I have so far. . . [QUOTE]History of World Wrestling Federation The companies roots date back to the late 1940's when Toots Mondt and Jesse McMahon began promoting weekend wrestling events in the Northeast territory of the United States. As interest in wrestling grew, first as more of a carnival event and then as a legitimate 'sport', the duo began promoting the final show of each month as a "Northeast Wrestling Extravaganza" with the previous shows building up to event. By the end of 1952, Vince McMahon Sr. had taken over the promoting duties for the events. With the first event of 1953, he rechristened the endevour as the Capitol Wrestling Federation and started one of the first wrestling companies in North America. Under McMahon Sr. the fans would begin to see storylines integrated into the show, being played out over the course of a month in a continuation of his predecesors formula with a payoff at the final show. During this time, NWA Champion Buddy Rogers would appear at the final show each month with a story every month centered around who would get the title shot when the final Saturday rolled around. As the scene in the northeast grew, though, so did Mondt's interest in creating the first wrestling organization with true national appeal. In the early 1960's, Rogers monthly title defense for the CWF became the only defenses he would make. Other territories in the National Wrestling Alliance grew increasingly angry at this, and Rogers would finally drop the title to Lou Thesz in January of 1963. The month of February in 1963 would see Mondt stepping away from the northeast territories, and McMahon Sr. holding a month-long tournament to crown the very first Capitol Wrestling Federation Champion. Rogers would win the belt in the final against Bruno Sammartino, but lose the belt later that year. Sammartino would be groomed as the first CWF star under Vince McMahon Sr. Business continued as normal until the late 1970's when McMahon's son, Vince Jr., became a partner in his father's business. Together the two began rebuilding Toots Mondt's old dream of creating a national wrestling promotion, and choose to do so on their own. Over the course of the early-1980's1982, the McMahons began to craft their roster in preperation for going national. Hulk Hogan was established as the major star of the company when he unseated Bob Backlund, the reigning champion for nearly five years. With Hogan as the centerpiece, the McMahons started promoting "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, and The Iron Shiek as the top threats to the World title. They would also introduce the Intercontential title around this time with Ken Patera and Pat Patterson as the focal points of the division. This would change several times before the debut of WrestleMania 1984, and by that time the division centered around Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana, and Greg Valentine. By 1982 the McMahon family, and their company, had severed all ties to the National Wrestling Alliance and had expanded to the limits of the northeast territory, even spilling over on rare occasions to the territories surronding them. In December of 1983, the Captiol Wrestling Federation would run their last show. Vince McMahon Jr. would take control of the company, renaming it the World Wrestling Federation, and began to prepare for the launch of his national company. In March of 1984 the new company would present WrestleMania as live broadcast on the NBC network. The show incorporated several celebrities and offered payoffs to some of CWF's most bitter rivalries. On this same night many wrestlers signed exclusive agreements with McMahon and his World Wrestling Federation, and, after recieving the numbers for WrestleMania, NBC immediately contracted this new company to present a weekly show: Saturday Night's Main Event. They signed WWF to an astonishing ten year deal and the show premiered in July 1984. McMahon's plan worked beautifully, as "wrestle-mania" spread across the United States with fans glued to their TV sets every weekend to see the stars of the WWF. Hulk Hogan would be established as the major star of the company, with the likes of Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Tito Santana, Ricky Steamboat, and Andre the Giant all emerging as major stars throughout the mid-and-late-80's. WrestleMania III, the first to be presented on pay-per-view, would feature the main event of Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant for the WWF World title. Hogan would defeat Andre, and the Giant would enter semi-retirement immediately after to focus on his growing acting career. The year that followed would see Ted DiBiase emerge as Hogan's biggest threat, hiring a number of wrestlers to try and take Hogan out before his match with the Immortal One, which would take place as the main event of 'Mania 4. The final moments of that match saw Randy Savage turn on his partner, DiBiase, and help Hogan to retain the belt. This would bring together the formation of The Mega Powers, and set off a year-long fued with DiBiase and his Money Inc. cohorts. In the months before WrestleMania 5, Randy Savage would be announced as the number one conteder to Hogan's championship but was shocked to learn that his title match wouldn't take place at WrestleMania. Instead, the main event was booked as The Mega Powers versus Ted DiBiase and a mystery partner. The partner turned out to be none other than Andre the Giant, who also scored the pin for his team when Savage turned against Hogan and nailed him with the title belt. This would set up the main event for McMahon's first non-Mania PPV, SummerSlam to take place that August. In a move that shocked the wrestling world, Savage ended Hogan's 4+ year title reign with a clean victory at that event. At that same event, Ricky Steamboat would be elevated to main event status after winning a classic match against Tito Santana for the Intercontential title. The win, and his performance, would cause the fans to practically demand he be made the number one contender to Savage's newly won belt. Tito Santana would turn heel and form Strike Force with Rick Martel shortly after the loss, the duo quickly becoming Savage's underlings in his fued with Steamboat. And so the main event for WrestleMania 6 was set, Randy Savage defending his title against Ricky Steamboat. In the TV build-up to the yearly event Steamboat would lose his Intercontential title to Rick Martel due to Santana's interference and jealousy caused the duo to split. This made way for the first true double-main event in wrestling as the ****y heel Rick Martel defended the belt against his former partner and once-again fan favorite Tito Santana. Mania would see Savage retain, as well as Martel; shortly thereafter Ricky Steamboat would pack up and leave the WWF for the NWA, who had just secured a TV spot for the national launch of the TBS SuperStation. With Steamboat gone and no clear choice as to who would become Savage's new opponent, the company floundered for several months until Hulk Hogan announced his full time return to the ring. December would see the belt held up after a controversial battle on Saturday Night's Main event between Hogan and Savage that resulted in a hefty fine for the company for excessive bleeding from a bad blade job and a few f-bombs from Savage that made it across the live broadcast. Of course, this was all build-up for the first ever Royal Rumble, to take place in January of 1990. The winner of the Rumble would be crowned the new WWF Champion with the runner-up being given an automatic rematch at WrestleMania 7. Hogan would come out on top with Savage as the runner-up and thus Hogan-Savage II would be the main event for WrestleMania that year. This decision outraged some fans, who had hoped a new era of wrestling would begin with the Ultimate Warrior taking home the win, and the outcome would cause McMahon to lose some fans to the ever-rising NWA. Warrior would become the Intercontential Champion at Mania, defeating long reigning IC Champion Greg Valentine in less than 30 seconds. Valentine would walk out of the company immediately following the match and show up weeks later on NWA Saturday Night to form the second version of the Four Horsemen with Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and Barry Windham. Hogan-Savage would main event SummerSlam that year, with Hogan trumphing once again. Warrior would continue to play second fiddle to Hogan and Savage for the rest of the year before McMahon realized that the fans wanted him to be on top and book Hogan-Warrior as the main event of WrestleMania 8 in March of 1991. This would, of course, require Warrior to win the Royal Rumble that year. The final two came down to Savage and Warrior, and ended in bizzare fashion. Immediately after Warrior had elemenated Bret Hart, who was just beginning his push as a singles wrestler, he turned around to come face-to-face with the Macho Man. Savage took a few steps back and appluaded Warrior, then asked for a microphone. "Hogan... I've been there, done that. Since I haven't got the job done in my last two tries... you do it," he declared while pointing at the Warrior. Savage jumped over the top rope, eliminating himself, to declare Warrior the winner. Bret Hart would also make an impact that night, attacking Savage as he landed on the outside and calling him a spineless coward. Mania would again have a double-main event with Hogan-Warrior and Savage-Hart, with Savage turning face following the Rumble to fued with the heel Hart. Bret would defeat Savage in a "passing of the torch," with Savage delivering a speech after the match that turned Hart face and marked the Macho Man's retirement from in-ring competition. Hogan had been lobbying backstage to win the match, but Vince McMahon would have none of it. Warrior won the title and Hogan exited the company with the intention of heading to NWA. But the booking committee there rejected his contract request, fearing that Hogan's politics would interfere with their plans to push guys like Sting and Lex Luger as the top contenders to Ric Flair's World title. Hogan then unnofficially retired from wrestling to continue his acting career. The next couple of years would see the Ultimate Warrior embark upon a Hogan-like title reign, defeating all comers with relative ease while wrestlers like Bret Hart, "Perfect" Curt Hennig, Shawn Michaels, and Razor Ramon (aka Scott Hall) revolutionzed the sport with a new, quicker, more breathtaking in-ring style. The four men would be the center of WWF's Intercontential division while the World title scene grew stale with Warrior as the champion. McMahon, with much urging from the roster, decided that the era of a dominating World champion had passed. That year at Royal Rumble '93 Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels would be co-winners of the namesake match. Warrior succesfully defended his title against NWA-defect Vader on that card, but walked out of the company after being told of McMahon's plans to take the belt off of him at WrestleMania 10. With no other options, McMahon declared that there would be a one night only single elimination tournament at 'Mania to declare a new World champions. Michaels and Hart would kept seperate of the tournament brackets, having a one-on-one match to determine who would face the tournament winner to decide the new World champion. Nearly every WWF superstar would take place in the tournament: "Perfect" Curt Hennig, Razor Ramon, Owen Hart, Marty Jannetty, Bam Bam Bigelow, Adam Bomb (aka Bryan Clarke), Crush (aka Brian Adams), Sid Vicious (who made his WWF debut for the tournament), Tito Santana, Rick Martel, Lex Luger (also making his WWF debut as the All-American), Papa Shango (who had storyline credit for chasing the Warrior out of the company), Doink the Clown (wrestling as a heel), The Undertaker, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, and Tatanka. The first round would see Hennig, Ramon, Owen, Sid, Santana, Martel, Luger, and Undertaker all advance. As the semi-finals unfolded, Owen would go over Hennig and Sid over Ramon. Tito Santana and Rick Martel would have their stalling careers revitalized when their fued was rekindled in a breathtaking match that resulted in a no contest while Lex Luger began his push with a huge win over The Undertaker. The no contest left three-men in the finals, and the WWF Championship Commitee (a group of wrestling legends assembled to oversee the tournament) decided that the winner would be decided in the first-ever triple threat match! Bret Hart would triumph over Shawn Michaels in their match and sat at ringside during the triple threat, waiting for the title match to being immediately following. The triple threat didn't come off as well as Vince had hoped, but it got the job done in establishing Sid and Luger as two the "New Generation" stars and gave him a nice blowoff fued between the two after Owen stole the pin on Sid from Luger to advance. It was time for the main event, Luger & Sid disappearing backstage in a crowd of staff during a violent brawl. Owen, who had been trying to get out of his brother's shadow since entering the company, wasted no time in getting the match underway. The two proceeded to take the audience on a dramatic ride for nearly 30 minutes, stringing together a technical masterpiece fused with the raw emotion of which brother wanted it more. In the end, Bret would come out on top after interference from Shawn Michaels backfired and allowed him to lock Owen into the sharpshooter for a submission victory. With Bret and Shawn moved into the World title scene, the focus of the Intercontential scene shifted to "Perfect" Curt Hennig (who had recently began calling himself, simply, "Mr. Perfect") as the champion fueding with Razor Ramon while Tito Santana and Rick Martel fueded over the number one contendership. That year at SummerSlam, Vince decided to give the triple threat match another go, this time booking World Champion Bret Hart against brother Owen and rival Shawn Michaels. The three would pull it off beautifully after months of TV build-up and an insane marketing campaign by WWF would make SummerSlam '93 the best-selling PPV for the WWF for nearly ten years. The undercard was stacked with an "I Quit" match between Mr. Perfect and Razor Ramon for the Intercontential title, a grudge match between Rick Martel and Tito Santana, the first in-ring match between Lex Luger and Sid Vicious, The Undertaker taking on rival Papa Shango in the first casket match, and a match that would ignite the tag team division for the first time in WWF history: Rick & Scott Steiner making their WWF debut against tag team champions The British Bulldogs. The team of Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid had kept a stranglehold on the belts since leaving Japan and joining the WWF roster nearly 2 years prior. Rick & Scott, also fresh out of Japan, would win the belts in a fast-paced 20 minute match and the division would soon explode with The Steiner Brothers, The British Bulldogs, Money Inc. (a returning Ted DiBiase and "Money" Mike Rotunda), and Thrill Zone (Marty Jannetty and Sean Waltman, who saved their careers by forming the entertaining team). Bret would triumph in the triple threat, Mr. Perfect against Ramon, Santana over Martel, Luger and Sid would go to a double-disqualification, and Papa Shango would triumph over Undertaker with interference from his new 'zombie' slave, Uriah (played by Dustin Rhodes). As he has shown himself prone to do, Vince continued to milk the same fueds into 1994 and the Royal Rumble would take place and go down in history as the most important PPV business-wise yet for the WWF. Even with wretling viewership at an all-time high, NBC had announced that Saturday Night's Main Event would be taken off the air after nearly ten years. Due to their disapproval of Vince's public image because of the impending steroid trial brought forth by "Superstar" Billy Graham and Hulk Hogan (who hadn't been seen in wrestling since leaving the WWF years prior), the network had decided not to renew the company's 10-year deal. The success of Rumble '94 would weigh in heavily on his negotiations for a new TV deal, and the new booking commitee in place had made Vince realize that the product needed freshened up. With no TV build-up in January, the final Saturday Night's Main Event was billed as "The End of an Era." The two-hour show would feature an amazing match between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels that would see Shawn win the title after interference from his new enforcer Diesel; a rematch was booked for Rumble '94, this time inside of a steel cage. The show would also feature Owen Hart winning the Intercontential title from champion Razor Ramon, The Undertaker returning to defeat Uriah and earn a rematch with Papa Shango, and a heel turn from The Steiner Brothers who teamed with Rick Martel to take on Tito Santana and Thrill Zone. Throughout the show, several of the midcard wrestlers were given the chance to give live promos so the new booking commitee could evaluate the fan reactions; this resulted in the now-infamous shoot promo 'triple threat' from Curt Hennig, Shane Douglas, and Chris Candido. Shane Douglas had been working for the WWF since shortly after WrestleMania 10 and, after a relatively strong build-up, was relegated to jobbing to the main event heels as a generic babyface. Curt Hennig, though he was a focal point of the Intercontential division, had been ready for the main event in both he and the fans' eyes for over a year (in fact, many thought he would win the Royal Rumble in 1993 and be the man to dethrone the Ultimate Warrior). Chris Candido had been brought into the company only months prior under a ridculous personal trainer gimmick, playing a dumb sidekick to Owen Hart. All three men would be given their releases that night and leave for the growing hotbed of Eastern Championship Wrestling. Other promos from Bam Bam Bigelow and Thrill Zone (Sean Waltman in particular) put them over with the fans, and Bigelow would step into the Intercontential tite picture later that year. But it was Owen Hart's promo, a scathing speech about living in his brother's shadow and always being held back, that caused the biggest impact. For the first time, Owen came across as more than a whiney brat and gave a promo filled with genuine emotion and a raw energy that the fans connected with on many levels. The Royal Rumble would see Bret regain the World title from Michaels, Owen retain the Intercontential belt over Razor Ramon, Lex Luger score a clean win over Sid, The Undertaker get his revenge on Papa Shango (and mark the last appearance of the character in the WWF), and Thrill Zone win the Tag Team titles from The Steiner Brothers. In the Rumble match itself, Owen Hart would enter at number one and his opponent from earlier, Razor Ramon, at number two. Owen would go on to last the entire match, nearly 90 minutes, and last eliminate Tito Santana to win. After the Rumble, the booking commitee pressed the reset button on the World Wrestling Federation. Gone were the days of cartoony gimmicks and invincible heroes; the ratings for the last Main Event were through the roof and it was all because of the personal nature of the wrestlers' promos. They secured a TV deal with the USA Network to present WWF RAW on Monday nights, and soon the focus of the product became the emotion leading up to amazing wrestling matches. The focus leading into WrestleMania was on the building confrontation between Bret and Owen Hart, and RAW debuted to huge ratings in February 1994. IDEAS 1989- Steamboat to NWA from WWF 1990- Valentine to NWA; second incarnation of the Horsemen 1992/3- Vader to WWF 1994- ECW starts to boil[/QUOTE]

I am always working, deleting and then returning to my own little fictional database, called the WrestleVerse. I have never really finished much of it and the contents always change but I have always returned to the project and revived it in some fashion. This time around I am having an immense drive to do something with it but all I need to someone who can make pictures for the wrestlers; like 3D pictures as DAZ|Studio for some asinie reason wont work at all on my computer.

[QUOTE]What If the History of Professional Wrestling turned out drastically different to how we know it today? What if World Championship Wrestling was never bought out by World Wrestling Federation, but instead World Wrestling Federation was bought out by World Championship Wrestling? This question has been asked many a time in the past, but every time the question has been asked, it’s been impossible to answer it. Well, this Diary will indeed try to answer that question for you. We will go back in time and take an in-depth look at how things could have changed if WCW never went out of business. Early 2001 With World Championship on the brink of destruction, AOL Time Warner had no choice but to put the once biggest company in professional wrestling up for sale. WCW’s Main Television Show, Monday Night Nitro was drawing in much lower ratings than what was expected from it. WCW was loosing money fast and was now seen as an un-needed excess by AOL Time Warner. Jamie Kellner (owner of the Turner Broadcasting) deemed WCW as not fitting in with the networks new image; therefore he cancelled all WCW programming on TBS and TNT. Without a Television contract WCW was seen as worthless, which caused a load of potential buyers to pull out of bidding wars for the company. It seemed nobody was interested in buying WCW, until WWF Owner Vince McMahon stepped in and began talking with AOL Time Warner about buying out the once majorly huge wrestling company, WCW. AOL and Vince came to an agreement and Vince was set to buy out WCW. Vince was relieved that he had finally gotten rid of the company that almost sent World Wrestling Federation out of business in the late 90s. But, just at the last minute, before WWF’s purchase of WCW could be completed, another bid for WCW was made. This bid was made by Eric Bischoff’s new financial partners Fusient Media Ventures. Fusient Media Ventures offered a considerably better deal than what WWF originally offered for the purchase of WCW, therefore AOL Time Warner decided to cancel there deal with WWF in favour of excepting the deal made by Fusient Media Ventures. The deal was completed in March of 2001, with Eric Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures getting control of all WCW Contracts, trademarks and video library. But Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures had no Television Deal in place for WCW as AOL Time Warner had cancelled all WCW television programming on there network before the selling of WCW. Mid 2001 Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures cancelled many WCW Superstars contracts, in an attempt to save money due to being on a low budget. Luckily enough Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures tied themselves up a deal with a Pay Per View Network to air 1 Pay Per View on there Network per month. WCW had to do this throughout the months of April – August, due to having no Television Deal in place. Luckily enough for WCW, there pay per views drew in considerably decent buy-rates, good enough to keep the network from ending there monthly pay per view deal. In September 2001, due to there monthly pay per views getting reasonably good buy-rates, Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures tied themselves up a 1 hour weekly television deal with ESPN. The deal stated that the Television Programme would be aired on Thursday’s from 8pm – 9pm. So, with a Television Deal in place Bischoff could re-start building WCW up to the global phenomenon it once was. But with the image of WCW being so low down after not having held shows on a weekly basis for such a long time, the real question was, how long would it take Bischoff to regain WCW’s image with the mainstream wrestling fans and build WCW back up to once again challenge the World Wrestling Federation. Many people doubted that WCW would ever be able to mount a serious challenge to the World Wrestling Federation again but Bischoff was confident that he could do it. Late 2001 – WCW Nitro returns! Eric Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures signed a deal with a considerably small arena on Atlanta, Georgia to hold all of WCW’s Shows there, until they got back to a size big enough where they could begin touring again that is. So, with pretty low productions levels due to there low budget, WCW Nitro was re-launched in September 2001. The re-launch of the weekly WCW Nitro, now on ESPN, was Main Evented by WCW World Champion and fan favourite, Booker T defending his WCW World Championship, which he had held since Nitro’s final airing on TNT back on March 26, 2001, against one of wrestling’s biggest legends, Ric Flair. Booker T came out on top in this contest, but it was they aftermath of the match which really got the fans blood pumping. Through the crowd came former ECW Superstars, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Rhino. They laid a beat down on both Flair and Booker T, attacking them with various different weapons. Due to the fact that ECW had gone out of business in April 2001, many ECW Superstars where without contracts, so Eric Bischoff snapped a few of them up to work for his revamped WCW Promotion. Only 5 Superstars where signed however, them being the 5 that appeared on the re-launch of Nitro. Over the next few months there would be a back and forth war between some of WCW’s top Superstars and the “Extreme Invaders”. This storyline led to an increased amount of interest in the company, drawing in higher ratings for WCW programming due to the fact that many loyal ECW followers where tuning into Nitro every week just to see the former ECW Superstars in action. Mid 2002 The Extreme Invaders Storyline ran from September 2001 to June 2002, with The Extreme Invaders playing the Heel role throughout the storyline despite getting good, face-type pops from the fans. The feud ended at The Great American Bash 2002 in a huge 5 on 5 Elimination Match in the Main Event of the Pay Per View. Representing WCW was former WCW World Champion Booker T, Sting, Ric Flair, Goldberg and Diamond Dallas Page going up against The Extreme Invasion Superstars Rob Van Dam, Rhino, Sandman, Sabu and Tommy Dreamer, where if The Extreme Invaders where to win they would (kayfabe) gain control of WCW. Paul Heyman was in the corner of The Extreme Invaders as he had joined WCW back in October 2001 to take part in the Storyline as the Leader of The Extreme Invaders. Eric Bischoff was in the corner of the WCW Superstars. The WCW Superstars came out on top, with Goldberg being the sole survivor for his team, fighting of 3 other Extreme Invaders Superstars, Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer and Rhino to win the match for WCW. After the feud ended The Extreme Invaders went there separate ways, with Rob Van Dam and Rhino challenging for The WCW United States Championship whilst Sandman and Tommy Dreamer went onto compete for The Hardcore Championship and Sabu began competing in The Cruiserweight Division. Late 2002 Due to the success of The Extreme Invaders Storyline, in July 2002 WCW Nitro was promoted to a 2 hour slot on ESPN, still on Thursday Nights. Eric Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures began to put more money into WCW’s advertising campaign, in an attempt to draw in more viewers. On WCW’s first 2 Hour broadcast of Nitro on ESPN, they drew in a shockingly high rating. Nitro got a 2.9 television rating, whereas WWF Monday Night RAW drew in a 3.8 television rating for there show on the same week. This was considered as a huge success for WCW seeing as prior to moving to 2 hours, there 1 hour timeslot of Nitro was drawing in 2.1 television ratings on average. WCW where moving that one little step closer to the World Wrestling Federation. 2003 By the time 2003 came around WCW Nitro was drawing in an average of a 3.1 television rating every week, whilst WWF RAW was averaging a 3.9 television rating. Eric Bischoff had come to a decision to push a select few of WCW’s younger wrestlers, as most wrestling fans didn’t want to see the same people feuding over The WCW World Championship that they saw doing the same thing seven years ago. Some of the Main Superstars Bischoff decided to push where Lance Storm, Rey Misterio, Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo, Mark Jindrak, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Chris Kanyon in singles competition whilst Air Raid (AJ Styles and Air Paris) and The Three Count (Shane Helms and Shannon Moore) got pushed in the Tag Team Division. These pushes got fans more interested in WCW, as the Main focus of WCW was being taken off of the already highly over, older wrestlers and a lot more focus was being put on the younger more talented wrestlers. The signings of Superstars such as CM Punk and Christopher Daniels also got more viewers interested in WCW as these Superstars where loaded with talent and charisma. Over the period of 2003 these Superstars where given good pushes and by the time of September 2003 many of these Superstars where highly over with the fans. Christopher Daniels made a name for himself by competing in the Cruiserweight Division and getting over there whilst we saw Lance Storm challenge Goldberg for The WCW World Title at Fall Brawl 2003 in a loosing effort. Rey Mysterio also won his first ever WCW United States Championship when he defeated Mike Awesome for the Title at New Blood Rising 2003. Three Count and Air Raid also feuded over The WCW Tag Team Titles throughout late 2003, with the Title switching between them twice. 2004 – The Monday Night Wars return The year 2004 was the big turning point for Eric Bischoff and The Fusient Media Ventures in making WCW one of the biggest promotions in North America once again. As 2004 came around WCW had developed a lot more of there younger Superstars into bigger stars. WCW’s older stars where also putting on some decent feuds in the Main Event Division of the promotion. A Heel Sting and Face Goldberg’s feud over Goldberg’s WCW World Championship drew in some high ratings and there match at SuperBrawl 2004 drew in one of WCW’s biggest buy rates in the company’s history. CM Punk also become possibly WCW’s most over Superstar throughout the year of 2004 due to his feuds with Rob Van Dam, Rey Misterio and Booker T. He also put on considerably one of the greatest matches in wrestling history with Rob Van Dam at The Great American Bash 2004. In 2004 WCW also decided to leave the Nitro Arena and begin touring North America once again and along with there upped production values, production levels to rival that of WWF, WCW began getting more exposure. There advertising campaign was also working a charm seeing as in the first half of 2004 WCW Nitro drew in an average of a 3.7 rating whereas WWF RAW was drawing in an average of a 3.8 rating. In October 2004 ESPN felt WCW Nitro was once again ready to take on WWF RAW head to head, so ESPN moved Nitro from a taped 2 Hour Prime Time slot on Thursdays to a Live 2 Hour Prime Time Slot on Mondays, head to head with RAW! Eric Bischoff had done what everyone thought was impossible, bringing WCW back up to the level of WWF (now renamed World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) after the name WWF was copyrighted by the World Wild Life Fund in Mid 2004). WCW Nitro’s first head to head with WWE RAW went very well, despite them not winning. The news of WCW Nitro returning to Monday Nights to battle against WWE RAW drew a lot of wrestling fans back into the business (according to both Nitro and RAW’s ratings on the night of Nitro’s return to Monday Nights) due to the adrenaline rush many fans got during the Original Monday Night Wars. WWE RAW drew in a 3.7 rating whilst WCW drew in a 3.5 rating. Nitro was headlined by Jeff Jarrett taking on Sting in a Last Man Standing Match for Stings WCW World Championship, a match which would conclude the long feud between Jarrett and Sting. 2005 As 2005 came around WCW had pretty much been dominated in the Monday Night Wars since they re-started in October 2004. It wasn’t until the March 7, 2005 edition of Nitro that all this changed and WCW began taking control in the ratings war. The Main Event of the night was Jeff Jarrett defending his WCW World Championship against Rob Van Dam in a No Disqualification Match. Rob Van Dam was most definitely the most over Superstar in WCW at the time, and received pops like no other. He also brought in the most money from merchandise and was considered the biggest thing in WCW at the time. Rob Van Dam won the Title that night, after a very competitive match. WWE’s WrestleMania was seen as a huge failure as WCW’s monthly Pay Per Views surpassed WrestleMania by a long distance. The Main Event of WrestleMania was seen as a real snore-fest. John Cena won his first ever WWE Championship from JBL, and although Cena was getting over fast with the WWE fans, the match was extremely lacklustre. From the moment Rob Van Dam won The WCW World Title Nitro began dominating in the ratings war and WWE RAW began to decrease in entertainment rapidly, no matter how hard WWE tried to stop this from happening, whilst Nitro’s entertainment and shock value kept increasing each and every week. Fans just seemed to be getting sick of WWE’s predictability. Starrcade 2005 Starrcade 2005 was seen as the biggest Pay Per View in WCW History. They Event took place live from The Cotton Bowl in Dallas Texas, a roofless arena which can hold 76,000 people, which WCW fans filled up, setting an attendance record for both the arena and for WCW. Hulk Hogan made his return to the wrestling world in the weeks leading up to Starrcade to feud with one of WCW’s top up and coming heels, CM Punk. The Match went down as an instant classic as the fans really got into it. The heat CM Punk could draw to himself was incredible and could make any wrestling fan hate him. Hulk Hogan is known throughout the wrestling business as being the fans hero. So this match was the ultimate Face vs. Heel match. CM Punk won the match after hitting The Go to Sleep on Hulk Hogan. This moment played a huge part in catapulting CM Punk straight to the top of the company. Punk even went as far as to spit on Hogan’s lifeless body after the match, to add insult to injury and bring more heel heat on himself. The card was Main Evented by Sting defending his WCW World Championship against Rey Mysterio, a match which would go down in the history books as being one of the greatest ever. Both men gave it all they had to make the match a memorable one. Rey Mysterio came out on top, proving that even the littlest of people can achieve the biggest of things. Other matches included Shane Helms and Shannon Moore ending there lengthy feud after splitting up from there Tag Team the Three Count midway through 2005 to feud with each other. We also saw Sean O’Haire defeat Ric Flair in a feud that had worked wonders in catapulting Sean O’Haire into WCW’s Main Event Scene. Jamie Noble also kept his 1 year 4 month long Cruiserweight Title reign going and Chavo Guerrero won a 5 Man Inverted Ladder Match (known as the StarrMaker Match), where you have to pin an opponent before being eligible to climb the ladder, and claim the Briefcase hanging from the ceiling. The Winner of the match would claim the right to challenge for The WCW World Title whenever they want between Starrcade 2005 and Starrcade 2006. 2006 – The End of a McMahon fuelled Era After the huge success that was Starrcade 2005 WCW where literally slaughtering the World Wrestling Entertainment in the Monday Night Wars. WWE RAW was getting an average weekly television rating of 3.4 whereas WCW Nitro was getting an average weekly television rating of 4.7. WCW were truly dominating WWE in the Monday Night Wars, and WWE where looking a lot like WCW back in 2001, just before AOL Time Warner sold WCW. WWE where on there last legs and Superstars from within WWE where beginning to get sick and tired of the company. Many of them where requesting to leave, due to being mistreated. WWE where just constantly having there already over stars compete in the main event scene, week after week in a desperate attempt to win over fans, but fans had become sick and tired of seeing Triple H win the WWE Championship and where bored of the repetitive antics of John Cena. With WWF’s merchandising sales decreasing rapidly and there television ratings slumping to an all time low of 2.1 on May 8, 2006 whilst WCW Nitro drew in a 5.3 that same night, Monday Night RAW was dropped by TNN. Without a TV Deal and loosing money fast, along with Superstars growing increasingly unhappy, Vince McMahon had no choice but to file for bankruptcy in May 2006. A few weeks prior to filing for bankruptcy, Eric Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures made a bid to buy out WWE. The bid was accepted soon after by Vince McMahon as he no longer had any money, and the WWE had no hopes of surviving. The deal was completed in June 2006, and Eric Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures gained all WWE Superstars contracts, trademarks and video library. Vince McMahon’s all mighty creation had come crashing to the ground at the hands of Eric Bischoff and his WCW, a company which was almost dead a few years back in 2001. Eric Bischoff had done the unthinkable, not only had he brought WCW back up to the global level of the World Wrestling Entertainment, but he had sent WWE crashing and burning into the ground and bought the company out himself. The Invasion! Just 1 month after buying out the World Wrestling Entertainment, Eric Bischoff wrote out a storyline where WWE would invade WCW. Eric Bischoff had all of WWE’s big name Superstars signed; therefore he could put on the biggest storyline in the history of professional wrestling. The invasion started the night after The Great American Bash on WCW Nitro. The Main Event of the night saw a now face CM Punk finally getting his shot at The WCW World Title, after winning a Number One Contenders Match the previous night at The Great American Bash. CM Punk had just connected with The Go to Sleep on WCW Champion Sean O’Haire and was just about to cover him for the win, when to the complete shock of the crowd, WWE Champion Triple H entered the ring and nailed CM Punk with a Pedigree, causing the Disqualification and due to DQ O’Haire kept his WCW World Title. The following week on Nitro CM Punk would come out to the ring, an emotional wreck after loosing his Title Match thanks to Triple H and call out “The Game”. Instead of just Triple H coming out, an army of WWE Superstars lead by Shane McMahon came out and attacked CM Punk. CM Punk was saved by a load of WCW Superstars. The next week Nitro would close with a black and white video of Shane McMahon airing, with McMahon telling the whole world that WWE have began there take over of WCW! The storyline would become one of the biggest things in wrestling history, with us seeing the amazing feud produced by CM Punk and Triple H, along with a truly jaw dropping feud between The Undertaker and Sting. The storyline ran from June 2006 to June 2007, ending at The Great American Bash 2007. The Match to end the feud saw Team WCW (CM Punk, Sting, Goldberg, Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero Jr.) vs. Team WWE (Triple H, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Batista and Edge). Team WCW came out on top, with CM Punk being the sole survivor for his team left to take out 2 other Team WWE Superstars, Triple H and John Cena. After the match there was a huge celebration involving every WCW Superstar flooding the ring. They raised CM Punk high into the air in celebration that he helped WCW to finally get rid of WWE. Late 2007 Prior to the Invasion storyline WCW released many of WWE’s Superstars that they felt they didn’t need, most of them being Main Eventers because WCW felt that if they where to have a load of WWE Main Eventers appear on there shows it would damage the image of the Invasion storyline as there would still be WWE Superstars in WCW, which would make the Invasion storyline look worthless. WCW did however keep a few WWE Superstars that they felt would benefit the promotion. In the months following the Invasion storyline we saw Lance Storm fulfil his life long quest and win his first ever World Title. We also saw a very interesting feud between Chavo Guerrero Jr. and his uncle, Eddie Guerrero (kept by WCW after the Invasion Storyline) and Christopher Daniels’ 1 year 2 month long United States Title reign come to an end at the hands of Chris Benoit (Also kept by WCW after the Invasion Storyline). To end of the year CM Punk finally won The WCW World Title when he defeated Lance Storm for the Title in an epic match at Starrcade 2007, a match many have named the greatest match ever. The year of 2007 came to a close with WCW now firmly at the top of the wrestling world, with nobody to challenge them, pretty much how we know WWE nowadays – as the top wrestling company in the world. Although there is a few company’s around North America which are looking to make a name for them selves. As we enter 2008 CM Punk is at top of the wrestling world as the WCW World Champion and the most over Superstar along with being the most marketable guy currently in the business. Well, now you know how different the Wrestling World would have been if World Championship Wrestling was never bought out by World Wrestling Federation back in 2001, we move onto the next question; how would the wrestling world be without the World Wrestling Entertaining around and instead, in there place World Championship Wrestling. Well, that question will be answered over the course of this Diary, so to find out, you have to read “Wrestling: A Reverse Reality” QUOTE Title History’s WCW World Championship Holder Reign Number Date Won Event Won Booker T 4 March 2001 Nitro Jeff Jarrett 5 November 2001 Mayhem Booker T 5 January 2002 Sin Ric Flair 8 July 2002 Bash at the Beach Sting 7 October 2002 Halloween Havoc Goldberg 2 March 2003 Greed Scott Steiner 2 December 2003 Starrcade 2003 Sting 8 June 2004 Great American Bash Jeff Jarrett 6 October 2004 Nitro Rob Van Dam 1 March 2005 Nitro Sting 9 August 2005 New Blood Rising Rey Mysterio 1 December 2005 Starrcade 2005 Sean O’Haire 1 April 2006 Spring Stampede Chavo Guerrero Jr. 1 September 2006 Fall Brawl Triple H 1 February 2007 Super Brawl Rey Mysterio 2 April 2007 Spring Stampede Lance Storm 1 August 2007 New Blood Rising CM Punk 1 December 2007 Starrcade 2007 WCW United States Championship Holder Reign Number Date Won Event Won Booker T 1 March 2001 Greed Rob Van Dam 1 November 2001 Nitro Diamond Dallas Page 3 February 2002 SuperBrawl Rob Van Dam 2 May 2002 Nitro Vacated Vacated Vacated Vacated Rhino 1 July 2002 Bash at the Beach Shane Douglas 2 September 2002 Fall Brawl Rob Van Dam 3 November 2002 Mayhem Lance Storm 4 March 2003 Greed Rob Van Dam 4 April 2003 Spring Stampede Mike Awesome 1 June 2003 Great American Bash Rey Mysterio 1 August 2003 New Blood Rising Lance Storm 5 October 2003 Halloween Havoc Rey Mysterio 2 November 2003 Mayhem Sean O’Haire 1 March 2004 Greed Rob Van Dam 5 April 2004 Nitro CM Punk 1 June 2004 Great American Bash Rey Mysterio 3 August 2004 New Blood Rising Chavo Guerrero Jr. 1 September 2004 Nitro Mark Jindrak 1 February 2005 SuperBrawl Chavo Guerrero Jr. 2 April 2005 Spring Stampede Booker T 2 June 2005 Great American Bash CM Punk 2 August 2005 New Blood Rising Booker T 3 October 2005 Halloween Havoc Chuck Palumbo 1 February 2006 SuperBrawl Mark Jindrak 2 March 2006 Greed Shane Helms 1 April 2006 Nitro Rob Van Dam 6 May 2006 Slamboree Edge 1 July 2006 Nitro Christopher Daniels 1 October 2006 Halloween Havoc Chris Benoit 1 December 2007 Starrcade 2007 WCW Tag Team Championships Holder s Reign Number Date Won Event Won Palumbo(4)& O’Haire(3) 1 January 2001 Sin The Insiders 3 August 2001 New Blood Rising Sabu and Rhino 1 November 2001 Mayhem Mysterio(4) & Kidman(3) 2 January 2002 Nitro Sandman and Sabu (2) 1 March 2002 Greed Mysterio(5) & Kidman(4) 3 May 2002 Nitro Johnny Stamboli & Big Vito 3 August 2002 New Blood Rising Mysterio(6)and Kidman(5) 4 October 2002 Halloween Havoc Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo 1 December 2002 Starrcade 2002 Sabu(3) and Rhino 2 March 2003 Nitro Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 1 June 2003 Great American Bash AJ Styles and Air Paris 1 August 2003 New Blood Rising Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 2 September 2003 Nitro AJ Styles and Air Paris 2 October 2003 Halloween Havoc Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 3 October 2003 Nitro AJ Styles and Air Paris 3 December 2003 Starrcade 2003 Scott and Rick Steiner 7 March 2004 Nitro Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 4 August 2004 Nitro Mark Jindrak(2) and Chuck Palumbo(4) 1 September 2004 Nitro AJ Styles and Air Paris 4 September 2004 Nitro Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo 2 December 2004 Starrcade 2004 Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 5 April 2005 Spring Stampede Brian Adams and Bryan Clark 3 July 2005 Bash at the Beach AJ Styles and Air Paris 5 December 2005 Starrcade 2005 Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere 1 April 2006 Spring Stampede Sabu(4) and Rhino 3 June 2006 Great American Bash Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury 1 August 2006 New Blood Rising AJ Styles and Air Paris 6 October 2006 Halloween Havoc Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley 1 January 2007 Nitro London and Kendrick 1 March 2007 Nitro Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury 2 May 2007 Nitro AJ Styles and Air Paris 7 June 2007 Great American Bash Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere 2 August 2007 New Blood Rising Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley 2 October 2007 Nitro AJ Styles and Air Paris 8 November 2007 Mayhem WCW Cruiserweight Championship Holder Reign Number Date Won Event Won Shane Helms 1 March 2001 Greed Chavo Guerrero Jr. 3 July 2001 Bash at the Beach Shane Helms 2 October 2001 Halloween Havoc Chris Candido 2 December 2001 Starrcade 2001 Shannon Moore 1 January 2002 Sin Chris Candido 3 March 2002 Greed Shane Helms 3 April 2002 Nitro Crowbar 2 July 2002 Bash at the Beach Shane Helms 4 September 2002 Fall Brawl Rey Mysterio 6 February 2003 Nitro Chavo Guerrero Jr. 4 May 2003 Slamboree Jamie Noble 1 July 2003 Nitro Chavo Guerrero Jr. 5 August 2003 New Blood Rising Jamie Noble 2 October 2003 Halloween Havoc Chris Candido 4 January 2004 Sin Christopher Daniels 1 June 2004 Great American Bash AJ Styles 1 October 2004 Nitro Elix Skipper 2 November 2004 Nitro AJ Styles 2 January 2005 Nitro Jamie Noble 3 March 2005 Nitro Shannon Moore 2 April 2006 Spring Stampede Chris Candido 5 July 2006 Bash at the Beach Jamie Noble 4 August 2006 New Blood Rising Shannon Moore 3 October 2006 Halloween Havoc Elix Skipper 3 December 2006 Starrcade 2006 Super Crazy 1 February 2007 SuperBrawl Shannon Moore 4 March 2007 Nitro Psicosis 3 April 2007 Spring Stampede Shannon Moore 5 June 2007 Great American Bash Jamie Noble 5 September 2007 Fall Brawl Shannon Moore 6 December 2007 Starrcade 2007 QUOTE Starrcade 2007 Date: December 30, 2007 Location: Chicago, Illinois Venue: Soldier Field Attendance: 63,000 • WCW World Championship: CM Punk def. Lance Storm © • Mark Jindrak def. Triple H • Shawn Michaels def. Shawn O’Haire • Sting def. Kane • Eddie Guerrero def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. • WCW United States Championship: Chris Benoit def. Christopher Daniels © • Goldberg def. Edge w/Shane McMahon • Career Threatening Match: Ric Flair def. Kurt Angle • WCW Tag Team Championships: Air Raid © def. London and Kendrick and MNM • WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Shannon Moore def. Jamie Noble © • StarrMaker Match – Inverted Ladder Match (Winner gets a shot at The WCW World Title any time they want between Starrcade 2007 and Starrcade 2008) Shane Helms def. Ken Kennedy, Test, Shelton Benjamin, Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy, Sabu and Rob Van Dam QUOTE Main Event CM Punk |Face| Lance Storm |Anti-USA Heel| Rey Mysterio |Face| Sting |Face| Sean O’Haire |Bad Ass Heel| Chavo Guerrero Jr. |Cheat to Win Heel| Goldberg |Face| Jeff Jarrett |Heel| Rob Van Dam |Face| Ric Flair |Face| Triple H |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Shawn Michaels |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Kurt Angle |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Edge |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Upper Midcard Shane Helms |Arrogant Heel| Christopher Daniels |Satanic/Evil Heel| Mark Jindrak |Italian Blue Chipper Face| Chuck Palumbo |Bad Ass Heel| Mike Awesome |Bad Ass Heel| Booker T |Face| Diamond Dallas Page |Face| Chris Benoit ~Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Eddie Guerrero |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Matt Hardy |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Shelton Benjamin |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Randy Orton |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Kane Former |WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Midcard Shannon Moore |Daredevil Face| Jamie Noble |Trailer Trash Heel| AJ Styles |Daredevil Face| Air Paris |Daredevil Face| Elix Skipper |Arrogant Tweener| Sabu |Face| Rhino |Face| Trent Acid |Extremist Heel| Johnny Kashmere |Extremist Heel| Super Crazy |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Psicosis Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Bubba Ray Dudley |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| D-Von Dudley |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Johnny Nitro |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Joey Matthews |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Paul London |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Brian Kendrick |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Face| Shad Gaspard |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Test |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Ken Kennedy |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Heel| Lower Midcard Kid Romeo |Prima Donna Face| James Yun (set to return soon, teaming with Kaz Hayashi) – Foreign Star Kaz Hayashi (set to return soon, teaming with James Yun) – Foreign Star Sonjay Dutt |Face| Alex Shelley |Face| Johnny Stamboli |Italian Bad Ass Face| Big Vito |Italian Bad Ass Face| Samoa Joe |Set To Debut| Ekmo |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Savage Tweener| Kimo |Former WWE Superstar: Kept after Invasion Storyline|Savage Tweener| Non-Wrestlers Johnathan Coachman Kevin Nash Konnan Jimmy Hart Mike Sanders Shane Douglas Ton Schiavone – Announcer Jim Ross – Announcer Mike Tenay – Colour Commentator Eric Bischoff – Head of Authorities Shane McMahon (manager of The Federation) John Bradshaw Layfield Melina (manager of MNM) Tag Teams Air Raid (AJ Styles and Air Paris) Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley) Backseat Boyz (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere) Samoan Wrecking Crew (Ekmo and Kimo) Jung Dragons (James Yun and Kaz Hayashi) – set to debut soon London and Kendrick Mamalukes (Johnny Stamboli and Big Vito) MNM (Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury) Extreme Initiative (Sabu and Rhino) Mexicools (Super Crazy and Psicosis) Stables The Federation (Edge, Ken Kennedy, Test, and MNM) w/Shane McMahon[/QUOTE] I would like to et started with some help.

I've been praying for a 1994 mod since EWR 4.0 so I personally would love a mod set in December 1993/January 1994. There's so many amazing ideas for storylines from that year that can be done within the WWF to change how the year played out. If I had to choose another I'd say one based off of January 2000 where you can try and revive WCW, and continue the Monday Night Wars battle. You can also try and keep ECW afloat. I think a nice complete mod for that year would be amazing, it really could change everything in the wrestling business from 2001 on.

I think along with a Music one, a Comedy mod could be interesting. Maybe do it Territory Style; so people like Eddie Izzard and Ricky Gervais would be in the UK but have fairly large popularity and comedians (for example) Mike Birbiglia would be part of a New England (born in Boston) with a little bit of popularity (enough for others to want). The way I figure, the brawling stats could be based off of how crude/rude they are. (Lisa Lampanelli for one). The high Flying ones can be the ability to improv (Will Ferrell). Technical abilities would be based on how they can segue into a next joke (Eddie Izzard, Jeff Dunham). Basics are basically their ability to connect with the crowd. What do you all think?

This isn't necessarily a mod idea per se, but has to do with mods, so ... I imported the 2007 DOTT data to 2008 without making any changes, so I would like to do this again once DOTT comes out for '08, but I simmed the game world from 1983 to 1994 and wrote a couple notes down for what I thought was interesting. Clearly it's unfinished and not particularly well thought out, but the idea is there. Everything listed happened in the game (August of '83 was WWE logic personified). So here's a little bit of it ... should I continue?: --- April, 1983: - The WWF has signed three major names to their roster; Hulk Hogan, Jesse Ventura, and Roddy Piper. Hogan and Ventura will both be leaving the AWA to join Vince McMahon's WWF, while Piper will be departing from MACW. All three are expected to make a major impact on the WWF's popularity. Ah, yes, they also signed Michael Hayes. - Giant Baba, in what you could safely say is an unsatisfying start in the new era, has been injured by sustaining a swollen calf muscle in a match against Terry Funk and will need to be out of action for a month. May, 1983: - Legendary trouble-maker Ox Baker has announced his retirement from wrestling. July, 1983: - The WWF held their first pay-per-view from an unknown location in the midwest, the King of the Ring, on Monday of Week 4. Headlined by WWF Champion Bob Backlund defeating villianous foe 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper in a brutal bout which seamlessly mixed both amateur wrestling and all-out brawling. Match of the night honors, however, went to Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant going to a time limit draw with Sgt. Slaughter and Pedro Morales in a match that the fans completely ate up. Other highlights were Don Muraco successfully defending his Intercontinental Title against Ivan Putski, Masked Superstar beat Jimmy Snuka, The Wild Samoans beat The Invaders to retain their WWF Tag Team Titles, and Jesse Ventura gained a pinfall victory over Frankie Williams. August, 1983: - In an upset victory, S.D. Jones has beaten Don Muraco for the WWF Intercontinental Title on Thursday, Week 2. Muraco was gloating around the ring when S.D. ducked a clothesline and rolled him up for the surprise pin. S.D. got a tremendous reaction upon winning, lets hope the WWF pays attention and gives S.D. Jones the spotlight. - Shocking news today, Thursday, Week 3, as Michael Hayes has won the WWF Intercontinental Title in an absolute squash match against S.D. Jones. The match was a complete disaster and no one seemed to know what was going on, but it was obvious that Hayes was being completely unresponive to S.D. Hayes won the match in three minutes with a roll-up, grabbed the Intercontinental Title, and was backstage before the ring announcer finished announcing the victory. - S.D. Jones has been fired by the WWF on Sunday, Week 4. September, 1983: - Ox Baker, apparently bored with retirement, gave a raving, surreal interview the other day on the radio. He took some shots at Thunderbolt Patterson and made numerous threats to Bobby Heenan. Ox left the studio halfway through the interview after being asked a 'stupid question' about his moustache. October, 1983: - Giant Baba continues to get injured as now he has a broken neck. Out for 14 months. - After his recent interview on the radio, Ox Baker was hired by the WWF as a color-commentator. November, 1983: - The WWF have signed Larry Zbyszko, a hacksaw, a snake and a hammer. Zbyszko, Jim Duggan, Greg Valentine and Jake Roberts have all agreed to join Vince McMahon's company; Zbyszko and Valentine have written deals, while Duggan and Roberts are paid per appearance. - Stampede Wrestling stand-out Bret Hart has made his first enemy in the wrestling business, trashing Gama Singh's good name on the radio. On the same show, Ted the Wrestling Bear phoned in and announced it's return to the ring. April, 1984: - Hulk Hogan has won the WWF Championship, defeating Don Muraco on Sunday, Week 2. Hogan, recently only being in tag matches with Andre the Giant, answered an open challenge laid out by Muraco earlier in the show. Hogan won the belt in a squash match and then paraded around the ring, celebrating for a good fifteen minutes after the bell. Live reports say Hogan was the last one to leave the building, still posing with the belt. August, 1984: - Randy Savage has signed a written contract with the WWF. Savage was said to be really, really excited about it. Savage will be leaving ICW at the end of August and will join the WWF in September, looking to go 'immediately after that Intercontinental Title brother, OH YEAAAH!'. November, 1984: - Don Muraco has defeated Hulk Hogan for his second WWF Heavyweight Championship. December, 1984: - Kevin Sullivan was on the radio and declared Hulk Hogan to be a man of dignity, not vanity. He claimed Hogan was feeling depressed about his recent title loss to Don Muraco and felt he needed that extra 'media boost' to energize him into winning the World Title again. June, 1985: - The world of wrestling was shook today as 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes signed a written contract with MACW's top rival, the WWF. No doubt Dusty was upset about his recent loss of the NWA World Heavyweight Title to Ric Flair in May, this will be a tremendous blow to MACW. Rhodes, a 15-time FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion, is excited to be headed north away from 'that damn Ric Flair'. February, 1986: - The WWF has gone on another signing spree, picking up Dino Bravo, Blackjack Mulligan and Jerry Brisco. Bravo and Mulligan have signed written deals, whereas Brisco opted for the pay-per-appearance so that he could still work dates for CWF and MSW and his car shop. March, 1986: - Tito Santana and Jimmy Garvin both leave the WWF; Garvin heads back to GCW full-time and Tito heads north to MLW to work for the Tunneys. Neither were used at WrestleMania, which is surprising given the frequency of burying workers on their way out lately. - Kerry Brown went on a radio show and bad-mouthed Bad News Brown. - Abdullah the Butcher announces to the world that he wants money in the bank, and is now accepting lucrative contract offers. - WCCW have signed Mike Rotundo. - Detroit Championship Wrestling continues to struggle, falling to Small Size. April, 1986: - WWF's WrestleMania 3 on Sunday, Third Week of April shattered all Pay-Per-View records, earning a 6.83 buyrate. Being held at the Winnipeg Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the show was headlined by Don Muraco successfully defending his World Heavyweight Title against Bob Backlund. - The Junkyard Dog has made history by defeating Don Muraco for the WWF World Heavyweight Title. Muraco, a three-time champ, had defended the belt 24 times before losing it to the Dog on Thursday, Week 4. The Dog successfully defended the belt against Ray Stevens later in the week, proving to be a fighting champion. Let's see how long he can carry the gold, eh? - Carlos Colon has signed a written contract with the WWF, leaving behind MSW. - A newcomer from SWCW named Mick Foley has made his in-ring debut, impressively beating another relative newcomer, the 400+lb Yokozuna. A "lifelong fan", Foley debuted in the wrestling world in June of 1985, and it appears that now he's ready to jump in headfirst (literally; you should see this guy in action). Perhaps major things are in store for this young man's future? May, 1986: - Big news as Randy Savage has inherited ICW from his daddy, Angelo Poffo. Savage had recently left the WWF without any solid reasons behind his departure, but now it seems apparent. Savage will now also be leaving the AWA to focus on ICW 100%, and Angelo Poffo will stay on board as the head booker, no doubt helping Savage steer the promotion in the direction he wants it to go. - Road Warrior Hawk has been fired by the WWF for having a major concussion. Hawk had 6 months left until he would be cleared to wrestle again, but the WWF didn't seem to want to pay his medical bills or salary and canned him instead. Road Warrior Animal is now jobbing to Blackjack Mulligan and King Kong Bundy. - Kevin Kelly has left the AWA and looks to remain unemployed for the forseeable future. June, 1986: - Ted DiBiase is infuriating all the big promotions trying to sign him up for the past two years, as he has chosen to remain in MSW. DiBiase was ranked #5 on the Power 100 list of 1985, and so far this year he's held the MSW North American Heavyweight Title since Week 3 of March. Needless to say if DiBiase were to be signed away, it would be a huge blow to MSW. - Bad News Brown trashed Koko B. Ware on a local TV show. - More departures from the WWF as Adrian Adonis has left to focus on his CWF career. Jake Roberts has also left the WWF to join HCW, which is also home to Kamala, Dick Slater, Buddy Rose and a young Shawn Michaels. July, 1986: - Jesse Ventura has defeated Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at the Great American Bash. This is Ventura's first major title victory in the NWA, though he currently also holds the AWA International Title as well. - Kerry Von Erich won the WCCW American Heavyweight Title for a 5th time, approaching his brother Kevin's current record of 9. He defeated Jake 'The Snake' Roberts for the title, who, ironically, defeated Kevin for the title in June. - Big John Studd has returned to the WWF after a brief sabbatical, signing a written contract and is looking forward to a big push. - Bill Alfonso has been caught with marijuana. Whoops. September, 1986: - A horrific injury has befallen WWF star Ivan Koloff, who was involved in a terrible car crash which left him with a semi-severed spinal column. The outcome of this injury looks to be that Koloff will be lucky to even walk, let alone ever wrestle again. April, 1987: - Wrestling living legend Dory Funk Jr. has sustained a serious injury, completely shattering his elbow after a top-rope elbowdrop gone wrong. He is expected to miss at least a year of action, which leads many to assume that the 46 year old Funk will simply announce his retirement from the sport sometime soon. November, 1987: - Big news as Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling has finally reached Global size, and with that behind them, put on one hell of a Starrcade. Headlined by The Assasin successfully defending the title in a classic match against Ric Flair, who had Randy Savage in his corner. Terry Funk was also featured on the show. 7,013 people paid to attend, and Starrcade got a buyrate of 4.54. Not too bad. December, 1987: - Ivan Koloff has officially retired from the ring due to a career-ending injury sustained in September of 1986 when he severed part of his spinal column in a traffic accident. Koloff seemed to be in good spirits at the announcement, but it was obvious he was overwhelmed with emotion from the support of his fans in attendance. In Koloff's last match, he defeated Bob Backlund. January, 1988: - The worst car accident since Ivan Koloff's has occured. Terry Funk was driving recklessly which resulted in a near-fatal accident and a semi-severing of the spinal column, ironically the same injury that ended Koloff's career. Terry Funk is not happy about the news, but plans to keep wrestling anyway. March, 1988: - Stan Hansen has sustained a hernia. I need not say more. April, 1988: - The return to the ring of Dory Funk Jr. occured at the MACW In Your Town event on Sunday, Week 4 in April. Many believed that Dory would never return to the ring again after shattering his elbow almost one year ago exactly. Funk teamed with the One Man Gang to defeat the Urban Cowboys. Dory dedicated the victory to his brother Terry, who is currently rehabiliating a semi-severed spinal column injury. May, 1988: - Hulk Hogan went on the radio and said that Sgt. Slaughter was the worst thing to happen to the business and didn't deserve any success. Also on the show, Davey Boy Smith gave a rare coherent interview and praised Bret Hart to the heavens. October, 1988: - MACW held another successful pay-per-view this month with Halloween Havoc on Sunday, Week 4. In the main event, The Assassin was once again able to escape with the title by barely defeating 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair in an A+ match. Dick Slater got the better of Randy Savage in the semi-main event. Havoc was sold out with 15,000 in attendance, and got a 4.73 buyrate. December, 1988: - Ted DiBiase has won his record 10th MSW North American Heavyweight Championship. He defeated Bob Roop in an A+ match on Sunday, Week 4. Quite a way to ring in the new year. January, 1989: - Stampede Wrestling star Bret Hart has signed a written contract to compete in All Japan Pro Wrestling. This is the first promotion that Hart has wrestled in other than Stampede in his career. Hart will be leaving Stampede at the end of the month and will officially join AJPW in February. Hart said in an interview that he was ready to take the next step in his career and apply his skills in the toughest wrestling region in the world. May, 1989: - After countless injuries, including a broken neck, concussions, two knee ligament injuries, and a swollen calf muscle, AJPW superstar Giant Baba has called it quits. He announced his retirement Friday, Week 3 of May and a grand ceremony is planned to celebrate his legacy. Baba is staying in the wrestling business as a road agent, helping out the young lions and always looking twice before stepping anywhere. December, 1989: - Bret Hart has completed his self-imposed stay in Japan and has signed a written contract with Al Tomko's struggling All-Star Wrestling. No word on why Hart chose ASW, though the Canadian-run promotion is a return to his roots. Time will tell when Hart will decide to join one of the big five promotions, if he ever chooses to go that route. June, 1991: - WWF stars Sgt. Slaughter and Paul Orndorff have decided to form a tag team, settling on the baffling name of 'Hate Crew'. August, 1991: - The WWF has lost one of it's biggest superstars in history as Andre the Giant has not signed a contract extension. Andre has been quoted as saying that he was sick of the hectic schedule of the WWF and wanted to wind his wrestling career down in a smaller promotion, namely Jerry Jarrett's CWA. Andre chose CWA specifically because of old friends like Bruiser Brody, Jimmy Snuka, Tony Atlas and because the promotion has promised his travel paid, limited dates, and some hefty bonuses for those pay-per-view appearances. Andre will officially sign his CWA contract on Thursday of Week 3 in August. April, 1992: - Tragic news today as SWCW star Dino Bravo has been found dead. He was found on Monday, Week 2 by Nikita Koloff unconscious in his hotel room. Bravo was only 43 years old. June, 1992: - Jerry Saggs of the Nasty Boys overdosed and had to be rushed to the emergency room. - Lord Humongous spent thirty minutes of a scheduled forty five minute question-and-answer session at a wrestling convention insulting and taunting Curly Moe, who was also in attendance. Humongous was unprovoked in his verbal assault; many believe that he was just pissed that none of his merchandise was selling. December, 1992: - End of the Year Awards: Wrestler of the Year: Ted DiBiase Young Wrestler of the Year: Keitaro Hatayama Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Dick Slater Female Wrestler of the Year: Jaguar Yokota Promotion of the Year: WWF (10 straight) Most Improved Promotion: Powerful Women of Wrestling Match of the Year: Bob Roop & Ted DiBiase defeated Dick Slater & Larry Zbyszko at MSW Non-Stop Action. Card of the Year: Tuesday Night Titans January, 1993: - Glenn Byrne has opened up Extreme Championship Wrestling in Philadelphia. He announced that Tim White would be the head booker, and had already made three key signings to his rosters; Vampiro, David McLane, and Jonathan Boyd have all agreed to pay-per-appearance deals with the new company. Byrne is said to be thrilled with the opportunities that await him and is very excited to bring a fresh new product into the somewhat stagnant current wrestling market. - Barry Windham has won the GCW Florida Heavyweight Championship for a 5th time, beating Al Madril in an exciting match on Sunday, Week 3. Windham has been laying rather low for the past couple years after being named the #1 wrestler on the 1991 Power 100. - Ted DiBiase is suffering from chronic migranes and has decided to take three months off. October, 1993: - ICW Television Champion Shawn Michaels slurred his way through an interview with a San Antonio radio station, spending most of it discussing his disdain for Randy Savage. As a result, Michaels spent the next two weeks jobbing to Bobby Rodriguez and Pierre Martel. July, 1994: - 30,000 people were witness to Andre the Giant defeating Road Warrior Hawk for the AWA International Title at CWA Rampage on Thursday, Week 4. Andre's victory in a classic bout has revitalized interest in his career.

I just finished watching the WWE DVD on World Class Championship Wrestling....THinking about starting WCCW from the ground up again as a small independent in a current day setting...I will have Kevin Von Erich as the owner and incorporate some of the old timers that are still alive for spot apperences (Skandor Akbar, Abdullah the Butcher, Percy Pringle etc.) and work in as regulars some of the local texas area talent and the 2nd generation stars who have ties to WCCW (Lacey Von Erich, Chad Hart, DJ Pringle)...think it might be a cool idea to see if I could bring a promotion back from the ashes...lol

I was tossing an idea around in my head to try a swing at one of those bizarre unrealistic mods. Inspired by the Ric Flair retirement speech, what would happen if everyone who stepped foot in that rung for that speech (and after) got zapped to the C-verse, age 18 with zero popularity and just enough cash to start their own fed, to which they would be forced (for some reason) to remain loyal (no poaching by the big feds!). I mean... c'mon, I sat through the video of the speech and everyone who showed up, and you'd have a smallish promotion with THIS roster... Ric Flair Triple H Tully Blanchard JJ Dillon Arn Anderson Barry Windham Batista Ricky Steamboat Harley Race Greg "The Hammer" Valentine Dean Malenko Chris Jericho John Cena Ric's Family (Tiffany, Meagan, David, Reid, Ashley) Shawn Michaels The Undertaker* The Big Show** Vince McMahon* How fun would that be to try to see how fast you could push them from ground zero to stardom? * - Showed up after RAW went off-air ** - stepped up on the apron and leaned over the ropes to give Flair a man-hug ALSO: I mean, seriously... who'd of thought that THIS would be the superstar he turned into? [IMG]http://calendrae.com/TEW/Ric%20Flair.jpg[/IMG]

Archived