what the best football sim to get as of today?

jbmagic

[QUOTE=Marc Vaughan]If you're not a soccer fan then that can sometimes be the case - although often it isn't ... it takes time to pick up the basics of the sport and get your head around things. On the brighter side for people who aren't soccer fans, we've released NHL EHM (Hockey Sim) and are working with Markus on a new version of OOTP (baseball) .... Hope this helps, Marc PS. Previous summary of the situation with Eidos & SI is correct, Eidos kept the name, SI kept our database and all game code ... Eidos are creating a brand new game which they'll use the CM name on, FM has just been released and appears to be doing fairly well so far.[/QUOTE] Throw in some 2D graphics in OOTP7! :) Also please....PLEASE dont let the SI/OOTPD "merger" put contraints on how customization is done in OOTP(6). I love OOTP as it is and would hate to see features left out just because of an MLB license (assuming that happends). If anything add a CATOBASE type feature. OOTP6 is an awesome game and I dont even like baseball all that much but I get afraid when there is talk about league licenses because it can destroy a game (at least for the fictional world players-like me). Another example is EA Sports Madden Football (esp for the PC). Features are added then removed only to be added a year later or so and then be called "new" again. Not saying that the "text" genre will start pulling stunts like this but if they did, they would lose alot of customers. Just my 2 cents Marc. :) NOTE: I am [U]not [/U] implying that SI will make OOTP a bad game but I am abit leary.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Marc Vaughan]If you're not a soccer fan then that can sometimes be the case - although often it isn't ... it takes time to pick up the basics of the sport and get your head around things. On the brighter side for people who aren't soccer fans, we've released NHL EHM (Hockey Sim) and are working with Markus on a new version of OOTP (baseball) .... Hope this helps, Marc PS. Previous summary of the situation with Eidos & SI is correct, Eidos kept the name, SI kept our database and all game code ... Eidos are creating a brand new game which they'll use the CM name on, FM has just been released and appears to be doing fairly well so far.[/QUOTE] Actually, I like soccer. The game just honestly seems too overwhelming to me when I've tried it. Don't get me wrong, FM 2005 looks absolutely beautiful and I just might get it when I have alot of time to really learn the game. It's just not a game I can pick up and start playing comfortably right away. Todd

Archived