MPWF: Lucha's Third Wave

[I]'Lucha's Third Wave' by Karl Kitsch[/I] With the difficulties implicit in being a non- Spanish speaking lucha libre fan in the U.S., it is difficult to pinpoint exactly when the third wave of lucha libre truly began. Since the majority of DVDs are filled with multiple matches from multiple shows from multiple promotions, months and even years can be hard to determine. What most lucha fans will tell you, though, is that MPWF's third era began with the hiring of El Aguila Americano Jr. in December of 2007. That is where and when MPWF began it's strongest period in years.

El Aguila Americano II: "Was I nervous? What do you think! I was a fresh out of camp rookie wrestling in a foreign country under the mask of one of the most respected luchadores, maybe ever. So yeah, I was nervous. El Hijo Del Mephisto: "It was only the most important show of my life, right! I mean there I was, taking Mephisto's place in MPWF and debuting alongside the new Aguila Americano, Barbaro, and Fantasma, in Tijuana. We all knew something special was going on." Domino: "Was it the most creative idea in the world, resurrecting the original four gimmicks? No. Was it the best idea I could come up with? Pretty much." Karl Kitsch: "So, on that night in January, MPWF retook it's position as lucha libre's most exciting company. Who knew were it would go from there?"

Archived