TNA Signs All Japan pro Wrestler to 2 year deal.

mike b

[QUOTE=mike b;490985][url]http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=19895[/url] Anyone know who he is i dont follow All Japan that much but he must be pretty good if TNA wants him for 2 years[/QUOTE] I got excited when I clicked on the link and saw [I]Don West fired[/I], but then saw the sentance ended with...[I]from his radio gig[/I]. :(

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;491121]I got excited when I clicked on the link and saw [I]Don West fired[/I], but then saw the sentance ended with...[I]from his radio gig[/I]. :([/QUOTE] I think his days of sitting out front are numbered at this point. TNA likes to stick loyal to people who have been long term with the company, so i can see him doing much the same as JB or an increased Don West Power Sales section or something, but with Frank Trigg and Mick Foley in the company... (if he stays more than 6 months that is..) i cant see him lasting calling matchs do you? Frank Trigg in the ring.. thats amusing. He's actually pretty good on the mic tho.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;493479]I'm curious, what is it about Don West's color commentary that people don't like? I find him no better or worse than his counterparts in WWE to be honest. While Tenay conveys a knowledgable, consistent delivery, that voice just grates on my nerves.[/QUOTE] For me, it's a matter of West feeling miscast. I think he should be counterpart to Jeremy Borash. You use Borash for interviews when you want a straight man and West when you want a more "controversial" interview and the possibility of some heel pounding him into powder. He just seems too frenetic and out of his intellectual league paired with Tenay. The Professor has been my boy since WCW and he deserves better than Don West. Personally I'd like to see the book knowledge of Tenay paired with ring experience. Say a Kevin Nash or a Mick Foley. The point/counterpoint between what can be studied vs what has to be felt could make for some really good commentary. Not to mention the comedic possibilities if you got some with a sense of fun like Nash and especially Foley are known for.

Archived