Tips for pleasing the crowd

I've run several cards with mostly 4 & 3 star fights that the crowd didn't like and resulted in a loss of popularity. These shows often have either no 1 star fights or at the most just one. Even a few cards with a 5 star fight didn't please the crowd. Conversely, I've had shows that I didn't think did too well with maybe one 4 star fight, a few 3s and a couple of 2s and these shows did well with the crowd and allowed me to gain popularity.

Also, the more fights you have the harder it is to please the crowd. I usually stick to no more than 8 fights on my PPVs. Make sure those 4-5 star fights are the co and main-events, or closer to those spots. It seems like the crowd expect the first to be the worse and get better as the night progresses.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I'm personally not sure about is whether crappy fights add or detract from an otherwise excellent card. If I have a fight card with 5 excellent matchups on it, will the overall rating for the card drop if I add some less than impressive undercard fights between newbies or has-beens?

Archived