Southeastern Championship Wrestling

A little back story here... I graduated college. With an accounting degree. Worked in a CPA firm for two years before I decided that I hated taxes, hated bookkeeping and hated auditing. After a two tear stint there, I made the move and opened my own company. I saw an opening in the market and started a weekly entertainment based newspaper. Flash forward 10 years... Now the company that I started was the owner of 12 different weekly entertainment newspapers. We had done well for ourselves. You know the kind of papers I'm talking about. They are found in bars and clubs. The goal is to make you laugh and find out where the cheapest drinks are each night. We sponsored and promoted events in the different bars that we dealt with. I had also convinced my shareholders (best friend and brother) to start a monthly magazine a few years ago that would focus on wrestling in the southeast. We had reached a point now in the company that we were flush with cash and could now branch out even further. I had been a wrestling fan my entire life. When you grew up in North Carolina, there was no WWE. There was no Hulk Hogan. There was only one, Jim Crockett Promotions. I was there the night that Ric Flair landed in the helicopter in Memorial Stadium. I watched the Road Warriors throw Jim Cornette off of the scaffold at Starrcade 86. I made fun of my brother when he hung a poster of the Rock N Roll Express on the wall. I was a fan of the horseman as they fought with Dusty, Wahoo, Magnum and Ronnie Garvin. I thought Precious and Baby Doll were the hottest women I had ever seen. I was a fan! I knew a lot of the workers and people in the business from the magazine. I approached the board with a little trepidation as I made my proposal for this. My instincts had been right in the past but I wasn't sure how they would feel about this. I knew that some of them had been fans in their childhood, but I wasn't sure how they would feel about moving into this new business Board Room for Carolina Publications “Gentleman, we have just heard from out CFO about the business and our cash position. The time has now come for us to expand into new areas. We have done well in the print industry. We have done well promoting events and selling advertising. We have done well selling a magazine about professional wrestling. My suggestion is to marry these three revenue streams into our next venture. Southeastern Championship Wrestling! Gentleman, it is my pleasure to introduce you to two men that can make this dream come true.” I buzzed the secretary and told her to let the two gentleman in. “Gentlemen, this is Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jim Cornette.” The board obviously had questions about this new business. After a 30 minute question and answer period, I introduced the next two people to the board. They were representatives from Sports South and The Sunshine Network. Both networks had agreed to televise our weekly event on Thursday nights. In the end, we decided to go on with this venture. In the beginning, we would only promote shows in the cities that we had papers in. That way we would be able to promote the shows in our publications. We would also be able to promote the publications at the shows. It was also made very clear that they were not going to fund a losing venture forever. Jim, Roddy and myself then went on a worldwide tour to find the performers that would make this venture a success. Within 2 months we had signed on some of the greatest workers in the world. Andrew Martin, La Parka, Steve Corino, Matt Weiss, Vampiro, Colt Cabana, Masato Tanaka, Doug Williams, Elijah Burke, Mark Magnus, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Nigel McGuinness, Shannon Moore, Chris Hero, C W Anderson, Scoot Andrews, Ricky Landell, Ted Dibiase, Ted Dibiase Jr, Lizmark Jr, TJ Mack, Krazy K, Kevin Steen, Lodi, Jerrelle Clark, Mikey Batts, Dropkick Murphy, Sterling James Kennan, Billy Dalton, Tony Schiavone, Amber O Neal, Krissy Vaine, Don Callis and Abdullah the Butcher. We had what I felt was a great roster for the start of the company. Now all we had to do was actually put on a show that would bring back the fans of the south that had been turned off by TNA and WWE.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is the roster as we move to the first ever show of SECW [B]Main Event Face[/B] Andrew Martin La Parka [B]Main Event Heel[/B] Steve Corino Vampiro Luther Weiss (the former Luther Reigns) [B]Upper Midcard Face[/B] Colt Cabana Masato Tanaka Elijah Burke Doug Williams [B]Upper Midcard Heel[/B] The Sultan (formerly Mark Copani) Roderick Strong Davey Richards [B]Midcard Face[/B] Jay Briscoe Mark Briscoe Nigel McGuinness Shannon Moore [B]Midcard Heel[/B] Chris Hero CW Anderson Scoot Andrews Ricky Landell Ted Dibiase Jr [B]Lower Midcard Face[/B] Lizmark Jr [B]Lower Midcard Heel[/B] Krazy K (Kirby Mack) TJ Mack Kevin Steen Lodi [B]Enhancement Talent[/B] Mikey Batts Michael Murphy Jerrelle Clark Sterling James Kennan [B]Occasional Wrestler[/B] Abdullah the Butcher [B]Managers[/B] Ted Dibiase- Manager of the Extreme Horseman Don Callis- Manager of Luther Weiss [B]Announcers[/B] Tony Schiavone Jim Cornette [B]Personalities[/B] Krissy Vaine Amber O Neal Rowdy Roddy Piper

township Township Auditorium, Columbia, SC In the locker room before the show begins “Gentleman, I want to welcome you all to the first night of SECW. We are going to put on the greatest professional wrestling show in the world. Many of you have worked in Orlando and in Connecticut. Many of you have seen what happens when the booking of a show is not done well. I promise all of you that we will give each and every one of you the tools to not only survive in this business but also to shine. One last thing. I am not a person that craves the spotlight. You will never see me acting like Vince and Jeff, putting myself over. That spotlight belongs to you. You never will worry about me making myself a David Arquette like champion. Go out there, have a good time, entertain the fans and put on a hell of a show!”

[CENTER]logo township tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] SECW Thursday Night Tuesday May 2007 Week 1 Township Auditorium, Columbia SC The show begins with the camera on Tony Schiavone and Jim Cornette ringside at the announce desk with the Southern Heavyweight Title in front of them. “Jim Cornette, tonight wrestling history is made. We are here in Columbia SC at the Township Auditorium. A location that has seen it's share of memorable wrestling shows. Tonight Columbia plays host to the first ever event by Southeastern Championship Wrestling!” “That's right, Scott. Tonight is the beginning of a new generation of professional wrestling. Gone will be the times of cartoon characters and constant angles that the kids can't watch. Tonight it's wrestling the way you love it, the way you remember it.” At that time, bagpipes begin to play as Commissioner Rowdy Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring. “Ladies and Gentleman of South Carolina, are you ready for the greatest show ever held. It's SECW Thursday night here in Columbia, SC. Home of the game****s!” (Cheap Pop) “Tonight we will start the journey to crown the first ever Southern Heavyweight Champion. Tonight, we will have a 25 man battle royal. The winner of that match will get a guaranteed spot in the semi finals of the tournament. Once again, thank you for helping us make history tonight!” B- [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] The camera moves to the back of the arena where a limo pulls up and shows the Extreme Horseman getting out. Ted Dibiase, Ted Dibiase Jr, Steve Corino, Rickly Landell and CW Anderson make their way into the arena. C [CENTER]don callisluther weiss[/CENTER] The camera then moves to the ring where Don Callis and his client Luther Weiss are in the ring. “Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to the biggest, baddest monster in professional wrestling. The one, the only Luther Weiss. We are not here for glory. We are here for gold. Not the championship type. The type that goes jingle jangle all the way to the bank. I want to announce that Don Callis incorporated in officially open for business. No wrestler is too big! No wrestler is too bad! No fee is to big! We will take out anyone for a price!” C- [CENTER]shannon moorejerrelle clark[/CENTER] In the first match of the evening, Shannon Moore defeats Jerrelle Clark in 4 minutes with a Mooregasm. D

In the main event of the evening, the battle royal is held to give one man a bye into the semi finals of the Southern Heavyweight championship Tournament. The entrants in the match are Andrew Martin, La Parka, Steve Corino, Matt Weiss, Vampiro, Colt Cabana, Masato Tanaka, Doug Williams, Elijah Burke, Mark Magnus, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Nigel McGuinness, Chris Hero, C W Anderson, Scoot Andrews, Ricky Landell, Ted Dibiase Jr, Lizmark Jr, TJ Mack, Krazy K, Kevin Steen and Lodi. [CENTER]andrew martinla parkasteve corinoluther weiss vampirocolt cabanamasato tanakadoug williams elijah burkeThe SultanRoderick Strongdavey richards jay briscoemark briscoenigel mcguinnesschris hero CW Andersonscoot andrewsricky landelllizmark jr tj mackkevin steented dibiase jr[/CENTER] As the entrants make their way to the ring Ted Dibiase Sr walks over to Don Callis and whispers in his ear. They shake hands and Callis makes his way to Luther Weiss and gives him instructions. The match begins when all 25 men are in the ring. The Extreme Horseman make their way into one corner and stand there watching the battle taking place in the ring. Andrew Martin, Steve Corino, The Sultan, C W Anderson, Ted Dibiase Jr, The first elimination is Scoot Andrews who is thrown out by Doug Williams. Luther Weiss throws out both TJ Mack and Krazy K at the 4 minute mark. Lodi is thrown out by the The Briscoe Brothers at the 5 minute mark. Nigel McGuinness then eliminates Jay Briscoe. Vampiro and Roderick Strong are battlling and eliminate each other at the 8 minute mark. Andrew Martin then goes on a rampage and eliminates Chris Hero, Kevin Steen and Lizmark Jr within 2 minutes of each other. The Sultan throws Mark Briscoe out of the ring at the 11 minute mark. After the 18 minute mark, eliminations come fast. Elijah Burke is thrown over by Colt Cabana. Davey Richards is thrown over by Masato Tanaka. La Parka is thrown out by Andrew Martin. Luther Weiss throws out Nigel McGuinness. Masato Tanaka is eliminated by Andrew Martin. Colt Cabana is eliminated by all of the Extreme Horseman. As Ricky Landell from the Horseman turns around, Doug Williams drills him and throws him over the top rope. Steve Corino goes over and whispers into the ear of Luther Weiss. Luther Weiss goes after Doug Williams, beats him to a pulp and then throws him over the top rope, through the announcer table. Luther Wiess then follows him over the top rope and continues to beat him until security can pry him off. This leaves the three extreme horseman as well as The Sultan and Andrew Martin in the ring. The Horseman go after The Sultan first and eliminate him. Andrew Martin then eliminated Ted Dibiase Jr, only to follow him over the top rope 10 seconds later. CW Anderson and Steve Corino stare each other down for a few seconds before Steve Corino points to the ropes, telling CW Anderson to eliminate himself. CW looks ready to fight it out before Ted Dibiase Sr comes down and yells at CW to get him out of the ring. The camera stays on CW face as he walks out of the arena, ending the show. C- Final Show Rating- D Attendance- 5,000

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B]From SECW.com[/B] Don't miss the next episode of SECW Thursday night as the tournament to crown the first Southern Heavyweight Champion will continue. Also Roddy Piper has promised to address Steve Corino and Luther Weiss about their actions in the Battle Royal last week.

[CENTER]logo independence[/CENTER] May 2007 Week 2 SECW Thursday Night In a dark match, Michael Murphy defeated Mikey Batts in 8 minutes. [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The show begins with the camera on Tony Schiavone and Jim Cornette ringside at the announce desk with the Southern Heavyweight Title in front of them. “Jim Cornette, last week we saw Steve Corino buy his way into the semi finals of the tournament. We saw Don Callis sell the services of his monster Matt Weiss and help the Extreme Horseman get their man into the semi finals.” “That's right Scott. Sometimes it's the smartest man that wins in this business. I see nothing wrong with what he did. It's the free market society here in America. There was a demand for a service, a buyer for the service. Steve Corino got what he wanted and Don Callis and Matt Weiss made a quick little profit.” [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] At that point the bagpipes begin to play and Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring “Ladies and Gentleman, once again welcome to SECW Thursday Night. Our first order of business is the Southern Heavyweight Title Tournament.” At this point a graphic appears on the screen showing the pairings for the quarterfinals of the tournament. La Parka vs. Vampiro The Sultan vs. Colt Cabana Andrew Martin vs. Masato Tanaka “As you can see, there are two distinct ommissions from that list. Steve Corino, you won the battle royal last week. Never let anyone say I am not a man of my word. These six men are all trying to get in the ring with you in the semifinals. You have your spot in the semi finals. However, you are not going to have an easy road. I am going to make sure that you have to fight your way into the semi finals. By the way, your spot is up for grabs in each match. If you loose to any of them, you are out of the tournament.” “Now on to other business. I have to report that Doug Williams suffered a concussion last week at the hands of Luther Weiss. He also suffered from 4 broken ribs and will be out of action for the next 6 weeks. Luther Weiss, you and Don Callis are suspended from action here for the next 6 weeks. I can't say anything about you taking money from the Horseman. There is no rule against it, it has happened in this business before. I do take issue with you for your reckless and violent attack on Doug Williams and the security force here at SECW. Ladies and gentleman enjoy the show!” C+ [CENTER]nigel mcguinnessSterling Keenan[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Nigel McGuinness defeated Sterling James Kennan in 6 minutes with a Tower of London. After the match, Nigel grabbed the ring microphone. “Luther Weiss, Don Callis! You had better be glad that Piper sent you packing to whatever hell you came from. Piper, I want to challenge you! Let them back in time for the May Supershow. Let me have a crack at Luther Weiss in a cage. Atlanta GA you are going to be in for a treat that night! Me, The Pride of the Motherland! The maniacal Monster Luther Weiss! Piper, prove to be the man that you have always claimed to be and let me avenge this ruthless attack! Match- C Promo- B [CENTER]ted dibiase jrted dibiasericky landell CW Andersonsteve corino[/CENTER] The camera then moves to the back where the Horseman are watching a monitor. CW Anderson looks at Ted Dibiase. “What the hell, Ted? I leave the ring, give Steve the win and now I'm not even in the tournament!” Ted looks at him for a moment before turning to the entire group. “Listen and listen to this well. We had a plan. World Champion, Steve. TV champion, you. Tag champs, Ricky and Teddy. We are not going to veer from this plan. At all!” After listening to Dibiase, CW looks at the whole group and leaves the room. Ted looks over at Corino who has been staring at the floor the whole time and says “Come on champ, let's go see what Piper has lined up for us now.” [CENTER]steve corinoAbdullah[/CENTER] In the second match of the evening, Steve Corino kept his spot in the semifinals by defeating Abdullah the Butcher in a surprisingly clean match. The match lasted 10 minutes with Corino winning with an Old School Expulsion. C- [CENTER]vampirola parka[/CENTER] In the first quarterfinal match, La Parka defeated Vampiro in 9 minutes with a chair shot. C [CENTER]The Sultancolt cabana[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening, The Sultan defeated Colt Cabana to advance in the Title Tournament in 14 minutes with a camel clutch. C Final Rating-C

Out of Character Camp Cornette: The thing about the World Champion/Southern Champion was a typo. The thing where Cornette calls Tony Scott was on purpose. I wanted to make Cornette into a character where he is a lot like the real Jim Cornette. Doesn't know and doesn't care who is talking to. He makes his point and doesn't spend the time to learn the names of who is talking to. I was hoping someone would pick up on that. I didn't think it would be this soon! BTW- after the second show Vampiro got into a fight! Now Back into character

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B]From SECW.com[/B] Southeastern Championship Wrestling is proud to announce that we have come to terms with The Rock and Roll Express! (This was done as a rib on my brother). We have also come to terms with former NWA TV Champion, Tully Blanchard. Tully will assist in backstage and training duties. [CENTER]ricky mortonrobert gibsontully blanchard[/CENTER]

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B]From SECW.com[/B] Don't forget this Thursday on Sports South and The Sunshine Network we will be continuing the Southern Heavyweight Tournament. Also Commissioner Piper has said that Steve Corino will be forced to fight each week to keep his spot in the tournament.

[CENTER]logo [B]May Week 3 Spartanburg SC[/B] spartanburg[/CENTER] The Briscoe Brothers beat Mikey Batts and Jerrelle Clark in a dark match. D+ [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The show begins with the camera on Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette ringside at the announce desk with the Southern Heavyweight Title in front of them. “Jim Cornette, tonight we are going to see three matches for the Southern Heavyweight Tournament. Last week we saw a tremendous amount of action. This is the only program on television that shows fans the best in wrestling each week. Not a lot of watered down interviews and backstage soap opera.” “That's right Larry. Also don't forget, we still have an unhappy Horseman in the house with CW Anderson. It's SECW Thursday night. Wrestling the way you like it. The way you remember it.” [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] As the familiar bagpipes begin to play, Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring. “Ladies and Gentleman. Let me be the first to welcome the city of Spartanburg to SECW. Tonight we are going to see the next round of the Southern Heavyweight Tournament. Tonight, we will see the final quarterfinal match for The Southern Heavyweight Title. Also, Steve Corino will defend his spot in the semifinals. Now on to other business. Last week Nigel McGuinness asked me to allow him to take his revenge on Luther Weiss and Don Callis. Nigel, I always give the fans what they want. At the May Supershow in Atlanta, GA, you will get Luther Weiss in a cage. Also that night we are going to have 3, count 'um, 3 three way dances to decide to top contenders to the TV Title. Add those matches into the finals of the Southern Heavyweight Title, you have got a hell of a show!” C+ After Thursday Night comes back from commercial, a video message is played. “In 6 weeks, the Past becomes the Present! [CENTER]lizmark jrRoderick Strong[/CENTER] In the first match of the night Roderick Strong defeated Lizmark, Jr in 8 minutes with a stronghold. C- [CENTER]elijah burkelodi[/CENTER] In the secon match of the night, Elijah Burke defeated Lodi in 10 minutes with the Elijah Experiment. C- [CENTER]ted dibiasericky landellsteve corinoted dibiase jr[/CENTER] Three of the Horseman, along with Ted Dibiase begin to make their way to the ring. Corino stands in the ring awaiting the arrival of his competitor for the night. While the Horeseman are waiting, the bagpipes begin to play. [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] Commissioner Piper makes his way to the ring. “You know, Steve. I had you go up against Abdullah last week. I had to find someone bigger and badder for you to go against. He may be a bit past his prime, he may be a little slower than he was, but his is still big, he is still bad, he is still King Kong Bundy. [CENTER]king kongsteve corino[/CENTER] After 7 minutes of wild brawling all over the arena in which Referee Billy Dalton was knocked out, King Kong Bundy sits on top of Steve Corino. CW Anderson makes his way to the ring and hits Bundy with a chair. He puts Corino on top of Bundy and then puts Billy Dalton back in the ring to make the count. C [CENTER]CW Anderson[/CENTER] After the bell rings, CW takes the ring microphone. “Steve, I didn't do that for you. Ted, I didn't do this for any plan that you came up with. I did this because I am a Horseman. I know what that means. Horseman are for life.” [CENTER]masato tanakaandrew martin[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening Andrew Martin defeated Masato Tanaka in 15 minutes with a TKO. D+ Final Rating- C- The show had an audience of 1.59 on Sports South and 1.28 on The Sunshine Network when it aired.

I really don't like Corino needing help to beat King Kong Bundy. For a top heel, barely getting past Bundy doesn't seem right. Test bothers me as a main eventer. Have I said that? I think Elijah Burke could turn out to be your "diamond in the rough" so to speak in terms of star power and The Briscoes will probably run the tag team scene. Dibiase Jr. is the future of your diary and I don't know how long he'll play second fiddle to the aging Corino.

[CENTER]logo North Charleston[/CENTER] [B]May Week 4 North Charleston Coliseum [/B] In a dark match Lodi defeated Mikey Batts with a sign buster in 8 minutes. [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The show begins with the camera on Scott Hudson and Jim Cornette ringside at the announce desk with the Southern Heavyweight Title in front of them. “Jim Cornette, tonight we are going to see the semi finals of the Southern Heavyweight Tournament. Steve Corino vs. La Parka and The Sultan vs. Andrew Martin. "Well said Brain! It's SECW Thursday night. Wrestling the way you like it. The way you remember it.” The Bricoes defeated Team Maction when Jay pinned TJ following a Jay Drill after 12 minutes C- After Thursday Night comes back from commercial, a video message is played. “In 5 weeks, the Past becomes the Present! I was trained by the best. Manipulated by the worst! Now it is time to bring wrestling back! [CENTER]andrew martinThe Sultan[/CENTER] Andrew Martin defeated The Sultan 20 minutes D+ after big boot. [CENTER]steve corinoted dibiasericky landellCW Andersonted dibiase jr[/CENTER] Steve Corino and the rest of the Horseman make their way to the ring for Corino's match against La Parka. [CENTER]steve corinola parka[/CENTER] Steve Corino defeated La Parka in 18 minutes with a Northen Lights Bomb. After the match was over, the Horseman celebrated in the ring with Corino sans CW Anderson. CW made his way back to the locker room by himself. [CENTER]krissy vaineamber o neal[/CENTER] Krissy Vaine and Amber O Neal ran down the card for the May Supershow coming up this Saturday in Atlanta.

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B]From SECW.com[/B] [CENTER]Final Card for May Supershow in Atlanta, GA steve corinoandrew martin[/CENTER] Steve Corino vs. Andrew Martin for the Southern Heavyweight Title in a cage [CENTER]luther weissnigel mcguinness[/CENTER] Luther Weiss vs. Nigel McGuinness in a special grudge match in a cage [CENTER]The Sultanla parka[/CENTER] The Sultan vs. La Parka in a number one contenders match [CENTER]colt cabanaelijah burkeRoderick Strong davey richardsshannon moorechris hero CW Andersonlizmark jrkevin steen[/CENTER] There will also be three three way matches to determine the top three contenders to the Southern TV Title.

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]May Supershow[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER]Atlanta, GA[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Alexander Memorial Coliseum alexander Roddy piper[/CENTER] The show began with Roddy Piper in the ring. “Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the May Supershow right here on the campus of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, GA. We have three three way dances to determine the finalists for the Southern Television Championship. Nigel McGuinness gets his special grudge match against Don Callis and Luther Weiss. The Sultan will take on La Parka in a number one contenders match. The winner will get a shot at either Steve Corino or Andrew Martin at our June Supershow. Speaking of that our main event for tonight will be Steve Corino taking on Andrew Martin for the Southeastern Heavyweight Championship. Enjoy the show!” [CENTER]lodiscoot andrews[/CENTER] In the opening match, Lodi defeated Scoot Andrews in 5 minutes with a SignBomb. E [CENTER]lizmark jrCW Andersonkevin steen[/CENTER] In the first three way match of the night, CW Anderson defeated Kevin Steen and Lizmark, Jr in 7 minutes when he pinned Lizmark Jr following a Spinebuster. C- [CENTER]Roderick Strongelijah burkecolt cabana[/CENTER] In the second three way match of the night, Roderick Strong defeated Colt Cabana and Elijah Burke in 10 minutes when he pinned Colt following a Death by Roderick. C [CENTER]shannon moorechris herodavey richards[/CENTER] In the final three way match of the night, Shannon Moore defeated Chris Hero and Davey Richards in 11 minutes following a Mooregasm. C A video message is played: The Past becomes the Present. I was trained by the best, manipolated by the worst. In 5 weeks, I bring Wrestling back! [CENTER]luther weisskrissy vainedon callis[/CENTER] Luther Weiss and Don Callis are interviewed by Krissy Vaine about their match tonight with Nigel McGuinness. “Hey, there cupcake. Let me let you in on a secret. Nigel, what we did to your special friend is nothing compared to what my monster is going to do to you inside the cage tonight. How many times have we kicked the British out of this country? Add one more to the list tonight! Mate!” [CENTER]la parkaThe Sultan[/CENTER] In the number one contenders match, The Sultan defeated La Parka in 14 minutes with a Camel Clutch. D+ [CENTER]ted dibiasesteve corinoamber o neal[/CENTER] Steve Corino and Ted Dibiase are interviewed by Amber O Neal about his upcoming match with Andrew Martin. “It doesn't matter who I go up against, The Horseman always come out on top.” After that, Corino walks into the locker room. Dibiase stays and finishes the interview. “Listen Amber, the champ is ready and cannot wait to destroy someone like Andrew Martin. Someone that couldn't cut it in Stamford. What makes you think you can come down here and do a damn thing!” “Mr. Dibiase, what can you tell us about CW Anderson?” “I am tired of these same old questions, week after week. No one wants to talk about how the Horseman are going to bring home the gold tonight. No one wants to talk about how the first Southern Heavyweight is going to be around the waist of the Horseman. CW is a happy horseman. CW Anderson is going to be the next TV Champion.” [CENTER]krissy vaineandrew martin[/CENTER] Andrew Martin is interviewed by Krissy Vaine about his match tonight against Steve Corino. “You know Krissy, this is my chance to put my name in the history of this great sport. Put my name in for something other than being the one that being forced to propose to the bosses daughter. Tonight I win, the Southern Heavyweight Championship! No more jokes about how I can't lead a promotion. No more jokes about how I don't belong in main event matches. No more kids on the internet talking about how I don't belong in the ring. Tonight I silence everyone!” [CENTER]luther weissdon callisnigel mcguinness[/CENTER] Luther Weiss and Don Callis make their way to the cage for their match with Nigel McGuinness, who is already in the cage. As they are coming down the aisle, Nigel gets on the ring microphone. “Tonight, I dedicate this match to Doug and to the Motherland.” Luther Weiss makes Nigel tap out in 16 minutes. C Don Callis grabbed the microphone after the match. “Once again, to everyone in the back, Don Callis Incorporated is open for business. No opponent is too big, no fee is too big. Also, DCI is looking to expand. The key to staying in business is too continue to expand. I am watching. When I see the right monster, I am going to make someone's career.” [CENTER]ted dibiasesteve corinoandrew martin[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening, Steve Corino defeated Andrew Martin in 25 minutes. The referee was knocked out of the ring after the 19 minute mark. Ted Dibiase, Ted Dibiase Jr, Ricky Landell and CW Anderson all took turns pounding on Andrew Martin. Finally, La Parka comes to the ring with a chair running the extra horseman off. Roddy Piper came down and made the final 3 count as Corino covered Martin for the win. C

[CENTER]logo bayfront [B]SECW Thursday Night[/B][/CENTER] June Week 1 [CENTER]ted dibiase jrted dibiasericky landellCW Andersonsteve corino[/CENTER] The show starts with CW Anderson, Ted Dibiase, Ted Dibiase Jr and Ricky Landell in the ring. Ted Sr. takes the microphone. “Laidies and Gentleman of Raleigh, let me be the first to introduce you to the first ever Southern Heavyweight Champion, Mr. Steve Corino.” Corino makes his way to the ring among the boos from the crowd and takes the microphone from Ted Sr. “Ladies and Gentleman, your champion has arrived. I pounded that no talent hack from one end of the ring to the other. By now, he is probably headed back up to Connecticut. Maybe, you can be part of another botched wedding. As I see it, you have no business back in a wrestling ring. Do everyone a favor, retire. Don't hint at it, don't talk about it, just do it.” Ted Sr. takes the microphone back from Corino. “Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. Southern Heavyweight Champion, Corino. Into the second round of the TV Championship Tournament, CW. Soon to be Tag Team Champions, Teddy and Ricky. The Horseman are unstoppable. No one can get in our way!” [CENTER]kevin steenlodi[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Lodi makes his way to the ring with a sign that reads “I am not a happy Horseman!” He defeats Kevin Steen in 7 minutes [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] After the first match, the bagpipes begin to play. Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring. “In the last week, we have crowned a Southern Heavyweight Champion. We have started the process of crowning a TV Champion. Tonight, we start the process of crowning a Tag Team Champion. At our June Supershow in Orlando, we will crown both a TV Champion and a Tag Team Champion.” [CENTER]krissy vainecolt cabana[/CENTER] Krissy Vaine is in the back and has Colt Cabana with her. “Colt, you requested this time, what would you like to say?” “You know Krissy. Everybody needs a gimmick to make it in this business. All of the good ones have already been taken. I could be a garbage man or a pig farmer. I could be the shockmaster or a Tug Boat pilot. Randy Savage loved to put slim jims in his mouth. However, next week, I have decided on the perfect gimmick. I will debut it right here, same Colt time, same Colt channel, next week!” “Alright, thats it for here with Colt. Back to you Tony.” [CENTER]mark briscoejay briscoe[/CENTER] In the first match of the Tag Team Tournament, The Briscoes defeated Team Maction in 11 minutes when Mark pinned Krazy K. [CENTER]masato tanakavampiro[/CENTER] Masato Tanaka defeated Vampiro with a submission in 12 minutes. [CENTER]CW Andersonshannon moore[/CENTER] In a preview for the TV Championship, CW Anderson defeated Shannon Moore after Ted Dibiase got involved in the match after 11 minutes.

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B][CENTER]SECW Thursday Night June Week 2[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER]Dorton Arena, Raleigh NC[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]dorton[/CENTER] Kevin Steen defeats Mikey Batts in a dark match. C- [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The show begins with the camera on Tony Schiavone and Jim Cornette ringside at the announce desk. “Jim Cornette, we are just three weeks away from the June Supershow. Things are already starting to get interesting for SECW! Tonight we are going to see Colt Cabana in what he has described as a brand new gimmick for a brand new champion!” “Listen here Gordon, if you ask me, that guy is as nutty as a bowl of cereal in the crazy house. Rather than talking about freaks and geeks like that, I want to talk about the real action tonight. Two more matches in the Tag Team Tournament Quarterfinals, another preview for the TV Championship with Roderick Strong taking on Shannon Moore and we get to hear from Don Callis and Luther Weiss. This is huge and Lance all you want to talk about is some guy that hasn't ever won a match in SECW and his new gimmick! Are you kidding me?” “Alright, with that we take you to the ring for an interview with Luther Weiss and Don Callis.” [CENTER]krissy vainedon callisluther weiss[/CENTER] Luther Weiss and Don Callis make their way to the ring to speak with Krissy Vaine. “Nigel McGuinness. You wanted to come after us, because of what we supposedly did to your special friend, Mr Dougie Williams. Nigel, what did you really think that you were going to be able to do to us. Did you really think that a speech about The Motherland was going to give you the strength and energy to beat this monster? Did you think that making a challenge to this man in a cage would scare him into not showing up for this show? I don't see how in the hell, you thought you would be able to...” While Don Callis is continuing on with his speech, Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams sneak out of the crowd and attack Don Callis and Luther Weiss. A huge brawl starts between Nigel, Doug and Luther. Don Callis powders out of the ring. He calls the monster back from the ring and shouts over the microphone, “Nigel, Doug. You want another go at it. You got another go at it. June Supershow, Orlando Florida! Tag Team Match, Nigel and Dougie vs. my man Luther Weiss and the newest associate to DCI.” [CENTER]nigel mcguinnessdoug williams colt cabanascoot andrews[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Colt Cabana makes his way to the ring. He debuts his “new” gimmick. He carries 6 or 7 signs. For those interested, here is a list of the sayings: 1)I AM NOT LODI 2)LODI REALLY IS IDOL BACKWARDS 3)COLT COLA 4)ALL THE POWER WITHOUT THE VICTORIES 5)I WISH I WAS A HAPPY HORSEMAN 6)WHO DROVE THE HUMMER? 7)Tommy rich EARNED his title shot! Colt Cabana is on the verge of his first victory in his match with Scoot Andrews. Just as he is about to roll up Scoot, Lodi runs in from the back and hits Colt in the head with a chair. The two brawl for a few minutes until Colt runs down the ramp back to the locker room. Lodi takes his own signs out and begins to display them. For those interested, here is a list of the sayings: 1)COLT WILL NEVER BE LODI 2)COLT= GOLDBERG STREAK REVERSED 3)COLT FINISHING MOVE=FINGERPOKE OF DOOM 4)EVERYONE KNOW THAT ERIC DROVE THE HUMMER 5)COLT, LODI JUNE SUPERSHOW? Match- D; Attack- C- [CENTER]robert gibsonricky morton[/CENTER] In the second match of the night, the Rock and Roll Express defeat The Headhunters to advance in the Tag Team Title Tournament. D [CENTER]ted dibiase jrted dibiasericky landellbobby eaton[/CENTER] In the third match of the night, The Horseman defeat the Midnight Express to advance in the Tag Team Title Tournament. C- A video message is played. “In three weeks, the world of Professional Wrestling gets a taste of the past.” [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] The familiar bagpipes begin to play as Rowdy Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring. “Ladies and Gentlemen of the Triangle, what do you think so far? I want to make a few announcements concerning what is going to be coming up at the June Supershow is a little over 2 weeks. First of all, by virtue of his winning at the May Supershow, The Sultan will take on the SECW Champion, Steve Corino. Also, we will have the finals of the Tag Team Championship as well as the finals of the TV Championship tournament. Also, I am going to book a match between Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams versus Luther Weiss and a partner to be named later. Also, Lodi will be taking on Colt Cobana. Five big matches right there. Also I am going to be deciding who is the top contenders for the SECW Championship for the coming weeks. Make sure you are there in Orlando for what will be the biggest night of the SECW.” [CENTER]shannon mooreRoderick Strong[/CENTER] In the main event of the night, Shannon Moore defeated Roderick Strong. B- When the showed aired on Sport South it got a 1.77 rating and a 1.45 rating on The Sunshine Network.

[CENTER]logo[/CENTER] [B]From SECW.com[/B] Don't forget to tune in this Thursday night for SECW Thursday NIGHT! You will see the debut of a new tag team, Black Power as they take on their first round opponent in the Tag Team Tournament. Also our last TV Title match preview as CW Anderson goes up against Roderick Strong. Also we get to hear from SECW Champion Steve Corino and the rest of the Horseman.

Archived