Southeastern Championship Wrestling

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Camp Cornette I was wondering if anyone would get that comment. I'm glad someone did. For anyone that doesnt know the reference, well, lets just say that according to legend it was worth a lot to Tommy Rich to get the NWA title! On another note, how do people think this is going? This is my first diary and I am trying to get a feel for it still. Does the whole thing seem plausible?

[CENTER]logo [B]SECW Thursday Night[/B] [B]Silver Spur Arena[/B] [B]Kissimmee, Florida[/B] [B]June Week 3[/B] silver spur[/CENTER] In his debut Jacob Ladder defeated Mikey Batts with a Devil Driver in a dark match. [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The show opens with Jim Cornette and Tony Schiavone sitting at the announce desk. “Jim Cornette, can you believe what happened last week?” “If you would stop sounding like Katie Couric for a moment, we can finally talk about what's important about tonight. Tonight, we get to see and hear from The Sultan. The man that is going to Orlando in 9 days to try to take away Steve Corino's claim to the Gold. Also, we get to see the new tag team, Black Power taking on Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams in the final quarterfinal match for the Tag Team Championship. Go ahead Gorilla, I know that all you want to talk about tonight is what kind of goofy antics that idiot Colt Cabana has planned for tonight.” “Jim, I was going to run down the entire card before you interrupted me. This is going to be a great night in SECW. Even though you seem to think nothing of it, Colt Cabana is one of the most promising young men on the roster.” “Michael Buffer, if you go on anymore about Colt Cabana, I'm going to think that the Tommy Rich sign last week was about you.” [CENTER]The SultanSterling Keenan[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, The Sultan defeated Sterling James Keenan with The Finishing Touch. “After the match, The Sultan grabbed the microphone. “It is bad enough that I have to perform this sport in the USA. What makes it even worse, I have to do it in backwater swamp towns like this. Corino, whenever I win, whenever I take your title. Whenever all of these rednecks out here see what a true hero is. Then and only then will this retched nation learn what it means to be second rate. Corino, you like this nation, have been on top for too long. In 9 days, I not only destroy your title reign, I destroy your career!” Match- C-; Promo- D [CENTER]davey richardscolt cabana[/CENTER] Davey Richards then makes his way to the ring for the second match. Once Davey gets to the ring, the song Signs by Tesla begins to play. “Ladies and Gentleman, his opponent from Chicago, Il is Colt Cobana.” Colt comes to the ring once again bringing 7 signs with him. For those of you who are interested they read as follows: 1)I saw the signs 2)And it opened up my eyes 3)And I am happy now 4)living without you 5)I've left you 6)Ohhhhhh 7)Hey Lodi, Did Lenny love Ace of Base or did you? Before Colt can make it to the ring, Lodi comes out of the crowd and begins to attack Colt. He throws him into the ring and begins to take shots on him and Davey Richards. Referee calls for the no contest. The two battle each other all the way to the back of the arena. C [CENTER]lodi elijah burkeelix skippernigel mcguinnessdoug williams[/CENTER] In the third match of the night we get to see the first match of the new tag team Black Power (Elijah Burke and Elix Skipper). They take on Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams in the final quarterfinal match of the Tag Team Tournament. After a pretty open match with all 4 men getting in good offense, Don Callis makes his way to the ring. While he distracts Referee Billy Dalton and the others, Luther Weiss and Bob Sapp attack the men in the ring from behind. After pounding Nigel and Doug, they scoot out of the ring, leaving the legal man Nigel, knocked out on the mat. Elix Skipper makes the pin. After the bell rings, Don Callis grabs the microphone. “Nigel, Dougie can you hear me? DCI could not risk the two of you going on a winning streak and making it to the finals of the Tag Team Tournament. We want you at the June Supershow. Nigel and Dougie vs. Luther Weiss and Bob Sapp. Oh, one other thing. This monster right here, Mr. Bob Sapp. He isn't the surprise I have planned for you. Think about that!” C- [CENTER]luther weissdon callisbob sapp[/CENTER] As SECW comes back from commercial, a video message is played. “14 Days and the Past becomes the Future. -Killer Kowalski Jr” [CENTER]Roderick StrongCW Andersonted dibiase[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening, CW Anderson defeated Roderick Strong in a TV Title preview match. C-

[CENTER]logo [B]SECW Friday Night[/B] [B]June Week 4[/B] [B]Asheville, NC[/B] asheville[/CENTER] Jacob Ladder defeated Sterling James Keenan with a Devil Driver in a dark match. D- [CENTER]Jim Cornetteted dibiasesteve corino[/CENTER] To start off the show, a video is played showing the promo from The Sultan last week. “It is bad enough that I have to perform this sport in the USA. What makes it even worse, I have to do it in backwater swamp towns like this. Corino, whenever I win, whenever I take your title. Whenever all of these rednecks out here see what a true hero is. Then and only then will this retched nation learn what it means to be second rate. Corino, you like this nation, have been on top for too long. In 9 days, I not only destroy your title reign, I destroy your career!” The camera opens on Jim Cornette sitting in a room with Steve Corino and Ted Dibiase. Jim Cornette starts the conversation. “Steve Corino, what is your response to The Sultan?” “Jim Cornette, that was a great speech that The Sultan delivered. It was a great promo when The Iron Shiek delivered it. It was a great promo when Ivan Koloff delivered it with a Russian accent. It was a great promo when Fritz Von Erich delivered it with a **** accent. I guess that wrestling 101 tells me that I am supposed to be upset by those comments. Booking 101 tells me that when someone goes against the US and the fans of Florida, I need to wrap myself in Old Glory, do my best Toby Keith impression and promise to win one for truth, justice and the American way! You know what, I'm not Sgt. Slaughter, I'm not Dusty Rhodes, I'm not Magnum TA, I'm not an aged former superstar who will agree to dress as Captain America in order to put off the Surreal Life one more season. You said things about the United States. I'm not mad. I don't care! I was born in Winnipeg! You called the people in Florida rednecks. Am I offended by that? Hell no! They are rednecks, thats why they live in Florida. This isn't Stamford CT. This isn't Universal Studios. This is real life! When I beat you at the June Supershow, it won't be because of your Anti- American sentiments. It will be because I enjoy kicking butt! I tell you what I will do Sultan. After I beat you. After I keep my title. After I steal your camels, after I steal your palace in Dubai and your oil money, after I send you to the land of 72 virgins, after I do all of this to you, do you know what I am going to do? Do you? I am going to call Ted Dibiase, CW Anderson, Ted Dibiase Jr and Ricky Landell to the ring. Do you know why? So they can kick your ass as well. Do you know why? Because we are the most elite unit in professional wrestling. Because I am the Old School Hero, SECW Heavyweight Champion, Steve Corino. Once we have kicked your ass and your Vince McMahon like wrestlecrap out of here, we are going to roughshod all over this area!” [CENTER]kevin steendropkick murphy[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Kevin Steen defeated Michael Murphy with a piledriver. D [CENTER]don callisbob sappjerrelle clark[/CENTER] In the second match of the night, Don Callis made his way to the ring with one of his monsters, Bob Sapp. Bob Sapp defeated Jerrelle Clark in under two minutes. After the match Don Callis grabs the microphone. “Just remember Dougie Williams, Saturday night, Orlando Florida, you will get the surprise of your life. After my monsters have destroyed your pathetic career. Then and only then will you get the biggest surprise of your life.” D+ [CENTER]elijah burkeelix skipperrobert gibsonricky morton[/CENTER] In the first semifinal of the night for the Tag Team Championship, the newest tag team, Black Power defeats The Rock N Roll Express in 12 minutes. C- [CENTER]ted dibiase jrricky landellted dibiasemark briscoejay briscoe[/CENTER] In the final semifinal of the night for the Tag Team Championship, The Horseman defeat Black Power in 17 minutes. C [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] As the last match ends, the bagpipes begin to play. Ladies and gentleman, what a card we have coming up for you in Orlando Florida this Saturday. The June Supershow could be the bigges night in the short history of SECW. I want to take a minute and run down the card for you. 1)Southern Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino vs. The Sultan for the Southern Heavyweight Title 2)CW Anderson, Roderick Strong and Shannon Moore for the Southern TV Title 3)Black Power vs. The Extreme Horseman for the Southern Tag Team Title 4)Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams against Bob Sapp and Luther Weiss. Don't forget, Don Callis has promised a huge surprise for Doug Williams that night. 5)Lodi vs. Colt Cabana Obviously, we can't have a huge show like this without a few more matches. So I am going to book a number 1 contenders match for the Southern Heavyweight Championship. Whoever wins this match will take on Steve Corino or The Sultan at the July Supershow in Norfolk, VA. The top contenders are... Masato Tanaka and Andrew Martin. These two will be going at it that night for the right to be called the number 1 contender to the Southern Heavyweight Championship. Finally, a special attraction from Mexico. Abismo Negro will be taking on Angel Mortal in a Lucha Libre match. All of this coming up this Saturday night in Orlando Fl!” Final Rating- C-

Quick note The system somehow edited out the reference to Fritz Von Erich. What Corino was saying was that VE delivered the promo with an accent used by a Fascist regime that controlled Germany during the 1930s to the mid 1940s. Somehow that word was edited but ass was not. Go figure!

[CENTER]logo FINAL CARD FOR JUNE SUPERSHOW Orlando, FL [B]FOR THE SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [B]STEVE CORINO vs. THE SULTAN[/B] steve corinoThe Sultan [B]FOR THE SOUTHERN TV CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [B]THREE WAY DANCE- SHANNON MOORE, CW ANDERSON, RODERICK STRONG[/B] Roderick StrongCW Andersonshannon moore [B]FOR THE SOUTHERN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [B]BLACK POWER VS. THE EXTREME HORSEMAN[/B] elijah burkeelix skipperricky landellted dibiase jr [B]FOR THE NUMBER 1 CONTENDER TO THE SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [B]ANDREW MARTIN VS. MASATO TANAKA[/B] andrew martinmasato tanaka [B]SPECIAL GRUDGE MATCH[/B] [B]NIGEL MCGUINNESS AND DOUG WILLIAMS VS. THE MONSTERS, BOB SAPP AND LUTHER WEISS[/B] nigel mcguinnessdoug williamsluther weissbob sapp [B]SPECIAL GRUDGE MATCH[/B] [B]LODI VS. COLT CABANA[/B] [B]lodicolt cabana[/B] [B]SPECIAL ATTRACTION FROM MEXICO[/B] [B]ABISMO NEGRO VS. ANGEL MORTAL[/B] abismo negroangel mortal[/CENTER]

[CENTER]logo [B]JUNE SUPERSHOW[/B] [B]UCF ARENA[/B] [B]ORLANDO FLORIDA[/B] ucf arena tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] “Jim Cornette, we are here at a huge night of SECW. Our second supershow and each week the action here is getting more intense and harder hitting. Tonight a huge match for the Southern Heavyweight Championship between Steve Corino and The Sultan.” “Gary you have got that right. This is going to be a huge match. On one hand you have a man that has made no bones about the fact that he wants to destroy Steve Corino, the SECW and the United States. On the other you have a man that leads a group that just wants to destroy everything. This is going to be a war!” “Well said, however my name is Tony! We have worked together for over 20 years.” [CENTER]lodicolt cabana[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Colt Cabana makes his way to the ring with 6 signs. For those that are interested the signs read: 1)Colt begins the road 2)to the SECW championship 3)tonight 4)Who's next 5)Lodi 6)Tonight Colt parties with Mickey and Donald Lodi makes his way to the ring without any signs. Both competitors go at it to a time limit expiration at the 10 minute mark. Both men continue to fight all the way to the back and into the parking lot. As the camera leaves the scene they are fighting in the median of the highway outside of the arena. D+ [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] “Jim, can you believe what we just saw to start off the June supershow?” “What did you say your name was? Doesn't matter, those two fools are liable to fight their way all the way to Tampa by the end of the night. Both of them are nuttier than a Snickers but both are hard hitting competitors.” [CENTER]abismo negroangel mortal[/CENTER] In the second match of the night Abismo Negro defeated Angel Mortal in 8 minutes. B- [CENTER]masato tanakaandrew martin[/CENTER] In the third match of the night Masato Tanaka defeated Andrew Martin in 12 minutes with a Roaring Elbow. C- [CENTER]shannon mooreCW AndersonRoderick Strong[/CENTER] In the next match Shannon Moore defeated Roderick Strong and CW Anderson in a 3 way dance when he pinned Roderick Strong with a Mooregasm to crown the first Southern TV Championship. C Before the next match, the camera catches Nigel McGuinness knocked out on the floor of the locker room. Doug Williams is shouting for help, but no one appears to help him. [CENTER]elijah burkeelix skipperted dibiase jrricky landell[/CENTER] In the next match Black Power defeated The Extreme Horseman when the interference of Ted Dibiase backfired. He went to hit Elix Skipper with a chair, missed and hit Ted Dibiase, Jr instead. Elix rolled up Jr for the 1,2,3. B [CENTER]nigel mcguinnessdoug williamsluther weissbob sapp[/CENTER] In the next match The Monsters, Luther Weiss and Bob Sapp make their way to the ring with Don Callis. Next out is Doug Williams who makes his way to the ring alone. Doug grabs the microphone, “Callis, is this your big surprise? You attack my partner? You think this will change anything? I will destroy both of your Monsters on my own!” The match, now a handicapped match is surprisingly open with Doug Williams being able to hold his own against the Monsters. However, Luther Weiss is able to get a Stump Grinder on Doug. As Doug lays in the middle of the ring, from the back Nigel McGuinness runs to the ring with a chair. He crawls in and faces off with Luther for a few moments before hitting Doug Williams with the chair. After the hit, he points at Luther and tells him to pin his partner in the middle of the ring. After the pin Don, Bob, Luther and Nigel all celebrate over the prone body of Doug Williams. Don Callis takes the ring microphone and begins to speak into Doug Williams face. “Doug, I told you a surprise would happen! I told you that DCI was expanding. Look at these monsters. Bob Sapp, the Beast! Luther Weiss, The Monster! Nigel McGuinness, The British Mercenarey! There is no one that can hope to contain them. This is the future of the SECW. Once again, DCI is open for business!” B- [CENTER]tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] “Jim Cornette, can you believe what just happened?” “What do you mean can I believe what just happen? Of course I can believe it. Nigel McGuinness was bought by Don Callis. For $1.35 and gift certificate to Dairy Queen, I would kick your ass. Can I believe what just happened? Give me a break, I was paying people to beat up people before most of our viewers had gotten their first cheerleader in a backseat.” Before the main event begins, a video airs. “Coming this Friday, Killer Kowalski Jr makes the past the present.” [CENTER]steve corinoThe Sultan[/CENTER] In the main event, Steve Corino defeated The Sultan to retain the Southern Heavyweight Championship in 17 minutes with an Old School Expulsion.

[CENTER][B]From Southern Wrestling Reporter TV[/B] Photobucket[/CENTER] “Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Bill Apter, I'm joined here by Bruce Mitchell for the Southern Wrestling Reporter Weekly. This week, we take a look at the upstart wrestling promotion based in Columbia SC, SECW. We also take a look at The Great American Bash from the WWE and Slammiversry from TNA.” WWE News ECW Heavyweight- Umaga Cruiserweight- Chavo Guerrero WWE Heavyweight- John Cena Intercontinental- Johnny Nitro WWE Tag Team- MVP and Finlay (won at the Great American Bash) US Title- Chris Benoit Women's Title- Kristal World Heavyweight- Edge World Tag Team- Hardy Boys TNA News TNA Champion- Brother Ray TNA Tag Tem Champions- Brother Ray and Brother Devon X Champion- Basham Other news from TNA- Tomko has left TNA to sign with New Japan Pro Wrestling. ROH News ROH World Heavyweight Champion- Morishima ROH World Tag Team- Briscoe Brothers SECW News SECW Southern Champion- Steve Corino SECW Tag Team Champion- Black Power SECW TV Title- Shannon Moore Many retirement accouncements came this past week. Lex Luger and Terry Funk have officially retired from wrestling. Also, Robert Gibson and Bobby Eaton have announced that they are planning to retire.

[CENTER]logo [B]July Week 1[/B] [B]Township Auditorium, Columbia SC[/B] township Roddy piper shannon mooreshannon mooreJim Cornettebobby eatonrobert gibsonricky morton[/CENTER] The show begins with Rowdy Roddy Piper standing in the ring. “Ladies and Gentleman, SECW has come back home. To Columbia SC. To the Township Auditorium. If the following superstars would make their way to the ring: The Rock n Roll Express, The Midnight Express, Jim Cornette and Shannon Moore.” The wrestlers all make their way to the ring. “Shannon, I am going to start with you. Saturday night you won the first ever Southern TV Title. Maybe I should have explained the details to you a little better before the tournament started. This title will be a true Television Title. You will defend it each week against the next top challenger. If you can successfully defend the title 12 times, you will be retired as Champion, receive a $25,000 bonus and a guaranteed Southern Heavyweight Championship shot. Congradulations son, you have earned it.” Rowdy Roddy Piper gives Shannon Moore his new title. “Shannon, if I were you, I would get to the back and get ready. Tonight, you make your first defense going against Davey Richards.” Piper then turns to the Rock n Roll Express, The Midnight Express and Jim Cornette. “Gentleman, first of all, nothing but respect for what you have all done in the business and all that you have meant to this business. Recently, Bobby you and Robert have come to me and expressed wanting to retire at the end of July. Both of you have earned the chance to take life slower. Both of you have earned the chance to not be beaten on each week. Both of you have earned a chance to relax. You five gentleman have gone against each other in Columbia, Spartanburg, Charlotte, Greensboro, Richmond, Atlanta, Memphis and Dallas. The 5 of you have entertained thousands. Here is what I am proposing to you, a chance to go out in style. A chance to one last time entertain thousands. At the July supershow in Charlotte, let us give the fans one last chance to see something. One last chance to see the Rock N Roll Express and The Midnight Express in a scaffold match!” Cornette grabs the microphone. “Piper I don't know what you think you are doing? I am not going to go up in a scaffold another time.” “Corny, I don't plan for you to go up there. You managed the Midnight Express for years. You even managed the Rock N Roll Express for a few years. You have been very important to this rivalry all of these years. You are going to be the special guest referee for this match.” [CENTER]ted dibiase jrted dibiasericky landellCW Andersonsteve corino[/CENTER] After the show comes back from the break, The new Southern Tag Team Champions, Black Power, make their way to the ring. “No one gave us a shot. No one. Now we have proved everyone wrong. Elix and I are the FIRST EVER SOUTHERN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! Horseman, you want these belts, come get these belts!” At that Ricky Landell and Ted Dibiase, Jr run to the ring and brawl with Black Power. Ted Dibiase, Steve Corino and CW Anderson get into the action as well. After a few minutes of being beaten on, Black Power makes a run for the exit. Steve Corino grabs the microphone. “See, the Horseman are going to dominate the SECW. I am still the Southern Heavyweight Champion. By the end of the month, Teddy and Ricky are going to have the Tag straps. CW, well at some point we will find something for you.” C W then glares at Corino. Corino continues. “Tanaka, I know that you are watching this. I know you can't understand me. However, like most other people of foreign lands, you are still mesmorized by the blinking lights and loud noises coming out of the magic box. So to help you understand, we have brought this.” Ted Dibiase then pulls a Masato Tanaka doll into the ring. Steve Corino then beats the doll for a solid 3 minutes, finally tearing the head from the doll. Corino holds up the head and looks into the camera. “Tanaka, this will be you. Piper, once I have defeated Tanaka, once Ricky and Teddy and defeated Black Power, have you got anymore racial sterotypes that you want to throw at the Horseman. Have you got anymore wrestling 101 angles that you want to pull out of the UN of stupidity that you call your bag of tricks, do you?” [CENTER]la parkacolt cabanalodi[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Colt Cabana defeats La Parka in 7 minutes. D+ During the match, Lodi comes to the ring with his signs. For any intersted they read: 1)Colt, where is your sign? 2)this is not over! 3)I need a new Lodette 4)Interested, check out SECW.com [CENTER]killer jrjerrelle clark[/CENTER] In the second match of the night, Killer Kowalski Jr defeated Jerrelle Clark in a 4 minute scientific match. After the match Krissy Vaine tried to get an interview with the debuting Kowalski, however, Kowalski looked at her and then continued to walk to the back. D [CENTER]mark briscoejay briscoe luther weissdon callisbob sapp[/CENTER] In the third match of the night, The Briscoes defeat The Headhunters in 7 minutes. After the match, the Monster Luther Weiss, Don Callis and The Beast Bob Sapp make their way to the ring. “Briscoes, how does it feel to not be the top tag team in the area” How does it feel to not be the second best tag team in the area? Hell, I don't even think you are the third best tag team in the area. I would love to find out how good the two of you really are. So to find out, I brought these two. Get them boys!” The Briscoes battle with Sapp and Weiss for a few minutes until security finally break them up. C- [CENTER]shannon mooredavey richards[/CENTER] After the show comes back from commercial, Shannon Moore makes his first TV Title defense against Davey Richards. Shannon wins in under 9 minutes. C- Final Rating- C- Sunshine Network- 1.52 SportsSouth- 1.75

[CENTER]logo [B]July Week 2[/B] [B]Alexander Memorial Coliseum, Atlanta GA[/B] tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The show begins with the camera on Jim Cornette and Tony Schiavone. “Jim Cornette, what happened last week is amazing. To all of those people who know the history of wrestling, you know, coming up in Charlotte NC at the July Supershow, you will get to see the best of the best, one last time in the most dangerous match known to man, the scaffold!” “That's right Vince, 20 feet above the ring, 4 men that I might add I have helped mentor their entire careers, are going to go at it one last time. Yours truly will of course be your impartial referee for the match.” “Jim, I notice you didn't volunteer to climb up to the top of the scaffold.” “Vince, my Momma didn't raise no dummy! I have been to the top before. I have fallen from the top before. Never again will I climb up there again!” “Jim, can't say I can blame you for that. Let's get to the ring.” [CENTER]Mikey Battskiller jr[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Killer Kowalski Jr. defeats Mikey Batts in 5 minutes with a submission hold. Once again this was a very scientific match. On the way back, Krissy Vaine tries to get an interview, and is once again brushed off by Kowalski. D+ [CENTER]robert gibsonricky morton[/CENTER] Amber O Neal is backstage with the Rock n Roll Express. “Ricky, Robert, what are your thoughts about climbing to the top of the scaffold at the July Supershow?” “Well Amber, it is scary. We have been there before. We know the danger. However, we have never lost a scaffold match to these guys. This is the greatest way for Robert to hang up the boots. Giving the people of the Carolina's once last chance to watch Dennis and Bobby fall to the ground.” In the second match of the night The Rock N Roll Express defeat Team Maction in 11 minutes with a double dropkick on TJ Mack. D [CENTER]lizmark jrnigel mcguinness[/CENTER] In the third match of the night, Nigel McGuinness defeats Lizmark, Jr in 11 minutes. While Nigel is celebrating with Don Callis, Doug Williams runs from the back and begins to beat on Nigel and Don. This brings out Bob Sapp and Luther Weiss to make it a 4 on 1. These odds are made better when the Briscoe Brothers run into the ring. It takes a few minutes before security can clear the ring. D+ [CENTER]mark briscoejay briscoedoug williamsluther weissdon callisbob sapp shannon mooreRoderick Strong[/CENTER] In the main event Shannon Moore defeats Roderick Strong to retain the Southern TV Title in 14 minutes. C Final Rating- C- Sunshine Network- 1.43 SportsSouth-1.76

[CENTER]Photobucket [B]From the Southern Wrestling Reporter[/B][/CENTER] In a shocking move last night, The WWE announced that they are going to abandon the brand split. As part of this decision they have trimmed the fat on the roster. The following performers were released from their contracts last night: Ron Simmons Steve Austin Tazz Joey Styles Brad Armstrong Sandman CM Punk Chris Masters Snitsky Deuce Domino The Miz JTG Shad Christopher Daniels Alex Shelley Jaime Noble More names are expected to be released in the next few days.

[CENTER]logo [B]From SECW.com[/B][/CENTER] Now that the WWE has ended its brand split, which wrestlers do you think would fit in best in the SECW. Vote now. The list is: Ron Simmons Steve Austin Tazz Joey Styles Brad Armstrong Sandman CM Punk Chris Masters Snitsky Deuce Domino The Miz JTG Shad Christopher Daniels Alex Shelley Jaime Noble Remember to vote now on which workers will make the biggest impact in SECW!

[CENTER]logo [B]July Week 2[/B] [B]Spartanburg SC[/B] [B]Spartanburg Auditorium[/B] elijah burkeelix skipper[/CENTER] The show begins with Black Power in the ring. “Horseman, two weeks ago you decided to attack us here in this ring. You couldn't beat us in the ring at the June Supershow. You cannot beat us fair and square. Instead you have decided to attack us when we are not looking. We want to be able to give you a chance. We want a chance to show you exactly what Black Power means! So coming up in Charlotte NC at the July Supershow, it is going to be us, granting you your rematch. However, it is going to be under oir rules. Black Power rules! What does that mean? It is going to be a streetfight baby! A true Carolina Streetfight! No rules! Weapons allowed! Not even a ref to keep control. The only role the zebra will have is to count the 1 the 2 and the 3 on your pale white asses!” [CENTER]lodiscoot andrews[/CENTER] In the first match of the night, Lodi defeats Scoot Andrews in 12 minutes by DQ. Colt Cobana runs down the aisle and attacks Lodi with a chalkboard. On the chalkboard, Colt had wrote the phrase “This is going to hurt”. D- [CENTER]colt cabana Sterling Keenankiller jr[/CENTER] In the second match of the night, Killer Kowalski defeated Sterling James Keenan in 6 minutes with a submission hold in another scientific match. During the match Tony and Jim Cornette comment on how every move Kowalski does is an old fashioned move much like the ones used by his trainer, the original Killer Kowalski. D+ [CENTER]shannon mooreCW Anderson[/CENTER] In the third match of the night, Shannon Moore made his third successful title defense, winning against CW Anderson. During the match, Tony and Jim comment on the fact that none of the Horseman came to resue CW when he was in trouble. On his way back to the back, CW refuses to acknowledge the Horseman sign being displayed by the fans. C- [CENTER]masato tanakaandrew martin steve corinoted dibiasericky landellted dibiase jr[/CENTER] In the main event of the evening, Masato Tanaka defeats Andrew Martin. During the match, Steve Corino and Ted Dibiase came down to ringside to help commentate on the match. They bring with them the head of the model of Tanaka from a few weeks ago. After the match is over Steve Corino attacks Tanaka. Soon Ted Dibiase Jr and Ricky Landell make their way to the ring and continue to pound on him until the show ends. D+ Final Rating- D+ Sunshine Network- 1.28 SportsSouth- 1.66

[CENTER][B]From the Southern Wrestling Reporter[/B] Photobucket[/CENTER] “Fans, my name is Bill Apter and I am here with Bruce Mitchell. Welcome everybody to the Southern Wrestling Reporter. Our first topic of the night, what is going on with the WWE? Recently, they decided to go away with the brand extensions. Then they release 18 of their superstars. Now we are starting to get word that Smackdown is about to be canceled by all three networks that they are airing on. What is going on in Stamford?” “Well, Bill have you watched any of their shows? They are not putting on the best shows in the last few months. At least they finally took the ECW Title off of Umaga. They put it on Batista, but anything is step in the right direction.” “Bruce, changing subjects, what about TNA?” “Well, Mr. Apter look at the last pay per view, Victory Road. While, I originally didnt think that Brother Ray was going to be the best TNA champion, however, he has done a great job of defending the belt lately. At Victory Road he defeated Rhino, Damaja and Big Poppa Pump. He has made a great fighting champion, defending not only the TNA Championship but also the TNA Tag Team Championship.” “Why don't we look at the upstart down in South Carolina, SECW? What do you know about them picking up a few of the workers that were released by WWE?” “Well Bill, from what I have heard, SECW has extended offers to at least three workers. I have not heard exactly which three, but I have heard that one of them is going to be getting a huge push by the company in the next few weeks. According to one SECW employee, this could be the best thing to happen to this company in the last month. Also I have heard that they have a huge announcement coming up in the next few weeks.” Well, from here are The Southern Wrestling Reporter, I'm Bill Apter, joined as always by my cohost Bruce Mitchell. Tune in next week!”

[CENTER]logo [B]From SECW.com[/B] krissy vaine[/CENTER] "Don't forget to watch this weeks edition of SECW Thursday Night! In an exciting double main event, Shannon Moore will defend his Southern TV Title and The Briscoes and Doug Williams team up to go against DCI (The Monster Luther Weiss, The Beast Bob Sapp and The British Mercenary Nigel McGuinness. All of these matches this week on SECW Thursday Night! Also SECW is pleased to announce our first DVD release, The May Supershow! Place your orders right now at SECW.com."

[CENTER]logo [B]July Week 4[/B] [B]North Charleston Coliseum[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Charleston SC[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]North Charleston bobby eatonrobert gibsonricky morton[/CENTER] The show begins with the Rock n Roll Express and The Midnight Express standing in the ring. “Ladies and Gentleman of Charleston. We are here, Robert, Bobby, Dennis and myself, to talk about what is coming up in just a few short days. We will make the climb up once again 20 feet in the air in the most dangerous match known to man. The scaffold match! I know what people are saying, what are four men our age doing climbing to the top of this scaffold in this match. I will tell you what we are doing, we are going to show all of these young punks in the back how to put on a 5 star match. This is how the four of us always wanted to go out. The end of an era is here, the end of the Rock n Roll Express and Midnight Express feud! Going out the best way we know how, giving you exactly what you want to see. Dennis and Bobby, no matter who makes the fall come Saturday, it has been a huge honor to spend my life beating the hell out of you. A lot of respect for all of the men in this ring right now!” After Ricky Morton finishes speaking all four men embrace in the center of the ring in a MSG incident like move. [CENTER]killer jrOnyx[/CENTER] In the first match of the night Killer Kowalski Jr defeats Onyx by submission in 8 minutes. Kowalski once again refuses to be interviewed by Krissy Vaine. [CENTER]ted dibiasericky landellted dibiase jramber o neal[/CENTER] After the show comes back from commercial, Ted Dibiase is shown shoving Amber O Neal into a locker room. When the camera gets in there, Ted Dibiase Jr and Ricky Landell are ready to speak. “Black Power, you want a Carolina Streetfight. You got one. Teddy and I are ready and willing to kick your black asses all the way back to whatever cesspool the two of you crawled out of!” [CENTER]masato tanakadavey richards[/CENTER] In the second match of the night Masato Tanaka defeated Davey Richards in 11 minutes. During the match Steve Corino provided commentary on the match. [CENTER]ted dibiasericky landellCW Andersonted dibiase jrsteve corino[/CENTER] Once the match was over, Corino stepped into the ring. “Tanaka, once again I know that you cannot understand me. So see if you can understand this!” At that, all of the Horseman rush the ring and begin to pound on Tanaka. They beat on Tanaka who manages to hold his on for awhile before succumbing to the superior numbers. He eventually escapes from the ring and makes his way back to the locker room. “Tanaka, remember this, you never fight one horseman, you fight us all!” [CENTER]chris heroshannon moore[/CENTER] In the third match of the night, Shannon Moore makes his fourth successful TV Title defense against Chris Hero winning in 7 minutes with a Mooregasm. [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] After the match, Rowdy Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring. “Ladies and Gentleman of the Low Country are you ready for this Saturday night! This Saturday night in Charlotte NC we will present to you the July Supershow! Let me run down the card for you! For the Southern Heavyweight Title, it will be Steve Corino against Masato Tanaka. For the Southern Tag Team Title, it will be Black Power against the Extreme Horseman, Ricky Landell and Ted Dibiase Jr in a Carolina Streetfight. We have 3 special grudge matches, Nigel McGuinness taking on his former partner Doug Williams. Colt Cobana taking on Lodi, and The Briscoes taking on Luther Weiss and Bob Sapp. Killer Kowalski will make his Supershow debut against Lizmark Jr and in a special retirement match, The Rock n Roll Express will take on The Midnight Express in a scaffold match. Plus an announcement that will change the course of the SECW! All of this, Saturday night in Charlotte, NC! Make sure you are there for this big event!” [CENTER]mark briscoejay briscoedoug williams nigel mcguinnessluther weissbob sapp[/CENTER] The main event of the evening doesn't even have a chance to start. All six men enter the ring at the same time and begin to brawl. The referee is knocked out in the first minute, never having a chance to ring the bell. As the show goes off the air, The Briscoes, Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, Luther Weiss and Bob Sapp are brawling all over the arena.

logo [B]Final Card for the July Supershow[/B] [B]Independence Arena[/B] [B]Charlotte, NC[/B] independence [B]For the Southern Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]Champion Steve Corino vs. Masato Tanaka[/B] steve corinomasato tanaka [B]For the Southern Tag Team Championship[/B] [B]Champions Black Power vs. The Extreme Horseman[/B] [B]Carolina Street Fight[/B] elix skipperelijah burkericky landellted dibiase jr [B]Special Grudge Match[/B] [B]Doug Williams vs. Nigel McGuinness[/B] nigel mcguinnessdoug williams [B]Special Attraction- Retirement Scaffold Match[/B] The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express robert gibsonricky mortonbobby eaton [B]The Briscoes vs. Don Callis Incorporated (The Monster Luther Weiss and The Beast Bob Sapp[/B] mark briscoejay briscoeluther weissbob sapp [B]Special Return Grudge Match[/B] [B]Lodi vs. Colt Cobana[/B] lodicolt cabana [B]Killer Kowalski Jr vs. Lizmark Jr[/B] lizmark jrkiller jr

[CENTER]logo [B]July Supershow[/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Independence Arena[/CENTER][/B] [B][CENTER]Charlotte NC[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] The show opens with Roddy Piper in the ring. “Ladies and gentleman of the Queen City, are you ready for your first supershow? Tonight you will see a scaffold match, a Carolina Streetfight and be able to watch Masato Tanaka challenge Steve Corino for the Southern Title! Also, don't forget, tonight I have an announcement that is going to change the course of the short history of the SECW. All of this happening right here in Charlotte NC! Enjoy the show!” [CENTER]killer jrlizmark jr[/CENTER] The action then moves to the ring. In the first match Killer Kowalski Jr defeats Lizmark Jr in 6 minutes with a submission hold. Amber O Neal once again tries to get an interview with Killer Kowalski, only to be once again blown off. D [CENTER]colt cabanalodi[/CENTER] For the second match of the night, Lodi comes to the ring with his signs. Once again, for those interested, here is the content of the signs: 1)One time in WCW 2)Kimberly felt my bang 3)RAW= Really awful wrestling 4)Smackdown is about to get Smackeddown by the networks 5)I killed JR 6)Just kidding, it was Kristin Colt Cobana makes his way to the ring with his own set of signs. 1)Colt= Ratings 2)Ratings War 3)Hehaw 2.0 -1 4)Smackdown- 0 During the match, Colt Cobana defeated Lodi via submission in 11 minutes with an inverted Boston Crab that he now calls You got crabs. D [CENTER]mark briscoejay briscoeluther weissbob sappdon callis[/CENTER] In the third match of the night, the Briscoes went up against The Monster Luther Weiss and The Beast Bob Sapp. The Briscoes are giving up a combined 230 pounds against the two big men. In the beginning, the brothers are able to hold their own against the big men. However, after the first 10 minutes, the size advantage kicks in. At the 14 minute mark, Luther Weiss attempts to double team Jay Briscoe. As the referree forces Luther back to the corner, Don Callis gets to the ring apron and attempts to hit Jay with chair. Jay moves out of the way and chair lands squarely on the skull of Bob Sapp. Jay manages to drape his arm over Sapp as the referree turns around and counts the pin. C [CENTER]Roddy piperted dibiase[/CENTER] Ted Dibiase, Sr makes his way into the office of Roddy Piper. “Piper, we have a problem. Teddy missed his flight. We need to move the Tag Title match to Thursday night.” “Ted. We are not going to move the match to Thursday night. I promised these fans the chance to see the Extreme Horseman challenge against Black Power. I promised these fans here in Charlotte NC that they would get to see Ted Dibiase and Ricky Landell challenge Black Power for the Tag Team Straps. As far as I am concerned, you fit both of those descriptions. So, get your flabby retired a$$ back into the locker room, get suited up and get ready for your first title match in years. If you don't suit up for this match, it will be the last match your boy gets in this promotion.” Ted Dibiase looks dumbfounded as he watches Roddy Piper leave the room. [CENTER]Jim Cornettericky mortonrobert gibsonbobby eaton[/CENTER] The next match of the night is the scaffold match between The Rock n Roll Express and The Midnight Express. All four of the men embrace before they make their way up to the top of the scaffold. Like most scaffold matches, this one was not that exciting. Something about staring up to the arena ceiling and watching men try to hold onto the scaffold for dear life. At the 12 minute mark, Dennis Condrey is holding onto the bottom of the scaffold. Robert Gibson follows him to the bottom and wraps his legs around Condrey, forcing him to the ring below. Bobby, Ricky and Robert make their way down the scaffold where they meet with Jim Cornette. They check on Dennis an once again embrace. “Jim Cornette grabs the microphone. “Bobby, Robert this was a fitting end to a very distinguised career for both of you. Thank you for all of the work that you two have done. Thank you for entertaining me and entertaining all of these people for the last 20 years!” Jim, Bobby, Robert and Ricky help Dennis back to the back while the crowds chant thank you. C [CENTER]don callisnigel mcguinnessdoug williams[/CENTER] In the next match Nigel McGuinness pins Doug Williams after 14 minutes when after Don Callis actually hit the chairshot on the right guy this time. C [CENTER]ted dibiasericky landellelijah burkeelix skipper[/CENTER] In the next match, Ted Dibiase and Ricky Landell were not match for Elijah Burke and Elix Skipper. Ricky Landell was the only one on the team that was able to get any offense. However, he could only hold off Black Power for the first 8 minutes. He eventually had to tag in Ted. Ted had the holy hell beat out of him for three minutes before being pinned by Elix following a black boot. D [CENTER]steve corinomasato tanaka[/CENTER] In the main event of the night, Steve Corino squared off with Masato Tanaka for the Southern Heavyweight Championship. It was a very back and forth match for the first 16 minutes with both men getting an equal amount of offense in. At the 16 minute mark, both men are laying on their backs in the middle of the ring. At that point, CW Anderson makes his way to the ring and begins to slam Tanaka with everything that he can get his hands on. He gets Tanaka tied up in the ropes where he and Corino take turns hitting him. The referree calls for the bell and the DQ against Steve Corino. The attack on Tanaka goes on for a few minutes before a hero finally runs to the ring in order to make the save. That man is none other than ....................................

[CENTER][B][SIZE="7"]CM PUNK!!!!!!![/SIZE][/B] CM Punk[/CENTER] CM Punk hits the ring and immediately begins to beat on Corino and CW Anderson. This brings out Ricky Landell and Ted Dibiase Sr who is still nursing his wounds from the earlier match. As they get involved in the fight, Black Power runs out to even up the odds. As the 8 men are going at it in the ring, Roddy Piper makes his way to the entrance area. [CENTER]Roddy piper[/CENTER] "Gentleman, well I realize that you want to beat the crap out of each other all the way to the corner of Trade and Tryon. I know who you are, CM Punk. I know you and I know your work. However, if you want to beat on my champion, you are going to do it on my terms. That means money in my pocket. So next month, I am proposing this. Steve Corino and one of the other members of the Extreme Horseman going up against Masato Tanaka and a partner of his own. CM Punk, since you want to make such an impact so bad in SECW, make it as Masato Tanaka's partner at the first ever pay per view in SECW history. August Armageddon coming to you live on pay per view from The Scope in Norfolk VA!"

[CENTER]logo dorton [B]SECW Thursday Night[/B] [B]Dorton Arena[/B] [B]Raleigh, NC[/B] tony schiavoneJim Cornette[/CENTER] The first show of August opens with the camera on Jim Cornette and Tony Schiavone. “Jim Cornette, can you believe what we saw Saturday at the July Supershow?” “Let me tel you something Gordon, I have seen a lot of fighters in my day. I know this CM Punk guy and he is the real deal. Since SECW started, I have always thought that Steve Corino was the top guy in the promotion. However, this Punk kid is now the one to beat. In my opinion, that is.” [CENTER]steve corinoted dibiasericky landellCW Andersonted dibiase jr[/CENTER] While Jim Cornette is speaking, the music of the Extreme Horseman begins. Out from the back come Southern Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino, Ted Dibiase, Ted Dibiase Jr, CW Anderson and Ricky Landell. Corino grabs the microphone first. “Ladies and gentleman of Raleigh. Apparently, SECW has grown to the point of getting a Pay Per View. That means that you bunch of stinking Rednecks are going to have to decide. Are you going to buy a case of Miller High Life or are you going to pay to see me kick CM Punk's ass? Which one is it going to be? CM Punk, I have been kicking the ass of WWE rejects longer than you have been around. When we get in that ring at August Armageddon, I am going to treat you worse than anyone in the WWE ever did.” After Corino finishes, CW Anderson grabs the microphone. “Tanaka, Punk! The Anderson family has been kicking a$$ and taking names for the last thirty years. I am going to kick your punk a$$ and treat you like the little b&^chs that you are!” Ted Dibiase grabs the microphone from CW. “Black Power, you got lucky Saturday night. Lucky that my idiot son decided the scent of a woman was more important than championship gold. That is not a mistake that he will make again. The beatdown that we are going to put on you is nothing compared to the beatdown we put on each other. One more time, at August Armageddon, The Extreme Horseman against Black Power for the Tag Team Championships. What do you say?” [CENTER]Mikey Battsdirty dick jr[/CENTER] In the first match of the night Dirty Dick Jr (Trevor Rhodes) makes his first appearance in SECW defeating Mikey Batts in 7 minutes. After the match, Dirty Dick Jr puts a load of chewing tobacco in and grabs the microphone. “My name is Dirty Dick Jr, I am here to raise the most hell in SECW that I can. That means that I am going to show you, everyone of you, what it means to get a West Texas beatdown.” C- [CENTER]killer jrRoderick Strong[/CENTER] In the second match of the night, Killer Kowalski continued his winning ways defeating Roderick Strong in 9 minutes with a submission hold. Once again, he blows off Amber O Neal as she tries to get an interview. C+ [CENTER]don callisnigel mcguinnessluther weissbob sapp[/CENTER] After SECW comes back from commercial, Don Callis and his henchman make their way to the ring. “Nigel, that was a great job beating Dougie on Saturday. You get a gold star! Luther Weiss and Bob Sapp. How in the hell do you expect me to run a contract hit business if you loose? How do you? There is no loosing whenever you are a part of DCI! It is obvious that I can't have this kind of record. My only thought is this, at August Armageddon, we are going to have a match between Bob and Luther. It may be time for a little downsizing. The loser is going to be unemployed!” At that Luther Weiss begins to beat on Bob Sapp. The two brawl for a few minutes while Nigel and Don watch. Finally, Sapp has had enough and makes his way to the back. [CENTER]CM Punkvampiro[/CENTER] In his first match of his career in SECW, CM Punk defeats Vampiro in a 12 minute match. C- [CENTER]la parkashannon moore[/CENTER] In the main event of the night, Shannon Moore makes his fifth TV title defense defeating La Parka in 14 minutes. D+ Final Rating- C- Sunshine Network- 1.34 SportsSouth- 1.5

[CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] In a shocking move last night, The USA Network has dropped Monday Night Raw from its lineup. The network said that they were going to rebrand their image and wrestling will not be apart of that rebranding. In another move for WWE, Smackdown was dropped by the network Global TV as well. WWE is said to be looking for new distribution outlets in the USA for both of its television shows. OOC: I have no idea what is going on with the WWE. I didnt change any of the settings when I started the game and now it seems that the WWE is imploding. Good for me ingame but not very realistic!

Archived