ROH: The Best There Is, And The Best There Ever Will Be

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/rohyz3.gif[/IMG][SIZE="5"][B] ROHWRESTLING.COM - BREAKING NEWS![/B][/SIZE] [INDENT][LIST] [*]The ROH front office has just announced that following his win last night, and continued winning performances since returning last month, [B]Joey Matthews[/B] will be filling the fourth spot in Four Corner Survival! [/LIST][/INDENT] [SIZE="1"][U]NIGHT 2 QUICK PICKS[/U] ROH - NIGEL MCGUINESS (C) -VS- JERRY LYNN NO DQ - JIMMY JACOBS -VS- NECRO BUTCHER BRYAN DANIELSON -VS- NAOMICHI MARUFUJI -VS- CHRIS HERO -VS- JOEY MATTHEWS NWA - BRENT ALBRIGHT (C) -VS- GO SHIOZAKI STEENERICO -VS THE VULTURE SQUAD RODERICK STRONG -VS- RHETT TITUS [/SIZE]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/logo_main.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B]ROH NEWS: LIVE REPORT FROM [I]PRELUDE TO GLORY, NIGHT 2[/I][/B][/SIZE] After a somewhat angle-driven night one, ROH pulled out all the in-ring stops for night two and delivered an action-packed show for the old school Minnesota crowd. [B]KEVIN STEEN & EL GENERICO -VS- THE VULTURE SQUAD[/B] [INDENT][B]Kevin Steen & El Generico[/B] defeated [B]The Vulture Squad[/B] of Ruckus & Jigsaw in the opening contest. The two teams put on exactly the kind of spot-filled opener the ROH crowd loves and served its purpose well. [SIZE="1"][B]WINNERS: STEENERICO~![/B][/SIZE][/INDENT] [B]RODERICK STRONG -VS- RHETT TITUS[/B] [INDENT][B]Roderick Strong[/B] made short work of [B]Rhett Titus[/B] in the next match. Titus has a good look and good potential but his two substandard showings this weekend don't look good for his ROH future in this reviewer's opinion. [B][SIZE="1"]WINNER: RODERICK STRONG[/SIZE][/B][/INDENT] [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] and [B]Alison Wonderland[/B] are out next, and Jacobs has a microphone again. The relentless crowd taunts finally set him off, and he screamed at us all to "Shut up!" Jacobs walks over to the corner of the ring and slides down to sit as Wonderland looks hot next to him. "[B]Austin Aries[/B]. . . congratulations, you've done it. . . I don't care anymore, Austin. I don't care about [B]Lacey[/B], and I don't care about you taking her from me. You've taken everything from me, but I'm still standing, Austin; The Age of The Fall is still standing strong behind me. I am ready to lead this revolution, and, Austin. . . I am ready to destroy you. . . and I am about to turn Ring of Honor into your waking nightmare, Austin. Welcome. . . to The Age. . . of The Fall. . ." [B]NO DQ - JIMMY JACOBS -VS- THE NECRO BUTCHER[/B] [INDENT]Up next is the No DQ match, and the crowd roars as [B]Necro Butcher[/B] enters the arena. Jacobs looks fearless as he remains seated in the corner of the ring during Necro's entrance. But the closer he gets to the ring, the more it seems that Alison Wonderland is shielding Jimmy from him; as Necro enters the ring, Jacobs rolls out under the bottom rope and we get a few minutes of old school stalling while the tension gets heavy in the crowd. A few minutes into it, though, Jimmy stopped playing the chicken**** and the two went all over the arena in a wild hardcore brawl. Similiar to the night before, however, Wonderland played an outcome in the finish and the crowd was just as pissed off this time around. Butcher has Jacobs beaten to a pulp on the outside of the ring and is about to smack his head against the safety rail with a chair when Alison screams from behind and feigns being hurt. We all chant "BULL****!" as Necro turns to see what is happening, Jacobs making it to his feet and using the safety rail as a springboard to nail Necro with the Contra Code onto the chair! [B][SIZE="1"]WINNER: JIMMY JACOBS[/SIZE][/B][/INDENT] The crowd hated the screwjob finish again, but it seemed to me there was an undertone of genuine kayfabe heat on Jacobs for the outcome. [B]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BRENT ALBRIGHT (C) -VS- GO SHIOZAKI[/B] [INDENT]Albright showed a lot of talent in this bout, and it might just be the best thing that ever happened to him getting released by WWE. Of course [B]Larry Sweeney[/B] was out with his client and spent a lot of time antagonizing the crowd; they were obviously trying to cool the crowd down after the brawl but I don't think the No DQ match got the crowd as riled up as they had hoped. Shiozaki looked impressive, and managed to breakout of the Crowbar only to get dropped with a T-Bone suplex for the pinfall. [B][SIZE="1"]WINNER, AND STILL NWA CHAMPION: BRENT ALBRIGHT[/SIZE][/B][/INDENT] [B]ROH WORLD TITLE NIGEL MCGUINNESS (C) -VS- JERRY LYNN[/B] [INDENT]This definitely should have been the main event, but ROH has been building the Four Corner Survival for well over a month. Lynn and McGuinness looked fantastic and they played off one another really well in what a lot are saying was the best match of the entire weekend. Lynn stayed out of the air more than usual and the two went a technical routefor much of the bout. Lynn took to the air mostly in desperation to gain or maintain the upperhand, and McGuinness went for the Jawbreaker Lariat several times with no success. Lynn eventually came up short in his efforts, Nigel using the Tower of London to retain. [B][SIZE="1"]WINNER, AND STILL ROH CHAMPION: NIGEL MCGUINNESS[/SIZE][/B][/INDENT] [B]Chris Hero[/B] is out first for Four Corner Survival to cut a promo, but he was interupted after a minute or two by "The Final Countdown" as [B]Bryan Danielson[/B] enters for the match. [B]FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL - TITLE SHOT @ GLORY BY HONOR VII CHRIS HERO -VS- NAOMICHI MARUFUJI -VS- BRYAN DANIELSON -VS- JOEY MATTHEWS[/B] [INDENT]This match lasted nearly an hour in total, the first elimination about twenty minutes into it when Matthews was takene out by Marufuji. Hero put Marufuji out about ten minutes later and it was Danielson and Hero for the rest of the match. Hero looked amazing, and I think he should really be the first in-line for a title program when they have a face champion. Danielson picked up the win, locking Hero into the Cattle Mutilation for nearly a minute before Hero passed out in the hold. [B][SIZE="1"]WINNER: BRYAN DANIELSON[/SIZE][/B][/INDENT] That gives us McGuinness versus Danielson at [I]Glory by Honor VII[/I], which I suspect many people knew was what they were building to the entire time with Four Corner Survival. Next weekend is the first live PPV! [SIZE="1"][U]NIGHT 2 QUICK WINNERS[/U] ROH - [B]NIGEL MCGUINESS (C)[/B] -VS- JERRY LYNN NO DQ - [B]JIMMY JACOBS[/B] -VS- NECRO BUTCHER [B]BRYAN DANIELSON [/B]-VS- NAOMICHI MARUFUJI -VS- CHRIS HERO -VS- JOEY MATTHEWS [B]NWA - BRENT ALBRIGHT (C) [/B]-VS- GO SHIOZAKI [B]STEENERICO[/B] -VS THE VULTURE SQUAD [B]RODERICK STRONG [/B]-VS- RHETT TITUS [/SIZE]

[B]NEWSWIRE FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER, WEEK 4[/B] [INDENT][LIST] [*]What a huge weekend we've just had with [I]Prelude to Glory, Nights 1 & 2[/I]! Look for the special edition double-disc DVD coming soon to the ROHWrestling.com video store! [*][B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] went through hell this past weekend, but managed to come out with his life intact with a little help from the rest of The Age of The Fall. Much to the dislike of the live crowd, [B]Alison Wonderland[/B] got involved in both of this past weekends matches to help Jacobs pick up the win. Jacobs made some ominous comments on night two, and one can only wonder what he has in store for Ring of Honor in the coming weeks. [*][B]Kevin Steen & El Generico[/B] looked more focused than ever this weekend, picking up the win both nights as Steen looked to have regained his confidence. The duo will face ROH Tag Team Champions [B]Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black[/B] for the belts this weekend at [I]Glory by Honor VII[/I]; can they keep the momentum going? [*]After being announced as the surprise fourth entrant into Four Corner Survival due to his night one victory over [B]Jerry Lynn[/B], [B]Joey Matthews[/B] came up short after being put out by a Shiranui from [B]Naomichi Marufuji[/B] to be the first eliminated. Marufuji would follow after a Hero's Welcome from [B]Chris Hero[/B], and for the last fifteen minutes of the 40 minute match-up it was just Hero and "American Dragon" [B]Bryan Danielson[/B]. In the end, Hero would tapout to Danielson's Cattle Mutiliation after nearly a minute locked in the hold. Danielson will now finally get another shot at the ROH World title against current champion [B]Nigel McGuinness[/B] at [I]Glory by Honor VII[/i]! [*]Early Monday morning the ROH Videowire recieved a video from [B]Austin Aries[/B] where he challenged The Age of The Fall's [B]Joey Matthews[/B] to a match at [I]Glory By Honor VII[/I]. In the video he is holding a notebook with a black heart scrawled onto the cover; he says if [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] knows what is good for him, he'll convince Matthews to accept. He ended by telling Jacobs, "It's my turn to make demands, Jimmy. Some say that loving someone is giving them the power to destroy you, and," he thumps the notebook a couple of times, "Lacey relinquished that power. . . to me." Jacobs accepted on Matthews' behalf upon viewing of the video. [*]In addition to the already announced [I]Survival of the Fittest[/I] qualifying matches ([B]Milano Collection AT vs Go Shiozaki[/B] and [B]Roderick Strong vs Adam Pearce[/B]), one more has been announced for the show: [B]Chris Hero[/B] will take on another man who came up short in Four Corner Survival, [B]Naomichi Marufuji[/B]! [*]The complete card for [I]Glory by Honor VII[/I] at the Manhattan Center has been finalized, and it looks amazing! [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="Red"]RING OF HONOR PROUDLY PRESENTS[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B][I]GLORY BY HONOR VII[/I][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][B]ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH[/B][/SIZE] NIGEL MCGUINNESS (C) [SIZE="1"]VS "AMERICAN DRAGON[/SIZE] BRYAN DANIELSON [SIZE="1"][B]ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE[/B] THE AGE OF THE FALL[/SIZE] JIMMY JACOBS & TYLER BLACK (C) [SIZE="1"]VS[/SIZE] KEVIN STEEN & EL GENERICO [SIZE="1"][B]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE[/B][/SIZE] BRENT ALBRIGHT (C) [SIZE="1"]VS "THE NEW DYNAMITE KID"[/SIZE] DAVEY RICHARDS AUSTIN ARIES [SIZE="1"]VS[/SIZE] JOEY MATTHEWS DELIRIOUS & DAIZEE HAZE [SIZE="1"]VS[/SIZE] RHETT TITUS & SARA DEL RAY [U][B]SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST 2008 QUALIFIERS[/B][/U] CHRIS HERO [SIZE="1"]OF SWEET & SOUR INC.[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]VS[/SIZE] NAOMICHI MARUFUJI RODERICK STRONG [SIZE="1"]VS[/SIZE] ADAM PEARCE [SIZE="1"]OF SWEET & SOUR INC.[/SIZE] MILANO COLLECTION AT [SIZE="1"]VS[/SIZE] GO SHIOZAKI [SIZE="1"]OF SWEET & SOUR INC.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/LIST][/INDENT] [size="1"][u]QUICK PICKS[/U] ROH - NIGEL MCGUINNESS (C) -VS- BRYAN DANIELSON ROH TAG - JIMMY JACOBS & TYLER BLACK -VS- STEENERICO~! NWA - BRENT ALBRIGHT (C) -VS- DAVEY RICHARDS AUSTIN ARIES -VS- JOEY MATTHEWS DELIRIOUS & DAIZEE HAZE -VS- RHETT TITUS & SARA DEL RAY CHRIS HERO -VS- NAOMICHI MARUFUJI ADAM PEARCE -VS- RODERICK STRONG GO SHIOZAKI -VS- MILANO COLLECTION AT[/SIZE]

Roh - [b]nigel Mcguinness (c) [/b]-vs- Bryan Danielson Roh Tag - Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black -vs- [b]steenerico~![/b] Nwa - [b]brent Albright (c)[/b] -vs- Davey Richards [b]austin Aries[/b] -vs- Joey Matthews [b]delirious & Daizee Haze[/b] -vs- Rhett Titus & Sara Del Ray [b]chris Hero[/b] -vs- Naomichi Marufuji Adam Pearce -vs- [b]roderick Strong[/b] [b]go Shiozaki [/b]-vs- Milano Collection At

[QUOTE=falling_star;502684]Thanks for the encouragement tizzy, I'm starting to think you're my only reader. [I]GBH[/I] will probably be up sometime late this weekend because I work 28 hours in the next three days.[/QUOTE] I know how you feel sometimes man, but hey! As long as we're both having fun with our diaries, who gives a damn what others think, right?

[QUOTE=tizzyt;502691]I know how you feel sometimes man, but hey! As long as we're both having fun with our diaries, who gives a damn what others think, right?[/QUOTE] Exactly. I'm playing with the format for my shows a little bit on the next one since its supposed to be a live pay-per-view and because I'm really going to try and get my storylines in full swing. And I think I've got some good storylines on the horizon so maybe reader will pick up (I have a healthy view count thus far but I'm craving feedback). Either way I'll keep this up til it doesn't interest me or I don't have time.

Yeah, I've been trying to come up with something cool for Night 2 of GBH (which should be posted tomorrow morning) but Photoshop and I hate each other, no matter what I try to do, it hates me, I swear, I should just put a ring on it' finger, that's how much it effin hates me, have little photoshop babies with it, so they can grow up and hate me too.... Effin Photoshop... Have I mentioned yet how much I hate photoshop? Anyways, can't wait to read your GBH, I'm sure it'll be fantastic as all of your shows have been thus far.

[center][IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/rohyz3.gif[/IMG] [size="1"][i]proudly presents. . .[/i][/size] [size="5"][b][color="red"][I]GLORY BY HONOR VII[/I][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [SIZE="1"]ATTENDANCE: 5,000 - BUYRATE: 0.25 - OVERALL RATING: C+[/SIZE][/center] [INDENT][INDENT] The Manhattan Center is a complete sellout! The lights in the arena are dim and there is a small laser show going on as the live crowd goes crazy, chanting "ROH! ROH! ROH!" [B][I]Dave Prazak:[/B] "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Ring of Honor's very first live pay-per-view, Glory By Honor VII! I am, of course, Dave Prazak sitting at the announce booth tonight with Lenny Leonard."[/I] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]Lenny Leonard:[/COLOR][/B] Now, normally as the hype man, it is my job to sell you on the matches but, if you've been following us over the years or even just recently on pay-per-view, you know that here in ROH we like to do our wrestlers do their talking in the ring so tonight we're going to get right to it!"[/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]Larry Sweeney[/B][/COLOR] enters the arena with [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GO Shiozaki[/COLOR][/B] following behind him for the first match of the night. [B][I]Prazak: [/B]"This match is a qualifying match for next months ROH live show, Survival of the Fittest. For those unfamiliar with the concept, there will be six qualifying matches with the winners advancing to a huge elimination-style cage match to be crowned the 2008 Survival of the Fittest Champion!"[/I] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]Leonard:[/B][/COLOR] "Not only that, but this year we're putting $10,000 and a Ring Of Honor World title shot up for grabs in the match as well!"[/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][b]SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST QUALIFYER GO SHIOZAKI VERSUS MILANO COLLECTION AT[/b] This was a good, fast paced opened with a lot of impressive chain wrestling from the two foreign imports. Milano Collection AT looked impressive, moreso than his match earlier this month with Matt Cross but he just couldn't overcome Shiozaki, who picks up the win with a GO Flasher. [SIZE="1"][B][I]Winner: GO Shiozaki[/size][/b][/i][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT][B][I]Prazak:[/B] "And Shiozaki makes it to the cage for 2008 Survival of the Fittest!"[/I] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]Leonard:[/COLOR][/B] "And the first spot inside the cage for Sweet & Sour, Inc.! You can bet Sweeney is going to try and stack the odds in his favor by occupying as many spots as possible."[/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][B]DELIRIOUS & DAIZEE HAZE VERSUS RHETT TITUS & SARA DEL RAY[/B] The crowd wasn't very into this match, but they managed to at least hold their attention after the chain wrestling spectacle by Shiozaki & AT. Delirious, of course, brought some comedy to the match and the mismatched pair of Delirious & Haze picked up the win. [SIZE="1"][B][I]Winners: Delirious & Daizee Haze[/I][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT][B][I]Prazak:[/B] "Delirious and Daizee have been on quite an up-and-down ride the past few months, but they definitely look happy right now!"[/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]Larry Sweeney[/B][/COLOR] is backstage, flanked by [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Chris Hero[/B][/COLOR]. [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]Sweeney[/B][/COLOR]: "One spot down, and two more for Sweet & Sour, Inc. to claim, baby! My main man from Japan, Go Shiozaki, has already taken one and know its time for the "KO Kid" Chris Hero to wipe the floor with Marufuji!" [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Hero: [/B][/COLOR]"Lights. . . out!" he adds after a short pause, Sweeney chuckling as they head to the ring.[/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][B]SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST QUALIFYER CHRIS HERO VERSUS NAOMICHI MARUFUJI[/B] In what will prove to be the first in a long series of good matches tonight, Hero and Marufuji in a good storytelling match. They two start out fast, Marufuji taking to the air first and Hero trying to take his legs out. When he gains the upperhand, Hero takes to the air and misses out on a risky move for a short stalemate. Marufuji is on the technical offensive next, wearing Hero down with some stretching manuevers and nerve holds. It looks as if Marufuji has all but won when Hero comes out of nowhere with a thunderous Roaring Elbow and a definitive knockout before he makes the pin. [SIZE="1"][B][I]Winner: Chris Hero[/I][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT][B][I]Prazak:[/B] "Oh, wow! What a win for Chris Hero!"[/I] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]Leonard: [/COLOR][/B]"What a coup for Sweet & Sour, Inc.! They now hold a third of the spots for Survival of the Fittest!!"[/I] [I][B]Prazak: [/B]"And up next they have a chance to make it half![/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][B]SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST QUALIFYER RODERICK STRONG VS ADAM PEARCE[/B] A better match than expected from these two, Pearce continuing to work his NWA-influenced old school style and Strong adapted very well while keeping his own style at the same time. Pearce's natural heat with the crowd is something to behold, and it was certainly cranked on high tonight with the possibility of three memebers of Sweet & Sour Inc. advancing to Survival of the Fittest. After a fairly close match, Roderick hooks Pearce's arms behind him and lift him up before driving him down with sickening force in a devastating backbreaker! Pearce sells it like a champ, looking legit hurt as Strong covers for the win. [SIZE="1"][B][I]Winner: Roderick Strong[/I][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT][I][B]Prazak: [/B]"Up next, NWA-sanctioned action live on ROH PPV! NWA World Heavyweight Champion "The Shooter" Brent Albright defends against a man who has recently christened himself "The New Dynamite Kid," Davey Richards![/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE] [B]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH BRENT ALBRIGHT (C) VERSUS DAVEY RICHARDS[/B] At times, these two seemed to be a little off on their flow; something just didn't quite sync but regardless they made the crowd happy. This was definitely an old school treat, and the distinction of styles between ROH matches and NWA matches is becoming quite a treat. Richards tried to back up his claims to the "New Dynamite" name by employing some of Kid's spots and moves throughout the match, and Albright seemed to be chaneling "Dr. Death" Steve Williams for his performance tonight. Albright eventually retained, forcing Richards to submit to the Crowbar. [B][I][SIZE="1"]Winner, and STILL NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Brent Albright[/SIZE][/I][/B][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT][I][B]Prazak: [/B]Up next is a bit of a grudge match, though not billed as such."[/I] [I][B][COLOR="Red"]Leonard: [/COLOR][/B]"Austin Aries has had a lot of issue with The Age of The Fall lately, and his challenge to Joey Matthews is just another way of getting closer to Jimmy Jacobs. And you HAVE to wonder what that notebook Aries had is all about."[/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][B]AUSTIN ARIES VERSUS JOEY MATTHEWS[/B] After strong showings last weekend, Matthews was just not with it tonight and at times Aries' frustration was almost visable on his face. Matthews' timing was so off he even sold a clothesline that obviously didn't connect, Aries demanding he get up as the crowd chanted "Sloppy Joey" at him with laughter. That seemed to refocus him for the last portion of the match, making Austin look good in the finish as he did the job. [B][I][SIZE="1"]Winner: Austin Aries[/SIZE][/I][/B][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT]As soon as the pinfall has been counted, the light in the arena cut out. [I][B][COLOR="Red"]Leonard[/COLOR]: [/B]"What is going on?"[/I] [I][B]Prazak"[/B]"Ladies and gentlemen, I apologize, we have no clue what is going on here. Did we lose power?"[/I] A blue spotlight begins to shine down on Austin Aries, and he looks around to see if he can find anything in the darkness. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Voice:[/B][/COLOR][I]"Love, just like passion, comes with power. That power, as you put it Austin, is the power to destroy. You think you've suffered? Jimmy, do you think you've suffered. [scoffs] You don't know anything about suffering. But. . . I can teach you. I can teach you boys all about it. A time will come soon when your two supposedly tormented souls will meet in battle, and you will both hurt and scar one another endlessly; I will bring about the end. Welcome to the end of days; so it is written, and so it shall come to pass. Qoute the Raven. . . nevermore. . ."[/I] The crowd explodes as the words end, the lights coming back up as Aries looks around trying to spot Raven in the arena but he is nowhere to be found. [B][COLOR="Red"]Leonard: [/COLOR][/B][I]"[COLOR="Blue"][B]Raven[/B][/COLOR]! It was Raven!! Where is he?!"[/I] [B]Prazak: [/B][I]"I don't know, Lenny, I can't see him anywhere! What was that message all about?! What is he trying to do?!"[/I] [COLOR="Red"][B]Leonard: [/B][/COLOR][I]"He didn't seem to side with either manm but if anyone knows how to play mindgames, its Raven!"[/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][B]ROH TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH JIMMY JACOBS & TYLER BLACK (C) VERSUS KEVIN STEEN & EL GENERICO[/B] The crowd was far too burned out for what this match tried to be, after the long series of good matches and the shock of Raven's apparent return to ROH. They told a good story with it, Steen & Generico kept at bay until it looks lost, then making the massive comeback for their predictable title win as they celebrate like crazy in the crowd. [B][I][SIZE="1"]Winners, and NEW ROH Tag Team Champions: Kevin Steen & El Generico[/SIZE][/I][/B][/QUOTE] [INDENT][INDENT][B]Prazak:[/B][I]"They did it! They finally did it! Steen promised they would wear gold before the end of the year, and he made good on it tonight! Can Bryan Danielson do the same, and recapture the ROH World title?"[/I][/INDENT][/INDENT] [QUOTE][B]ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH NIGEL MCGUINNESS (C) VERSUS BRYAN DANIELSON[/B] This was easily the match of the night, and a MOTY candidate as Danielson and McGuinness pulled out all the stops in a long, multi-facted match. They started out with a technical showcase, back-and-forth chain wrestling and submission attempts. McGuinness grew frustrated with his inability to outwrestle Danielson and launched a hard-hitting, brawling assault to gain the upperhand. Danielson took a beating for over five minutes with no offense, but managed to kick out a tight fisherman suplex from Nigel. Frustrated, Nigel's anger gets the best of him and Danielson takes charge with some stiff licks of his own, wearing him down until he can start stretching him again. Near falls are very few during the encounter, McGuinness scoring one and Danielson getting a failed submission attempt after locking on a Dragon sleeper. Forty-five minutes in now, and they are still going all out and the brawl spills over into the ringside area while trading stiff blows. McGuinness lands a devestating Jawbreaker Lariat on the outside, and rolls into the ring to recover as Danielson lay motionless on the concrete. McGuinness uses the referee to pull himself back up, stalling the ref's countout call while the crowd starts to stir about the potential screwjob finish. Danielson starts to move, and narrowly beats a countout as he rolls back into the ring. McGuinness goes on the offensive, but again his anger makes him sloppy and Danielson recovers strongly enough to gain a breather. The two shake it all off, and start in on another string of chain wrestling as the crowd roars. . . but in the middle of the chain, the bell sounds; the sixty minute time limit has expired! [B][I][SIZE="1"]Winner: TIME LIMIT DRAW, Nigel McGuinness retains[/SIZE][/I][/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"][U]QUICK WINNERS & MATCH RATINGS[/U] ROH WORLD - NIGEL MCGUINNESS (C) -VS- BRYAN DANIELSON (B) ROH TAG- JIMMY JACOBS & TYLER BLACK -VS- [B]KEVIN STEEN & EL GENERICO[/B] (C-) [B]AUSTIN ARIES[/B] -VS- JOEY MATTHEWS (C-) NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT - [B]BRENT ALBRIGHT (C)[/B] -VS- DAVEY RICHARDS (C+) [B]RODERICK STRONG[/B] -VS- ADAM PEARCE (C+) [B]CHRIS HERO[/B] -VS- NAOMICHI MARUFUJI (C+) [B]DELIRIOUS & DAIZEE HAZE[/B] -VS- RHETT TITUS & SARA DEL RAY (D-) [B]GO SHIOZAKI[/B] -VS- MILANO COLLECTION AT (D+)[/SIZE]

Great show dude, really enjoyed it can't wait to see what you do with Survival of the Fittest Thought I'd also take this time to rub it in that... *clears throat* I got my ticket today for the PPV Taping in Chicago 11/22/2008 [CENTER][IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/1007080005-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/1007080005a.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Blows me away though... I paid $30 for 3rd row, they send me a $40 2nd row seat, I'm effin hyped up as hell! (also posted this on my diary, mainly because I'm a dork, but MOSTLY because... I'M GOING TO THE PPV TAPING 11/22!!!) [CENTER][IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/logo_ROH.png[/IMG] [I][B]Forever! [/B][/I][/CENTER]

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/logo_main.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]ROH NEWS: BACKSTAGE NEWS, NWA AFFILIATION, AND ROSTER UPDATES[/B][/SIZE] [INDENT][LIST] [*][B]Bret Hart[/B] and [B]Gabe Sapolsky[/B] made several announcements to the roster yesterday before the live broadcast of [I]Glory By Honor VII[/I]. First is that the majority of Ring Of Honor trainees will no longer be used during pre-show matches ([B]Bobby Dempsey[/B], [B]Ernie Osiris[/B], and [B]Mitch Franklin[/B] are no longer with the company at all). [*]It was also announced that, due to cost cutting measures, [B]Bobby Cruise[/B] and [B]Lenny Leonard[/B] have been cut from the planned announce team. Beginning with next month's DVD tapings and live show, the announce team will be [B]Dave Prazak[/B] and Gabe Sapolsky (aka [B]Jimmy Bower[/B]) [*]It was [B]Bret Hart[/B]'s idea to do some of the schmoz finishes from the last set of shows; he said he wanted to witness the crowd reaction live to see how the ROH crowd responded. It was also his idea to have [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] and The Age of The Fall involved, hoping the heat would transfer over to them but it doesn't seem to have worked quite as well as he is said to have hoped. [*][B]Raven[/B]'s return to the company wasn't seen as much of a surprise since he is good friends with Gabe Sapolsky; it is said that Sapolsky wanted another good booking mind around to help shine the ideas he & Hart were churning out. It is said that Raven will be taking over the booking of the [B]Austin Aries[/B]/Age of The Fall fued to try and keep it fresh. [*]There has been a representative for the NWA present at each show for the NWA-sanctioned matches. Both ROH and NWA made a concious decision to present old school matches for the NWA bouts as a way of rebuilding the tradition attatched to the NWA World title. Gabe Sapolsky is said to be pleasently surprised at how the crowd has reacted so far. [*]There are rumours that NWA World Tag Team Champions [B]Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)[/B] could be making some ROH appearances in the future. [/LIST][/INDENT]

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;504147]I went to a ROH event down in south jersey. got 2nd row seats for 20 bucks[/QUOTE] HEY! THIS IS NO TIME TO STEAL MY DAMNED THUNDER DARTH! WE CAN'T ALL BE COOL LIKE YOU DAAAARRRTHHHH :p just f'n around dude... WHAT?! NO MORE BOBBY DEMPSEY CHANTS?! :( Raven in charge of booking the Aries vs AOTF feud? That could get REALLY good

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/rohyz3.gif[/IMG][SIZE="5"][B] ROHWRESTLING.COM - BREAKING NEWS![/B][/SIZE] [INDENT][LIST] [*]This month we're heading to the Great Lakes for a doubleshot weekend in Detroit and Chicago; and what would a visit to Chicago be without [B]The Motor City Machine Guns[/B]?! Just announced, the most underestimated team in TNA takes on the best tag team in the world! [B]The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Briscoe Brothers[/B] at [I]Motor City Madness[/I]! [*]Stay tuned this week for an announcement of the FULL CARD for [I]Motor City Madness[/I], as well as the main event of [I]Showdown in Chi-Town[/I]! We'll also be announcing the final [I]Survival of the Fittest 2008[/I] qualifying matches to take place over the doubleshot weekend! [/LIST][/INDENT]

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/logo_main.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B]ROH NEWS: LEAKED MOTOR CITY MADNESS CARD![/B][/SIZE] We have recieved, from a source we believe to be credible, a copy of the card for Ring of Honor's [I]Motor City Madness[/I] show next Friday in Detrot. [LIST=1] [*][B]ROH World Title Match[/B] - Nigel McGuinness (c) vs. Rocky Romero [*][B]Survival of the Fittest Qualifier[/B] - Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards [*][B]Survival of the Fittest Qualifier; NO DQ[/B] - Necro Butcher vs. Joey Matthews [*][B]ROH Tag Team Title[/B] - Steenerico vs. Go Shiozaki & Tank Toland [*]The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Briscoe Brothers [*]Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Hero [*]Naomichi Marufuji vs. Tyler Black [/LIST]

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/logo_main.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B]ROH NEWS: BREAKING BACKSTAGE NEWS![/B][/SIZE] During an interview with WrestleZone Radio last night, [B]Daizee Haze[/B] revealed that she and [B]Delirious[/B] have both been released from Ring of Honor and said that the decision was made purely by [B]Bret Hart[/B]. Apparently the Hitman thought Delirious was making too much and wanted to renegotiate but wasn't willing to pay enough. When Daizee objected, Hart simply told her she could go out the door with him. She also said that Hitman gave her every impression that he had no more interest in using SHIMMER attraction matches and plans to get rid of some of the other women in ROH very soon as well. Another tidbit she let loose is that [B]Julius Smokes[/B] recently signed a development deal with WWE and will be heading to Florida Championship Wrestling in the near future; she said WWE made an offer to [B]Chris Hero[/B] as well, but they were turned down. Previously announced for the company's upcoming Brawl in the Boroughs show, Delirous is no longer listed for any upcoming events on the ROH website.

BA?... BA?.... BWAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :( ROH World Title Match - [B]Nigel McGuinness (c)[/B] vs. Rocky Romero Survival of the Fittest Qualifier - Claudio Castagnoli vs. [B]Davey Richards[/B] Survival of the Fittest Qualifier; NO DQ - [B]Necro Butcher[/B] vs. Joey Matthews ROH Tag Team Title - [B]Steenerico[/B] vs. Go Shiozaki & Tank Toland The Motor City Machine Guns vs. [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] Jerry Lynn vs. [B]Chris Hero[/B] [B]Naomichi Marufuji[/B] vs. Tyler Black

[CENTER][IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/rohyz3.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][U][B]UPCOMING SCHEDULE[/B][/U][/size] Motor City Madness - Saturday, Week 2 of October Showdown in Chi-Town - Sunday, Week 2 of October PPV - Survival of the Fittest 2008 - Sunday, Week 3 of October Throwdown on Landsdowne - Friday, Week 1 of November Brawl in the Boroughs - Saturday, Week 2 of November PPV - The Ring of Honor Wrestling Classic - Sunday, Week 3 of November DOUBLESHOT - The Chicago Spectacular - December TBA PPV - Final Battle 2008 - Sunday, Week 3 of December[/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
Been a long few weeks, haven't had much time on the computer. One of the other managers at work lost his father and I picked up some of his shifts, put in over 40 hours the past two weeks and this week I got laid up with some nasty virus, so I've been off work and sleeping away most of the weekend. I should be back to updated soon.

• 2 months later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/rohyz3.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"][B][I]MOTOR CITY MADNESS[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]ATTENDENCE: 2,000 (SELL OUT) - OVERALL RATING: C-[/SIZE][/CENTER] [LIST] [*]In the first match of the night, Tyler Black looked very impressive but came up short against [B]Naomichi Marufuji[/B] [*][B]Steenerico[/B] was successful in their first ROH Tag Team title defense against Sweet & Sour Inc.'s GO Shiozaki & Tank Toland [*]In the first [I]Survival of the Fittest[/I] qualifying match of the evening, [B]Claudio Castagnoli[/B] bested "The New Dynamite Kid" Davey Richards to move on to the cage [*]In what most are calling the match of the evening, already-qualified [B]Chris Hero[/B] defeated Jerry Lynn [*][B]Necro Butcher[/B] gained somewhat of surprising victory over The Age of The Fall's Joey Matthews in a brutal No DQ match to qualify for Survival of the Fittest [*]Rocky Romero gave a great performance but unsurprisingly came up short in his ROH World title match with [B]Nigel McGuinness[/B] [*]In the main event of the evening, hometown boys [B]The Motor City Machine Guns[/B] defeated [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] in surprisingly unmemorable main event [/LIST] [SIZE="1"][U]QUICK RESULTS[/U] [B]NAOMICHI MARUFUJI[/B] -V- TYLER BLACK (D) ROH TAG TEAM TITLES: [B]STEENERICO[/B] (C) -V- GO SHIOZAKI & TANK TOLAND SOTF QUALIFIER: [B]CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI[/B] -V- DAVEY RICHARDS JERRY LYNN -VS- [B]CHRIS HERO[/B] SOTF QUALIFIER, NO DQ: [B]NECRO BUTCHER[/B] -V- JOEY MATTHEWS ROH WORLD TITLE: [B]NIGEL MCGUINNESS[/B] (C) -V- ROCKY ROMERO [B]MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS[/B] -V- THE BRISCOE BROTHERS [/SIZE]

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff94/falling_starTNA/rohyz3.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="3"][B]COMPLETE CARD FOR SHOWDOWN IN CHI-TOWN[/B][/SIZE] [LIST] [*]Delirious versus Eddie Edwards [*]ROH Tag Title Match: Steenerico (c) versus NWA Tag Team Champions Los Luchas [*]Matt Cross versus Jigsaw [*]Austin Aries versus GO Shiozaki [*]Bryan Danielson versus Erick Stevens [*][I]Survival of the Fittest[/I] Qualifier: Jerry Lynn versus Jimmy Jacobs [*]ROH World Title Match: Nigel McGuinness versus NWA World Champion Brent Albright [/LIST]

Archived