The Blog of Brad Rach

[I]The Cornelleverse Data was crated by Adam Ryland and not myself, all wrestlers, promotions, etc are of his creation unless stated otherwise[/I] [I]This Diary will be done in the form of an online blog[/I] [B]Cheers![/B] Wow its been a weird few months of negotiations but I'm finally freed up legally to talk about it. I've been living in Japan now for a few years now and have picked up on the language and the culture, particularly wrestling. Its different down here then it is back in Canada, but I perfer it here. For the few years I've lived here I became obessed with Power Glory Honour Wrestling. I have a little bit of training in wrestling and hit the gym frequently, where I met a man who worked there named Tanaka. We had become friends when I found out that not only does he know a few wrestlers from PGHW, but one of my favourites, Dread, actually frequents it! He promised to introduce me and a few weeks later it happened. Now if you ever have the chance to meet him, Dread is one of the nicest people I've met. Very professional and serious about the business we ended up becoming friends and frequently talked about the business. I frequently shared my ideas for the promotion, and he felt I had a very level head for wrestling, particularly the pure style whch PGHW enjoys. So when it became public that the stress of booking was becoming too much for Nobuatsu Tatsuko, Dread suggested I should speak with Sadaharu Jimbo about applying for the position. It took some convincing but I finally agreed. I felt a deep sense of embarressment showing tapes of the tiny traditional promotion in Canada I had booked for a few months, but was shocked when Mr. Jimbo told me he was impressed what I pulled off with the poor talent available. I assumed this was just pleasentries and I left the interview feeling more privilaged to be considered, more then hopeful for the job. A week later everything was a blur as I was asked to take the position. Of course I accepted and just recently the red tape has been done away with. My first decision is a hard one, I am going to replace the announcers for shows, as I feel Keiji Takeda and Sosa Morri don't do justice to the matches. I also want to try out experimenting with some well trained high flying workers. My first show to book comes this thursday with out weekly televised program, The King's Road. I hope things go well, and watch for my booking debut in Japan!

December Week 1 Recap Wow what a week! I entered into negotiations with several different people looking for new talent and announcers. The best and most affordable Colour Commentator I could get is a man named Jack Giedroyc. He is primarily a wrestler and I watched some of his matches, he has talent but I can't bring him on board for talent alone, he just isn't up to par. The poor guy came in expecting a development contract I think, but he seemed open to work, even though he refused a Written Contact. I signed him on as our new Colour Commentator in the end. I entered into discussions with a few announcers but couldn;t find anyone good enough for the role. I fell back on my second, plan which was to ask Sadaharu Jimbo to do it. Surprisingly he agreed to do it, and I have to say he is damn good at it! With that out of the way I spoke to Keiji Takeda and Sosa Morri. I've never had to fire someone from a job this big, these guys had been with the company for two and four years respectively. Both were understandably hurt, but I ended up going through with it, and had my new announce team. Almost straight after we finished I had to go to a meeting with American Elemental. The guy is an unkown, but I have been sticking to a strict list of cruiserweight Fliers to bring in, and Elemental was one that Mr. Jimbo allowed. American Elemental seemed overjoyed at the prospect and signed on board for a meager salary After this was out of the way I started looking in to booking my first show. My first idea was to get the title off of Mito Miwa. I decided I would run this promotion with a very personal approach so I brought Miwa into my office. I told him he was very valuable to the company, but his title reign would be ending soon. I told him he would drop the belt to Yoshimi Mushashibo. Working in Canada the belts were fairly meaningless but today I was really asking alot. Miwa agreed and we worked out some ideas for him after he drops the belt. With that out of the way I made my rounds and talked to several of our workers, then I got ready for the first show in Hokkaido. It started out with a decent match with Joshua Taylor beating Masaru Ugaki in a pre-show match. Noriyori Sanda defeated Bryan Holmes in an equally unspectacular match. Then I got the shock of the night. My idea so far has been to given my workers alot of time to work with for matches and have only a few a night and tonight it really helped. Bryan Vessay defeated Buddy Garner in one of the best matches I have seen in a long time. Finally my first big deal in booking, I had Yoshimi Mushashibo beat Mito Miwa for the Glory Crown Title. There styles didn't work well and the match was pretty bad, but both men handled it professionally and their fans certainly enjoyed the fight despite it's problems. Overall the show didn't do great but I was happy with it, Mr. Jimbo is reportably upset with my main event booking, and in a sense I agree it was a poorly booked match, but with his diverse styles I think Mushashibo is the ideal champion.

December Week 2 Recap I got a surprise when my assistant handed me my weekly report. I had spoken with Mr. Jimbo last week about possible new talent and one of my most hopeful prospects, Hell Monkey, had been refused. Well this week I was greeted with a report that he failed Steroid testing. Glad we dodged the bullet there. Things were quite in the business aspect aside from adjusting pushes and getting some of the new talent prepped. Primarily American Elemental who is my first signed worker. He seems excited about his debut and not at all phased that he wont be on television for quite some time. As Thursday came fast the locker room seemed optimistic about my show and after I convinced Mr. Jimbo that the Main Event this week would be a killer, he promised to forget about last week. The event started out well with two preshow matches. I gave American Elemental a short loss to Noriyori Sanda. I think Sanda will be good for American Elelmental, as he is a much more experienced worker, but has a style that blends good enough. Next I had PRIDE Koiso defeat Raymond Diaz in a match that seemed to impress me more then the audience, but was basically good. When the televised show started, then was the time for the matches to shine. Shuji Inukai defeated Nobuatsu Tatsuko in a terrific match that ended by submission. These two worked beautifully together and I'm thinking of setting up a series for these guys. Next Mito Miwa defeated Dread. I felt that Dread needed to good showing on television as he hadn't appeared in awhile and I owed him for getting me this job. He had trouble carrying the long match so I promised him I would stick to shorter bouts when booking him. Despite tiring him out this match was terrific through and through and Miwa seemed very happy afterwards, I think I made the right choice taking the title off of him. Now the main event for this week: Yoshimi Mushashibo defeated Bryan Vessay in a incredible match. I was worried that they would be disappointing to watch as Vessay mainly does upper midcard work, but they put on the match of the night. Overall the show was a huge sucess and the company seems to have grown a bit from it. I breathed a sigh of relief and sent out a message on the wires that this Sunday at The Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival Mushashibo would defend his title against Bryan Vessay and Buddy Garner in a tripple threat match. I took calls all weekend about how good the show was on Thursday and how there is a buzz about the festival. Sunday came and all my superstars were prepped and ready for the night as I gave out assignments. I noticed alot of unhappiness from some of the workers not being used, as many haven't been given jobs since I started. The worst is Larry Vessay, a man who I feel is untalented and has a bad attitude. He is still employed primarily because of his brother, and if I'm not careful, I could lose Bryan if I chose to fire Larry. A 17000 waste of money if you ask me. The show itself went very well. I had American Elemental star off again, this time being beaten by William Hayes in a match for the International Title. American Elemental is improving well and seems to be happy in his position, I'm hoping this is a good investment in the end. My next preshow match featured Danger Kumasaka defeating Lee Bennett in a decent enough match. The show itself began with Dread picking up a win over Lee Wright. I was true to my work with a shorter match and it payed off, giving a solid opener. The next match saw Eisaku Hoshino take down PRIDE Koiso. Mr. Jimbo is a big supporter of Eisaku so I agreed to use him more, I hope he wont get in the way of my plans. Mito Miwa fought off against Eisaku Kunomasu and I may have found to ideal opponent for Miwa. This match was really jaw dropping and probably my favourite of the night, despite not being a big fan of either men. Next Nobuatsu Tatsuko beat Shuji Inukai with a submission in another terrific match. The night finished off with a great main event. Mushashibo pinned Buddy Garner in the three way featuring the two men and Bryan Vessey. This match blended so well, I think I'll be using these three alot in the future. The show went off very well and I am quite pleased. I almost must point out that the fesitval went very well with all promotions having great events. Burning Hammer really stuck out to me tho, a packed card that ended with Raul Hughes defeating Tadiyuki Kikkawa in the main event to retain the title. I am definately picking up some DVDs from this weekend when they come out!

Week 3 Recap My search for good ariel cruiserweight action seems to be doing badly. Sensational Dragon refused negotiations with me in a depressing end of the week. However things are looking good. I've been encouraged to use alot more of our roster to try and keep morale up, so this week I had a larger ammount of workers that I fetured. I announced that Mushashibo VS Vessay and Tatsuko VS Inukai would be taking place at the next big event, although I plan to be using these men in my televised shows anyway. This week was a stanard show that saw Ryoma Muruyama defeat American Elemental in a pre show match. These two worked well together but Muruyama couldn't hide Elemental's problems very well. In another preshow match Team Toronto beat Team Strength Rush. To be honest I don't care for the tag division in PGHW and would sooner get rid of these guys for some better talent. For the televised matches I went for my standard three segements. Dread started it off by defeating Tetsunori Yasuda in an ok match. In a match that surprised me, Eisaku Hoshino defeated Danger Kumasaka. The match was longer then most and they did a fantastic job, getting a great reaction from the crowd. This week's Main Event was a killer match that had Shuji Inukai defeat Nobuatsu Tatsuko is a submission match. These two are really headlining well. Overall the night was a sucess.

Archived