New York City Wrestling: Tradition Begins Anew

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Spotlight: Japan (pt.2)[/B][/COLOR] Golden Canvas Grappling Size: Regional Prestige:C Owner: Hanshiro Furusawa Head Booker: Kazu Yoshizawa World Champion: Kazu Yoshizawa (def. Yoshifusa Maeda to win title vacated when "Jungle" Jack Marlowe signed with TCW) World HW Tag Team: Toshiharu Hyobanshi & Namboku Makuda (def. n/a) Openweight Champion: Hiroyasu Gakusha (def. n/a) Still pretty popular in Shikoku, GCG is still showing signs of age. GCG aren't having bad shows, per se, but they're just being left in the dust by Burning Hammer and PGHW. World Level Wrestling Prestige; D Size: Regional Owner: Koji Kojima Head Booker: Haru Kurofuji Universal Champion: The Great Hisato (def. Dark EAGLE, Oct.06) Tapout Champion: Insane Machine (def. Magnum KOBE, Oct.06) Tag Champions: The Incredible KOYAMA & Koji Kojima (def. Deano Machino & Insane Machine, Oct.06) Streetfighting Champion: Koji Kojima (def. Insane Machine, Dec.05) Show Stealer Champion: Hell Monkey (def. n/a) More popular through Japan on average, but less prestigious than GCG, due to their style, Kojima's band of great workers mixed with American Sports Entertainment is proving pretty successful in Japan. Luckily for them, Great Hisato hasn't imploded yet, and has been having incredible matches with Dark EAGLE as of late. [B]Halloween Hell: Mach 2 Crowd: 544 [I](looks like two weeks between shows, at least)[/I] [/B][/COLOR] Joey Poison cut a promo on Frankie Perez, just generally mocking all of Camp Chord about Steve Flash's Empire Title win. Rating: C+ Joey Poison fought to a Double DQ with Frankie Perez at 11:44, when both men struck the referee in the heat of battle. Rating: C Brent Hill joined the parade of people trashing Chord and praising Steve Flash, turning his attention to Champagne Lover, calling the former champion a disgrace, noting that the dark days of NYCW were now over. Rating: C- Brent Hill defeated Champagne Lover by Countout at 12:23, when Rip Chord noticed that Lover was taking a beating, and advised him to live to fight another day. Rating: C+ The new recurring segment, now titled "Rip Chord is Better Than You" showed Rip shooting pool like Minnesota Fats. Overall: A Steve Flash defeated Mean Jean Cattley at 10:31 with the Flash Of Brilliance to retain the NYCW Empire Title. Clean win for Flash, as Cattley did the honors like a pro. Rating: C+ After the match, Champagne Lover hit the ring, just to shatter a full champagne bottle over Flash's head. This was Lover's message that it wasn't over. Rating: C- [B]Overall: C[/B] October Finances: + $3,164 [COLOR=Red][B]NOVEMBER 2006[/B][/COLOR] Black Hat Bailey won the North American title from Lobster Warrior, but lost the belt in short order to Sam Keith. In TCW, former DAVE star Shawn Gonzalez cemented his status as a major player, defeating Rick Law for the TCW World Title on the first Total Wrestling TV show of the month. Bryan Holmes signed a written pact with NOTBPW. Crap, I was going to float him an offer soon. [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Back in New York[/COLOR][/B] I was so busy crapping my pants over the poor ticket sales last month that I forgot to offer Dickie Gellar a contract extension. He's gone, and sour about being let go. Hopefully, he'll be more responsive to contract offers in due time. [B]NYCW November Nightmare Attendance: 861[/B] The Big Problem was out to run down Joey Poison. He mocked Joey for being so laid back, but said he couldn't be casual for long, because now he has a problem... a BIG problem. Overall: C- Joey Poison said the only problem he had tonight was deciding whether to watch Mallrats or Fast Times at Ridgemont High on DVD when he got back home. Overall: C- Joey Poison defeated The Big Problem at 8:41 with the Antidote Web, in yet another step of Project Get Joey Poison over. Overall: C- Frankie Perez talked smack to Steve Flash, saying that he threw one by Camp Chord, but he wouldn't throw another. He promised to have a parade down Broad Street in Philadelphia with the title, then took one last shot by saying the only thing this crowd should hate more than a champion from Philadelphia is a Canadian one. Rating: C Brent Hill defeated C.H. Threepwood via submission at 11:42 to the Figure Four. Yes, NYCW is now big enough to have filler matches. Big win for Brent, who had no problem with the youngster. Rating: C Brent Hill grabbed the mic. Everyone expected him to run down Rip Chord, but he had another objective tonight. "I've had a lot of great moments in my career, especially in this year. I've had the honor of fighting with, and against, the greatest family in professional wrestling, the Stones, I was able to win the Empire Title, this has been a career year for me, and you people here in New York have been a big part of that, I thank you all." "So, I hope you all can understand what I'm about to do. Steve Flash, I'm proud as hell of you. I've been honored to fight by your side, but I want to be on the other side just one time. You and me, for the Empire Title, one time. I want to see what I'm made of, and I think you do too." Rating:C This time on Rip Chord is Better Than You, Rip shoots hoops better than any old guy this side of Patrick Ewing. Rating: B+ Rip Chord come out, he says that it's funny what success does to friends, insinuating that Hill is jealous of Steve Flash, then says it won't matter, as Frankie Perez will be the Champion soon. Rating: C+ Steve Flash defeated Frankie Perez at 13:03 with the Flashbang to retain the NYCW Empire Title. Good match, but Frankie isn't ready to really run with the strap right now. Rating: C [B]Overall: C[/B] [I][B]Next Time: The challenge has been accepted, Steve Flash faces Brent Hill at NYCW: Fight for the Five Boroughs. Champagne Lover also takes on a mystery opponent, who has spent time with one of the big two. [/B] [/I]

Real quick, I want to stop again and thank everyone who has provided feedback. Hope everyone's enjoying reading this as much as I am playing through it. [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Spotlight: United States (pt.1 - The Big Three)[/B][/COLOR] Supreme Wrestling Federation Prestige: A Size: Global Owner: Richard Eisen Head Booker: Sam Keith Main Eventers: Christian Faith, Enygma, Eric Eisen, Jack Bruce, Remo, Runaway Train, Skull DeBones, & Steve Frehley. World Champion: Remo (def. Steve Frehley, Oct.06) North American Champion: Sam Keith (def. Black Hat Bailey, Nov.06) Shooting Star Champion: Pecs (def Brett Biggz, Sep.06, 19 title defenses) World Tag Team Champions: The Almighty Dollar (Rich Money & Remo, def. High Concept -- Elmo Benson/Groucho Bling Dec.05) FYI: The Almighy Dollar are now 38-0 vs The Warriors of the Deep. The juggernaut of the wrestling industry, SWF shows no signs of stopping. With three shows, one each on CANN, America-Sports-1, and GNN Total Sports, they have as much television penetration as anyone, and have more viewers and PPV buyers than anyone in the business. Total Championship Wrestling Prestige: B Size: National Owner: Tommy Cornell Head Booker: Sam Strong World Champion: Shawn Gonzalez (def. Rick Law, Nov.06) Tag Champions: The Demons Of Rage (Demon Spite & Demon Anger, def. Hardcore Uproar -- Madman Boone & Genghis Rahn, Nov.06) International Champion: Ronnie V. Pain (def. Demon Anger, Oct.06) Hardcore Champion: Madman Boone (def. n/a - 37 title defenses) All Action Champion: Fumihiro Ota (def. Harry Allen, Nov.06) Main Eventers: BLZ Bubb, Liberty, Rick Law, Ricky Dale Johnson, Shawn Gonzalez, & Tommy Cornell If nothing else, TCW is gutsy. They hired Shawn Gonzalez from DAVE in May, then put their World Title on him five months later. Gonzalez has lived up to the challenge though, putting on good performances. This was very much a transitional year for TCW, who got rid of some talent they had high hopes on, but they weren't afraid to rely on newcomers. Danger and Violence Extreme Prestige: B Size: Cult Owner: Phil Vibert Head Booker: Nemesis Unified Champion: Chris Caulfield (def. Nemesis, Sep.06) Brass Knuckles Champion: Nemesis (def. Tank Bradley for title vacated when Eddie Peak signed with SWF, Jul.06) Tag Champions: Travis Century & Scout (def. The New Jersey Devils -- Tank Bradley & Alex Braun, Oct.06) Main Eventers: Alex Braun, Chris Caufield, Eric Tyler, Guide, & Nemesis DAVE is getting robbed blind. First, they see a half dozen guys go to SWF, then Bryan Holmes signs with NOTBPW, and to cap it all of, Shawn Gonzalez signs with TCW... and wins their World Title. DAVE always seems to find a way to survive, though. [B]NYCW: Fight For the Five Boroughs Crowd: 942[/B] Frankie Perez engaged in smack talk RE: Joey Poison. He ran down Joey for having lost to Mean Jean Cattley last month, then made sure to mention that Camp Chord was gunning for the winner of Hill/Flash later tonight. Rating: C Joey Poison defeated Frankie Perez via countout at 7:36 Joey was looking for the Antidote Web when Frankie took a powder, with Rip Chord telling him to "save something for later." The tension mounts... Rating: C Champagne Lover came out to confidently state that it didn't matter who it was that came to NYCW to face him. He heard it was someone from the "Big Two" but didn't care if it was Shawn Gonzalez or that other guy... Reno, Reebo, whatever his name is (yeah, like we could afford him, even if he wasn't under contract). A cheap knockoff of Pink Floyd's "Money" brought out his opponent, TCW Jobber (and PPA contractee) Chance Fortune. Chance said he heard someone in NYCW was ruining perfectly good bottles of champagne by cracking people in the head with them, and that was just unacceptable. Rating: C+ Chance Fortune defeated Champagne Lover in 11:42 with the Stroke of Luck to make a hot debut. Rating: C Rip Chord came out to promise that he'd let Flash and Hill have their fun, but to be wary, Rip said he'd make the winner an offer they couldn't refuse: the champ vs Champagne Lover in a steel cage. The Champ's title on the line, but Rip vowed to leave NYCW if Lover lost the match. Rating: B+ Steve Flash defeated Brent Hill with the Flash Of Brilliance at 15:37. No dirty tricks or heel turns here, just a straight up match with a handshake at the end. C+ (match) C (handshake spot) Brent Hill left Flash to celebrate, which was a mistake. Once Hill was reasonably far away, Camp Chord (minus Jean Cattley, who wasn't getting 700 bucks for a run-in) hit the ring and beat down Flash. Hill noticed and ran back, but the damage had been done. Rating: C Overall: C+ [I][B]Next Week: NYCW: Friday Night Fight, featuring Champagne Lover (w/Rip Chord) vs Steve Flash, in a cage, Flash's title vs Chord's career. Chance Fortune vs Mean Jean Cattley in a #1 Contender's match, and Rafael Ruiz vs CH Threepwood. [/B] [/I]

In sad news, OLLIE Color man Lorenzo Blanco is in bad shape after an apparent overdose. Just as a note, the "In Other News" section will return when there's enough news to justify it. [B]NYCW: Friday Night Fight Crowd: 477[/B] Frankie Perez came out to formally kick off the NYCW Tri-State Regional Title tournament, proudly stating that one winning the gold, he'd rename it the Philadelphia Title, and never, ever defend it in New York. Rating: C Tri-State Regional Tournament: Round 1: Frankie Perez def. Rafael Ruiz by submission at 6:43 with the Liberty Bell Lock to advance to the quarterfinals. Rating: C- Joey Poison basically said that he beat The Big Problem before, and he'd beat him again, but this time, he'd do it to win the "totally sweet" Tri-State regional title Rating: C+ Tri-State Regional Tournament: Round 1: Joey Poison defeated The Big Problem at 4:02 with the Antidote Web to advance to the semis. I'd like to use Problem for something other than a stepping stone, but he just doesn't fit in with the new NYCW, which is built around the technical aspect of traditional wrestling, rather than brawling. Rating: C Chance Fortune came out, which is always a big segment for the female fans, who love the guy. Nothing against C.H. Threepwood, he said, but tonight was about Chance Fortune getting one step closer to getting some gold around his waist. Rating: C Chance Fortune defeated C.H. Threepwood in 8:53 with the Stroke of Luck. Just a way to get Chance acclimated to NYCW and keep Threepwood on the card. Rating: C- Rip Chord is Better Than You: at weightlifting Rating: B+ Rip Chord came out live to say that sometimes in life, some people have to take risks in order to get what they want. The catch: he wasn't one of those people. There was no risk for him tonight, because there was no way Champagne Lover was going to lose Rating: C+ Steve Flash defeated Champagne Lover in a cage match at 16:04 to retain the NYCW Empire Title. As a result of a pre-match stipulation, Rip Chord must leave NYCW. Rating: C+ [B]Overall: C+[/B] And that was good enough to lift New York City Wrestling to a regional promotion, as we've hit C- in the Tri-State Area. November was a big month, with $10,000 in profits, mainly due to big sponsorship gains and healthy ticket sales. [B][COLOR=Red]DECEMBER 2006[/COLOR][/B] TV Update: SWF, TCW, BHOTWG, and PGHW all have three television shows right now. DAVE has two, and NOTBPW, CGC, and UCR have one each. Shane Sneer and Ricky Dale Johnson aren't on good terms right now, and Remo's SWF title reign came to an end at the hands of Enygma. Let's get right to another [B]NYCW Invasion of New England. Crowd: 33[/B] Archival footage of Rip Chord giving Mean Jean Cattley a pep talk. "Jean, you can get it done without me." Cattley appeared live to say that Camp Chord will survive in honor of Rip, and they had a big suprise for everyone at Tradition Begins Anew in two weeks, and Brent Hill would find out what, or who, it is first hand. (B+) Chance Fortune, sporting a "Where's Rip?" t-shirt responded with a "no you can't." (Rating: C) Chance Fortune def. Mean Jean Cattley at 9:56 with a Stroke of Luck. (Rating: C) Whistler (yes, I can afford to use the useless lug after a year) cut a promo on Champagne Lover. The theme: Not on my turf, not in the good Ol' U.S. of A. (Rating: C) Champagne Lover defeated Whistler at 6:48 with a Champagne Bottle Shot. (Rating: C) Overall: C anddddddddddddddd the show lost four grand... and we fell back to small size, and D popularity in Tri-State, and fell back to an F in prestige. Expansion ain't easy, but the fact that our roster was too thin for a bigger promotion was to blame as well (probably moreso, in fact). [B][I]Next Week: We try to pick up the pieces after our fall, when we go back to New York for Tradition Begins Anew, where we'll see Steve Flash defend his Empire Title in a 3-Way match against Jean Cattley and Chance Fortune, with all three men wrestling matches before the main event. Also: Rip is gone, but Camp Chord lives on. Brent Hill will face down their challenge, but what is that challenge? A new member? a trap? Find out next time on NYCW Wrestling![/I][/B]

(NOTE: Spotlight: US (pt.2) will come after the new year, next update) We signed a whole bunch of new talent, and some of them are debuting tonight. [B]NYCW: Tradition Begins Anew Crowd: 808[/B] The show was started off by the "fired" Rip Chord, who came out with a big, wide grin. He announced that he talked to the boss, The Stomper (first time Stompy's been outed as boss on a show, I believe) and told him he had some big name talent ready to come in, but only if Rip was allowed back into the company. Once Stomper saw who it was, Chord boasted, he had no choice but to say yes. Chord noted that Brent Hill, the original thorn in Rip's side, was first, but Steve Flash wouldn't be spared, not by any means. Rating: B+ In a non-title match, Steve Flash def Nevada Nuclear at 4:41 with the Flashbang. Nuclear's shining moment was pacing around like a maniac and shouting "Who are you calling a psycho?" at people for no apparent reason. And yes, Kingpin was on the office DVD player when I was booking this show. Rating: C- Mean Jean Cattley paced about backstage on a cell phone. "Rip, you told me there was a big surprise, but you haven't told me who it is." Cattley the door to the Camp Chord locker room (a.k.a. broom closet) and looked impressed. Rating: D Chance Fortune cut a promo on Frankie Perez, introducing his new catchphrase: (Opponent's name), your luck has run out. Rating: C+ Chance Fortune defeated "Philly Flash" Frankie Perez at 9:55 with the Stroke of Luck. This fell comfortably in the NYCW range: C- to C+, unless its Flash and Lover. Rating: C- Joey Poison came out for his promo on Mean Jean Cattley. This time, he said he thought there was a Nice Jean Cattley in there somewhere, and he wanted to find him. Rating: C Mean Jean Cattley defeated Joey Poison at 11:16 with the Memphis Cradle (feet on the ropes). Crowd got behind Joey, as the Tri-State area's starting to believe in him. Rating: C+ Rip Chord was out, with an even bigger smile than before. "When I left TCW, I left because I wanted to work with the best young talent out there. Shape them, mold them. People said 'Rip, why not just work with the young talent in TCW.' You want to know why? Because they don't give them the opportunity I can. My newest arrival to NYCW is the perfect example. Destined for greatness, but thrown out like yesterday's trash." "But like they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure, and I just found the biggest treasure out there." "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a legend in the making, and for my money, the best damn wrestler in the world today." Chord waited, building the tension. [B]"Wolf Hawkins!"[/B] Hawkins came out, drawing a big reaction from the workrate marks in the crowd. Wolf announced his intentions: to ascend to his rightful position at the top of the mountain. "Before he dumped you and ran up North to get a big payday, you people use to love some guy who called himself the King of New York. Good news, NYCW, you've upgraded: The King of the World is here." Rating: B- (Wolf improves in performance) Wolf Hawkins defeated Brent Hill at 17:55 with Full Moon Rising Rating: C+ Wolf took the mic to make one thing perfectly clear: He was coming after Steve Flash, and wouldn't stop until he was the NYCW Empire Champion. If someone else won the title, then it would be on them too, even Mean Jean Cattley, Wolf warned. Rating: B- Steve Flash defeated Mean Jean Cattley and Chance Fortune at 12:50, Pinning Fortune after the Flash of Brilliance to retain the NYCW Empire Title. After the match, Wolf Hawkins started his tireless offensive, attacking Flash, then taking his title, holding it overhead before dropping it on Steve's chest. C+ (Match & Attack) Rip Chord is STILL Better than You: At playing the stock market. A [B]Overall: C+[/B] [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]IN OTHER NEWS[/COLOR][/B] Here are the main events across the nation at the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival BHOTWG: Optimus & Joshuya def.Tadyuki Kikkawa & Bruce The Giant (B+) PGHW: Mito Miwa & Dread def. Team Strength Rush (B) 5SSW: Nyoko To****ala def. Crusher Ichiara to retain the 5 Star World Title (C+) GCG: Kazu Yoshizawa def. Yoshifusa Maeda to retain the GCG World Title (B) WLW: Dark EAGLE def. Emerald Angel to retain WLW Universal Title (C+) DAVE lost another one, and it was another one I was thinking about signing, as TCW signed a deal with grizzled vet "Pistol" Pete Hall. USPW made an offer to Wolf Hawkins, but that's cool, we're under a working agreement with them. CZCW Owner Cliff Anderson and Herb Stately are becoming good friends, which is interesting, considering Anderson fired Stately as booker a while back, and hasn't replaced him since. Maybe it's better for Herb, I heard through the grapevine that Cliff isn't the best person to work for: quick on the trigger finger and shoddy at bookkeeping. [B][I]Next Time: We finish off 2006 with, well, Farewell to 2006, which will see Steve Flash taking on a man lucky enough to get a title shot in his first match: Barry Kingman. Wolf Hawkins meets Joey Poison, with Mean Jean Cattley and Brent Hill both in action.[/I][/B]

[QUOTE=BriFidelity]Maybe it's better for Herb, I heard through the grapevine that Cliff isn't the best person to work for: quick on the trigger finger and shoddy at bookkeeping.[/QUOTE] Comments like this one are a gem for those of us who actually follow all the Cornellverse diaries...

Quick update, Remo defeated Enygma to capture his third SWF World Title. [B]Goodbye to 2006 Crowd: 458 (I give up on figuring out what causes the crowd fluctuation)[/B] Rip Chord cut a promo, running down Tennessee Bennett and telling Steve Flash that if he gets by Barry Kingman, there's a hungry Wolf ready to pounce on him. Rating: B+ Tri-State Regional Title Tournament, Round 1: Mean Jean Cattley d. "Cowboy" Tennessee Bennett at 8:55 with The Mood Swing. Rating: C Brent Hill stops to thank Mean Jean Cattley. If the Tri-State Regional Title wasn't enough motivation, getting a shot at Camp Chord was. Rating: C Tri-State Regional Title Tournament, Round 1: "Mr. Tradition" Brent Hill defeated C.H. Threepwood by submission to the Figure Four at 7:23 Brent Hill will face Mean Jean Cattley in round two. Rating: C Wolf Hawkins said that while Joey Poison racked up a string of victories over big names, he's never beaten Wolf Hawkins, and won't tonight. Rating: B Wolf Hawkins defeated Joey Poison at 9:41 with Full Moon Rising. A little underwhelming, but Wolf's been fighting lugs in TCW, so Joey's a change of pace. Rating: C+ Steve Flash defeated Barry Kingman by DQ, when Wolf Hawkins interfered. Looks like Kingman's luck ran out, as Hawkins' interference cost him a very close match, which could have gone either way. The attack continued, as Hawkins and Jean Cattley pummeled the champion C+ (Match) C (Beatdown) [B]Overall: C+[/B] Yep, back to regional, but that show cost A LOT of money. 900 tickets would've done the job, but not 458. At first, I thought the small shows were the problem, but I haven't run one for almost a month. Then, I thought it was too many shows in a short span, but there were three weeks between shows. Then, I thought staleness on the cards, but that's not the case either, and we were the only American company running a show that night. [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Spotlight: United States (pt. 2 - The Little Four)[/B][/COLOR] United States Pro Wrestling Prestige: C- Size: Regional Owner: Danny Jillefski Booker: Giant Redwood World Champion: Giant Redwood (def. Corporal Doom to win vacant title after Jim Force went to SWF, Jan.06) Tag Champions: Savage Fury (Java & Tribal Warrior, def.n/a) National Champion: Captain USA (def. Tribal Warrior, Feb.06) Main Eventers: Alex Braun, Giant Redwood, Wolf Hawkins Talk about never shuffling the deck, USPW seems to only change titles when forced to. Savage Fury have been tag champs forever, they only changed World Champions because their old one went to SWF... well, that's not entirely true, Giant Redwood would've booked himself a title win anyway. Still, their last title change was 11 months ago. That's an eternity for an American promotion. New York City Wrestling Prestige: E Size: Regional Owner: The Stomper Booker: Brian Dorsey Empire Champion: Steve Flash (def. Champagne Lover, Oct.06) Tri-State Regional Champion: Vacant (TBD soon) Main Eventers: Wolf Hawkins, Steve Flash, Rick Sanders (yet to debut) Forgot these guys last time... NYCW was looking dead and buried after losing Danny B. Bling, Rock Downpour, Emma Chase, and Joey Minnesota early on, but have built a following in the Tri-State area (if nowhere else) with a unique blend of foreign stars, young guys looking for a break, and a few established veterans. Angel Athletic Association Prestige: F Size: Regional Owner: Anne Stardust Booker: Catherine Quine Femme Fatale Champion: Catherine Quine (def. Devil's Daughter to win title vacated when Wanda Fish went to SWF) Top Contender's Champion: Cherry Bomb (def. n/a) Tag Champions: Catherine Goodlooks & Jessica Bunny (def. n/a) Main Eventers: Black Widow, Catherine Quine, Cherry Bomb, Helen Wheels, Suzue Katayama Like NYCW, AAA is popular at their homebase, but is virtually unknown anywhere else. Like USPW, they don't like to mix things up.In fact, they're even worse: the only time they've changed champions was when Wanda Fish went to the SWF, and Catherine Quine became Champion a year ago. Costal Zone Combat Wrestling Prestige: D Size: Small Owner: Cliff Anderson Head Booker: Vacant Coastal Zone Champion: Jimmy P. (def. Donnie J, Nov.06) Xtreme Champion: Plague (def. n/a) Tag Champions: Violent Conduct (Jeremiah Moose & Prince Adam, def. Air Force One -- Snap Dragon & Flying Jimmy Foxx, Sep.06) Main Eventers: Jimmy P, Donnie J, Plague In the war of the Fly Boys, the inferior one is on top... for now. CZCW has the unfortunate distinction of being the first promotion NYCW doesn't have to worry about sharing workers with -- Frankie Perez will come to us before The Zone, where he routinely teams with Fox Mask. They have the distinction of being smaller than any promotion in the US, but more prestigious than NYCW or AAA. [I][B]Next time: Rick Sanders takes on Wolf Hawkins for the #1 Contendership, Barry Kingman gets another crack at Steve Flash, Joey Poison vs Frankie Perez in a Tri-State Title Tournament Semifinal. All this, and Year End awards![/B][/I]

[B]2006 Year End Awards[/B] Top 20 Wrestlers of 2006: 20-Larry Vessey, 19-Eiji Hamacho, 18-Eric Eisen, 17-Dread, 16-Raul Hughes, 15-PRIDE Koiso, 14-Kinnojo Horri, 13-Elemental II, 12-Enygma, 11-Bryan Vessey, 10-Haruki Kudo, 9-Bruce The Giant, 8-Buddy Garner, 7-Ricky Dale Johnson, 6-Tadiyuki Kikkawa, 5-Shuki Inukai, 4-Tommy Cornell (American Wrestler of the Year), 3-Yoshimi Mushashibo, 2-Mito Miwa Wrestler of the Year: Eisaku Kunomasu (PGHW) Young Wrestler of the Year: Sensational Dragon Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Optimus Female Wrestler of the Year: Sensational Ogiwara Promotion of the Year: SWF Most Improved Promotion: DAVE Match of the Year: Nobuatsu Tatsuko d. Yoshimi Mushashibo, PGHW Night of HONOUR Show of the Year: PGHW Night of HONOUR NYCW Awards: Determined by the voting council of me, myself, and I. Wrestler of the Year: Champagne Lover (runner up: Steve Flash) Match of the Year: Champagne Lover vs Steve Flash (Various) Non-Wrestler of the Year: Rip Chord The Almighty Dollar continue to thrive, even though Remo is a heel and Rich Money is a face. This year, they started off by beating the Lords of War. Strangely enough, SWF has only one Heel main eventer (Remo), as Runaway Train turned face. And poor Darryl Devine, SWF gave him only 4 matches in 2006, and he lost them all. The King of New York is doing a little better, having recently scored wins over Lobster Warrior and Kurt Laramee. [B] NYCW: Rush Hour Crowd: 1000 (sellout)[/B] Didn't realize Super Mario, who was slated to face Champagne Lover, was in action elsewhere tonight when I printed out the fliers. Crap on a stick. Rip Chord came out, miffed as he sometimes is, complaining that a few weeks ago, one of his man had to wrestle a cowboy, and now Champagne Lover had to wrestle an Indian. Apparently, no one told Rip that Native American is the more P.C. term. Rip protested that this was "wrestling dammit, not a damned game of Cowboys and Indians." Rating: B+ Champagne Lover defeated Ace Youngblood at 7:47 with the Champagne Breakfast. Good mix here, as both men are good at just about everything, as NYCW builds onto its stable of solid all-rounders. Rating: C- Frankie Perez said that it'd been a bumpy road in NYCW, but now he was in for a smooth drive, right to the Tri-State Title. Joey Poison, Frankie said, was just a pile of roadkill on the side of the street. Rating: C C.H. Threepwood defeated Rafael Ruiz at 7:02 in the filler match of the night. Rating: D Joey Poison gave Wolf Hawkins credit where credit was due. "Wolf, you're tough bro." Joey then turned his attention to Frankie Perez, addressing him directly with a "dude, I beat you a lot." Rating: B- Tri State Title Tournament: Semifinals: Joey Poison defeated Frankie Perez at 13:37 with the Antidote Web to advance to the finals. Clean win for Joey, who has been performing well as of late. Rating: C Wolf Hawkins came to tee off verbally on Rick Sanders, an "old man at 37, who'll never amount to what I've already accomplished." Bitter words from the Wolf. Rating: C+ Wolf Hawkins defeated Rick Sanders at 15:54 with Full Moon Rising to earn a shot at the NYCW Empire Title. Good match, even if Rick Sanders tired out, with good chemistry between both men. Rating: B- Main Event: Steve Flash pinned Barry Kingman after the Flash of Brilliance at 10:51 to retain the NYCW Empire Title. Chord kept his troops away from this one, letting Flash have his match. Hawkins waited for the final bell to ring to attack, but Flash was ready, and a pullapart brawl ensued, as the locker room emptied out to separate the two. As everyone was being escorted to the back, a video flared up on the wall projected screen, hyping Hawkins vs Flash for the next show: NYCW Live From New York. C+ (Match) C (Brawl) C+ (Video) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I][B]Next Up: Live from New York, it's NYCW! And it's a big one, The Superdudes (Joey Poison and Super Mario (a.k.a. Mario Heroic) take on Camp Chord's Champagne Lover & Frankie Perez. Mean Jean Cattley takes on Brent Hill, the winner facing Joey Poison in the finals for the Tri-State Title. And the big one, Wolf Hawkins vs Steve Flash, the NYCW Empire Title on the line.[/B][/I]

Torque of SOTBPW has had some problems with owner Jorge Ibanez. Someone doesn't want to keep their job... [B]Live From NY Crowd: 950[/B] The Superdudes cut a promo on Champagne Lover and Frankie Perez, where Super Mario (we're gonna get suuuuuuuuuuued) said that he and Joey Poison would rid the world of the evil Camp Chord. Joey's reply: "Rad." Tennessee Bennett defeated C.H. Threepwood after the Knoxville Knockout (Flying Bulldog) at 7:51 in the "we have a big roster, now we have to keep them happy" match Rating: C- Champagne Lover and Frankie Perez C+ Camp Chord (Chamagne Lover and Frankie Perez) defeated the Superdudes at 11:59 when Champagne Lover pinned Super Mario after the champagne bottle shot. Rating: C Rip Chord cut a promo on Brent Hill, saying that NYCW has passed him by, and his days as a factor in this company were numbered, Mean Jean Cattley would prove it tonight. Rating: C+ Tri-State Title tournament, Semifnals: Mean Jean Cattley pinned Brent Hill in 9:54 after the Mood Swing. Cattley advances to the finals of the Tri-State title tournament, where he'll face Joey Poison. Rating: C+ Chance Fortune talked about his upcoming match with Barry Kingman, noting that Barry Kingman is known for being less than charismatic. Barry didn't have to worry, Chance said, Chance Fortune had enough charisma for the both of them. Rating: C Chance Fortune def. Barry Kingman via countout at 9:14, with poor Kingman just missing the ten count. Rating: C- (didn't click) Wolf Hawkins was out for one last hype job. He said that Steve Flash did a commendable job of bringing NYCW to prominence, but that he had done all he could, and it was up to him to take it the next step. "Nothing personal, just business." In the much anticipated Empire Title match, Wolf Hawkins defeated Steve Flash with Full Moon Rising at 18:54 to win the NYCW Empire Title. Rip Chord stayed away from this one, allowing Wolf to score a clean win over the champion. Rating: B- [B]Overall: C+[/B] [B]Title Change Alert:[/B] Cornell won TCW Title, defeating Ricky Dale Johnson [B]Defection Alert:[/B] Brent Hill celebrated losing his semifinal match by bolting for a written deal with NOTBPW. So much for non-aggression pacts (though, in fairness, Hill was working for both of us when the deal was signed.) Good show, let's make it a double. [B]NYCW: Love and War (Friday, Week 2, Feb.07) Crowd: Sellout of 1000[/B] Dark Match: Chance Fortune def. Champagne Lover at 7:27 with the Stroke of Luck (C) Dark Match: Wolf Hawkins def. Marc Speed at 5:44 with Full Moon rising. (C) Chance Fortune cut a promo, just basically hyping himself up. Rating: C+ Barry Kingman defeated Super Mario after Mario submitted to the Kingman Clutch at 5:47. Very good outing for Kingman, who looked like a force. Rating: C Wolf Hawkins came out to talk about the future, about how Wolf Hawkins is just embarking on his quest to lead professional wrestling into the future. Rating: C+ Wolf Hawkins pinned Rick Sanders at 9:35 after Full Moon Rising to retain the NYCW Empire Title. Much better showing between the two with Sanders getting a shorter match due to his stamina (or lack thereof) Rating: B Rip Chord Is Better Than You: at knocking baseballs out of the park. Rating: A [B]Overall: C+[/B] Big month for NYCW: $16,000 in profit. Yeah, we really should put that to use somewhere. The storied tag title run of Rich Money & Remo came to an end 14 months and 39 defenses after it began, at the hands of Angry Gilmore and Joe Sexy. See, if I was booking that, I'd have the Warriors of the Deep [I]finally[/I] get the win, but that's why SWF is the biggest promotion in wrestling and my checks have the signature "The Stomper" at the bottom. Some other stuff happened that'll greatly affect the way NYCW is going, but more on that later. [I][B]Next up: A special Friday in the Bronx sees the finals of the Tri-State Title Tournament: Mean Jean Cattley vs Joey Poison, and Wolf Hawkins defending the Empire Title against an NYCW Newcomer to be named. And it's the end of the road for one of the NYCW Stars.[/B][/I]

[B]Friday In The Bronx (Week 3, Feb.07) Crowd: 950 (Gate: $14,250)[/B] Tennessee Bennett defeated C.H. Threepwood in a solid meeting of the midcarders. Henry Bennett is turning out to be a better addition than I thought he'd be. Rating: C- Joey Poison was planning what to do with his sweet new title belt. "I can wear it to the 7-11, and stuff." Rating: C Barry Kingman defeated Rafael Ruiz via Submission to the Kingman Clutch. This was to A-boost Ruiz's morale when he was complaining and b-Give Kingman a win after he jobbed out to Flash and Chance, albeit in ways that set up his unlucky gimmick. Rating: C- Rip Chord came out to say that it didn't matter who Wolf Hawkins was facing tonight, he could beat any wrestler on the planet, and quite a few extra terrestrials. Rating: A In a match to crown a new NYCW Tri-State Champion, Mean Jean Cattley pinned Joey Poison with the Memphis Cradle (ropes for leverage) to win the gold. Rating: C+ A cheap, in house knockoff of Will Smith's "Miami" brought out Donnie J, who announced that he was the challenger for Wolf Hawkins tonight. Rating: C+ NYCW Empire Title Match: Wolf Hawkins faced off with Donnie J, with a lot of fast paced, frantic action. Fifteen minutes in, Wolf Hawkins missed with Full Moon Rising, Giving Donnie the chance to hit Death on Miami Beach for a shocking upset win. Winner, and new NYCW Empire Champion: Donnie J. Rating: C+ Rip Chord is Better Than You At: Well, reading big books. Yeah, we're grasping at straws, but the crowd loves it. Rating: B+ [B]Overall: C+[/B] As you may have guessed, this was Wolf Hawkins' last go-round with NYCW, as he is the newest member of the Evil Empire of professional wrestling, the SWF. It sucks that Wolf got all of the build-up and nothing much really came of it, but this isn't the end of the world by any means. I've searched for a replacement, and I found a guy who isn't quite the worker Hawkins is (he is close, though) and is probably a better fit for our roster. Look for him soon. Honestly, losing Joey Minnesota when I did was harder to deal with. While not as talented as Hawkins, Joey was all I really had as far as talented, over workers on a shoestring budget. Now, I have plenty of guys ready to fill the void, and cash on hand to hire more if I see fit. We finished February with a big surplus, so it was time to spend some of it. with NYCW: New England Invasion, held in front of a pathetic crowd of 10. Amazing to go from selling out large high school gymnasiums to having more workers than fans in a firehouse hall in Hartford, CT. [B]Crowd: 84[/B] Champagne Lover cut a promo on Tennessee Bennett (C-) Champagne Lover cheated to beat Tennessee Bennett (C-) Donnie J. cut a promo on Steve Flash, promising to win, and be the best Empire Champion of all time. (C+) Donnie J. defeated Steve Flash with Death on Miami Beach to retain the Empire Title. (C) Champagne Lover jumps Flash, saved by Donnie J (D) [B]Overall: C,[/B] but if a tree falls in the forest... [I][B]Next time: it's NYCW: Kings of New York (a year later, and still bitter) which will see Donnie J. take on Barry Kingman, Rick Sanders take a new worker, someone he knows pretty well (nope, Johnny Martin's in SWF) and Mean Jean Cattley makes his first defense of the Tri-State Title, against the man with more repeating letters in his name than anyone in wrestling, "Cowboy" Tennessee Bennett. [/B] [/I]

Change Donnie J's name to Donnie Johnson or Jackson for the love of jesus. I hate the name, If he'll be your Empire Champion for awhile, do it. Either way, Amazing diary. Wolf Hawkins kind of made me angry by leaving. I'm mad at him. :( Glad for Mean Jean to get the win. He's the future of this business. That's for sure.

[B]NYCW: Kings of New York II Crowd: 1000 (sellout)[/B] Dark Promo: Nevada Nuclear comes out for a nutty promo, where he addresses himself as "we" and says that "we're going to infect the world with the radiation that makes us different." Yes kids, there is a nuclear Gollum character. Rating: C- Ace Youngblood def. Nevada Nuclear & Rafael Ruiz at 6:49 via the Native Pride Slam (Angle/Olympic Slam). Rating: D Frankie Perez pinned Super Mario at 9:01, pulling the tights for leverage. Announcers Rip Chord and Nevada Nuclear noted that Perez and Champagne Lover are becoming quite the tag team, even though Champagne is in Tijuana right now. Rating: C The crowd looked impressed as DAVE star Scout showed up, taking a seat in the front row. Rating: C+ Rip Chord and Mean Jean Cattley came out to cut down Tennessee Bennett, saying that once he loses the Tri-State Title match, he should find a partner and take on Perez and Champagne, just so he can lose to Camp Chord again. Rating: B- Mean Jean Cattley defeated Tennessee Bennett at 11:35 after the Mood Swing. Bennett came out with a big hat, leather vest, fake six-shooters, and chaps. We have to get Henry Bennett's gimmick over visually because he's so bland and uncharismatic, he makes Steve Flash and Barry Kingman look like Sam Strong and Alex Decolt. Rating: C Scout left the front row, hitting the ring, grabbing a mic. "Most of the guys who come here, they either align themselves with Chord, or they promise to win the Empire Title by any means necessary. Not me. The only promise I'm making, and I will keep it, is that I will throw a beating on anyone and everyone who gets on my bad side." "Tonight, I'm gonna start with Rick Sanders. Watch what I do to him, and remember that he's done nothing to get on my bad side. Look at what happens, and realize that if you piss me off, it's gonna be a whole lot worse." Rating: B- Scout defeated Rick Sanders at 6:48 after a go-behind, followed by Danger Ahead. Rating: C+ Donnie J. and Barry Kingman faced off for the Empire Title. While brawling on the top rope, both fell crashing to the floor, head first. The referee deemed the match a double countout at 11:22 Rating: C Scout came out, running down referee Oz Lord's decision. Lord protested, but Scout wanted to hear nothing of it, and knocked him out with a right hand. Rating: C+ Rip Chord Is Better Than You: At Playing the Stock Market. Rating: A [B]Overall: C+[/B] -Donnie J won the Coastal Zone title from his ex-partner Jimmy P, making him the unofficial King of the Indies. If only he could score gold in USPW, because AAA's not looking good, unless a manly looking gal named Donna J. shows up. -Enforcer Roberts saw his lengthy (well, for this particular title) North American Title reign come to the end, at the hands of Elmo Benson. -Sexual Aggression did what's customary for tag champions, beating the Warriors of the Deep on on two consecutive shows. In a move to apparently mock and punish me, The Almighty Dollar defeated the tag team of Joey Minnesota and Wolf Hawkins. In all seriousness, that's a winning combination. [B]New England Invasion Crowd: 79[/B] Nevada Nuclear Promo, saying that we're going to infect Ace Youngblood tonight. (D) Ace Youngblood def Nevada Nuclear (D) Chance Fortune Promo: C.H. Threepwood has a chance at glory, but he's gonna crap out (C+) Chance Fortune def. C.H. Threepwood (C-) Rip Chord hires Threepwood to stand guard at his door (B+) Mean Jean Cattley promo, weak compared to the Chord skit. Just the basics, he's going to beat Flash, nothing more. (D) Steve Flash fought Mean Jean Cattley for the Tri-State Title. Flash was on the brink of winning, when Cattley took a chain and blasted Flash in full view of referee Oz Lord for the intentional, title saving DQ (C-) Flash stormed to the back, where he saw Cattley run into Camp Chord's locker room. Rip Chord stood in front of the door, with Threepwood having split. Flash blew by Chord, then we heard a brawl behind the closed door. (B+) [B]Overall: C-[/B] [I][B]Up Next: Scout makes his NYCW in-ring debut against Joey Poison, Mean Jean Cattley defends the Tri-State Title against Rick Sanders, Steve Flash returns to The Bronx for the first time since losing the Empire Title, and Donnie J. defends against former Empire Champion Champagne Lover. [/B][/I]

[B]NYCW: March Madness Crowd: 820[/B] A video, showing off our new licensed indy music, played hyping up Steve Flash's return to The Bronx C Frankie Perez came out. Last time they faced, Frankie explained, Super Mario wasn't so super. Tonight would be more of the same. C Super Mario defeated Frankie Perez at 8:43 by DQ, when Perez was caught flooring Mario with a steel chain. C Poison cut a promo saying that Scout was one tough dude, but he wasn't worried, if he kept his cool, it'd be alright. C+ Steve Flash defeated Marc Speed at 8:04 with the Flash of Brilliance. Glorified jobber squash win for Flash. C- Scout came out for a warning for Joey Poison: Nothing personal, just business. B- Scout defeated Joey Poison at 14:14 with Danger Ahead. C+ Rip Chord came out to mock Rick Sanders, saying he wasn't just a bum, he was a bum that's past his prime, and that's just pathetic. B- NYCW Tri-State Title: Rick Sanders defeated Mean Jean Cattley by DQ at 8:54, Mean Jean Cattley retained the NYCW Tri-State Championship. C+ Champagne Lover made his way to the ring with Rip Chord, and wanted to talk about the good old days, the days when Champagne Lover was the man in NYCW. We've been through some dark days, we've had some false saviors (shot at Wolf), but tonight NYCW could finally have a champion to look up to, unlike that, as Rip put it, "Gussied up Beach Bum" Donnie J. C+ NYCW Empire Title: Donnie B. vs Champagne Lover 13:35 with Death on Miami Beach. Champagne Lover is as good a worker as we have, but his big drawback is that, besides the Tri-State area, he is pretty much unknown elsewhere, and isn't a good choice to keep the gold. C+ Rip Chord Is Better Than You: at setting U.S. currency ablaze to ignite a cigar. A [B]Overall: C+[/B] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]In Other News[/B][/COLOR] -Madman Boone's TCW Hardcore Title reign ended at 46 defenses, at the hands of Stink. Fumihiro Ota's All-Action mark of 47 defenses (in only 4 1/2 months) was stopped by Freddy Huggins. -SWF made a huge coup, stealing Ricky Dale Johnson from TCW. To make room, Enygma was released. RDJ's final appearance saw him lose a 4-way to Genghis Rahn (also in the match: BJ Shearer and Jungle Jack). Another of SWF's tag teams are not on good terms, as Elmo Benson and Groucho Bling have had a falling out. The two haven't really been teaming much -- Groucho has been paired with his "Cousin" Danny B. Bling as much as Elmo this year, but is primarily a single, locked in a feud with Pecs for the Shooting Star Title. Benson, on the other hand, has recently started his second SWF North American Title reign, and seems primed for a big singles push. CZCW rose to regional size, which means it's now the preferred company for Perez and Donnie J. UCR fell down to regional size Rafael Ruiz and C.H. Threepwood have left the company (contract expiry, intentional) while rookie Jesse Hernandez and The Insane Heat were added. Joey Poison and Mean Jean Cattley have both received contract extensions. [I][B]Next Up: Weekly cards return with Fridays in the Bronx, where we'll crown Tag Champions as Camp Chord's Champagne Lover and Frankie Perez take on Tennessee Bennett & Ace Youngblood, Rick Sanders in action, Steve Flash vs Barry Kingman, Chance Fortune vs Mean Jean Cattley for the Tri-State Title, Scout vs Donnie J. for the Empire title, and more![/B][/I]

Friday in The Bronx - Week 1, April Rip Chord cut a promo. His target, the team of Ace Youngblood and Tennessee Bennett, who've formed a tag team combination -- seemingly in spite of Rip's taunting. Rip announced that he got word from the office that this would be for the newly revived NYCW Tag Team Titles B+ [B]NYCW Tag Team Titles[/B]: Cowboys & Indians (Tennessee Bennett & Ace Youngblood) defeated Camp Chord (Champagne Lover & Frankie Perez) at 12:53 when Bennett pinned Perez after a Flying Bulldog, done with Perez on Youngblood's shoulders. Cowboys & Indians won the NYCW Tag Team Titles, and went into the crowd to celebrate. C- (Match) C- (Celebration) The Insane Heat, making his debut tonight, was shown in the back, pumping himself up by running into walls full speed. Strange one... C- Rick Sanders defeated The Insane Heat at 8:58 with the Ace's High (Falcon Arrow). C- Steve Flash defeated Barry Kingman at 11:53 with the Flash of Brilliance C+ Chance Fourtune called Mean Jean Cattley on the carpet for holding onto his title by getting himself disqualified, blaming Rip Chord's influence. Fortune said Mean Jean wouldn't get a chance to cheat him, there would be a new Tri-State champion tonight. B [B]NYCW Tri-State Title[/B]: Chance Fortune defeated Mean Jean Cattley at 11:08 by, you guessed it, DQ when Rip Chord interfered. C+ [B]NYCW Empire Title[/B]: Scout vs Donnie J (somewhere, in an alternate universe, this match is Guide vs Jimmy P) Good match, featuring a good give and take between two guys getting a shot at singles glory after being stuck in a tag team for most of their careers. The end came at 12:51, when Donnie B. tried a neckbreaker, but Scout snapped free, hit Danger Ahead, and scored gold. Winner, and new NYCW Empire Champion: Scout B- Scout cut a promo, putting everyone on notice once more. He wouldn't be a champion that hid behind interference or cheating, he'd take on anyone, everyone.... That is, after he took on one guy. "Steve Flash, I used to think of NYCW as a joke. The boys in DAVE laughed at you, this place was know as the last resort for a professional wrestler. But you, you changed that, and I respect you for it. That's why this title means nothing to me, not until I face you man to man, and beat the heart and soul of NYCW." B- Rip Chord is Better Than You... at something, but I forget what (honestly) A [B]Overall: C+[/B] Wolf who? Scout brings the goodness, big time. No real news in the wrestling world, other than some title changes -Pecs d. Groucho Bling for the SWF Shooting Star Title -Genghis Rahn won the TCW Intl. Title from Randall Hopkirk -Going way back to January, Giant Redwood lost the USPW World Title exactly a year after winning it. Alex Braun is the new champion... well was the new champion when it happened 4 months ago. -The Awesome Kiyaru won the BHOTWG Junior Title for the record 9th time [I](Note: Six times since the game started, and the three listed on the Cornellverse subsite)[/I] -Alexander Robinson won the PGHW Historical Japan Title from PRIDE Koiso. Funny that Americans & Canadians seem to win this title more than the natives. North American champions have included both Vessey brothers (Bryan twice), Buddy Garner, and Robinson. -Catherine Quine did finally lose the AAA Femme Fatale Title, to Vixen. At the moment, AAA has 3 men working for them -- managers Carl Batch and Shane Sneer, former TCW announcer Jason Azaria (also working PPA for SWF), and road agent Richard Coleman, formerly of NOTBPW [I][B]Next time: New Empire Champion Scout takes on the heart and soul of NYCW, Steve Flash. Cowboys & Indians defend the tag team titles, and Mean Jean Cattley faces Chance Fortune for the Tri-State title, with a special stipulation: The title can change hands on a DQ or Countout.[/B][/I]

It's an NYCW Triple Shot. [B]NYCW: Fridays in the Bronx Crowd: 1,000 (sellout)[/B] Ace Youngblood came out to talk about the pride, the energy of all of the Native Americans that flows through him, that would help guide him toward victory. Youngblood put over Bennett as a good man, a better wrestler, and the best partner. Rating: C- [B]NYCW Tag Team Titles:[/B] Cowboys & Indians defeated Marc Speed & The Insane Heat when Youngblood made Speed submit to an Indian Deathlock at 7:26. Cowboys & Indians retained the NYCW Tag Team Titles. Rating: C- Champagne Lover had promo duty for his upcoming clash with Chance Fortune. He said while all the little teenage girls in the crowd flocked to Chance, the real women, the women who understood passion and fire were drawn magnetically to Champagne Lover. Rating: C Chance Fortune d. Champagne Lover d. Super Mario at 9:59, when Chance def Super Mario after the Stroke of Luck. Rating: C Fortune called out the "biggest bully on the block" in making a challenge to Scout. Scout didn't scare him, and he'd dethrone him if he got the chance. That's all it'd take, Fortune clarified, one chance. Rating: B Champagne Lover defeated Ace Youngblood at 8:54 with help from Rip Chord in a filler match that doubled as fallout from the tag title bout on the last show. Rating: C [B]NYCW Tri-State Title [I](changes hands on DQ/CO):[/B][/I] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Chance Fortune in 12:21 when he cheated, and got away with it, using the old "foot on the ropes" Memphis Cradle. Chance Fortune had no chance to protest the decision, as he was brutalized by Scout after the bell. Scout capped off the beating by dropping him with Danger Ahead onto a chair. Rating: C (match) C (attack) Scout cut a promo on Fortune. Chance's luck ran out the second he called him out, and there was nothing put pain in the future. Rating: C+ [B]NYCW Empire Title:[/B] Scout defeated Steve Flash at 19:38, thanks to some interference from Mean Jean Cattley, which went unseen by Scout. Very good match Rating: B Rip Chord Is [I]Still[/I] Better Than You: At Playing Pool Rating: A [B]Overall: C+[/B] The big match coming out of this show, a 4-Way involving the screwed over parties with Mean Jean Cattley defending the Tri-State Title against Steve Flash, Rick Sanders, and Chance Fortune [B]Friday In The Bronx: Week 3, Apr.07 Crowd: 400 (grrrr....)[/B] Chance Fortune started the show by explaining that everyone in the four way match for the Empire title would get a warmup match. Chance offered up a challenge to anyone, which was accepted by Champagne Lover, who said he'd do what he could to keep the title in Champ Chord. Rating: C+ Chance Fortune defeated Champagne Lover at 7:03 with the Stroke of Luck. Rating: C Steve Flash defeated Barry Kingman at 9:51 with the Flash of Brilliance Rating: C+ Rick Sanders defeated The Big Problem at 4:37 with Ace's High. Yep, he's still here. Long contract. Rating: C- Joey Poison scored a clean upset victory over Mean Jean Cattley in a non-title match at 8:55 after the Antidote Web. Rating: B- (!) Rip Chord dismissed Poison's win as a fluke. Cattley was too busy thinking of a way to get disq... er, win the 4-way match. B+ [B]NYCW Tri-State Title:[/B] Mean Jean Cattley vs Steve Flash vs Chance Fortune vs Rick Sanders ended at 11:11, when Chance KO'ed Cattley with a Stroke of Luck, but was dragged out of the ring by Scout and pummeled. Once Cattley got up, he was groggy and found himself caught by Rick Sanders, who pinned Cattley for the win and the title. Winner, and new NYCW Tri-State Champion: Rick Sanders Rating: C Scout was out next. The gist was that Chance Fortune's suffering was just beginning, and Tennessee Bennett's hopes of being the champion were about to come to an end. Rating: B- [B]NYCW Empire Title:[/B] Scout defeated Tennessee Bennett at 14:34 with Danger Ahead to retain the NYCW Empire Title. Post match, Chance Fortune ran away for the old pullapart brawl. Rating: C+ (Match) C (Brawl) Rip Chord Is [I]Still[/I] Better Than You... At Weightlifting Rating: A [B]Overall: C+[/B] Fumihiro Ota, who set a record of 47 TCW all action title, before losing it to Freddie Huggins, defeated Stevie Gumble to win the All Action Title. In an attempt to play catch up with where I am in the game, let's hit an abridged version of a third show, which turned out to be the biggest gate in NYCW history, by far, thanks to Stomper recommending we upgrade to the basketball court of a local college, twice the size of the high school gyms we've used in the past. [B]Fridays in the Bronx - Wk.1, May Crowd: 1,983 (let's do the math... $29,745 in ticket sales) [/B] Nevada Nuclear cut a promo on Jesse Hernandez. "We've never heard of him? How can we poison him when we've never heard of him?" C "Dancin'" Jesse Hernandez defeated Nevada Nuclear at 7:42 by countout. Hernandez lived up to his name by dancing all over the building. D Joey Poison continued his hot streak by defeating Frankie Perez at 11:27 with the Antidote Web, only to take in a Camp Chord beatdown afterward. C (Match) C- (Attack) [B]NYCW Tri-State Title:[/B] Rick Sanders defeated Barry Kingman at 9:43 with the Ace's High C+ Chance Fortune said he could deal with Scout later, he wanted to get a piece of Jean Cattley for robbing the one man everyone in the locker room could respect -- Steve Flash -- of the chance to fulfill his dream a second time. C+ Chance Fortune defeated Mean Jean Cattley at 10:56 with the Stroke of Luck, only to be attacked by Scout afterward. C (Match) C+ (Attack) Scout explained himself: You don't elect to deal with him later: [I]he[/I] deals with [I]you[/I] NOW. C+ [B]NYCW Empire Title:[/B] Scout defeated Donnie J. at 16:14 with Danger Ahead to retain the NYCW Empire Title C+ Rip Chord Is Still Better Than You: At Golf A [B]Overall: C+[/B] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]In Other News[/B][/COLOR] -Enygma signed with TCW, and I finally decided it was time to add a locker room leader. I found one, who will not only be a force keeping the locker room under control, but is also a HUGE name, the biggest we've ever had in NYCW, save Chord. -Tribal Warrior defeated Captain USA for the USPW National title -Henry Lee won the SWF North American Title in a 4-Way with former champion Elmo Benson, Groucho Bling, and Kurt Laramee. [I][B]Next week: Mean Jean Cattley takes on "Heart & Soul" Steve Flash, Frankie Perez & Champagne Lover meet "Dancin" Jesse Hernandez and a mystery partner, and in the main event, Scout takes on the most famous person to step into a NYCW ring, a man who was luckily on a PPA contract due to a clause in his agreement to be head booker of a major promotion... It's an Empire Title match, Scout defending against the legendary [COLOR=Red]Sam Keith[/COLOR].[/B][/I]

Wow, Sam Keith. You know you've got to build up Keith vs. Chord for Kings of New York III, don't you? Anyways, great read - I should reply more, seeing as you've filled in my night times pretty damn well over the past week or so.

Once again, great job. I can't wait until the next show. This is going to be great,even though I am new to the TEW experience. I just found out about the wrestling simulation games from Adam Rayland about 2 months ago. I will purchase TEW '05 and Wrestling Spirit when I get some extra money to spend. Thanks a lot for the veterans of the games and the forums for helping me get used to the people in the VERSE. Keep up the great work!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Spotlight: Canada [I](as of Week 2, May 2006)[/B][/I][/COLOR] North of the Border Pro Wrestling Prestige: C- Size: National Owner: Dan Stone Booker: Rip Chord Canadian Champion: Dan Stone Jr. (def. R.K. Hayes, Aug.06) Tag Champions: The Uprising (Bryan Holmes & The Natural -- def. Sick And Twisted [Shingen Miyazaki & Mammoth], May.07) Unlimited Action Champion: Duane Stone (def. Thomas Morgan, Mar.07) Young Lion Champion: Craig Green (def. Harry Wilson, Mar.07) Main Eventers: Dan Stone Jr., Eddie Chandler, Jeremy Stone, R.K. Hayes, Sean McFly, Victoria Stone Take one of the best minds in professional wrestling history with the book, add the most talented wrestling family of all time, then mix in a boatload of other talent, and you have the recipe of the promotion that took over its rightful spot as Kings of Canadian Wrestling. Not a prestigious as CGC, but bigger, NOTBPW draws bigger gates, gets more PPV buys, and has Canada's highest rated Domestic wrestling TV show. And mark my words, Bryan Holmes & The Natural could be an all-time great team. Canadian Golden Combat Prestige: B Size: Cult Owner: George DeColt Head Booker: Alex DeColt World Champion: Jack DeColt (def. Dan DaLay, Oct.06) Canadian Champion: Jon Jetson (def. Eddie Chandler (Aug.06) Tag Champions: Youth Energy (Shane Nelson & Lee Rivera, def. Steve & Ricky Decolt, Mar.07) Main Eventers: Acid, Dean McWade, Jack DeColt, Ricky DeColt, Steve DeColt Last time we checked in on Canada, CGC looked poised to pounce on the reeling NOTBPW. While CGC is still chugging along, Rip Chord's booking has led Dan Stone's outfit back to the top. Acid has had some good matches against most of the DeColts in recent main events. Canadian Charisma Championship Combat Prestige: F Size: Small Owner: Troy Winner Head Booker: Joey Poison 4C Champion: Joey Poison (def. Alan Parent, Mar.07) Hardcore Champion: Canadian Gangsta (def. Brett Fraser, May.07) Tag Champions: Hardcore Killah & Canadian Gangsta (def. n/a) 4C has grown fairly popular in their homebase of Ontario, so a move to Regional status may not be too far off. Joey Poison, the booker, has had a stranglehold on the 4C Title. The "me first" approach, called "Sledgehammer Booking" in some circles, makes me glad I don't wrestle -- no temptation to put myself over. [B]Fridays in the Bronx (Week 2, May) Crowd: 1,805[/B] Jesse Hernandez's partner was revealed when Dickie Gellar made his return to NYCW, explaining his absence by saying he was taking a 6-month tour of Europe, where he tried to enter the French Space Program... all right, if you say so Dickie. C "Dancin" Jesse Hernandez & Dickie Gellar scored an upset victory over Camp Chord's Champagne Lover & Frankie Perez at 7:12, when Hernandez pinned Perez after the Last Dance (Implant DDT). C- Barry Kingman made Super Mario submit to the Kingman Clutch at 10:11, just to keep Barry Kingman over after about 2 months of being Steve Flash's designated jobber. C Rip Chord came out to prematurely eulogize Steve Flash. His days are over, Rip explained, he hit his peak, and it's nowhere but down from here. C+ Mean Jean Cattley scored a clean win over Steve Flash at 12:21 with the Mood Swing. Big match for Cattley, who finally gets a decisive win over some top talent. C Video Promo: Hyping Sam Keith vs Scout B [B]NYCW Empire Title:[/B] Sam Keith and Scout put on a wrestling clinic, intense back and forth action in what was the best match in NYCW History, ending with a 30 minute time limit draw, followed by a show of respect: a handshake. B+ (Match) B (Handshake) Rip Chord Is Still Better Than You: at playing Basketball A [B]Overall: B-[/B] And then, with a big surplus, we decided to do another NYCW Invasion. [B]Mid-Atlantic Invasion Crowd: 73[/B] Dark Promo: Nevada Nuclear announced that "we found someone, someone who understands us, who can fight with us, help us poison them! He is one of us..." In the background, The Insane Heat was jabbing himself in the arm with a fork. (C-) Frankie Perez challenged Ace Youngblood, saying that Cowboys & Indians won the tag titles in a fluke. Youngblood, too proud to back down, came out to accept. (C-) Ace Youngblood beat Frankie Perez by DQ when Rip Chord ran in for a beatdown. It was a trap (Captain Obvious says you're welcome). (D) While Ace was helped to the back by trainers, Rip Chord took the mic to tease the next Fridays in the Bronx show, where a new member of Camp Chord, someone he had his eyes on and finally agreed to terms with, would join the fold. (B+) Unstable (The Insane Heat & Nevada Nuclear) scored an upset victory over Cowboys & Indians (Ace Youngblood & Tennessee Bennett) when Heat pinned Youngblood, who never was 100 percent after the beating by Camp Chord. (D) Mean Jean Cattley came back to ackowledge that it was good to be home again. Most (if not all) of the crowd were former MAW fans, who seemed to know Cattley well. He said that people in New York hadn't seen everything he could do, and that starting right now, Jean Cattley would be as mean as he wanted to be. Merchandising was becoming a big source of profit for us, so we had shirts made up for Catt, with the slogan "Born mean, raised meaner." and a pretty sweet logo featuring the MJC initials. (C) Mean Jean Cattley scored another big win, this one over former NYCW Champion Donnie J, who fell to the Mood Swing and a pull of the tights. (C) Rip Chord Is Still Better Than You... at Golf (B+) Overall, the Mean Jean Cattley show scored a C- [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]In other news[/B][/COLOR] PGHW is looking somewhat less honorable these days, as one of their young guns, big Kazushige Matsuki, failed a drug test. SWF had some embarassment of their own, as the latest edition of Supreme TV, headlined by Joe Sexy & Angry Gilmore retaining the Tag Titles over (all together now) The Warriors of the Deep -- the Washington Generals of Tag Team Wrestling -- and Johnny Martin & Eddie Peak taking on High Concept. And Sam Keith? He was rewarded by his excellent match against Guide in NYCW by jobbing to Robbie Retro in a 4-Way with Warlord Pain & Black Hat Bailey. Retro would go on to team with Brett Biggz in a Double DQ against Flex & Pecs. Subpar show for SWF, dubbed worse than the latest offering from your friends at NYCW. (B- to C+) Let the floodgates open... CGC has extended an offer to Sam Keith. And I make one last check of the past week's major cards.... [B]oh my God, it happened.[/B] On Wednesday night, in front of 5,000 people in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, The Warriors of the Deep, having lost an astounding 35 straight, [I]finally[/I] won the SWF Tag Titles from Joe Sexy & Angry Gilmore on try #36. Who cares that Steve Gumble beat Stink for the TCW Hardcore title? This is history! In some good personal news, I checked with some personal contacts, who said my work at NYCW hasn't gone unnoticed, as I came in less than two years ago as a nobody, and now have a pretty solid reputation in the business. [I][B]Up next: Mean Jean Cattley gets a chance to reclaim the Tri-State Title when he takes on Rick Sanders, Sam Keith takes on Barry Kingman, and Scout defends the Empire Title against the one man fool enough (or brave enough, depending on your prespective) to get on his bad side, Chance Fortune. And don't forget, the newest member of Camp Chord is revealed.[/B][/I]

The best diary I have read in a long, long time. Keep up the great work, I am really enjoying this! I really like what you are doing with MJC...he needs to break away from Camp Cord to really come into his own...he is the future of NYCW (until someone realizes that and steals him from you!) can't wait for another update!

Archived