Promotions

They grow and fall, but they don't go bankrupt (and as a result there aren't new ones, as otherwise the game world would be too crowded very early on). The reason is that there is no promotional finance in the game, as there is no need for it given that everything is from a worker's perspective, so there's nothing to indicate financial problems or not. IMO this actually works really well, as promotions build up a very rich history (all of which is of course recorded) which gives them more depth. If you had bankruptcies and new feds forming, you'd end up with only the big feds having these nice lengthy histories, which would be a waste.

Right. I can understand that. With no finance and probably no match ratings, I assume that the promotions rise and fall on their own, which is to say that they'll sign people based upon how popular they are, rather than getting more popular based upon who they've signed. With everything from the worker's perspective, the player will want to move around from promotion to promotion and won't be able to, say, make or break the promotion that they work for in any way?

No, your performances aren't going to make or break a promotion - rather than carrying a promotion to heights on your own (which wouldn't really be realistic anyway, as historically in reality it's usually a small group that lifts a promotion, not an individual), you'd be looking more to use each promotion as a stepping stone to get to a better one. To mangle a quote, "ask not what you can do for your promotion, ask what your promotion can do for you" :D

Okay, so given that, under what criteria are workers fired? Match ratings and finances don't come into play, so is it based upon performance or potential? If a worker goes out and loses ten matches straight, does that reflect negatively upon them and get them fired? Or does that not matter as long as the worker is talented and over? I suppose that losing ten matches straight would drop one's overness and thus reduce their potential value, however.

Firings are based on keeping a balanced roster. If the promotion has tons of Openers, they'll fire a few so that they have a sensible amount. If they end up with a stupid amount of main eventers, they'll release some. Once they've decided to release someone, it is down to overness, how their talent fits into the promotion (i.e. Sports Entertainment feds value charisma more than technical skill), and respect.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]There is an editor just like TEW, you can add whatever you want.[/QUOTE] That's great to hear! I had probably more fun creating a 1983 scenario for TEW than I did playing it, in many ways. In TEW, though, there were inherent limitations to recreating the old territory system. I'm hoping that TEW2005 (if/when there is one) will better allow this, as I feel there is a [i]huge[/i] market of neglected kayfabe fans out there that would kiss the feet of a game maker that catered to them. Nostalgia sells; the 30, 40, 50-somethings are buying. I know that WreSpi is a 'fighting' game, rather than a promotion-sim - but you do mention that we can create promotions that 'house' the matches. I'm assuming, though, that this is entirely abstract? I.E., we won't have to worry about staff hirings, production equipment, booking the cards and what-not -- do we? I've read the FAQS, but I may have missed if it was answered. If it was, I do apologize.

Archived