Total Championship Wrestling: The Big Leagues

[B][CENTER][SIZE="4"][U]Total Champioship Wrestling: The Big Leagues[/U][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] It didn’t really hit me at first, and in truth, it still hasn’t. I guess it’s because it’s such a big thought to process. This time two years ago I was just some guy who ran backyard wrestling shows whenever people needed someone to handle the business area of things. Sure, I became pretty well known from it, and sure, a year later I found myself as a stagehand and eventual assistant booker for Mid Atlantic Wrestling, then for Total Championship Wrestling. But now, Tommy wants me to take the book, to take over the reigns of what in truth is a company in trouble. Teetering close to falling to ‘cult’ level, and with a roster being dominated by a group calling themselves the Syndicate. But here I am. The new head booker for Total Championship Wrestling, the second biggest wrestling company in the world. Most of the wrestling world knows of me as one of the most respected backstage workers in the nation, but they are sceptical about my booking abilities, and hell, who can blame them. But it’s happening, I’m in charge, and I have to get down to work. Oh, by the way, the names Dale – Dale Clarke.

Day One on the job and it’s been a pretty hectic day to say the least, trying to get things ready for my first show in charge tomorrow night. My first meeting with Tommy went a lot better than I was expecting. Tommy told me that he doesn’t want to set any stupid long term goals, other than the obvious – stay popular and keep making money. He also told me that if I do something that he doesn’t like, then he will let me know (oh joy). I manage to negotiate with GNN Total Sports to allow us to shorten Total Championship Wrestling to ninety minutes so that we don’t need to worry about giving away so many big matches on one card. I also make the decision to replace the announce team with myself (since talking is my best attribute, and so I can get a first hand look at my booking) and Jasmine Saunders. I also get in touch with my old friend Rip Chord, and he agrees to becoming a development camp for us – sounds like things aren’t great financially down there, so I send out some scouts to report on some young talent to become future stars. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Total Championship Wrestling Card[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U]Main Event[/U][/B] Wolf Hawkins V. Ricky Dale Johnson Tommy Cornell V. Scout Eddie Peak V. Freddie Huggins The Machines V. Painful Procedure Tyson Baine V. Aaron Andrews [B][U]TCW All Action Title Match[/U][/B] Sammy Bach (C) V. Chance Fortune[/CENTER]

[B]Wolf Hawkins[/B] V. Ricky Dale Johnson [B]Tommy Cornell[/B] V. Scout [B]Eddie Peak[/B] V. Freddie Huggins The Machines V. [B]Painful Procedure [/B] Tyson Baine V.[B] Aaron Andrews[/B] TCW All Action Title Match Sammy Bach (C) V. [B]Chance Fortune[/B]

[QUOTE=theunholyicon;505421]Wolf Hawkins V. [B]Ricky Dale Johnson[/B] [B]Tommy Cornell[/B] V. Scout [B]Eddie Peak[/B] V. Freddie Huggins [B]The Machines[/B] V. Painful Procedure [B]Tyson Baine[/B] V. Aaron Andrews TCW All Action Title Match [B]Sammy Bach (C)[/B] V. Chance Fortune[/QUOTE] Gotta agree with these - only two that will be competitive are Tommy v Scout - and we know Tommy will eventually win that, and the Wolf / RDJ match which could go both ways. However - you need a top face to meet Tommy at the first PPV, and only RDJ fits the bill, so he beats Tommy's protege here.

[B][U][SIZE="5"]Total Championship Wrestling[/SIZE][/U][/B] [I]Week 1, January 2008 – LIVE from the Wisconsin Gardens, Great Lakes[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Sammy Bach[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Chance Fortune [/COLOR][/B]in 5:45 by submission with a Bach on Your Back to retain the TCW All Action title. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: B[/SIZE][/B] A surprising good start to the night. Great chemistry and a good performance by Sammy Bach makes the match stand out, and maintains my faith in Sammy Bach’s push. The Syndicate come down to the ring, and [B][COLOR="Red"]Tommy Cornell[/COLOR][/B] promotes the stable, calling them the greatest thing in wrestling, before getting interrupted by [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Dale Johnson[/COLOR][/B]. RDJ tells Cornell he wants another shot at the title, and Cornell tells him that if he can beat [B][COLOR="red"]Wolf Hawkins[/COLOR][/B] tonight, he will get one. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: B[/SIZE][/B] A good segment that gets the crowd into the show and continues the ongoing Tommy Cornell V. Ricky Dale Johnson feud, while also setting up tonight’s main event. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyson Baine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] in 4:42 by pinfall with a Hades Bomb. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: C[/SIZE][/B] Wow, I really didn’t expect anything from this match, but it turned out to be quite decent. Andrews is in line for a big push later in the year if I can just get his momentum up, but tonight the win goes to the monster Tyson Baine. [B][COLOR="Red"]Sam Keith[/COLOR][/B] is walking backstage, turns a corner, and bumps into [B][COLOR="blue"]Tyson Baine[/COLOR][/B], who is just returning from his match. Sam Keith laughs at Baine, and tells him that squashing jobbers doesn’t make him a star, and they start arguing. The pair are separated by just about every member of security before a brawl begins. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: B-[/SIZE][/B] Another good segment that kick starts my Sam Keith V. Tyson Baine feud. [B][COLOR="red"]The Machines[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Painful Procedure [/COLOR][/B]in 8:58 when Brent Hill defeated Billy Jack Shearer by pinfall with a King Of The Hill. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: C-[/SIZE][/B] I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece, but Billy Jack Shearer single handily brought the rating down with what can only be described as a an ‘off the game’ performance. The Machines control Painful Procedure for most of the match, and put on a good performance at the same time, before getting the win. [B][COLOR="red"]The Machines[/COLOR][/B] are celebrating their victory in the ring. [B][COLOR="blue"]The New Wave [/COLOR][/B]run in and attack and a brawl erupts between the two teams. The New Wave take out the Machines, and hold the TCW World Tag Team titles in the air. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: C-[/SIZE][/B] Moves on the storyline between the Machines and the New Wave, and shows Scout & Guide as two stars who can match the Machines blow for blow, and then some. [B][COLOR="blue"]Eddie Peak[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Freddy Huggins [/COLOR][/B]in 7:42 by pinfall with a Peak Of The Devil. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: C+[/SIZE][/B] This match was intended to see if Huggins could hold his own with the upper card, and despite the fact that he didn’t make a lasting impression and was in the ring longer than the fans cared for, he cemented his place in the main roster for now. Peak was just too much for him though, and continues to plough his way to the top. [B][COLOR="red"]Tommy Cornell[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Scout[/COLOR][/B] in 15:34 by submission with a Guilt Trip. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B] Despite the lack of selling on show this match was excellent. The lack of selling may have helped things overall, as the live audience seemed to get into it more because of it. I’m going to have to make sure that Scout doesn’t overtake his partner, since I’m sorely tempted to give him a singles run if he can continue performances like this. A win was too much though, and Cornell gets the win with the Guilt Trip. [B][COLOR="blue"]Rick Law[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="blue"]Koshiro Ino [/COLOR][/B]are talking backstage, talking about the TCW International Champion [B][COLOR="Red"]Wolf Hawkins[/COLOR][/B]. Both Koshiro Ino and Rick Law say that they want a shot at the title, and they start arguing about who deserves it. After some heated words, Koshiro Ino challenges Rick Law to meet him in the ring for a match next week to see who truly deserves the shot. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: C[/SIZE][/B] Sets up a big match for next week, and puts the focus on Law and Ino in the International Championship hunt. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Dale Johnson[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="red"]Wolf Hawkins [/COLOR][/B]in 17:33 by pinfall with a Southern Justice, despite interference by [B][COLOR="red"]Sam Keith[/COLOR][/B]. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: B[/SIZE][/B] I really was hoping for something that would top the previous match, but sadly it was not to be. I blame it one the two not clicking, and the fact that Ricky Dale Johnson was tired by the end of the match. The fact that he can’t last this long in a match doesn’t bode well considering he now has a TCW World Championship match in his future. The match itself was pretty back and forth, with both men getting a number of near falls, but by the end of the match RDJ fought off interference by Sam Keith, and got the win following the Southern Justice. [B][COLOR="blue"]Ricky Dale Johnson[/COLOR][/B] is celebrating his victory in the ring when [B][COLOR="Red"]Sam Keith [/COLOR][/B]and [B][COLOR="red"]The Machines [/COLOR][/B]run in and attack, eventually ending the assault with a spike pile driver by the Machines. [B][SIZE="3"]Rating: C+[/SIZE][/B] A disappointing end to an otherwise good show that builds the Ricky Dale Johnson V. Syndicate feud. Tyson Baine and The New Wave were conspicuous by their absence. [B][SIZE="3"]Final Rating: B-[/SIZE][/B] (2.98 rating on GNN Total Sports) Not a disappointing final rating for my first show in charge, but I was hoping for a better rating for the main event. I sign Shooter Sean Deeley, Mainstream Hernandez, Champagne Lover and Kirk Jameson to development deals, while signing Steve Flash to act as a trainer down there. In great news for Golden Canvas Wrestling fans, they are officially recognised as a cult sized promotion. In big news from WEXXV, I read that Saionji Omura has won his fourth WEXXV Warriors Heart Championship from Munemitsu Senmatsu at the ripe old age of 60! Elsewhere, Sensational Ogiwara won her ninth 5 Star World Championship from DEVIL Karube [B][U]Total Championship Wrestling Card[/U][/B] [B][U]Winner challenges Wolf Hawkins for the TCW International Championship[/U][/B] Rick Law V. Koshiro Ino America Buffalo V. Eddie Peak The New Wave V. Painful Procedure Joel Bryant V. Joey Minnesota Sammy Bach V. Aaron Andrews

Nice start - funnily enough I started my dynasty with Tommy v RDJ, Sam Keith v Tyson, plus Machines v New Wave - they are pretty much the obvious feuds though! [B]Rick Law[/B] V. Koshiro Ino America Buffalo V. [B]Eddie Peak[/B] [B]The New Wave[/B] V. Painful Procedure Joel Bryant V. [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] [B]Sammy Bach [/B]V. Aaron Andrews Again - all fairly predictable winners I feel - but that's a good thing right at the beginning.

[B]Rick Law[/B] V. Koshiro Ino America Buffalo V. [B]Eddie Peak[/B] [B]The New Wave[/B] V. Painful Procedure Joel Bryant V. [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] [B]Sammy Bach[/B] V. Aaron Andrews This diary looks good. Can't wait to see where it goes, but yeah, pretty straightforward picks for this event again.

Very similar in style to Rob's TCW diary but that's no bad thing. I think everyone who plays TCW starts with Cornell-RDJ as the first World Title feud and Machines- New Wave as the first Tag Title feud. International Title you've got a few more options. Hopefully you'll be able to take things in a slightly different direction though from Rob, so that it doesn't look like you're copying his diary. Even, Genghis Rahn, might turn out alright for you. :D [B][U]Total Championship Wrestling Card Winner challenges Wolf Hawkins for the TCW International Championship[/U][/B] Rick Law V.[B] Koshiro Ino[/B] [I]Rick Law would be the more obvious bet, but call me crazy I'm going to tip Koshiro Ino for the win in this one. Ino has talent and could in my opinion go far, but alot of TCW handlers tend to hold back on his push, meaning that he never really goes anywhere[/I] America Buffalo V. [B]Eddie Peak[/B] [I]Buffalo's mediocre at best, and Peak (though better as heel) can be built as a cultish crazy face threat to the World Title.[/I] [B]The New Wave[/B] V. Painful Procedure [I]Extended squash, Painful Procedure really should be jobbed out of TCW and this is coming from someone who is getting good use of out a repackaged B.J Shearer.[/I] Joel Bryant V.[B] Joey Minnesota[/B] [I]At this stage Joel's job should be to put up-coming talent over and Minnesota is over enough and good enough to win the match.[/I] [B]Sammy Bach[/B] V. Aaron Andrews [I]Is this for the title ?, Even if it isn't I've still got to back the All Action champ in this one.[/I]

Yeah, I actually started out my TCW game with Cornell/Baine and had RDJ in the role of chasing after Cornell by going through a whole bunch of obstacles thrown his way by Cornell and The Syndicate. But yeah, most games have pretty much pre-set feuds that you can start your game to if you want just for creative help at first..

Archived