Creating a company

So, I'm going to create a new promotion in the CornellVerse which will be owned by Eric Eisen and his business partners will be Phil Vibert, Nemesis & Jerry Eisen. The idea is that Eric & Jerry have a falling out of epic proportions and decided to start up their own company to rival SWF to seek revenge. With the help (money, creativity) of Phil Vibert & Nemesis, The Eisen's plan on creating the No.1 wrestling promotion in America. A few things, though; 1. This being a new fed, what people suggest I set the popularity and stuff like that to in the editor? Even though they are just new I was thinking the Eisens/Vibert/Nemesis names would make it pretty popular right off the bat. 2. Starting money. I don't want to make it too easy with regards to finances so was wondering what people thought should be the starting finance. I was thinking $5,000,000. Is this reasonable? D'you think the Eisen/Vibert/Nemsis team would have this much between them? 3. Workers. Most workers are going to be young, talented workers. People like Remmy Skye, Jacob Jett, Frankie Perez, Davis Wayne Newton. I want two technically gifted, experienced wrestlers on my roster so I'm going with Steve Flash & Eric Tyler. I also wanted to have some people jump from SWF and/or TCW but not sure who. Who do you guys think would be willing? Thanks :D

[QUOTE=TheTuckerman;506741] 2. Starting money. I don't want to make it too easy with regards to finances so was wondering what people thought should be the starting finance. I was thinking $5,000,000. Is this reasonable? D'you think the Eisen/Vibert/Nemsis team would have this much between them?[/QUOTE] Definitely, most of it would come from the Eisen's I imagine. And the least of it would come from Vibert since he could be living on the streets now for all we know. :p

[QUOTE=takertitan;506798]if you got Phill and Nemisess, it would make sense to steal some old DAVE guys. Could also be used for some killer storylines (4 way battle between the new guys, TCW, SWF and DAVE).[/QUOTE] Cheers for the suggestion. I'm not too great with the history of DaVE. Who would be best to bring in?

[QUOTE]. This being a new fed, what people suggest I set the popularity and stuff like that to in the editor? Even though they are just new I was thinking the Eisens/Vibert/Nemesis names would make it pretty popular right off the bat.[/QUOTE] I would say middle of the road "Cult" would be the best choice for popularity. Some could argue and say that you could possibly already be "National" with a company backed by such big names.. As it would generate a lot of interest from fans (If Shane and Steph decided to open their own company.. You know that it would be watched pretty well right away as people know the people in charge). With that being said, Maybe popularity in the US with C-'s across the board? I would say "C"... however, You may be a little too close to going national and it may be hard to find talent that will be able to get you a solid B- show in which to grow. (That is if you are just taking talent from the indy scene and not stealing people from other companies. If you're stealing them then you could certainly go up in popularity depending on the size of the workers popularity levels)

I'm telling you now, the people in PSW are stuck in PSW for a reason, they have no talent. The way I see it the way th A.I is set and the way the contracts are set it would be hard to get good names. And if you work with the Indy guys then your popularity would be loooow, the match quality will suffer as people will get bored of watching people they've never heard of. Trust me, it's way easier to just start as owner of TCW or SWF

Well, my plan is to start a fed from scratch (for the diary I'm going to do. Hopefully my machine holds up this time. I'm going to back everything up anyway) Shouldn't be too difficult shifting the contracts around in the editor. And yes, it's easier to start as TCW or SWF but I feel like a challenge.

If you go with the indy guys, instead of a 'big' TV deal, go for a slew of locals (to simulate syndication). At worst, you'll lose the markets you can't keep popular in that way, and still retain a few you can work on until your roster gains enough popularity to make a splash.

What kind of product would you be looking at for the new promotion? Regardless, I'd say maybe throw a stable of DaVE guys together. Let's say Eddie Peak, Eric Tyler, Sammy Bach and Teddy Powell. With Nemesis as their manager. I'm not sure how you'd get Bach and Powell together again story-wise, but it's worth a shot.

If I were you I'd try to avoid raiding the big companies too much as most of their roster would be tied in to legally binding written contracts anyways. If you're going for some DAVE alumni then you can't really go wrong with picking up much of the PSW roster on PPA deals. Guys like Johnny Martin (the guy who united all the belts after the East Coast Wars), JD Morgan and Alex Braun would probably all sign up in a heartbeat for a promotion with Vibert in it. You could probably add Chris Caulfield on a written deal and Hell's Bouncer on a PPA to give you the DAVE contingent you'd need. After that it'd be a case of trying to bring in some big names, which is probably the only real way you'd be able to steal some SWF talent. I could almost see someone like Marc DuBois jumping from the SWF with the promise of big money and a main event push from Eric Eisen. Other than that you'd probably be left with guys in the midcard who have been there forever or guys past their peak. Maybe Tom Gilmore... Enforcer Roberts... Runaway Train from the SWF. In TCW I couldn't really see anyone except maybe Ronnie V. Pain and Randall Hopkirk leaving since they are pretty much fodder anyways. As has been pointed out, the US is an overcrowded market in terms of big entertainment based promotions. Short of stealing a couple of big names and bringing in DAVE talents you'll probably need to build yourself up with several indy stars and some foreign imports. And Steve Flash of course. Flash mentoring someone like Mainstream Hernandez would be fun just because I imagine them being such different personalities that the dynamic would be interesting. :)

Don't raid the big companies. Maybe get one guy(written) that you really like that is in either SWF or TCW. More likely SWF because it would make mroe sense story wise. Then sign Doug Peak from Japan since he is a former DaVE guy. Then you can have some of the guys like Eric Tyler and Chris Caulfield on written deals like previously said. Roster I would go with... Nemesis(written) Phil Vibert(written) Jerry Eisen(written) Eric Eisen(written) Runaway Train(written) Chris Caulfield(written) Eric Tyler(written) Jack Griffith(written) Doug Peak(ppa) Black Eagle(ppa) Acid(ppa) Ash Campbell(ppa) Teddy Powell(ppa) I think that would be a good start for a roster.

This thread has been a great help to me as, rather than start as ECW (as I always seem to do), I was going to either bring back DAVE or start a new promotion in the same mould, but with wrestlers rated more on performance than popularity (either way, I’d be starting at the bottom & trying to build my way up.) Anyway, I’d thought about having a DAVE One Night Stand show (yeah, more ECW ideas), with some alumni that had been part of the company at some point. To do this, I was going to give them short PPA deals, so that I’m not stealing them from their current promotions. After the ONS show, I would try & sign a few of them up (the available ones anyway), as well as taking in some of the Indy guys. (I might well use the editor to get 3 or 4 on written deals, so I have core to build around.) Anyway, my question is, which Indy guys would be most suited to this kind of company? I have a few in mind, but just wanted to get an opinion from people who are more familiar with the game than myself. I intend to use my User Character as an active competitor, most likely in the mould of Taz.

I am contemplating opening up a promotion that features a top Hollywood star (Johnny Morrison) in his mid 20s who decided to pursue a wrestling career. The promotion would be called American -X- Wrestling. It would have on board Phil Vibert, , Nemesis, Shawn Gonzalez, Chris Caulfield, Acid, Jim Force, JD Morgan, Johnny Martin, Eric Tyler, Champagne Lover and El Fuerza (being in soap operas in Mexico and wanting to work with the Hollywood star), and a cast of indy-caliber wrestlers. I plan to give the promotion product to match similar to WCW from 1996-1998. The big question, what kind of popularity do i give this promotion (numbers preferably). I rated the Hollywood star to be 60 everywhere with few exception (80 in SW and 75 in Tri State). He is like the LeBron James in Hollywood. However, he rather perform in front of the live crowd, preferably wrestling, than perform in Summer blockbuster. Of course, the company will be sports-entertainment WCW 1996-1998 like.

Archived