No DOTT makes me sad.

[QUOTE=CW Saton;510455]Could you not have posted this within the DOTT progress thread?[/QUOTE] I could have if it was where I could have seen it without searching too hard. Sorry for messing with your organizational skill. Didn't realize the board members would be so snippy and not willing to give some help to an uneducated person such as myself without some attitude.. Ah well , I guess I will wait until the mod is released and keep searching out the mildly active months old thread for update progress when someone cares to update it.

[QUOTE=JohnnyInsurance;510526]I could have if it was where I could have seen it without searching too hard. Sorry for messing with your organizational skill. Didn't realize the board members would be so snippy and not willing to give some help to an uneducated person such as myself without some attitude.. Ah well , I guess I will wait until the mod is released and keep searching out the mildly active months old thread for update progress when someone cares to update it.[/QUOTE] You know, Johnny, I wouldn't say your complaint here is entirely a fair one. I mean I do sympathetize with the notion of trying to fight through a search looking for the "proper place" to post this inquiry. I'm usually more inclined to just past a new thread myself as well. But in people's defense, this is not the average question around here. DOTT inspires a lot of passion in folks because it is generally regarded as the king of the TEW mods. Because of that, folks who have a feel for how mods come about tend to see this as a stupid idea wondering if it's going to come out. D. Boon is the type of developer where if you don't see an official word that it's cancelled that it's still very much in progress. The progress may be slowed by real life but its still going. Everyone has been in the TEW community for any significant amount of time, most of all D Boon, knows that there are folks sitting on their hands and not buying the game until DOTT does drop. With that much responsibility, DOTT's not going to be a mod that just dies quietly. If it gets cancelled, you'll KNOW it. We'll all KNOW it. That's why it seems the folks answering your question are so snippy. They find the notion of questioning the state of DOTT annoying because these ideas are second nature to them. Really though it seems like everyone needs to chill out here. They need to chill out and remember we were all new once. And you do too rather than let the snippiness get to you. In my experience, when that happens when I'm new at a message board, it's because I'm missing something that the group's culture considers obvious. Very rarely is it personal. So other than impulse, why take it that way?

Archived