Gamestop experiences

Guest Ransik

Anyone order from gamestop.com? Cause my first and only attempt at an order is probably going to be my last. I pre-ordered Web of Shadows and got free overnight shipping and a t-shirt... KNOWING from my 6 years of experience in this exact line of work something would get effed up. Low and behold... Gamestop.com e-mails me half an hour ago stating my billing address on the order did not match the one on my card.... which hasn't changed since I first got the card in 2001. So I call customer service and tell the guy right off... I know this line of work inside and out and I will know what's going on with my order on how he explains the problem to me. So I tell him I went over my billing info letter by letter and number by number.... asked him to tell me what he had, told me the exact same thing. Had him verify my card number... nothing wrong there. He then tells me the order still won't go through because the billing address doesn't match this one time out of the thousands of times I've used the card. In my experience.... since I was given free overnight and and a free shirt... this means someone effed up big time and not only did they not get the game in stock when they were supposed to but someone decided they didn't want to honor the shipping and since it was a 6 hour promotion they ran that I'm 100% positive I'm not the only one being messed with by it... I see it on a daily basis. So there's my piece.... can anyone else tell me why these people can't match a 3 digit PO Box? Heck, Mr. Ryland could pull up my billing info and tell Gamestop they're on crack. I'm telling you folks.... I can't take a piss these days without having to argue with someone on it. *sigh*

[QUOTE=Astil;510774]There, there, what'did you expect. You went to GameStop.[/QUOTE] Even though I deal with people with smaller IQs than a 6 month old infant... I went off on the guy and told him under no terms was I going to be told my address wasn't correct when it's been my mailing/billing address the entire 24 years.... 9 months... 8 days.... 1 hour.... 40 minutes I've been alive, and he actually has the gall to tell me that even though I verified it myself and with him that I must have it incorrect. I mean come on... I'm not senile like the old farts I deal with all day that have to go grab a piece of mail to tell me what state they live in. Ugh... I told the guy if my order wasn't on a FedEx truck by midnight than it's being canceled, I'd rather drive the 65 miles in the morning to go get the game from the nearest store who will carry it. (And yes, FedEx overnight will process and ship even at 2am which I've never understood.) EDIT: Oh and if anyone can tell me my date of birth from that first paragraph I'll give them an imaginary cookie.

[QUOTE=Ransik;510776]Even though I deal with people with smaller IQs than a 6 month old infant... I went off on the guy and told him under no terms was I going to be told my address wasn't correct when it's been my mailing/billing address the entire 24 years.... 9 months... 8 days.... 1 hour.... 40 minutes I've been alive, and he actually has the gall to tell me that even though I verified it myself and with him that I must have it incorrect. I mean come on... I'm not senile like the old farts I deal with all day that have to go grab a piece of mail to tell me what state they live in. Ugh... I told the guy if my order wasn't on a FedEx truck by midnight than it's being canceled, I'd rather drive the 65 miles in the morning to go get the game from the nearest store who will carry it. (And yes, FedEx overnight will process and ship even at 2am which I've never understood.) EDIT: Oh and if anyone can tell me my date of birth from that first paragraph I'll give them an imaginary cookie.[/QUOTE] February 13th, 1984

Ok was I off on that count? It's Janury but you got the rest right. lol And on the button... the first snowstorm of the season started less than a minute after I made that last post... there's already over an inch on the ground *bangs head on the wall*

I have a terrible habit of buying CDs that must be imported from abroad... And its safe to say, I've had a couple of bad experiences with the shipping. I remember one person was kind enough to give me the tracking number for one album ("Paradise Discotheque" by Crime & The City Solution), and I remember keeping an eye on where it was so I'd know when to expect it. I recall it reached somewhere about 100 miles north of me where it'd stay overnight, and I though "cool, a couple days at most and I'll have it." Three days past, still no package. I went to check the tracking info, and it said the CD was still in the same location about 100 miles north that I last saw it at. I gave it a couple more days, and still nothing. I called up the folks in charge of the shipping (I want to say UPS, been a bit), and they said they didn't have the package. Eventually, I talked to the person I bought the album from and he was kind enough to give me a refund and told me to inform him if the package every arrived. Since then I've bought the album from a second source, but over a year has now passed since the first order. And you know what? That package still hasn't arrived. My gut tells me someone decided a CD of a rather obscure Australian post-punk band, or is now rotting in a warehous somewhere. Sadness. It was shipped from overseas, so I also have a conspiracy theory going that Homeland Security snatched it upon reaching American soil, and they faked the tracking information to keep me unaware that my CD was actually on its way to Guantanamo Bay. OTHERWISE, all of my internet shopping has gone pretty swimmingly in terms of shipping. I've stumbled across a couple of people I've bought from who suck, but otherwise whatever shipping company I get stuck with tend to do their job.

Yeah I deal with that exact situation every day.... You know what happens? It didn't go by UPS, I can tell you that without knowing the whole situation, it went by USPS. What happens is the lazy, overpaid postal workers get those big push carts full of packages to sort through, and if they don't empty it all... they dump the new stuff on top of the old... and the packages end up not being delivered because a lazy twit can't perform a simple job. I spend ALL day cleaning up other people's messes whether it be from the client's end... the post office's end... or anything in between. There are also roughly one dozen sortation centers in the US where 99% of all packages NEVER leave. If I had the list with me I could tell you every city... but there's one in northern California and one in North Carolina and NOTHING ever leaves that place... it's mind boggling how screwed up these places are.

[QUOTE=Astil;510774]There, there, what'did you expect. You went to GameStop.[/QUOTE] this I've found that 99% of the time, if I walk into a Gamestop/EBGames (same thing), I can find the title I want at a lower price than the website has it listed at. Especially if it's a PC game and the store is one of those little tiny holes in the wall you wonder why they still have open. Those stores slash the prices on PC games tons since they barely have room for the eleventy billion console titles they have to keep stocked. Even though it's quite a trek, I'd suck it up and head out to a store if I were in your situation.

[QUOTE=Remianen;510815]this I've found that 99% of the time, if I walk into a Gamestop/EBGames (same thing), I can find the title I want at a lower price than the website has it listed at. Especially if it's a PC game and the store is one of those little tiny holes in the wall you wonder why they still have open. Those stores slash the prices on PC games tons since they barely have room for the eleventy billion console titles they have to keep stocked. Even though it's quite a trek, I'd suck it up and head out to a store if I were in your situation.[/QUOTE] Believe me... I was gonna get up in 9 hours and head out to the closest store (Wal-Mart) from me and go get it instead.... until the snow started. We're almost at 2 inches already and it hasn't been snowing an hour. I've never driven my new car in snow before and there's no way I'm barreling down the highway at 70mph not knowing how it will handle it. Ha!

[QUOTE=Ransik;510820]Believe me... I was gonna get up in 9 hours and head out to the closest store (Wal-Mart) from me and go get it instead.... until the snow started. We're almost at 2 inches already and it hasn't been snowing an hour. I've never driven my new car in snow before and there's no way I'm barreling down the highway at 70mph not knowing how it will handle it. Ha![/QUOTE] Not worth it. Living in Houston, Texas I have almost no experience with true winter weather, but we have had a couple of snow storms in the last few years (and one on Christmas, how fitting!) and all the ignorant rednecks who live around my mom thought that their mixture of manliness and pickup trucks on steroids would keep them safe. The result? Accidents everywhere. Stay inside. Even if you drive safe and slow, there's always that chance of some idiot goin' "HOT DAMN! I'm a real man, I can drive faster than all these pussies." Then he loses control and crashes into you.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;510836]Not worth it. Living in Houston, Texas I have almost no experience with true winter weather, but we have had a couple of snow storms in the last few years (and one on Christmas, how fitting!) and all the ignorant rednecks who live around my mom thought that their mixture of manliness and pickup trucks on steroids would keep them safe. The result? Accidents everywhere. Stay inside. Even if you drive safe and slow, there's always that chance of some idiot goin' "HOT DAMN! I'm a real man, I can drive faster than all these pussies." Then he loses control and crashes into you.[/QUOTE] Quoted for effin' truth. Most of the Mafiaites know my winter job. For those who don't, I'm one of the poor fools who drives the snow plow-equipped dump trucks along Interstate 95 in northeastern Maryland. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I've seen some idiot in a freaking compact car go roaring past us at 85 miles an hour in the snow, just because he doesn't want salt on his car. I hate to sound spiteful, but when I see those cars pulled over on the side of the road due to losing control, I tend to laugh in the cabin of my 12-ton truck and keep driving. Snow brings out the total idiots in regards to driving vehicles, and I'm forever dealing with them. Moral of the story, ladies and gents: If you MUST go out on the road during snow and such, you're better off staying BEHIND the plow trucks. At least you'll have salt under your tires to help you maintain control, and you won't go so fast so as to lose said control. -------------------------------------------- Now, back onto the subject matter at hand. USPS lost a package meant for my girlfriend that was to be delivered here...oh, about five months ago. No sign of it since. I can understand the hesitation of going all that way to the actual GameStop store, but I find you're usually better off in the long run doing that. After all, if you get something through the mail, and it's damaged, what are the odds they will actually work with you to remedy the problem? Best to go to the store itself, so you can look at the disc before buying it to make sure it's in optimal condition. That and you can always tell off the clerks in person if they find a way to screw it up. :D

I do not believe my ears, are people insulting manly driving in the snow in this topic? Look, if you're not manly you should not BE out in the snow in the first place. When the snow falls, it's a sign that only the man who is brave enough to still go over the speed limit and risk losing control of his vehicle, spiraling off the road in a tailspin of pure adrenaline-laced masculinity, should be driving. Everyone else should have their liscense confisgated.

How about not telling someone off for something they had no control over? And since you say you deal cleaning up other people's messes (which I'm assuming are not your fault), it makes no sense if someone told you off about it. Had a similar situation happen from WWEShopzone. Apparently my card's address didn't match my billing address. This after a month or two before, I'd used the card for another order on the same website. So you know what? I cancelled it and moved on.

[QUOTE=CQI13;510859]How about not telling someone off for something they had no control over? And since you say you deal cleaning up other people's messes (which I'm assuming are not your fault), it makes no sense if someone told you off about it. Had a similar situation happen from WWEShopzone. Apparently my card's address didn't match my billing address. This after a month or two before, I'd used the card for another order on the same website. So you know what? I cancelled it and moved on.[/QUOTE] Because I know he was BS'ing me, we're flat out told at my job to BS customers constantly because we're "not allowed" to tell them what's really going on... and they constantly try to write me up when I tell people what's really going on with their orders... but due to my labor law knowledgement and how the place is run... I could deck the boss in the face for no reason and never get fired. For example... if USPS loses a package and we track it and SEE it's lost and has been stuck somewhere for 2 weeks... we "must tell the customer their order will arrive to them within a few days and apologize for the inconvenience." Then when they call back a few days later... we tell them the same thing... and only when the package is lost for 30 days are we allowed to tell them what's happened... and make them pay for it twice until 60 days are up and then we refund the package USPS lost. I'm telling ya dude... if you knew how places like that operate you'd NEVER deal with them. Only reason I have to is any good store is 90 miles away... and a Wal-Mart is 65 miles away. If I lived where there were stores I would NEVER order anything. I placed the order on 10/7... they called me on 10/9 to make sure it was me who placed the order because of "credit card fraud." That in itself makes no sense... no company I've EVER dealt with calls up a customer for an order under $100 to verify it's a real order... there's simply too many orders taken for any number of people to call up and verify. And then to e-mail me a letter saying "your bank told us this isn't your billing address" is just a crock... I see it every day. Something got screwed up on my order... they KNOW what it is... I know and verified 3 different ways (website, customer service, and toll-free bank phone line) that there is no reason for my order to sit there. Plain and simple... they screwed something up and no one is trained enough to know how to fix it and get my order out. I can tell you right now that because the shipping address is different that the person who tried processing it tried to charge the shipping address instead of the billing and now has zero clue how to fix it because the order was put on suspension because 3 times processed under the shipping instead of the billing. Either that... or the system is kicking off the free overnight shipping because Gamestop is losing $15 per order for each person who placed it for that game in the 6 hours they ran the promotion.

In any area of Canada on the first snowfall of the year it's like people have been living on the equator for the last ten years. It still bogles my mind...you know it's slippery, you know it's winter just like last year and yet people still drive like idiots. [QUOTE][I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I've seen some idiot in a freaking compact car go roaring past us at 85 miles an hour in the snow, just because he doesn't want salt on his car. /QUOTE] I drive on fairly dangerous mountain back roads in the winter. If I'm behind a plow I'm extatic. Better than trying to plow through with chains and in 4 wheel drive (and probably getting stuck anyways). [QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;510841]Quoted for effin' truth. Most of the Mafiaites know my winter job. For those who don't, I'm one of the poor fools who drives the snow plow-equipped dump trucks along Interstate 95 in northeastern Maryland. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I've seen some idiot in a freaking compact car go roaring past us at 85 miles an hour in the snow, just because he doesn't want salt on his car. I hate to sound spiteful, but when I see those cars pulled over on the side of the road due to losing control, I tend to laugh in the cabin of my 12-ton truck and keep driving. Snow brings out the total idiots in regards to driving vehicles, and I'm forever dealing with them. Moral of the story, ladies and gents: If you MUST go out on the road during snow and such, you're better off staying BEHIND the plow trucks. At least you'll have salt under your tires to help you maintain control, and you won't go so fast so as to lose said control. -------------------------------------------- Now, back onto the subject matter at hand. USPS lost a package meant for my girlfriend that was to be delivered here...oh, about five months ago. No sign of it since. I can understand the hesitation of going all that way to the actual GameStop store, but I find you're usually better off in the long run doing that. After all, if you get something through the mail, and it's damaged, what are the odds they will actually work with you to remedy the problem? Best to go to the store itself, so you can look at the disc before buying it to make sure it's in optimal condition. That and you can always tell off the clerks in person if they find a way to screw it up. :D[/QUOTE]

But Ransik, it's not the poor schmuck on the phone's fault is all I am saying. How many times do you get yelled at by clients and whatnot? Surely, if it happens to you, it's ok to do? Instead of getting all worked up, you should have just cancelled the order, and bought it elsewhere with regular shipping. You're probably going to be spending a decent amount of gas if you were to get it in the store (I forget how far away it is you mentioned).

Problem solved.... every website I've checked isn't getting it in stock until tomorrow.... .... knew I was being lied to. I tried to cancel the game on the website last night and it told me I couldn't. Yeah... I said it.... friggin' thing wouldn't allow me to cancel an unprocessed online order.... online! Told me to wait for customer service to open in the morning... I've been waiting for over 15 minutes. Anything over 5 minutes where I work and heads would roll. There literally has to be less than 4 people working this morning for it to take this long. Oh yeah... I'm not happy with these people. They lied to me and made me think my card was messed up... didn't even have enough class to tell me it would take an extra couple days... and then to refuse to let me cancel my own order?! Yeah... there's no "nice" about this. I did everything properly and efficiently. There's a difference between a customer being mad about their own incompetence like what I deal with and being mad over the company's incompetence. Oop.... just hit over 20 minutes on hold...

[QUOTE=Comradebot;510800] My gut tells me someone decided a CD of a rather obscure Australian post-punk band, or is now rotting in a warehous somewhere. [/QUOTE] Could you please supply the missing abverbial phrase here? Someone decided WHAT about the CD? I'm afraid I'm missing part of this story.

Though not UPS or GameStop I have a story. So I ordered a couple DVD’s from ROH. A few weeks go by and I decide to contact ROH. They tell me that it has arrived and then send me the tracking number and what do you know it says on the 16th of what ever month it was that is was at my house. Which dose not add up when I know for a fact that when the mail came that day the front door was open and about half a dozen people sitting in the living room. So I then call USPS and ask them about my package which they say was delivered on the 16th. So a couple days latter I get a little brown piece of paper saying I have a package and that this is the final notice to pick it up. So I go down to the post office pick up my order and then a bunch of things fail to add up. First the postage date is two days after when usps said they pick it up. A note is written on it clearly saying that they first tried to deliver it on the 17th. It also says they tried twice more. What really doesn’t add up though is it is a package that is the same size from the same company of about another 20 packages I got in the last 2 years. Everyone of which was just placed in the screen door. Including one made a week after the initial order. Though in the end I had my DVDs.

All I can say is, deal with it. I've had the same trouble, just get over it, it's not the guy on the phone's fault, it's management's fault, these groups don't like to admit they're wrong. if the guy is told to BS you and he does it, it's most likely because he could lose his job if he doesn't. No, it isn't right. Yes, they should do something about it but, this is just how customer service works for bigger companies.

Archived