C-Verse: British Steel [Fall 2008] - RELEASE

[CENTER][IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/MetalSwift/BS.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [b][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?i5rbkd4jdjc"]Disc 1: C-Verse British Steel v1.2 (.rar)[/URL][/b] [b][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?mszigylbsbo"]Disc 2: C-Verse British Steel v1.2 Remixed Tracks (.zip)[/URL][/b] [B][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?mill1mmjw0n"]Disc 3: C-Verse British Steel Bonus Tracks (Pictures)[/URL][/B] "Release?! I didn't know there was going to be [i]one[/i]!" First off, excuse the makeshift [i]British Steel[/i] cover...I don't have Photoshop so I had to whip it up in MS Paint. I'll wait while you stop heckling and laughing... ...OK, so I didn't know whether to release this with so many other good/better hyped C-Verses coming out in a bit since I didn't want to contribute to a [i]Crisis of the Infinite CornellVerses[/i] type thing, but I'll go ahead anyways: What we have here is the CornellVerse ten months into 2008. Many things have happened in a short (or long) period of time. Obscure promotions have become noticed, new promotions have appeared, workers who probably would've never become stars or worth their salt [i]are[/i]. 2008 has seen wars rage across global wrestling scene. [COLOR="Red"][U][b]Mexico[/b][/U][/COLOR] SOTBPW--now a cult company with exposure in the US and Japan thanks to tours--is actually facing down the old wounded wolf that is OLLIE. It's said that the older you get, the craftier you get and OLLIE has an ace up its sleeve for the "c*cky punk" that is SOTBPW. I won't tell you who it is, but it will be pretty big for OLLIE in the upcoming years...hopefully. MPWF meanwhile is pretty much going through the motions having reverted to its lucha entertainment style. Also, Spanish Superfly left MPWF with his roving band of rookies and later formed Tijuana Comix with friend and musician/wrestler Captain Metallico as the top heel. The promotion is pretty much a live action comic book which is doing pretty well considering the rabidness of Tijuana fans. [B][U][COLOR="Red"]United States[/COLOR][/U][/B] It's business as usual as TCW and SWF battle it out for the future of the US wrestling scene. TCW has seen a very exciting an unexpected 2008 thus far with an unexpected title change, face turn, and heel turn [i]all in the same match[/i]! The SWF--attempting to bounce back from the Election--issues a promotion wide draft between Supreme and the new brand Hardcore as Supreme TV receives three hours. SWF also sees the loss--not death--of a young star in Zimmy Bumfhole. Elsewhere in the US everything is pretty much the same expect for an [i]insane[/i] promotion war in Puerto Rico between FCW and upstart Caribbean Wrestling League led by the bitter brother of Puerto Rican Power, Puerto Rican Glory. In the same way as having dueling pistols, both promotion managed TV slots in the early fall due to exciting feuds through the first half of 2008! [B][U][COLOR="Red"]Canada[/COLOR][/U][/B] Nothing to report here really. Whippy the Clown becomes the new ace of CGC as Nathan Priest, but for the most part Canada has been in a state of suspended animation only with 4C having Mexican connections now. [B][U][COLOR="Red"]UK[/COLOR][/U][/B] 21CW continues to dominate the landscape while MOSC and ROF struggle to stay open. A new promotion based in Birmingham opens as the "New, More Hardcorer MOSC" in High Intensity Violence ran by Psycho, Ripper LeStat, and The Landlord. The promotion is proving to be a loud, boistrous eye sore with overly violent matches and over the top profane promos. The good thing is that they've taken in quite a few workers who were toiling on the indies, but couldn't find work due to promotions not hiring. Like MOSC, they run cheap shows--only with a rented ring and with light tubes and the like. One of the biggest things out of the UK at the moment is the superstar Jack the Knife. Through elaborate self-promotion, media manipulation, good matches, and a great gimmick, Jack has risen to be the top star in the UK and far too big for England. Many writers are seeing him as the "True Next Tommy Cornell" as he has his eyes on the US now. [B][U][COLOR="Red"]Europe[/COLOR][/U][/B] You've got the UEW...and you've got EWA. The big two in Europe--which isn't saying much really. Now you've got the new Norwegian Extreme Overkill promotion that uses deathmatches to entertain. They also have a good bankroll as they are backed by a record company. Co-owned by Herschel the Hammer and Deathtanic Legion 6, the promotion also features musical performances at their bigger shows by many of DL6's death metal and black metal acts. Europe's next big thing, Alexi Draco resides in NEO. [B][U][COLOR="Red"]Australia[/COLOR][/U][/B] ...pretty much the same. As the only promotion in Oceania there really can't be much to discuss can there? The wrestling scene is exactly like the Puerto Rican scene years ago: it existed, but it didn't. [B][U][COLOR="Red"]Japan[/COLOR][/U][/B] Well Japan--like America, Mexico, and the UK--is experiencing drastic changes. Where to start? PGHW is still in the same position its been in, so no change there. The big change is in the indies. WEXXV has lost Saionji Omura as he and Dick the Devastator struck it big with their new Crazy One's Chicken Kitchen franchise which brings American fried chicken, BBQ, and other goods to Japan. Originally, it was a local institution in Tokyo where wrestlers from all promotions regularly visited...the food was lousy until Devastator took over the menu and instructed the cooking. Soon it became [i]the place to eat[/i]. The two devised something to put the restrurant over the top: the first exploding barbedwire deathmatch in 14 years! The event was amazing, 20,000+ fans were treated to free Crazy One's chicken while they got a free show. The main event match was all WIN...made of WIN if you will, pretty much on the exciting front--not the quality. Aired on JSV, Saionji's restrurant received insane press and tripled revenue. Workers Tatsukichi Shichirobei (who teamed with Omura against) Nobuhito Ogiwara, and Oniji Hanari were made overnight stars. A month later, Devastator and Omura opened the D&D promotion to rival WEXXV. Hanari and Ogiwara later jumped to WEXXV when offered championship options. In GCG, Tadiyuki 2000--annoyed by Hanshiro Furusawa's fickle booking after Yoshifusa Maeda became ill (for a short period mind you)--left the promotion. He popped up in the indies for a bit before signing with D&D as one of their top heels...and later their top heel following Ogiwara and Oniji's departure. Back in GCG, Yasuhide Tayama becomes GCG Champion and the promotion revives its old GCG Jr. Heavyweight Title. Some GCG workers (Shotaro Ikina, Murakami, and Kuroki) begin touring the indies...one such indy is the new XCITE Japan Wrestling promotion which showcases an entertainment/comedy based style. Scarlet Samurai's SKY Japan just rose back to recognition with the hot Exciter (Kiemon Yoshimitsu) vs. Jigoku (Bishima's son) feud. The promotion was THE lucharesu promotion in Japan until the bulk of their roster left to form WLW in late 2000. Afterwards, the promotion slowly rotted until their 2nd generation (Magnum KOBE, Akiro Daimaou, Jigoku, White Samurai, Kiemon Yoshimitsu) made the group worth watching again. As we know now KOBE left for WLW later, White Samurai signed for BHOTWG, and Akiro Daimaou--now heavier than a junior--left for D&D. Also, the WINNOW promotion opened up, founded by Seiko Nanami and Optimus' wife, Tasha "Spirit of Vengeance" Asuka. It boasts stars as Kikkawa's new bride Nene Ebina. Special surprise for BHOTWG which won't be mentioned here...actually [i]two[/i] kind of. ANYWAY...on to specifics. [COLOR="blue"][u][b]TRACK LISTING[/b][/u][/COLOR] 1. New matches, mostly deathmatches. Types have been changed around a bit. 2. Popularity adjustments 3. Skill adjustments to some workers to reflect improvement overtime 4. New relationships 5. New workers added 6. Shoddy logos/banners using MS Paint (sorry, forgive me...they are poverty level shoddy) 7. Some movesets already in game have more moves added (Stones, Cornells, etc) 8. New generic and custom movesets 9. New moves 10. All [i]wrestling[/i] workers now have a moveset...most maybe the generic movesets I've recreated, but they now have a moveset 11. New promotions 12. New TV shows 13. New TV slots 14. Biography changes for major storyline workers 15. Loyalies set 16. New titles (tournaments and such) and title histories 17. A new network 18. New events...most active promotions have an anniversary show or have a show altered to reflect an anniversary show) 19. Some promotions now have a tournament as well as history (mentioned in title histories mention) 20. Some workers added in from CV 1997 and 1975 as backstory workers 21. Some new "non-injuries" (arrests, retirements, asylum admittance, etc) [quote]Alter egos: 440 Angles: 434 Dojo graduates: 245 Dojos: 22 Events: 212 Gimmicks: 208 Hall of Immortals: 58 Injuries: 98 Locations: 357 Match types: 158 Move sets: 1,178 Moves: 1,241 PPV agreements: 6 PPV carriers: 30 Promotion pacts: 35 Promotions: 56 Stables: 16 Start injuries: 8 Storylines: 37 Teams: 324 Title lineage: 1,714 Titles: 192 TV networks: 49 TV show slots: 15 TV shows: 14 User characters: 6 Worker relations: 420 Workers: 1,730[/quote] [COLOR="Blue"][b]What's Next:[/b] C-Verse: Stained Glass [Winter 2008] OR C-Verse: Don't Break The Oath [Winter 2008][/COLOR] [b]Proposed Improvements[/b] -More events for ALL promotions -More stables -New angles -[i]Maybe[/i] new matches -Obvious title lineage changes -Obvious bio and contract changes -Other obvious changes -Sweeping status of active workers and editing accordingly to reflect decline/improvement overtime in skill and popularity [b]Expected Release:[/b] Late November or first of December 2008 [i]Feel free to use any part of the mod for whatever, future updates or what have you. Thanks to derek_b for a reply back on using some workers from the CV 1997 as reference workers and to the authors of CV 1975 for TEW 2007...I don't have your names with me, but I take it that you know who you are. Just...jump in and take a bow, your work really helped with this one.[/i]

[QUOTE=Astyn;513236]im not sure how to download it i go into MediaFire then i click download but it says i can either open it with Microsoft or Mozilla Firefox im not sure wat 2 do[/QUOTE] Can you download from megaupload or something? Usually it'll just allow you to download it. Try Microsoft.

[QUOTE=Astyn;513257]nah it just keeps saying i can only open it with microsoft Word so im thinking it must be my computer thats messing up not ur program[/QUOTE] OHHH! You will need Winzip or WinRar to open it since its a .rar file. Don't worry, I have a zip (for the data) that'll I'll put up in a few minutes. :D It's improved so I'll state all the new stuff as well.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"][b]V1.2 Updates[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE] -Fixed Burning EXILE contract issue. Made XJW a touring promotion. -Went over some relationships and movesets. -30% more deathmatchier...added about 16 new deathmatches. -Added user character Porkchop Smith. -All Japanese promotions that are ACTIVE as of October 2008 now have events for all touring months. -ALL Japanese promotions (maybe one escaped me) have WRESTLE PEACE FESTIVAL in December. -Most Japanese promotions have a tournament of some sort (I may have forgotten a tourney for XJW). -21CW, ROF, MOSC, HIV, PSW and NYCW have 12 events. -Checked to see if I put Phil Chase in the game. (Phil Chase was the trainer from WreSpi who I felt should've been in TEW 2007) -Fixed SWF dropping brands issue. -Fixed Thumbtack Deathmatch, now match setup is around 5 minutes instead of 15 minutes. [COLOR="Red"][b]What I Forgot[/b][/COLOR] -Forgot to put Pizza Delivery Boy who appeared in one of early EW games I played in the game. -Forgot to give NEO, UEW, and EWA 12 events. They all do have an anniversary show. [b]P.S[/b] -I lied about SWF dropping brands issue...they're stubborn like that and hate organization of promotions. :D DATA as .zip: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?mszigylbsbo[/url] DATA as .rar: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?i5rbkd4jdjc[/url] [QUOTE=FINisher;513226]Nice! ^^ I'm interested. I'll download and review this tomorrow! I'm exited about the new matches, as in the defaul database there just isn't all that many matches as there could be.[/QUOTE] Oh yeah, that HAD to be fixed...especially if playing WEXXV or MOSC :D

[QUOTE=Astyn;513858]is there a specific Pic pack that i need 2 use for this Mod[/QUOTE] Yep, the pic pack is the third link under the picture in the first post. You'll need winrar for that as well. [b]In Related News[/b] v1.3 may be up tomorrow...as for improvements and corrections. -HIV Anarchy Insanity and Danger Summit tournament moved to December -The Avatars will be added and relationships drawn out. Minor edits to popularity, age edit to The Grand Avatar as well as some stats...I want to make him the hated jerk of the family -Will be working on events for Mexican promotions that are active. When that's done, ALL active promotions will have events...even SAISHO, Hinote, and RIPW. -Fixing stuff with the luchadors so that they all have some religious background, stats adjusted some as well. -Fixed relations with Big Smack Scott to reflect how hated he is. He now has around 14 negative relationships and two positive...maybe one. -TJ Comix now has titles. -Fixing D&D so that their key focus is hardcore. -May add new networks. -Going over venues a bit. -Adding new user characters since The Avatars will be moved. -Pizza Delivery Boy [i]and[/i] King Magnum (Magnum Johnson's son) added [b]What I forgot[/b] -Forgot to mention in the first release that there has been personality adjustments for members with promotions. If you noticed in the default game, most characters have the same personality (high manipulation, some in the middle of flaky and dependable), etc. Most of these workers will have attitude adjustments. For instance, in Japan some workers tend to be fiercely loyal to their promotion (reflect already in-game) and have company get along pretty well for the betterment of the company. That was reflected through having company loyalty turned on in all countries since some workers do tend to be loyal to a promotion. (Undertaker and WWE, AJ and TNA, Yuji Nagata and NJPW, JUN KASAI and BJW as examples). -There's other stuff I'll have to check out.

[b]C-Verse: British Steel v1.3 - Final Version[/b] PICS: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?mill1mmjw0n[/url] DATA: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?s2ldt3oo0oj[/url] NOTE: You'll need Winrar or a program that opens .rar files to open these folders. So, this is the final version of British Steel until [i]Don't Break The Oath[/i] in late November. Improvements are: [b]Major Improvements[/b] -Added the entire Avatar dynasty with stat adjustments to reflect improve/decline. Also, popularity has been adjusted to fit them in with the rest of the workers. If you wish, you can import the Avatars into your own game (as with the extra deathmatches I did) and sort out their family. -Added Cazador Sr. (from CV 1975) and Cazador Jr. (created) -Some of FINISHER's pics added (Credit: FINisher*) -Fixing stuff with the luchadors so that [i]most[/i] have some religious background, stats adjusted some as well. -Fixed relations with Big Smack Scott to reflect how hated he is. He now has around 14 negative relationships and two positive...maybe one. -TJ Comix now has titles. -Fixing D&D so that their key focus is hardcore. [b]For Your Own Good[/b] -All active promotions have events whether they are touring or full-time. [b]NEXT TIME in [i]Don't Break The Oath[/i][/b] -Going over movesets! Hopefull all workers will have at least two or three moves. -Going over moves! Will clearly define weight limitations and stuff. -More Deathmatchierer: More deathmatches for those who like them...but there'll also be other match additions...for those who don't like deathmatches. -More clearly defined loyalities to promotions: particularly PSW. -Title history changes -Pizza Delivery Boy will [i]finally[/i] be added -PGHW will have an October show -[i]ALL[/i] promotions--active and inactive--will have events -New networks -3 new Aussie promotions and a hardcore Canadian promotion so that TRAUMA CAN FIND A HOME :mad: (you all know you neglect Trauma and Ripper LeStat) So, you can sit and enjoy this one and know there will be no other improvements until late November. :D

[QUOTE=Midnightnick;515872]Will there be a whole crew of new workers in Don't Break The Oath other than Pizza Delivery Boy? :D[/QUOTE] Well of course, it's just that I kept forgetting about him when he's like my Mike Quackenbush/Reckless Youth of the CornellVerse. ...you could even say Jerkface if anyone remembers that worker from the 90s. I know there will be more Australian workers since I have more Australian promotions in the works. Plus an American lucha libre promotion...like I don't know, the old Rev Pro or a make shift local promotion.

[quote=SWIFT;516376]Well of course, it's just that I kept forgetting about him when he's like my Mike Quackenbush/Reckless Youth of the CornellVerse. ...you could even say Jerkface if anyone remembers that worker from the 90s. I know there will be more Australian workers since I have more Australian promotions in the works. Plus an American lucha libre promotion...like I don't know, the old Rev Pro or a make shift local promotion.[/quote] You've got my attention SWIFTUS Maximus. While you're doing all the new addons and everything, pull a page out of Shamelessposer's book. Come up with all sorts of alter-egos for workers. That's why we have the Alt picture thread. :D

[QUOTE=Midnightnick;516421]You've got my attention SWIFTUS Maximus. While you're doing all the new addons and everything, pull a page out of Shamelessposer's book. Come up with all sorts of alter-egos for workers. That's why we have the Alt picture thread. :D[/QUOTE] That's another thing I wanted to do since I only added one new gimmick (Pervy Cleric) for the Evil Henchmen to use in NEO. Could be plenty of more gimmicks though. The Box Monster and Bear Suit Guy are two I'd love to add.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived