****SPOILER ALERT**** Cyber Sunday

wilts

Just finished watching Cyber Sunday, and in my opinion, what a crock of sh1t.... Anyone else watch it? I feel so bad for Jeff, missing out yet again when an oath like Batista gets the belt, I hope to god that they are going to build towards Mania or something, maybe Jeff win the Rumble and then have him land the title at mania, HBK-esque, but who knows... So, if you watched, what were your general feelings of it?

Batista winning is a travesty. Maybe not that extreme, but it is sickening. Once again, Jericho, who has been doing great work over the past few months as champion, is pushed aside for Batista, who since 2002, has only improved in-ring slightly. Besides, Jericho had so many more interesting match ups, and I thought eventually he'd lose the title to HBK, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Damn you, WWE. I'm glad that I didn't pay to see it.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;514972]Yeah, but Jericho can reach down into the midcard and bring someone up to the main event "Without" the strap. Batista staying a solid threat to him will make the win by (Cade?) mean more. Or at least that's how I was thinking.[/QUOTE] Wasn't Cade released? On another note, the angle with Jericho and Adamle, did it not look like Jericho was on the phone or something, and to me it came across as he had heard from someone that had his back, then nothing happened....maybe he was on the phone to TNA management...lol. I really can't understand why Batista has the strap, yeah I am biased and he is the ultimate jobber in every WWE game that I play, but he does absolutely nothing for me, I find him very bland and boring and unless they are going to run an Orton - Batista programme then I can't see him really doing anything. Given what HBK has given to the industry, and the advanced stage of his career, I was really hoping they would keep Jericho on top until the Rumble then have him lose it to HBK, or even better lose it to him at Mania, but hey, that is just me.

Lets pray Batista gets whats coming to him. And if Jeff Doesn't win at wrestlemania I will eat my mask, in his career what has Batista done? Beat Triple H, Big Frickin Woop. Used his muscle to beat the occasional star. Lets look at Jeff Hardy, beat Triple H at Armageddon, First ever TLC match, First ever Tag Ladder match, jumped thirty frickin feet and still got RKO'd, and my alltime favourite, Swantoned Edge through a ladder at Wrestlemania 23. Who deserves a win? Discuss. This is my last post, I am now gone from GDS for the next few days. Pity you guys, I couldn't live without me...

[QUOTE=wilts;514976]Wasn't Cade released? On another note, the angle with Jericho and Adamle, did it not look like Jericho was on the phone or something, and to me it came across as he had heard from someone that had his back, then nothing happened....maybe he was on the phone to TNA management...lol. I really can't understand why Batista has the strap, yeah I am biased and he is the ultimate jobber in every WWE game that I play, but he does absolutely nothing for me, I find him very bland and boring and unless they are going to run an Orton - Batista programme then I can't see him really doing anything. Given what HBK has given to the industry, and the advanced stage of his career, I was really hoping they would keep Jericho on top until the Rumble then have him lose it to HBK, or even better lose it to him at Mania, but hey, that is just me.[/QUOTE] Maybe it was supposed to be Orton since he did come in and let Jericho cheat. I can't stand Batista, and I would rather have seen Jericho retain, but creative had killed all the momentum his character had built up while feuding with Michaels. He went from being a fresh, edgy character, to the standard whining heel. (It seemed that they turned his on-screen character into Batista's backstage one) The Chris Jericho that didn't care that he hurt Shawn's wife and didn't care about ending his career, suddenly starts whining about respect. And WWE wonders why their ratings drop. As for Jeff Hardy, to paraphrase, Jeff screwed Jeff. The company has taken him as far as they can at this time. He is less than a year removed from his second strike, and recently got kicked off an airplane for "appearing drunk," whatever that might mean. Triple H gave him two solid matches and made him look good in both of them. I think they want to put the title on him, but they can't trust him yet.

Personally I don't like Batista. I can't relate to his character at all. I'm not sure whether him having the strap is going to be a bad thing for the world at large, but I can say that I have very little incentive to watch RAW now. Jericho was interesting to me. Batista is not. RAW is a hassle to fit into my schedule, and I'm not going to make that effort for Batista. This isn't spite, I'm not angry at WWE, there's just other things I'd rather do than see RAW now. Although people seem to like it when Batista shakes them ropes... so that's something I guess. As for Jeff... the voting screwed Jeff. More accurately, the idea of putting Jeff in the voting screwed Jeff. Hunter wasn't going to lose at Cyber Sunday, and obviously (to all but WWE) the fans were going to go for the Trips/Jeff singles match. Jeff [I]had[/I] to lose the match, and unfortunately that has damaged the good done by the 'almost there' match at No Mercy. They wanted Koslov in there, and so did I. I've grown quite attached to the guy. However they forgot he was the heel, and therefore wouldn't be popular in a popularity contest. Go figure.

I've never liked nor will I ever like Batista (and that Youtube video of "What's Batista afraid of is a classic.) I watched him in OVW before he came up to the main roster and couldn't stand him and I still can't. He cannot do either one of his finishers correctly and that is certainly pathetic. He shoulderblocks people in the stomach and they call it a spear... and he screws up his Batista Bomb so much one of these days he's gonna break someone's neck cause he sure as heck has come close several times. Not gonna get into a Triple H argument... but he's best buds with Dave and it's tremendously obvious why he's been pushed like he has. There have been DOZENS of wrestlers since Batista first arrived who have gotten reaction as good or better who just get fed to his 4 move arsenal. Last I heard Dave was whining because he wasn't on top anymore... not understanding his lack of ring skill... mic skill... and overall lack of being able to perform anything but a spinebuster correctly (and that's a move the receiver does while the other guy just does the motion,) and he cannot fathom why he's not "the" guy. Yes, I know his lack of proper training is partially at fault for it... but if in damn near a decade with the talent he's been in the ring with he cannot improve at all, he needs to step aside and find something else to do with his life. I've seen more improvement in Mark Henry and Khali in the last year than I've ever seen in Batista... and it flat out disgusts me they keep giving him chances when he's never improved enough to earn it. Yeah, I admire the guy for going through the traveling and the schedule he puts in... but that's nothing when you consider guys whose boots Batista couldn't lace have been doing it years longer. And lemme tell you something... I'm not an Edge fan or a Randy Orton fan and never will be... but if comes down to it, take the belt off Dave and put it on one of those two ASAP or give it back to Jericho. As you can probably tell I'm tired of office politics and the worst talent on the roster getting pushes... we had our own Batista whine his way into our World Title this weekend and it sickens me to see people give into it.

Jericho as a character, I love. But Batista, when he's in the ring, and he smiles at something... he -looks- like he's enjoying himself. It's what I call "The Princess Bride Factor". It doesn't matter if it's a crappy match or a nonsense angle, if the people involved look like they're having a ball with what they're doing. Batista does that. So I'm not surprised they gave him the title. I'm also not surprised that HBK and Orton still got involved in the main event. Goodd business sense by the WWE; if you can't predict what people will pick, write a match that'll use all three of them somehow and just switch names around when needed.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;515084]Jericho as a character, I love. But Batista, when he's in the ring, and he smiles at something... he -looks- like he's enjoying himself. It's what I call "The Princess Bride Factor". It doesn't matter if it's a crappy match or a nonsense angle, if the people involved look like they're having a ball with what they're doing. Batista does that. So I'm not surprised they gave him the title.[/QUOTE] I totally agree with this, Big Dave does look like he's having an awesome time in there, which is nice. I also think he's put on some great matches (to WWE specifications) over the past year or so, matches that I at least have enjoyed watching. He has his role; the big, strong, musclebound powerhouse who dominates opponents with pure force. Character-wise, he's a modern day Hulk Hogan in many ways, and wrestling always needs one of those guys at the top. Jericho, Edge and Orton are all great, better 'workers' if you want to put it like that, but they work best as wily heels who need to cheat to beat the top dogs. Batista balances that out. Makes it a variety show. I respect the character. I just don't personally like him. The thing is... Batista seems to have fun showing up guys weaker than him. He's portrayed as a popular guy, with a great physique, who can do no wrong in the ring, and gets all of the girls. He mocks and humiliates the smaller guys who have no option but to cheat to win fights. Maybe it's the old high school jealousy flaring up again, but that's why I don't like him. He has things too easy. I don't mean Dave Bautista; the man, whose connection to Triple H has given him an awesome push. I mean Batista; the character, who's big and strong and popular and a hit with the ladies. I don't get things so easily, and therefore I resent that this character does. ... and now he's Champion. Good for him, but I'll be spending the RAW timeslot doing other things.

My biggest problem with Batista getting the title, other than those already mentioned, is the way that it happened, not in the sense of the match, but compared to how it used to be, there seems to be no build up to it now. Everything just seems so rushed, as though creative have run out of ideas so they are picking words out of a hat to build a story, rather than developing it. Even Y2J vs HBK seemed rushed to me. They should follow my lead and drag it out, those guys are headlining Mania for me without Jericho having lost the title yet, that has some build up to it and will mean something when HBK wins. Jericho losing last night seems RVD-esque when he dropped the title and was suspended....is Jericho a Y2Junkie and got caught, maybe that will explain it... For me it is a love hate relationship, I love to hate the 'E, but just can't get enough of them, hoping that 1 day they will turn it all around...I think I might be waiting a while though.

Archived