Promos always underperforming

Guest Ransik

I created a 7 person promo to run in pre-show segments once a week in order to give some of my hot prospects some better mic skills before I give them a push. Anywhoo... for three of them... they always "perform dreadfully," but I don't get this since one of them (Ariel) has a B- on all Entertainment Skills except for Announcing now. I just ran RAW and once again it said she was dreadful. Why is it after all this time she still can't cut a promo even with above average skills?

That seems.... odd. Well... Vinnie Mac ain't the boss anymore and maybe he oughta job to the Portuguese Princess so I can finish her push to the Women's Title. ;)

Well, promo spots are rated at least partially on popularity, even if you choose something other than Overnness. And realistically, crowds are going to pop much for some unknown schmoe on the mic, even if he's in there with a few popular performers. The crowd just isn't going to care about what they have to say, as they will want to hear what the popular workers are going to talk about.

As mentioned, it's mostly popularity related. I get the same note every time I have an entertaining but not over worker on-screen with a significantly more popular presence. Even if Hurricane has good charisma, when he's on screen with the Rock, you're either going to get a "was very underwhelming" or an "underperformed horribly" message because they're turning in a "C" level performance in what's otherwise an "A" or "B" level angle. It doesn't mean they're not entertaining, just that the crowd doesn't care about them as much as whoever they're in the segment with.

It could also depend on their personalities, and their chemistry. Selfish, manipulative, timid could lead into all sorts of scenarios where workers are reluctant to work with unestablished talent. The same way how wrestlers who are reluctant to job can sometimes put out bad matches on purpose to bury the guy they're supposed to put over. Especially if it's someone they don't like, or who is in contention for a top spot.

Archived