newbie jumping in, couple quick questions.

hi guys, thansk in advance! im a TEW rookie, but i played WMMA and loved it, i just had a few questions. 1) can anyone give me a heads up on a smallish (so i don't have to keep track of 50 people to start) Sports entertainment fed so i can learn the ropes and grow the fed? something finacialy solvent would be good, want to use the editor as little as possable to keep myself afloat by learning :D 2) booking, in the demo, seems a bit daunting. tough to keep track of everything. Ive started keeping notes in word, is that pretty much what everyone does? thanks in advance! EDIT: a fed with both male and female working would be prefered, but overall, an easy starter fed is what im looking for

Small and Sports Entertainment are kind of mutually exclusive - but I think that 21CW in the UK might be what you're looking for. I use Excel to keep track of my roster. I think I even posted a template somewhere... [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=29345&highlight=spreadsheet&page=2[/url] don't know if the links are still active, but you can find examples there

As far as small feds go there are several but it seems MAW is one of the more popular ones as for myself I'm using AAA though its a female wrestling promotion only but I'm having fun with them. As far as finances go i think most small feds don't start off with a lot of money i could be wrong though maybe one of the veterans in here could help you with that problem. And why not use the editor i do to create wrestlers and even to give myself a little extra money to make shure i can stay afloat a few years.

Maybe it's just me, but I would not recommend trying 21CW to start off. I have a really hard time keeping them afloat since everyone has such low overness. I almost always cheat and make Nova into an active wrestler to keep the main event strong. If you want to start with a smaller, sports entertainment fed, I'd recommend FCW or CGC. CGC is a little bigger (at Cult size), but is my favorite sports entertainment fed to play as. FCW is smaller and is the only Small sized fed that really has a high entertainment element. Personally, I'd choose CGC to try out a Sports Entertainment fed, but it's up to you.

Yeah, I would agree with the Doctor. Don't play 21CW as a first game. I struggled with it and I've been playing the series for years. Just too frustrating because you can't get the ratings you need no matter what. You're bound to drop to regional early on, which doesn't exactly fill you full of confidence with your game! The other suggestions are good though - FCW, USPW or CGC could all be up your street.

[QUOTE=crownsy;516163]thanks guys! just downloaded the game last night and looked at some rosters, think ill go with C2G tonight, and im sure bug the heck out of everyone with more questions. ;)[/QUOTE] I'm in the same boat with you crownsy... if you haven't seen it already the official tip thread has been a great source of information for me getting started: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=32473[/url] There are also a couple of fed-specific threads that have really helped: USPW: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34698[/url] TCW: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34665[/url] SWF: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34736[/url]

There's never any love for Europe! EWA, man...the smallest sports entertainment promotion out there(one of the smallest period), even has a women's division. Just make sure to note that the owner (Byron) is not one of those women, despite the picture...or am I the only one who's made that mistake? ;) CGC's a fine choice, though...the main event pretty much books itsself (DeColts vs. Elite), plus it has a weekly TV show so the booking is a lot more frequent. About the second question, the game does have a built in notepad (top right, next to the save and exit buttons) you can use to help with booking...although its space is somewhat limited, so if you keep really long term notes you may have to open a seperate word file.

Ha, I forgot all about EWA. Probably because I am a UEW man myself (I can never understand why everyone loves Bam Bam. I hate the guy myself. I always fire him and bring Bad News Bruno in to do the same thing). Still, I prefer CGC far more than any of the other sports entertainment feds. The DeColts are fun to play with, and I love to push Dan DaLay hugely (my current CGC World Champion in my CGC game!) The undercard isn't the best, but it's definitely workable, and if you bring in a couple of guys, the undercard is pretty strong.

[QUOTE=doctorjones;516275]Ha, I forgot all about EWA. Probably because I am a UEW man myself (I can never understand why everyone loves Bam Bam. I hate the guy myself. I always fire him and bring Bad News Bruno in to do the same thing). Still, I prefer CGC far more than any of the other sports entertainment feds. The DeColts are fun to play with, and I love to push Dan DaLay hugely (my current CGC World Champion in my CGC game!) The undercard isn't the best, but it's definitely workable, and if you bring in a couple of guys, the undercard is pretty strong.[/QUOTE] on that subject, i assume this is the case, but eventually i can grow myself up to like, a WWE level promotion if stick with it for years and years right? also, on storylines. I'm thinking of using some of the stocks, but also writing my own. In your guys experiance, how many storylines does a company expect (this is the one question i couldn't find in the tips thread, which was super useful ) do i need like 10+ (which i might trip myself up with) or can i run like, say 5-7 while the other guys just kind of do segments during the show?

[QUOTE=Pampero Firpo;516410]For a small company you won't need nearly that many storylines. I'm not sure the exact number, but you should be fine with 2 or 3.[/QUOTE] whew, sound salot more managable. last question for the day, i promise. I should stick to 60 minute shows right? seems to me i dont really have the talent pool/ experiance to run the 90's

With CGC, I usually am running 4 or 5 storylines, mainly at the top of the card, with one or two undercard feuds. As for the show length, that is really up to you. I brought in like 6 or 7 guys to beef up the roster a little and bumped the show length up to and hour and a half pretty quickly. It's a little more expensive when you use more PPA workers, but overall it's not too bad financially. And you can always grow with any promotion, it's just harder with some than others.

[QUOTE=crownsy;516413]I should stick to 60 minute shows right? seems to me i dont really have the talent pool/ experiance to run the 90's[/QUOTE] Yeah, stick with the small shows to start. I play AAA, and I run 1 show a week (against some pretty good advice, but I'm an impatient man with delusions of grandeur...) and stick to the 1 hours. Heck, in TEW'07 I did half hour shows! Saves on money with the roster, since you don't need quite so many workers per show, and if you need more 'time' to so something like a certain step in a story line you "absolutely, positively have to have happen tonight!", you can use Dark Time (Pre-show).

started in cgc last night, but didnt get much time as i was super busy after work. tonight i should get a ton of time though. my one concern, backed up by the excellent dave mack dynasty thread on cgc i was reading, is that it seems like the decolts kind of restrict the roster, since Ricky is kinda overpushed and spoiled. at least it lets a newbie like me stick to the predictable "decolts SMASH elite!!!" storyline for a few months to get thier feet wet :D question: how do i make myself a wrestler/booker like dragon did in his? so far ive only been able to pick my avatar, it never lets me make a wrestler. love to do that and do his plan of being a talented guy who helps the other guys in the company.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;517203]My wrestler is an Avatar, just renamed. I used the jack avatar from 07 and then just did the same thing in 08 with stats edited to reflect changes that had taken place in the character from 07 to 08.[/QUOTE] thanks dragon, and excellent dynastsy, been reading it all day here at work (which is killing me by making me more and more ready to start mine once i get home!) hopefully the decolts won't be to much for me to handle, as i can already see myself disliking having to push ricky before he's ready, and i don't know if i'll be able to handel it as artfully as you did. while your around, do you use unchained for your storylines or lay them out in advance? (i was playing around with them last night, can see adavntages to each)

[QUOTE=crownsy;517229]thanks dragon, and excellent dynastsy, been reading it all day here at work (which is killing me by making me more and more ready to start mine once i get home!) hopefully the decolts won't be to much for me to handle, as i can already see myself disliking having to push ricky before he's ready, and i don't know if i'll be able to handel it as artfully as you did. while your around, do you use unchained for your storylines or lay them out in advance? (i was playing around with them last night, can see adavntages to each)[/QUOTE] Now that you can evolve unchained storylines in '08, I pretty much use those exclusively. The only real advantage regular storylines have over unchained is the ability to advance a storyline with only one person and to have more than eight people in it ( and I am not sure about that one) So unchained are easier to manage, at least for me.

For your very first game, I would not worry too much about the ratings. You might fail during your first game, but you'll learn the ropes and that's what's more important. If you do bad your first game and fall flat on your face, don't feel bad. I do it in every new game like this I play. SO just have fun and try to get down the idea of how to book good shows, and after a little while, you'll really get the hang of it and start rising up the rankings.

If you think Ricky DeColt is bad, wait until you play as USPW and the poison pill Peter Valentine...worthless in the ring and on the mic, not even menacing, and has the worst attitude. Annnd you can't fire him or even let his contract expire because he's best friends with the boss. Good times. In one game with them it got to the point where he'd attack somebody, I'd suspend him for a month, he'd attack somebody again his first or second show back, I'd suspend him for a month, and this just repeated itsself over and over again until Sam Strong retired from the business and I could finally fire him...on the plus side, I got to see what all the mood icons looked like, I'd never gotten anybody else down to any of the bottom three. That angriest one is freaky looking. And I completely agree with doctorjones about not taking your first game too seriously. Whenever I'm starting a new game with a promotion I've never used before I like to play a few "practice" games (just a couple shows into the game) until I really feel like I know the promotion inside and out...of course, this is especially true for your first game ever, where you're still learning the bascis of the game itsself. You're probably going to make some rookie mistakes along the way and probably learn stuff that'd really be helpful at the beginning of the game.

Archived