Improving Gimmick Rating

As general advice, make sure your gimmicks suit both your wrestlers and, just as importantly, your promotion. I am sure you will be checking that all gimmicks suit the wrestlers' abilities, however, are you checking they suit your promotion? Check your product; if your fans do not like risky or will not get subtle gimmicks, then don't use them! By using decent wrestlers and following the above, I typically see B up to A for gimmick grades.

Me too. I even have a lots of A*s in my current game, while I had the same problem like justtxyank with another product. I guess, the more conflicting elements your product consists of, the harder is it to get really good gimmick ratings. Also: Gimmick ratings can improve with a turn, even if the situation seems unlikely at first. Subtility definitely has a huge impact.

Ok, so my product settings say that fans don't like highly risky gimmicks, want them to be simple, won't get subtle, and want all wrestlers packaged with a proper gimmick. Yet still, I've never debuted a gimmick or changed a gimmick that's gotten better than C+, and all of my workers fall fast. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm really struggling with the gimmicks.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;518206]Ok, so my product settings say that fans don't like highly risky gimmicks, want them to be simple, won't get subtle, and want all wrestlers packaged with a proper gimmick. [/QUOTE] Ok then. As a test pick a bunch of Main Eventers with strong Face/Heel ratings (because if you give someone a Heel gimmick and his ability to portray a Heel is C-, then it may hurt the gimmick rating). Assign them all gimmicks that: [LIST=1] [*]Are rated high in Face/Heel as appropriate; [*]Suit the characters skills; [*]Are rated low in risk (say, less than C); [*]Are rated low in subtlety. [/LIST] I suspect that you are running a Traditional type fed, so think of gimmickfrom the 1980s; Patriot, Old School Face/Heel etc...

I've developed a hypothesis. I was using a bunch of gimmicks that were at 0 on risk, difficulty, and subtlety. Perhaps that limits how successful they can be? I ran a test and gave someone a gimmick with a low score on those three but not a 0, and he got a B- rating in a B match.

The match grade has nothing to do with the gimmick rating. Gimmick rating is down to that wrestlers gimmicks skills. Can he play a Brute gimmick? What about Cool, Wholesome, or the special Unique gimmicks? What is his face/heel performance? And what do the product setting say.

Archived