The Celebrity Championship Wrestling Folks.. moders opinions.

I think by this point most have heard of or watched Hulk Hogan's CCW show on CMT. As I've watched I've wondered.. should some of or all of the contestants be included in TEW real world mods? I mean, some might say "how would they be used".. who coulden't see Real World alum Trishelle Cannatella managing The Miz in WWE? Hottie dumb dumb Nikki Ziering employed as a WWE Diva? I'd love to find weird manager and or occasional wrestler roles for Danny Bonaduce, Dustin Diamond or Todd Bridges. I was wondering what everyone elses opinion is on this reality show / wrestling show hybrid and its stars inclusion into our precious mods.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;518059]I think by this point most have heard of or watched Hulk Hogan's CCW show on CMT. As I've watched I've wondered.. should some of or all of the contestants be included in TEW real world mods? I mean, some might say "how would they be used".. who coulden't see Real World alum Trishelle Cannatella managing The Miz in WWE? Hottie dumb dumb Nikki Ziering employed as a WWE Diva? I'd love to find weird manager and or occasional wrestler roles for Danny Bonaduce, Dustin Diamond or Todd Bridges. I was wondering what everyone elses opinion is on this reality show / wrestling show hybrid and its stars inclusion into our precious mods.[/QUOTE] Is already apart of As The World Turns it opens a month or 2 into the game and all the "celebs" show up.

I see nothing against including them so long as they are not treated as "wrestlers" in the game simply because they put on a few headlocks on TV. If anything I would treat them the same way most celebrities in mods are, have them listed as like personalities and keep their stats nice and low but give them some overness to account for their fame, if you could call it that.

Am i the only person on the planet that actually like's CCW? Danny D ... its like watching DDP all over again. And Rodman and Dustin D are not half bad... come on, i know they both have prior expirance (rodman in wcw, and dustin in tna) but their both pretty damn good at getting a crowed reaction... All 3 of the above guys are better than Colin Delayne or Jack Swaaaaaaaaaagaaaaa atleast :p

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;518290]God Jebus I hope you're being sarcastic..[/QUOTE] Ok, so Jack can atleast wrestle, ill give him that... Colin on the other hand =P But did you see the way they work the face shots? they might not have technical abilitys in any shape or form but they have the timing down... and they know how to work a crowed for heat, that much im certain of. I would realy like to see more from Dustin Dimond tbh, i think he missed his calling. Uber whining heel, with some proper training he could have done the job.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;518059]I think by this point most have heard of or watched Hulk Hogan's CCW show on CMT. As I've watched I've wondered.. should some of or all of the contestants be included in TEW real world mods? I mean, some might say "how would they be used".. who coulden't see Real World alum Trishelle Cannatella managing The Miz in WWE? Hottie dumb dumb Nikki Ziering employed as a WWE Diva? I'd love to find weird manager and or occasional wrestler roles for Danny Bonaduce, Dustin Diamond or Todd Bridges. I was wondering what everyone elses opinion is on this reality show / wrestling show hybrid and its stars inclusion into our precious mods.[/QUOTE] Shouldn't that crap be called Pseudo Celebrity Championship Wrestling? I don't know who any of those people are. Maybe it's just me?

Man, what took so long for this thread to show up? Anyway, to answer the question, sure. Why not have these folks in a real world mod? Are you going to want to give them much ring skill? For the most part probably not. But since they could be used to give some regional indy a little star power, they aren't totally useless. Heck I could even see whoever the eventual champion of the show ends up being doing an indie turn or two to be some hot shot arrogant heel's first push. Could be a way for some indy promoter to pull the technically true bait and switch of feeding him a wrestling champion en route to the indy's own more credible title.

[QUOTE=Tempest Kane;518184]All 3 of the above guys are better than Colin Delayne or Jack Swaaaaaaaaaagaaaaa atleast :p[/QUOTE]Woooooooo your dead wrong. I have wrestled Colin and he is a good cat going back to 2001ish. [QUOTE=BurningHamster;518298]Colin Delaney is Colin Olsen right? If so, he can wrestle. [/QUOTE] Yes he is and he can wrestle. To say what was said above take a whole lot of not knowing anything to say this. I mean Colin is small but he knows his stuff and is talented at doing what he does.

I am starting to wonder if I am the only one watching it. While amusing to watch (for myself at least) they are no where near a rookie wrestler training in a real camp. As is known on the show they are trained in 3 moves a week and their matches consist of them botching those moves several times with a 2nd rope jump to finish the matches. You can also hear the coaches and refs yelling out their next moves when they really start to get off track. If you want to go of the crowd reaction of that arena you are crazy as well, it would be like judging WSX on their crowd which was hand picked and some paid people with I assume planted signs and such as well.

Danny Bonaduce makes a great cross between DDP and Brian Pillman. Rodzilla has actually been in wrestling before and certainly has the charisma to be effective. Butterbean also has been in wrestling before, who couldn't see that guy as a new Vader? Dustin Diamond could be an effective wrestler... sorta. The girls could be effective eyecandy, and if they are willing to do a show like that they are likely willing to learn to at least not be horrible in the ring.

Archived