C-Verse noob question

I always play real world mods, since that's what I know and enjoy, but I've always wanted to try the C-erse to see if it's as good as you all say it is. However, I don't know where to start. So I was wondering if someone could recommened an easier compnay for me to start of as, maybe that I could play for about 6 months or so while I get used to it. Thanks guys.

It depends entirely on what you want to to do in that game. In terms of just getting familiar with stuff, I agree that going with a bigger promotion is usually a bit easier. If you start as SWF, you don't have worry about money, don't have to worry about talent raids, and you can sign pretty much anyone you want.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;518362]If you're a total C-v erse rookie, then I'd recommend starting out with a smaller company -- smaller rosters are easier to get used to. I'd start with a Regional; CZCW, USPW, or NYCW are good choices.[/QUOTE] Psssst. USPW are Cult.

[B]US[/B] SWF and TCW have large rosters which can be daunting when you a first starting. But some people are the jump right in type so if that's what you want to do by all means go ahead. SWF you will have to really keep track of storylines but if you are used to playing WWE then it might be just the ticket. If you want something really from the bottom up try MAW or FCW both can use storylines but I think only FCW has too, but they aren't pure performance feds so if you like the character part of wrestling these may be for you. Or there's NYCW which is kind of between the two but they have a really aging roster and most of your top guys will be paoched the first month or so. CZCW and PSW are good medium feds. PSW is definitely the practice fed if you want to play sports-entertainment as thye require storylines. CZCW has no face heel divide even though they have and require gimmicks and at a 90% match ratio you don't need to run any stories or even any angles. Both of these feds can run weekly shows without losing money as long as you stick to their starting region. USPW is a cult fed and cult feds can blow through money pretty quickly just from the month misc fees. There roster is some what popular (except in the case of Bruce the Giant who is way over) but they are mostly over the hill and talentless. The roster is small so it may be a a good starter if you intend on playing a large sport-entertainment fed later. AAA and BSC I don't play a lot of women's feds but I'm pretty sure AAA is like MAW except slightly larger. They have some talent on the roster and there is a lot of good free agents out there for a women's fed. The other good thing about women's feds are that you have very few larger feds trying to poach your talent. BSC is basically theater with short usually badly rated matches in between skits of half naked women. [B]Canada[/B] NOTBPW is basically like a lot of the puro Japanese feds everything is based on performance although you can run angles if you like you don't have to but the fans don't want gimmicks, risky matches and all finishes have to be clean so no cheating bad guys. CGC is the opposite, it's like a little more wholesome SWF and smaller so maybe more manageable as a starting fed if you are into sports-entertainment. They're cult like USPW but with a far more talented roster. 4C kind of like CZCW except even with the low popularity of it's workers matches are still rated on popularity over performance. If you play them you 'll get to experience the vocal fan base bitching at you about workers they hate. I don't know much about UK, Europe, Australia or Japan but I'm sure someone else can enlighten you.

UK Three options neatly divide down the styles line. All are relatively small - money will be an issue throughout, as will the fact that expansion is limited by the fact you'll need to make all the stars that will carry you up. I will say that doing this tends to be collossally rewarding, and the odds are that no other UK promotion will be able to steal your workers any time soon. MOSC are a hardcore company operating out of Scotland. Their roster includes some very strong brawlers, few of whom currently are great in other segments due to the Nova Event of late 2006 - see 21CW. Roster's evenly split between veterans and promising youngsters; the trick is growing the company while managing the changeover. You've got a few years, though. ROF are a pure wrestling company with a little allowance for other styles. Forget angles any time soon; your main event talent is useless in them, and your undercard is utterly unknown and also weak in them. But, with 21CW's exclusive PPAs ticking closer to obscurity with every day you advance, you can only get better. Talent is key here; a good tip in booking is to keep an eye on mixing and matching assets to help everyone develop. In particular, Merle O'Curle will help everyone get better at calling matches, Walter Morgan will help their technical abilities, and UK Dragon will provide airborne seasoning while doing a little of both. High level ROF guys occasionally defect exclusively to Japanese companies, but while they're touring as well you'll see even more improvement. 21CW are sports entertainment with a roster of comparative unknowns. It's my belief that they're actually one of the biggest challenges of all the SE companies, with few men able to produce stellar segment ratings immediately and a TV show at Regional cutting into your finances. I'm confident that it's doable, though tricky, and would love to see an expert diarise the attempt. A big advantage early on with a number of the shining lights of the UK (such as they are) under exclusive deals; get sufficient other solid wrestlers in and you can go far. Don't neglect those EWA workers you can bring in; they can be useful. Keith Adams for some reason never gets any play unless the player signs him. This is a damn shame.

Sorry I am late but go with APW. Small company wide selection of talent and your the only one down there so there is nobody stealing you talent. You also don't have to worry about storylines or angles b/c they are a wrestling based promotion. The good thing is when you get TV you can have more angles and less TV b/c the formate is more exceptibale of that. APW is the best promotion to start out as. I truley believe it was created by Adam to help people play the game with alot of the new features and old features so you could work on your gaming ablitiy....I mean think about it you off in this Island with no compitation and a ton of workers at your disposal. It's like any MMORPG you have ever played and started in the newbie world with no threat to you so you can learn the game.

Archived