WOW! OD'n messes ya up BIG TIME!!!

I have seen it happen like around the game but didn't pay much attention to it. HOWEVER in my current Burning Hammer game VENOM just OD'd. I just went "d@mn that sucks" and went about my way. Then I was bored and decided to go see how he was physically and then I notice his skills had completely gone to CRAP!!! He is E in EVERYTHING except technical which is a D-. He used to be a solid work in both technical and flying. a good solid all around talent. Now he is soooo fired. Is it bad that I fired him because he sucks now as a result of his choice and really didn't have much to do with his naracotic abuse itself??? *L* Anyone else see this? Have a talent that you really like or did well for you completely gone to the crapper due to an OD?

Never been to that thread so wasn't aware of it. Butcha right it probably could of been. It just happened and sort of shocked me and freaked me out. Wasn't really worried about where I posted it at the time. My bad if it effects you somehow, it not being posted where it should of been or where ya wished it. Again, my fault. Is that a stange event anyway? I am not sure. Maybe that happens everytime someone OD's.

No no, doesn't offend me at all, of course not. Welcome to the forums btw, I see that you are fairly new member. :) Here's the thread I was referring to, and it actually was in the main page. [URL="http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=31870&page=48"]Strange events so far[/URL]

[QUOTE=Masked Superstar;518447]Maybe that happens everytime someone OD's.[/QUOTE] Yes. I've seen a couple of guys OD'ing. They all went a couple of grades down in basically all areas. I guess, you can fire pretty much any worker after such an incident.

You've never known anyone who actually ODed, have you? For months, years afterwards, when you talk with them, they seem perfectly normal... then you start getting those little clues that tell you something's wrong... trouble picking up a pencil... changes invocabulary, speaking style... erratic movements... some people can OD and walk away unchanged, but for most... it's sad, man. And you can tell, they realize it, they're just begging you with their eyes not to say anything about it, to let them keep pretending nothing's changed... it's horrifying.

[QUOTE=Pugsly34;518747]right after i read this post it happened in my game to peter valentine, and the unthinkable happened, he actually became worse than he already was.[/QUOTE] Blimey - didn't know Adam had programmed a grade for MINUS skills!!! :p I had it with Acid in 07 - one of the best indy talents in the world turned into a cruiserweight version of Peter Valentine overnight!

[QUOTE=Pugsly34;518747]right after i read this post it happened in my game to peter valentine, and the unthinkable happened, he actually became worse than he already was.[/QUOTE] For your sake, I hope you weren't using USPW and had him employed! Could you imagine, playing as USPW, having Valentine showing no signs of aging, and then ODing? Enjoying being forced to push THAT for the next decade.

Rename him "Goldberg" and go through with it until the end! =) I finally have a good one for the weird-injury-list. King Kong Kennedy had a weird incident involving a pig, that gave him the Nigerian Green Plague. I know, there is an obvious interpretation. But I really would like to know first, what the plague is about - and most importantly, how it usually triggers...

In my game, Dan Stone Jr. overdosed. I suppose it's a testiment to how good he starts that afterwards he's still a C- in technical skills. D or below in everything else, though. Though I find it hard to imagine a character in the default database less likely to overdose than Dan Stone Jr. though- I'd have pegged Edd to be the one in that family...

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;518667]You've never known anyone who actually ODed, have you? [/QUOTE] I have known two people who OD'd. Two good friends of mine though neither lived. I am sure you are correct though as the drug use would permanently damage them mentally and physically for the rest of their days. To the game though, I wonder if ODing is repetitive in game. Kinda like you either have a whole bunch of good chemistry notes or a whole bunch of bad chemistry notes and rarely a medium of alittle of both. Reason I wonder is I'd say maybe 10 turns in the same game, Nemisis OD'd and DIED!!!! Of course I was in Japan and he wasn't on my roster but he had returned to the buiness not to soon before that.

Well, I didn't have someone ODing in my company neither. But there were a couple of guys outside my fed. Plus, I just had (my) Michael Gregory catched with steroid by the media. Even though he was always clean before. Now he's suddenly at over 60 at steroid. I don't really get that, tbh. [QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;519167]Don't worry. You have your whole life ahead of you. There's still plenty of time for you to OD. :)[/QUOTE] Don't waste it! Taste it! *offering expired credit card* =)

Archived