William Regal!

GatorBait19

I think he is a very good wrestler but at his age and his problems with the wellness policy why does WWE keep pushing him He won the KOTR but they could have given it to a young up and coming star, and last night he won the rumble thing for the I.C title instead of Rhodes, Shad, Ted Jr., Manu, and JTG, what the hell you know

I don't know but I think Regal is gold. He's funny, he can work a match, his expressions are priceless...he's not getting younger but he seems to be finally getting his due. All of which is good and deserved, I think. I think the newer stars get pushed too hard too quickly, which takes away the shine and the prestige of some titles. Santino as an IC...I hated it, even though I'm beginning to dig his character now. The only "believable" young champ of the final year has been Carlito, in my opinion.

William Regal is a future hall of famer and is IMO probably the most consistent in-ring performer that WWE has. I can't off the top of my head remember a period when he wasn't performing well. Despite the wellness issues he has put up with every stupid gimmick that WWE can think of and has been very proffesional throughout. WWE have also toned down Regal's in-ring ability through the years. If you ever seen him wrestle outside of WWE he is technically gifted and could make an entertaining match out of 20 minutes of mat wrestling. He hasnt got long left in him so i'm glad of the push he is getting.

im not getting down on Regal, i love him and think he is very good, but a wrestler like Jeff Hardy who is maybe just now hitting his prime and has atleast 5 years where he will be at this level and more is getting pushed like everyone thinks he should, and WWE doesn't look to do it now and the only reason they put up with his stuff is because he is a rating producer but because of his problems with the wellness policy he isnt getting pushed like Regal is even though Regal is older and has had injury issues and no offense to him isnt a ratings draw, plus hardy's drug issues is different from Regal's..... Hardy like to smoke lol

I don't really have much love for Jeff Hardy at all and just view him as an overused spot monkey. I admit some of his spots have been superb but it just isn't enough in my eyes to make him champion. He has no charisma and very little mic skills which IMO are essential for a main eventer. If you ask me (which you didn't :p) the guy who is getting overlooked just now is Chris Jericho, the man is sheer talent but they slapped the title on him way too early and took everything interesting away from his current character.

Jericho is great but i love him as a face, now his heel ways give him freedom to act as he wants but to me, he is a bret hart type tweener And if John Cena wins at SS we will Riot I love him and he gives his life to that company, but sometimes I think they need to let him and Batista, JBL, not fight for the title, even try and build that CM Punk vs Jericho storyline, or maybe a Jericho vs Rey (never happen because people in WWE don't respect Rey)

For years, William Regal has been a reliable performer, and more importantly an interesting character. However, until the KotR deal, he was never seen as a serious threat in the WWE Universe. I saw that victory as a reward, a reward for his years of hard work in making the show as entertaining as he could. With that win, the full spotlight was finally on William Regal, and he moved from supporting character to a major one. Sadly, the Wellness Policy struck. I don't 'get' the love for Regal's in-ring skills myself. He's solid, sure, and could no doubt kick my ass in a fight, but it's just not my cup of tea. However, I love the act. Very rarely have I seen him pick up the microphone without becoming interested in what he has to say. As for Cryme Time or Simply Priceless getting the title shot instead... Pft. They have done very little to make me interested in their characters yet. As for Santino as IC Champion... Love it. I dig comedy in my wrestling, and this genuinely entertains me. As for Chris Jericho... I'll admit to not having watched RAW as much as I wanted to, but I've thoroughly enjoyed his super-heel work. The character has hit layers that are frankly brilliant. A hypocritical 'honest' man. As for Jeff Hardy... He has charisma, at least by my definition of the word. When he wrestles, people become emotionally involved. He is an interesting cat. I agree about his mic skills though. Quite poor. However, he's come this far without them, and I have a soft spot for the little bugger, so I'm confident that he can be booked as a legitimate Champion. Not that you should compare Regal and Jeff too much. It's apples and oranges. Different performers. Different characters. Jeff is getting a hella-crazy push. Regal is getting an IC title shot... which I hope he loses.

Agree with alot of this. William Regal is simply solid. He is consistent (I think someone else said this), and has been going at a great level for years. Sure his belly has gotten alittle bigger and his face has gotten alittle more wrinkly, but his matchs are just as good as when he made Bill Dundee wear the bowler hat and walk behind him to the ring. Regal rules and to wonder why the push is nuts. SURE yeah the wellness thing, but if Vince depushed all those who failed tests than half the roster would be in the cellar. As from ya picture I see ya Hardy fan, and of course that is cool, but with all the risk he has taken over the years in ring AND out, saying he is just entering his prime and has like 5 years left before he starts to weaken I think is false. I would say his prime physically is over or about to be. That doesn't mean anything of course as Vince has no problem putting a title on those who are older ala Regal and the like. Veterans that can still hang I think are cool. I myself would have to agree that Hardy is just an overpushed spot monkey, (always preferred his brother) but there is no denying his charisma and the fan reaction he still gets from those weak looking whispers and swans. OH and I also saw ya say something about Hardy just smoking, he also had problems with rave drugs (XTC, Special K, and the like). He is a party goer! Nothing wrong with it in moderation! Unless of course when it effects ya paychecks. Back on subject Regal rules and is simply one of the best in ring workers the WWE has or has ever had.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;519094]I don't think he does at all. A cardboard cut out of William Regal has more personality and character of Hardy ;)[/QUOTE] But you said charisma. Very different beast. Mic wise he's ... improving. Kind way of putting it. However, charisma... Hardy's got that in leaps and bounds. Also remember: Hardy mark. Take what I saw with a bit of a grain of salt, as I know I overemphasis the skills he has.

I would've really liked the whole GM angle to continue with him but he had to go mess it up by getting suspended >_< Never been high on Regal but I must admit he has skills, and I wouldn't minded a solid run with the guy. He had to get something going sometime, and as entertaining as Santino is, I wouldn't mind an IC title reign for Regal(already has quite a few under his belt).

William Regal a future HOF? Not a change. I agree with the topic starter as I really am confused of why they still continue to push Regal. Yeah, he's consistent in a way, but he's old, boring and has a history in Wellness policy violation. I sure hope that the win was a one shot thing. :P

Regal has character he's good on the mic but he has to work to keep people interested. This isn't a bad thing and he works hard but he doesn't inspire anything right from jump. What Jeff has is just there, he walks out and people cheer him, he doesn't need to say much of anything and usually that's a good thing (I'm a huge Hardy mark both of them but even I know his mic skill leaves a bit to be desired). That being said Regal just doesn't do it for me. Sure his skits and characters can be funny but I just don't feel invested in his growth. I missed it I didn't even realized he won the rumble thing for the I.C. title and really I don't care. He's a good solid in ring worker who's probably what would be considered a ring general in TEW and hopefully he's only holding the IC title so he's a good heel for a young face to go up against.

Well then doesnt make that better than Regal, I mean think Hardy doesnt have to talk to be loved, he performace and is loved, people question what he wants more a paycheck or drugs, but Hardy loves the buisness and puts his body on the line day after day, and this was never a Regal vs Hardy, what about Cena, a man who gives his heart a body to the company and is a tweener even though wwe books him as a face, I was at the event last night in Tampa... Which was a great show... and the moment the whole Cena vs the World Champ was announced people booed and the man right next to me booed and i looked at him (because i have never had a problem with Cena) and he was wearing a Cena shirt?????? Confused me to, when i asked him he goes, O i don't want to see Cena in a match, and I said, it's in his home town, so of course they are going to push him for that match, doesnt mean he is going to win, i think WWE has learned they don't need him as a Champion for him to make money and for them to draw ratings Even though the ratings have slipped alot but i think that has to do with the repeating storylines, I mean seriously, are we ever going to see new storylines, I think the E just saves the storylines that work and so they can use them again

i think its best to have regal win that match. he then goes for the IC belt in his home country. he will then LOSE which will put santino over and give him alot of heat for beating regal on his turf. santino beating anyone else in that battle royal does nothing. beating regal does something.

Regal winning made sense to me, especially since he had the 'heel who never got eliminated' thing going on. What made nos ense to me was DiBiase taking his friends out of the Rumble... and then later that night, they're upset that he got kicked in the head. You'd think they'd be all like "Phhht. Serves you right."

I support Regal in this push, but I don't really think it's a "Push". Santino will beat him if the title is on the line, or the whole storyline of Santino's is thrown down the drain.... and I would only do that if it was stale... At times I think it is stale, but overall I find it more entertaining then anything. Santino's going for Honkytonk's record, and the only way I would mess up that is if Santino messed up on the wellness program, the people lost interest, or it was one week away..... Just because it would be funny for him to "Almost" do it. He talkes about it only being one week (and one year) away, it would be hilarious for him to lose it on the week it mattered most, and people point out how far away he was, rather then how close. " Santino... You had to hold onto it for a whole 24 hours, and you lost it on hour 1 of 24, you didn't even come close!" He is a great one for the title though. Regal can compliment, and make anyone look good. He needs a win every now and then to make sure he looks threatening enough, although if he never wins, he is still able to make the other person look very impressive........ And on that note. This is why I think Regal is 100 times better then Jeff Hardy (since this debate come up). I am not a fan of spot monky's by no means, and I think Jeff is well beyond the typical Matt Bourne Spot monkeyness. I am a huge Jeff Hardy fan, not so much a William Regal fan. So why do I say that Regal is 100 times better? Regal is able to not only get the crowd into his match's, no matter who he is against (a Nobody, or the biggest draw), but he is able to make anyone.... LOOK GREAT! That's something that NOT everyone (in fact very little) in wrestling can do. He can lose a huge amount of match's over a span of years, and not win one... Come back within' two shows and look like a huge threat to ANYONE again. He can also take someone that has never looked good, and make them look great. That's part of the bussiness.... if you can't make the opposition look good, then why even lose to them? I don't believe this is a "Push" for Regal, but rather one for Santino (in the long run), but hopefully Regal does get his long deserved "due" someday, althouth......... I can't really feel bad about someone that had a "MONSTROUS" push and blew it all away by violating the wellness policy. Similar feelings on Hardy. Jeff is great, has charisma in tons, but.... He is NO William Regal (at least not yet). I like the new guys as much as anyone, Rhodes, Dibiase, Afa Jr., etc. However.... I can think of another group that they sometimes remind me of... well, at least Rhodes and Bourne (and although has improved tons, Morrison and Jeff). They could have easily been part of the whiney spirit squad. If the WWE made Jeff a bad guy, and had him whining on the mic (like Jericho has been doing), because of the way he speaks, he would lose quite a bit of fans, and so would be horrible for bussiness. In my opinion, if they want to get some of these new guys over, they need to use them as good guys. They need to turn some of these older guys (not just Regal and Kane) into bad guys, and give these kids a break. However, I can see why they don't have to right now. Right now they have tons of star's.... Even Orton looks like a star now (which I can't say I thought that way about him this time last year). People that are "Bigger" as in more over now, then just a year ago... Orton, Miz, Punk, Kingston, Batista, Jericho, JBL, Mysterio (since he's back), Carlito (thanks to his brother), Big Show, Vladimir Koslov, Matt and Jeff Hardy, Mark Henry, Santino and Khali... All get better reactions, are more over this year then last, and all are able to play between Upper Mid, to main event (Santino, Miz and Carlito might not want Main Event just yet, but it's obvious to me that if they keep working on them, they could be). That's not counting Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker, etc... That's just people that have improved from where they were in the card, and in popularity since last year.. With so many of them in the A waste of time..... "The Brian Kendrick and Morrison". They need to split Morrison and Miz up, and possibly put Kendrick with Morrison, or find Morrison a replacement to team up with. Miz needs his own show. People that need to change is Rhodes and Afa Jr, Ezykial, Umaga (needs something to do), Benjamin (time to be a good guy, or at least a middle man), Jesse and Festus (they really need to do some more stuff with these two), Jimmy Wang Yang (wasted talent... needs to be in there somewhere), Dykstra (another talent, that is being used in a way that doesn't fit him... not sure what he needs, gimmick, allignment change, or what, but he's gifted), MVP (They are wasting him..... Really need to get him back up in there, he's gold), Cryme Time need to be in there more as well. Fact is, I wouldn't mind seeing a Cryme Time versus DX show. Two people that have stood out to me throughout the last few years are Kane and Regal though. Always willing to go that extra stretch to make a star out of someone (and even to an extent HHH, although mostly with only Jeff Hardy). These guys COULD get the crowd behind them if they were pushed right. The only reason any of the younger guys here feel different is because you haven't seen them get an actual push (well, besides the "almost" push of Regal before). They get the push, you see more of them, you will get into them... as they are very animated, visual, and easy to read when acting through there parts/storylines. wow.... sorry for the long post.

Amazed no-one else has mentioned it... but William Regal is friends with HHH from their days teaming in WCW. That's why Regal will always have a solid spot on the WWE roster. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but it's his for as long as he wants it, basically. And while I thought the battle royal was meh - same booking as when he won the GM spot last year - him going up against Santino in Manchester next week will mean two things: Comedy gold on the microphones ("The Honkameter? You bloody idiot..." etc.) and a solid match that William, in all likelihood, will lose - as the hometown guy never seems to win these days.

[QUOTE=James Casey;519347]Amazed no-one else has mentioned it... but William Regal is friends with HHH from their days teaming in WCW. That's why Regal will always have a solid spot on the WWE roster. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but it's his for as long as he wants it, basically. And while I thought the battle royal was meh - same booking as when he won the GM spot last year - him going up against Santino in Manchester next week will mean two things: Comedy gold on the microphones ("The Honkameter? You bloody idiot..." etc.) and a solid match that William, in all likelihood, will lose - as the hometown guy never seems to win these days.[/QUOTE] A good point made. The first Blue Bloods were cool. [QUOTE] With so many of them in the A waste of time..... "The Brian Kendrick and Morrison". They need to split Morrison and Miz up, and possibly put Kendrick with Morrison, or find Morrison a replacement to team up with. Miz needs his own show. [/QUOTE] Your post was long and you were kinda rambling. *LOL* ITS OK! I still read the entire thing! And some points were made. I see ya have manlove for The Miz - That's cool he has actually started to grow on me quite a bit. But the Quote it seems like ya hating on THE Kendrick and SHAMEN OF SEXY John Morrison, both of which in my eyes are stars whom if not RIGHT NOW but in the not so distant future, should be battling for the very top title on the brand. So I guess we disagree on that even if we 100% agree that William Regal is TOTALLY better than Jeffy Hardy Boy.

Archived